Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

34 Pages«<323334
NJsharon Offline
#991 Posted : Tuesday, September 09, 2014 4:15:24 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Sandra, I made some glitter ornaments, very fun & easy! My girls actually helped make one each too! Mine were big flat circle ones though (I figured easier to put vinyl on them then) & they were glass, from Michaels. Let me know if you find the plastic ones, I need to get some too! Someone said Walmart has the plastic ones, will have to look at ours to check.

Glad DH is doing much better.

Joy, the lady that used to do my eyebrows actually got in an accident because of a spider on her! She said a spider was on her & she was freaking out & ended up swerving off the road into something. Did enough damage to her car that it was not driveable & she was in a rental car!

I don't get freaked out by spiders. lol But ticks, I HATE those. I had one actually biting in my lower arm this summer. Looked down & just saw it, didn't feel it at all. Bleuch!!!! It is gross too as you can't just toss it off, you have to get tweezers & twist them out of the skin. Soooo gross. Hate ticks!!!

Today is a pretty easy day, work then vinyl stuff. Have a good one all!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#992 Posted : Tuesday, September 09, 2014 5:58:18 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1282 time(s) in 997 post(s)
Hi Girls,

I got some really bad news yesterday my girlfriend who had the cancer last year well it came back and they were giving her another treatment of Chemo and she suddenly passed.

I can't believe it we have been friends for so long kind of in the state of shock. We talked every week since she was sick and her resistance was so low that she couldn't have visitors.

I know she is now in a better place and pain free I kept telling heer to pray and have faith and she kept telling me she was going to get thru this.

Very sad
Shelly Offline
#993 Posted : Tuesday, September 09, 2014 8:02:06 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Sharon - Hope your week goes better!!

Sandra - Snow! Yes that is way to early. Like your pictures! Hope DH is getting better.

Nancy - Sounds like you had a nice day. Hope you new embossing machine gets here fast.

Joy - When do you leave on your cruise? Glad it was "just" a spider and not an accident for Jill. I hate bugs.

Our inspection should be starting in about an hour. I don't know what I am supposed to do for all the time they are here. DH wants me here, and I want to leave. He wants me to listen to what is said. I told him I'm not following around. I guess the buyer and his realtor will be here also. At least it is almost all over and if it goes well I can pack.

We have decided to stay with our DD for sure. We thought about getting an apartment and even though they are charging us a lot more than we expected, it is still cheaper than an apt. Hope it goes okay. They are finishing their basement. The carpet will be put in the day we move in, but the basement bathroom will be about two more weeks, as the cabinet they ordered won't be here.

We have been having quite the rain from remnants of Hurricane Norbert (I think that's the name). But in the south of the state LOTS of flash flooding. A portion of I-15 is closed for a few days by the Utah Arizona border as the road washed away. Going to be another bad day down there. They say it is going to be worse there than here. It is pouring really hard right now.

Well I will be very happy when this day is over. Too much stress for me. My stomach as been in knots for weeks. Hope once we are settled at my daughters I will feel better.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#994 Posted : Tuesday, September 09, 2014 9:06:58 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1481 time(s) in 1178 post(s)
Nancy, so sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

Sandra, SNOW?!? Oh yuck.

Sharon, tick bites can be kind of dangerous! My dad knows how to get them off as he grew up where there were ticks.

Shelly, just breathe. It will all be OK. I am amazed at all the rain you have been getting! And Phoenix. Oh my.

Angie posts a tiny bit on facebook, but not much. Hopefully, she is getting along OK. Maybe she has finally gotten used to living in Jordan.

Lincoln is glued to my side. He is afraid of Kail, the Great Dane.

We will head out in mid-October to Jill's, the cruise leave Oct. 18. Jill and her renter are doing a Bon Voyage experience - they will get on the ship with us for a few hours before we leave. Should be fun.
SandraB. Offline
#995 Posted : Tuesday, September 09, 2014 8:15:21 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 237 post(s)
another cool and rainy day here todaySad! Troy had his first bowling of the season tonite so just back from the bowling alley awhile ago. Just finished up my glitter ball that I glittered last nite, I also made a fridge magnet...I was on a rollLOL!

Sharon: I was wondering how you store your sheets of vinyl? I bit the bullet and ordered a nice supply from Expressions Vinyl this afternoon BigGrin! The ones I got from Michael's are glass, I did see the flat ones also. When I buy more I will get some bigger ones, I think mine are a bit on the small side. I did manage to decal on then though.

Joy: glad your dd is ok after her spider scare

Nancy: sorry to hear about your friend and you're right, she is in a better place and not suffering anymore

Shelly: hope everything went ok for you today and with your dd. We've been seeing pictures of the floods on the news, wow!

Joy: how long is Kail there for? Bet you're looking forward to your cruise

Off to watch some tv before the nite's done.

Take care everyone

NJsharon Offline
#996 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:37:01 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Nancy, so sorry about your girlfriend. I hate Cancer, it is such a horrible disease. I know a few family & friends who have passed all because of Cancer. :(

Sandra, I have my HTV in plastic sterilite drawers. I actually found my drawers by the side of the road!! Someone was throwing them out & they work perfectly! But it is like this model at Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/i...Drawer-Set-of-3/15940592

I have my regular flat HTV by color in the top drawer (gold on top, then under that reds, then orange, then yellows etc. going in rainbow order. I keep my black & white HTV on top of the drawers as I use that the most.

Then the 2nd drawer has glitter HTV in it, not really organized too well though. lol

Bottom drawer has some special HTV (glow in the dark, perforated, holographic etc.).

I store my 651 & 631 separately too. I have my 651 on shelves inside those modular cubes that I got from Michaels on sale. They stick out a bit (about 2" sticks out), but it works fine. Again, regular 651 organized loosely by color on top shelf, 2nd one with glitter 651 & then I think some rolls on the 3rd shelf.

I also store my rhinestone supplies in the same style modular cubes with shelves, from Michaels.
The rhinestones themselves I have in spice jars, labeled on a spice rack, mounted to the wall & that works great!

I will try to take pics of my organization later.

NJsharon Offline
#997 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:45:49 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Here are my drawers for HTV Sandra...

HTV drawers

Then these are my cubes with shelves (from Michaels) for my various 651...

651 storage

Then my rhinestones...

Rhinestone storage
Shelly Offline
#998 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:49:12 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy - So sorry to hear about your friend!

Joy - I'm so excited for you for your trip! I really want to hear all about it. We are hoping to do that cruise in the very near future. I'm sure Jill will enjoy the BVE!

It is sunny today!!!! I'm so tired of the rain. No more rain for a week. Glad we are not heading to Mesquite with our motorhome for a few weeks, since the interstate is gone. The detour is really long. Should be fixed by the time we go.

Had the inspection, but haven't heard anything yet. Thought we would hear by this morning at the latest. I know we won't hear about the radon gas test till Friday, but wanted to know about the other so I could work on packing more. I guess it is pretty much a given that we will have a problem with the radon gas. Kind of bothers me that we would have to take care of it, when it is not something that is our fault. But, I guess we will have to either have the work done, or pay for it to have them do it.

We got another offer on our house yesterday. Our realtor has been still having us do showings in case something happened with this one. It is a ridiculous offer, $50,000 less than our asking price. But I guess we are going to counter with the same offer we have now, in case this one doesn't go through for some reason.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#999 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:30:27 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good morning. Barely. Almost noon.

Shelly, I saw the freeway washout on the news this morning! Oh my!!!

My vinyl is in a cardboard box in a closet. Very high-tech storage.

DH and I went and had our shots this morning, just like the dog! I had flu, allergy, and tetanus which includes several things like whooping cough. DH had flu and allergy. My allergies have been AWFUL the past couple of weeks. And there is something on the ships on Princess that completely congest me. Can't breathe at all sometimes like at dinner.

Heading to Costco shortly. After we walk the dogs. I have no idea how long Kail and his owner will be here. Maybe up to two weeks!!!!

Neil, Kail's owner, will be moving back up here permanently in October. But before he does, he is going to try and get Jill in to his doctor that does acupuncture. She has got to do something about the migraines that she has constantly.
NJsharon Offline
#1000 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:16:42 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Good morning all! I am exhausted! lol

Elise was up last night again with nightmares. Ugh. Don't know what else to do, we eliminated shadows by blacking out her windows, she has a bear nightlight that stays on, dreamcatcher, we reassure her every night. She woke up refusing to go back in her room until she either got to go in our bed or someone came with her in her bed. So I went in her bed & I am exhausted now, didn't sleep well. :( Any suggestions on what else to do?

We even mentioned the nightmares to the pediatrician as she gets them about every other night. She said nightlight, dreamcatcher & reassure her. I said we did all those things & she said, keep doing them, she will outgrow it. Ummm, thanks.

Wondering if my sleep dr could do anything? I really don't know but have to do something.

Today I have 8 vinyl shirts to make for tomorrow for a crop. So I have to get busy on that.
Elise has cardiologist appt this morning too.
Then my birthday on Saturday & so taking cupcakes to the crop weekend (going to that this weekend), so need to pick them up later too!

Busy, busy, busy!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1001 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:26:42 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, maybe music playing all night? Megan used to have to have music playing to sleep. Or there are those sound machine things that make noise all night. Either white noise or something specific like a brook or tide or train. Merle HAS to have his sound machine. There are also free apps, at least for android things (tablet, phone). White Noise apps.

Had company for coffee this morning. They stayed a bit long, so I am way behind this morning. Oh well.
SandraB. Offline
#1002 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:41:49 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 237 post(s)
decided to try inkscape...not looking good so farSad! I just want a hello kitty svg. for a Christmas ornament for my great neice. And of course, that's one cart I don't have! Just ordered the Sept., mystery pack...had such good luck with the last one, as well as the ZooBoLo cart. Had to get $50.00 worth for my free fedex shipping.

Sharon: thanks for the info. on storage. Right now I just have my iron-on seperated from my vinyl, but when my big order arrives I will have to do something different. Hope you can find something to help your dd. Another question: do you wash your t-shirts before putting the iron-on on and if so is it ok to dry with a fabric softener sheet? I read somewhere that you shouldn't and I did, but it was with a full load. I may have to re-wash mine if so. Have fun at your crop

Shelly: glad your inspection is over and glad you got another offer. Enjoy the sunshine, we are supposed to start warming up again for the next week or so.

Joy: hope your dd gets some help with her migraines.

Nancy:hope you are doing ok.

I may have to take tomorrow afternoon off as we have an appt., with a lawyer for Troy's guardianship papers and this afternoon we found out our range hood is being delivered between noon & 3:00 and our appt. is 1:30. I made this appt a few weeks ago as dh is off tomorrow, so if the delivery isn't here by 1:00 I guess I'll have to come home. Fingers-crossed it will be! I got all the pieces cut out tonite for the witch's legs to put on my cauldron, will have to finish it tomorrow evening.

Take care everyone

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1003 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 9:08:21 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sandra, a witches legs and cauldron sounds cute!!! Have you watched the Crafts by Two videos on Inkscape? I did good when I tried one working along with their video, but if I try another, I will have to bring up the video again. I don't think I can do it by myself.

Kate is doing OK. She is taking this afternoon off from work, just for some "me" time. They also found out yesterday that Jordan's car really does need replaced. It has 190,000 miles on it. He is attached to it for sentimental reasons (his grandparents gave it to him). They have told him to get rid of it!

Kail, the 120 or more pound Great Dane, and Lincoln (all of 30 pounds dripping wet) were doing laps this morning - on my bed! UP on the bed, DOWN to the floor, UP on the bed, DOWN to the floor. I banished them from the bedroom.
Shelly Offline
#1004 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 10:41:10 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sharon - I sure hope you can find something to help your daughter! Have fun at your crop this weekend! Hope you have a Happy Birthday too!!

Sandra - Good luck with inkscape. I have watched a video and I'm not sure I have the brainpower to do that. Hope your hood arrived on time!

Joy - Sounds like you are having lots of fun with your house guest dog. Good luck with him. Glad Kate is doing better. Hope she finds out what the problem is and it is soming super minor and simple.

Went today to the design center and picked all the colors and stuff out for our house. Took forever. My youngest DD, Jill, met us there after while and helped me. She is really good with colors.

We have had a heck of a time with this house selling. I am really upset with these people. The inspector told me our house was in good condition and we had a beautiful home. He took the buyers through and told them about a couple small things that needed fixing, like a broken window (had a beebee shot through it). He told them that it was up to code for when it was built and pointed out the upgrades we had done. He told them about some upgrades they might want to make. I was sitting in the front room and heard most of it. Well, the buyers decided that they didn't know there was so much "work needed" on the place to be done and so they wanted a ridiculous amount of money from us to go ahead with the offer! Their realtor told them they couldn't get it, that it was a 37 y.o. home and they couldn't expect that. A lot of back and forth was done. Our realtor finally told them to take the MUCH smaller amount we offered, which was way too much, and run with it, as they couldn't find anything similar for the amount of money and they were getting a steal as it was. Their realtor basically told them the same thing. So they agreed. Our realtor, also told them that if it was up to her, we wouldn't have offered them anything.

So as of now the sale is still on. But late this afternoon, we found out they want to move up the signing and wanted us out on the 19th at 3 p.m. We told them no, we have to have next Saturday when our son-in-laws can help us move out the big stuff. So now we have till Monday to be out. I wanted to make them wait till the original date, which is the 24th., but I guess we will go. We can't move in with our DD till the 24th or 25th because their carpet won't be in, so I guess we are going to stay in our motorhome until we can move there. It is a big mess.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1005 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 6:27:09 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi girls,

This has been a rough week for me I haven't felt this kind of sense of loss since my mom passed 4 yrs. ago.

I have known my girlfriend for about 22 yrs. although we didn't see each other that often (except when we were country dancing) we were still close.

We are leaving for the cemetary shortly. Her daughter was an only child and i can relate to her and her loss. It was rough yesterday and I can't wait for this day to be over.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1006 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:13:55 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Prayers for you today, Nancy.

Shelly, boy, those people are trying to take advantage of you! At least you have a motorhome to live in for a few days. Do you have a good place to park it?

Going to a cousin gathering (DH's cousins). One of them will soon be moving to Jerusalem.

Kail is gone for the day so it is nice and quiet. Except I noticed that one of my spatula's is in the back yard. That would be a Lincoln thing.

Off before too long to Costco for lunch. Glare Oh yay.

Sandra, how did your witches legs/cauldron turn out?
Shelly Offline
#1007 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:33:20 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can start feeling better soon. It has got to be so hard for you.

Joy - How was Costco lunch? I have a membership with my dad, but I don't go very often because it is so crowded all the time I don't like it.

Sandra I would love to see a picture of your witches legs.

Spent the day packing up some stuff and sorting the boxes we have already packed. I took the boxes with craft supplies that had adhesives and glues and things I was worried about being ruined if it froze in the storage unit to one of my DD's basement to store for the duration. I am taking all my cricuts, embroidery machine and our piano to another DD to keep until we get in the new house.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1008 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 1:39:42 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, will you have any opportunity to use your toys at your other DD's house?

I had a salad at Costco!!! LOL We went to our Cousin Reunion. It was nice. We didn't stay a long time, though. They are Merle's cousins. I don't know them very well, but I am pretty social, so all is good! I probably talked to them more then he did.
Shelly Offline
#1009 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 10:00:13 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Joy - No Sad. Everything is going into storage at either the storage unit or one of my DDs homes. Everything is boxed up. Most of the craft things are going to the storage unit except what I am worried about freezing. Don't know if it will get that cold in there, but don't want to take a chance. The only things going to where we are staying is our bedroom furniture and I am going to take my crochet hooks. So no crafting or sewing till we move in the house, however, found out we will need to wire the basement for some outlets. DH said he will do that soon after we get in, but will have to wait a while to get the room finished. But that's okay as long as I can have some power down there.

I am glad I have collected books on my kindle. That should keep me entertained some.

I spent today relaxing, as last night by the time I quit packing, my back was killing me. So back at it tomorrow. I really don't have a lot left. The house is starting to look strange. We have been here for 27 years so it is going to be weird to leave. Don't think it has really hit me that we are moving yet.
NJsharon Offline
#1010 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 4:46:31 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Sandra, I do not prewash ever. When I do wash my shirts (with vinyl or rhinestones on them) I never use fabric softener & do not use dryer sheets either. Something about the chemicals in the softener can release the sticky on the vinyl & I think the dryer sheets is the same. Shame as I love the smell & less static of dryer sheets, but it's okay. Just do them in a smaller wash.

Had a fantastic birthday weekend. I cropped, I shopped & then dropped. LOL Shopped the Scrapbook Expo floor & found some neat stuff of course. Cropped at a hotel across the street from the expo & then got home yesterday evening, exhausted.

Back to work today, so tired!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1011 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 6:26:54 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sharon... Happy Belated Birthday sounds like you had a great weekend enjoy your new goodies

Joy.. what did I miss about Kate??? I didn't see in the posts anything was wrong.. I hope all is well

Shelly.. I hope the Sale of the house goes thru without any hang ups, fun picking out colors for your new home enjoy

Sandra... hope your day went well and you got your delivery of the range hood

I also downloaded Inkscape but finding it confusing!!! Is this where you can load images and change look
right now my head isn't where it should be

Chilly day here today can't believe how fast the temps dropped last night it was so cold. I had the air con on Sat yesterday it felt like we needed the heat on. Still hoping for some warmer weather.

I am hoping my new machine Embossing machine comes early tomorrow because it is Patty's Birthday and I am treating her and her husband to a date night she wants all you can eat sushi restaurant and a movie she hasn't been to a movie since Abby was born and she misses it. So that is the plan eary evening.

Then me and DH will take them out to dinner on her birthday Wed. she will be 39. Still struggling looking for a job every day applying going to job seminars.

Well have a good day all
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1012 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 6:28:36 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Shelly, will you have any opportunity to use your toys at your other DD's house?

I had a salad at Costco!!! LOL We went to our Cousin Reunion. It was nice. We didn't stay a long time, though. They are Merle's cousins. I don't know them very well, but I am pretty social, so all is good! I probably talked to them more then he did.

Lucky you I was wondering what you could eat at Costco our's only sells Hot Dogs, Sausage and pizza!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1013 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 6:49:30 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sharon.. do you have many customers ordering "Artfully Sent"??

I had to ask 2 of my friends to hold off until October to order since I made my quoter for this quarter so happy they agreedBigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1014 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 8:52:25 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, Kate had been having pressure in her head. She had a dr's appointment scheduled for last Friday, but on Wednesday, she was feeling awful. She went to an urgent care that sent her to an ER as they were afraid she might have a leaking aneurysm. She had a CT scan, which showed all clear, thankfully. The gave her an Rx for a migraine med, but it does not seem to be helping. She has a dr's appointment today. I hope she can get some help.

Off to start hepatitis immunizations today. I plan on having grandbabies in the next few years BigGrin so want to stay healthy with all of the traveling that we do.

Artfully Sent, so far, hasn't grabbed my attention, but I still want Art Philosophy. It is in my Christmas list. But unfortunately, my list is kind of long.

Do any of you remember that my friend gave me a vintage sewing machine about a year ago? My dad had some old Singer sewing machine bases, all metal. He gave me one, DH painted it, and will get a nice piece of oak from my dad to put on the top and I will set my machine on top of it!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1015 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 4:32:36 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Gee Joy... I hope Kate is ok.. Sometimes the weather can give you bad migranes.. I wish her luck

I feel like getting rid of all my older cricut cartridges all I use are the CTMH cartridges.

The girls that are interested in Artfully Sent only dabbed a little in card making so they feel this might help them. They are scrappers.

Abigail came for a little while today while mommy went to Job Fairs .

I bought her a ABC puzzle and I had it all apart, She called out each latter and put all the ABC's in the right order. she amazes me and is getting so big.

Hoping everyone has a good evening