Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
*NanaDonna* Offline
#61 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 6:11:52 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2591 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

I do think that everything looks better matted. There's also a matting ruler set that I might end up getting.

I love new toolsBigGrin Flapper Can you post of link of what these are or what they are called. I suspect I might have them already

BingoLady Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 11:15:51 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
To all of you ladies wonderful cards, all the colors and all the nice décor.

Sorry I wasn't able to comment on each card.

Sunnieday, so nice to see you back with all your nice cards.

Lisa, So nice of you to host the next challenge.

Edited by user Saturday, May 31, 2014 11:17:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 6/2/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#63 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 11:36:23 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 431 post(s)
Here is sketch 4, extra credit and ad color challenge. Did not use any Cricut on this one since I wanted to finish it before I went to work.
Kiethann attached the following image(s):
mermaid you are special.jpg
JeanP Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 12:26:38 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 830 time(s) in 682 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
I love new toolsBigGrin Flapper Can you post of link of what these are or what they are called. I suspect I might have them already

No link but they are called Perfect Layers. I have them and forget to use themBlushing Blushing Blushing

*NanaDonna* Offline
#65 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 3:53:33 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
No link but they are called Perfect Layers. I have them and forget to use themBlushing Blushing Blushing

JeanP I suspected that is what they were. I have a set already, just thought maybe I was missing something new LOL. They work OK but you kind of have to work backwards, another words cut your smaller piece first, then lay it on your matting piece and trim to the size you want. I have a hard time doing that as I usually cut my largest piece first.

Here is a link for all those wondering what we are talking about Perfect Layers

Edited by user Sunday, June 01, 2014 3:55:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraCzech Offline
#66 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 10:51:29 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Here are my cards for this challenge - and not on the last day!
Card #1 - The scroll is the only Cricut cut on the card. The pen, ink bottle and glasses are stamps that I fussy cut.
Card #2 - All are Cricut cuts except the tag.
Card #3 - No Cricut at all. The scalloped circle is a die-cut. - Extra points for the colors.
Card #4 - All Cricut cuts.

Edited by user Sunday, June 01, 2014 10:55:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraCzech attached the following image(s):
Letter Thinking of You.jpg
Time.jpg
Celebrate.jpg
Congrats1.JPG
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2014 1:46:42 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1583 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
Here is the card I made last week and haven't posted yet. It has been hard to get time to do these lately. But I still keep trying. Can't remember which sketch it is but I used Lacey Labels for the tag and Stripes folder from SU.

I'm gonna try to get some comments posted on the remaining cards. It has been fun to come in and look at all of your creations for the challenge. You are all so talented and make my day to see your creations! Thanks!

Edited by user Monday, June 02, 2014 1:51:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ValerieSchomburg attached the following image(s):
DSC01000.JPG
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#68 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2014 2:49:40 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1583 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
Okay. I hope I have listed everyone and your cards with my comments. Okay I had to edit. Did forget a few!

BingoLady - #3 Love the card! So patriotic. Love the big star and how you layered it. Also love the smaller stars they add sparkle. So eye catching. Great job!

Sunnieday - #1 Love the polka dot BG paper. Very pretty birdhouse. Butterflies add a great touch. Great job! #2 Pretty papers! Like the variety and how they blend together. The white hand drawn touches look really nice. Great job! #3 Love the flower pot and all the flowers. #4 Very cheery get well card. Like all the different touches on this card.

DeeScraps - #1 Great card. Love the papers you used. #2 Cute teapot card. Love the BG paper and strips. Everything goes so well together. #4 Love the Christmas theme. So nice!

TurtleBug - #4. Great colors. So festive! Love the cuts used. The embossing adds a great touch.

Keithann - #1 Cute baby card. Like all of the balloons and all the colors. Great job!

SandraCzech - #1 Love the BG paper and theme. Very nice! #2 Very Nice! Love the clocks and quote on the tag. #3 Cute idea with candles on scallop. Great job! #4 Love the pretty colors and the butterflies with sparkle are beautiful. Great job!

Lisa W - #1 - Really cute baby card. Love the paper patterns especially the baby bottles. #2 Cute Zoo animal card. Love the colors and papers. #3 Great job! Love the colors and patterns.

Keep up the great work everyone! Love it!

Edited by user Monday, June 02, 2014 3:07:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
Kiethann on 6/2/2014(UTC), TurtleBug on 6/2/2014(UTC), SandraCzech on 6/3/2014(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#69 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2014 4:32:35 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I've been doing more organizing in my craft room and found more scraps. Instead of throwing them away, I cut some down for card fronts.

Because I liked Sketch #3 so much, I made a few more cards with just a little variation to them.
I used removable tape on the mats because I didn't know what I wanted for a sentiment. Looks like one would be good for Valentine's Day next year.LOL

Looking forward to the next set of sketches!!!!

I posted Layout sketches in the Layout forum( LID Challenge)if anyone is interested

Edited by user Monday, June 02, 2014 4:35:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP attached the following image(s):
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1304.JPG
IMG_1305.JPG
*NanaDonna* Offline
#70 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2014 7:56:32 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello everyone, hope you had a fabuloous weekend

Keithann - #4 Great ad color card and what an interesting image you used. Nice added touch with the bling

Sandra - Nice to you! #1 very pretty card and what a great theme, love the eyeglasses #2 very nice vintage look, great background paper and love the cuts you added #3 Cute what an adorable image of the candle. Great card in the ad colors, and just love the sparkly celebrate #4 This is my favorite! I love the colors and the layered butterflies is fabulous.

Valerie - pretty card, love the yellow and violet color combination and the background embossing

Jean - More #3 BigGrin I had this sketch on my desk for months and wanted to make a card since I liked it so much, so I understand why you chose it to make some extras. I like the way you flipped a couple of them Pretty colors on the first one Second one would work for a lot of different occasions, love the blue & orange together Next one would make the perfect Valentines card, you could even put I (in 1st heart) love (in 2nd heart) and you (in 3rd heart)

How I didn't miss anyone and thanks to all you made cards this challenge, I too am looking forward to the next set of sketches.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
SandraCzech on 6/3/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#71 Posted : Monday, June 02, 2014 11:03:01 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 937 time(s) in 603 post(s)
keithann
#4 in Ad Colors & Ex. Credit - Very pretty and soothing image, like her arm over the sentiment, like she is holding it. The font you used is very simple and clean, it allows the image to be the focal point of the card.

SandraCzech
Happy for you....you got them all done early!BigGrin
#1 - Awesome card, love every detail! The BG pattern is very pretty and nostalgic looking, just like the black & white cuts.
#2 - WOW!! This would make an awesome male card, love the clocks and top hat. Beautiful sentiment, too.
#3 - Very cute and fun CAS card! Love the "happy" celebrate stamp and the candles are beyond cute!! Are they like singing at the top of their lungs??!Laugh
#4 - Beautiful!! Love the colors and the glittery Butterflies. Which cart are the Butterflies from and how many times layered...Thanks! I'm thinking I should not have matted my #4 card, like the way yours looks without matting....oh well, next time.Smile

Valerie
#2 - Very pretty, love the frame in the tag and the pretty floral paper. Like the embossing folder you used, what does the "SU" brand stand for? The reciepient of this card will love it!

JeanP
Perfect way to use up all those scraps we save and just KNOW we will need someday!Wink
A - Very nice! The inking adds an extra effect to the card, like the brown/blue color combo. This is nice for either a male or female.
B - Like the orange dot and circle as the center point of the pattern paper, looks nice with the orange stripes. I actually like this orange & light blue combo!!
C - LOVE it!! The direction of the lines in the BG pattern going opposite of the solid red stripes gives the card an awesome look. Love the hearts, too!

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
SandraCzech on 6/3/2014(UTC)
SandraCzech Offline
#72 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 12:20:04 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
keithann
#4 in Ad Colors & Ex. Credit - Very pretty and soothing image, like her arm over the sentiment, like she is holding it. The font you used is very simple and clean, it allows the image to be the focal point of the card.

SandraCzech
Happy for you....you got them all done early!BigGrin
#1 - Awesome card, love every detail! The BG pattern is very pretty and nostalgic looking, just like the black & white cuts.
#2 - WOW!! This would make an awesome male card, love the clocks and top hat. Beautiful sentiment, too.
#3 - Very cute and fun CAS card! Love the "happy" celebrate stamp and the candles are beyond cute!! Are they like singing at the top of their lungs??!Laugh
#4 - Beautiful!! Love the colors and the glittery Butterflies. Which cart are the Butterflies from and how many times layered...Thanks! I'm thinking I should not have matted my #4 card, like the way yours looks without matting....oh well, next time.Smile

Valerie
#2 - Very pretty, love the frame in the tag and the pretty floral paper. Like the embossing folder you used, what does the "SU" brand stand for? The reciepient of this card will love it!

JeanP
Perfect way to use up all those scraps we save and just KNOW we will need someday!Wink
A - Very nice! The inking adds an extra effect to the card, like the brown/blue color combo. This is nice for either a male or female.
B - Like the orange dot and circle as the center point of the pattern paper, looks nice with the orange stripes. I actually like this orange & light blue combo!!
C - LOVE it!! The direction of the lines in the BG pattern going opposite of the solid red stripes gives the card an awesome look. Love the hearts, too!

Hi TurtleBug:

The little butterfly is from "Classroom - June & July" (CCR) and the large butterfly is from Indie Art. they're both layered base + 2.
SandraCzech Offline
#73 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 12:56:57 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

I'm so late in reviewing the cards but they're all great! So, here it goes:

NannaDonna Love your sketches. #1 - pretty card and great colors #2 - Very nice - again, I love your color combinations #3 - I like your embossed background - it's perfect for the star #4 - Black, white & red are my favorite color combinations - I love this card. Ad colors card - love the banner - neat card. Your box card was beautiful. What cut did you sue for the back of the box?

Bingo lady #1 - Very pretty card - nice colors. Extra Credit card - Cute card - your bee is so cute. #2 - (Hope you're feeling better by now)Nice job with the colors and paper on this one. #3 - Just beautiful!

Jean P Very nice #1 - so clean looking. Clean cards are had for me. I always want to add more. #3 I like that polka dot paper - very pretty card. Bonus card - Nice! Extra #1 cards - nice!

Turtlebug Your card in the box turned out beautifully. Your daughter must have loved it. #2 - Very nice I love the colors (I like brown) #3 - what a cute card - it's so cheerful. #1 & ad colors - Very pretty. Is the base glitter paper? #4 - Hola to you, too. I think you did a great job on this card.

KeithAnn #1 - A very cute & happy card. Your background paper is perfect for this card. #4 Nice card - Love the mermaid.

ValerieShcomburg #1 - How Cute - the birdhouse is darling. #2 - pretty card - very nice colors.

DeeScraps #2 - Love those mice! Great card.
#1 - Very pretty card - the colors are perfect. #4 - Your teapot background paper is just perfect with your cute teapot. #4 - Very pretty Christmas card.

BLisaW Very pretty baby card. Great selection of papers. (love the carriage!)

Sunieday#1 Very pretty - love your birdhouse #2 - pretty card - the center square is so pretty - love the lacy look. #3 - my favorite card - so pretty #4 - Very pretty card - nice job is coordinating the papers and embellishments.

Lisa W #2 - Cute card - great for a little boy's birthday #3 - Very nice - pretty paper.

I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 03, 2014 1:02:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 1:15:26 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Not sure if I have posted about everyone's cards or notBlushing.

Keithann-great card for the color challenge!!!!

Sandra- #1 I like the colors and the cricut/Stamping combination.
#2 Very nice card that would certainly be perfect as a masculine card.
#3 Colors are perfect and I like the "dancing" candles.
#4 This one is awesome. I am all about colors and I LOVE these. Butterflies are cute!

Val- I had such a hard time with this sketch!!! Yours came out really well!!!!
Love the birdhouse in your other card.

BingoLady Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 6:54:17 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Donna, thankyou for hosting this past two weeks, sorry I did't get all my sketches done.
Dee, and thankyou for the colors.
And to all of you ladies thanks for posting all your wonderful cards.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 6/3/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 11:28:33 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna,
Thanks for Hosting this challenge and for the fun sketches, especially the Ex. Credit...Card-in-a-Box and pushing me to try new card-making ideas.

DeeScraps
Thanks for the challenging Ad Colors for these past two weeks. Like how they finally came together on my finished card.

Off to see what Lisa has in store for us next~~
TurtleBug Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 11:49:56 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=SandraCzech;1857878]
Turtlebug Your card in the box turned out beautifully. Your daughter must have loved it. #2 - Very nice I love the colors (I like brown) #3 - what a cute card - it's so cheerful. #1 & ad colors - Very pretty. Is the base glitter paper? #4 - Hola to you, too. I think you did a great job on this card.
quote]

Hi Sandra
No, the base paper is not glitter, just patterned, I bought it at Michael's single sheet rack. When I saw it, it reminded me of crushed jewels, like Rubies, Sapphires and Amethyst. But, at the same time I really loved it and just wondered IF the time would ever come how I would incorporate it into a card. Thanks to Dee...I finally got a chance to use it!ThumpUp Smile

*NanaDonna* Offline
#78 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:33:34 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: SandraCzech Go to Quoted Post

NannaDonna Love your sketches. #1 - pretty card and great colors #2 - Very nice - again, I love your color combinations #3 - I like your embossed background - it's perfect for the star #4 - Black, white & red are my favorite color combinations - I love this card. Ad colors card - love the banner - neat card. Your box card was beautiful. What cut did you sue for the back of the box?

Sandra thanks the cut on the back of my card is a die cut I think a Spellbinder
LisaW. Offline
#79 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2014 5:31:18 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
NanaDonna: Thank you for the wonderful sketches. Your box card is gorgeous. Someday I am going to attempt one...just not enough hours in the weeks. I have a hard enough time sometimes to even get to the sketches. Love your ad challenge card and how you flipped it. I wished I lived closer to you so you could be my teacher for all your techniques.

Dee: Thanks for the colors...challenging. Absolutely love your sketch #2 with the mesh and the little mouse is adorable. Great job on sketch #1 with the ad colors. On your rectangle...are the strips different papers? Love the different patterns. Very nice "teacup
card. Wonderful job on your sketch #4...candles are beautiful. Sorry Dee...never found time to get back on and missed your message about when I was posting the challenge.

BingoLady: Great ad colors for your sketch 1. Fantastic idea on the HB title to use the embossing folder. Seems like no matter how many "happy birthday" stamps, stickers, etc., you never can find the right one...with me anyways. Always my go to folder...dots. Fun extra credit card withthe adorable bee. Sorry you are feeling under the weather. Very pretty sketch #2.

JeanP: Thanks for joining us. Might be simple cards but they are perfect. Love the plaid paper with the green and brown. Fantastic job on #3...great color combination. Wonderful way to use up those scraps and love the variety of the cards that you made. I didn't stick to my New Year's resolution this year...use up my scraps. I just keep making more.

Turtlebug: Beautiful job on your box card. Great sketch #2...great male card. Love those triangle studs. Cute #3 with the different colored ribbons to match the paper. Right on for the ad colors...beautiful card. Those were definitely some challenging colors. I went to all 5 of my scrapbook stores looking for those colors the last couple days...found a sorta at one store but put it back because I was going to another store and figured I would find something there...nope so now I have nothing. Very nice "hola" card. Matting looks perfect to me. Cute margarita and hat. Wonderful 4th of July card...love the star.

Sunnieday...welcome back. Cute birdhouse. Very pretty papers from sketch #2...are they all from the same pack? Nice sketch #3...love how you took the diagonal part of the sketch and turned it upside down and used something totally different than lines. Fantastic sketch #4...pretty flowers.

Valerie: I know the feeling of so much going on...sometimes it is hard to find time to even breathe, lol. I love your birdhouse and the yellow bird is adorable. Really stands out against the reds. Pretty paper combination with the yellow and purple.

Keithann: Wonderful bday card...background paper is perfect. What is border dazzles? Very pretty sketch #4 and flipping it...in the ad colors too.

SandraCzech: Sketch #1 is wonderful...very nice with the scroll and the stamp set is perfect with it. Great job on sketch #2 and like the sentiment you added to go along with it. Love your little candle stamp. Gorgeous sketch #4...butterflies are beautiful and love how you just cut you paper into different sections...it is all the same paper right?

2 users thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 6/5/2014(UTC), TurtleBug on 6/5/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#80 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2014 11:23:02 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post

Turtlebug: Beautiful job on your box card. Great sketch #2...great male card. Love those triangle studs. Cute #3 with the different colored ribbons to match the paper. Right on for the ad colors...beautiful card. Those were definitely some challenging colors. I went to all 5 of my scrapbook stores looking for those colors the last couple days...found a sorta at one store but put it back because I was going to another store and figured I would find something there...nope so now I have nothing. Very nice "hola" card. Matting looks perfect to me. Cute margarita and hat. Wonderful 4th of July card...love the star.

Hi Lisa and Bingolady
Sorry, thanks!! But, can't take credit for Bingo Lady's nice 4th of July card!!LOL

Kiethann Offline
#81 Posted : Friday, June 06, 2014 9:38:45 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 431 post(s)
Border Dazzles are flat but inticate cut stickers. They are made by Hot off the Press. I found this set at JoAnns. A website called PaperWishes featured them on one of their webisodes. You can also order them directly from www.Paperwishes.com. I like them because you can change the color using Sharpies or Alcohol ink markers. They also make flat jewel dots. Love them also. Below is a pic of border dazzles. Oh, and they are very shiny!
Kiethann attached the following image(s):
border dazzles.jpg