Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lorensonstephanie94e0b898 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:23:32 PM(UTC)
lorensonstephanie94e0b898

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a file that I made, While I can't claim to be the original creator of it all, I did copy one image off the internet and modify it in paint then import it to the design space cloud. I also used a rectangle from the cricut basic shapes and welded it to the word (written with a system font) to make the letters all one piece

I did some in inkscape, some in paint and some in design space using system fonts. Why is the share box unable to be checked?

What makes a file sharable? or more importantly, which element makes a file unshareable?
nancyh Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:31:08 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 648 time(s) in 486 post(s)
Any files made with any non-Cricut images can not be shared, even if some cricut images were used in the file. I believe they did that so that people could not freely share purchased SVG files. There are other ways to share files for download, just not through Design Space.
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:35:54 PM(UTC)

OK, I guess that makes sense to protect the rights of people selling files. But... what are these other ways of sharing?

Basically, my sister lives some distance from me and we thought we could each have our own design space account and then she would send the link to me and I could cut it and give her the pieces next time I see her. Do we need to use the same account? If so, can we both be logged in at the same time?
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:48:37 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Cricut Community Admin, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 252 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lorensonstephanie94e0b898 Go to Quoted Post
OK, I guess that makes sense to protect the rights of people selling files. But... what are these other ways of sharing?

Basically, my sister lives some distance from me and we thought we could each have our own design space account and then she would send the link to me and I could cut it and give her the pieces next time I see her. Do we need to use the same account? If so, can we both be logged in at the same time?

Hello- Sharing projects with friends is fast and simple. First, open the project detail window and click "Customize Project". This will open the project on your design screen. Then, just highlight the URL in the browser’s address bar and copy it. Then you can send that link via email to share with friends and family.

Note: When sharing with friends in other countries, you may receive an error message if the content is only available in specific countries and you are not entitled to it already. You will have to delete the image content from the canvas before proceeding to the cutting process.

Be sure that the country in the URL you are working from matches your preferred country.

I hope this helps you out :)

Cricut Tamara
 2 users thanked Cricut Tamara :) for this useful post.
PLZ do on 5/17/2014(UTC), CocoasMom on 5/18/2014(UTC)
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:00:53 PM(UTC)

Humm, I'm still abit confused. So, what does the checkmark in share do? I interpreted it as the ability to let the file be open in another design space account?

If I check mark something as sharable, does that mean there is some way to search for it without the url (while not logged into MY DS account? and conversely, someone with the URL can see it whether or not it is shared?