Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
TurtleBug Offline
#61 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 1:06:43 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
It is very hot here in Tucson, AZ... projected to hit 103 degrees!! We are anxiously waiting for the Monsoon season to arrive any day now, but so far not a cloud in the skySad Sad. I hope everyone else (where ever you happen to live) is enjoying nice cool weather.Smile

BingoLady
Cute and colorful card, are the Mickey embellies Brads?

britishgirl
You are almost there, I know you can do it, I know you can do it!!!Wink
#4 - Pretty, delicate border, the all black background is very striking. Like the square buttons... don't see square buttons on cards very often.The image is very cute, nice job on the coloring.
Just saw your #2 after NanaDonna's card above. There you go, you are getting it done, girl!!Smile
#2 - Very pretty! Like the black & white theme and all the assorted embossing. The patterned bow adds a big WOW factor to the whole card.

NanaDonna
Revised #4 - The pearls finish the card nicely. I have seen the pearlized paper you used and in person the addition of the pearls highlights the pearlized center panel even more. Very pretty!

Keep those awesome cards coming, Ladies!

SandraCzech Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:11:00 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Hi Everyone:

I actually got some cards done and instead of waiting until I have them all done, I'm posting what I've finished.Sketch #1 - Surfs Up! This is also my ad colors card. The surf boards and the phrase are both Cricut. Cartridges used are Graphically Speaking, Luau and Create a Friend Sketch #2 - I changed the rectangle frame to an oval frame - that's a frame from Elegant Edges. Sketch #3 - No Cricut involved in this one. I moved the ribbon and sentiment down on this one.

Now I just need to get started with the last sketch.

Edited by user Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:15:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraCzech attached the following image(s):
Surfs Up.jpg
Happy Day.jpg
Thinking of you.jpg
SandraCzech Offline
#63 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:24:11 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
[quote=BingoLady;

Kiethann, since you been working so hard, It's nice that you had time to make a
wonderful card. How nice that you got all that stuff to work with.

Thank you. I also have two other colors of that pretty lace. Wish I could find some more like it but in different colors. However, I am afraid it is not made any more as my neighbor is 90+ years old. She does not even remember when she bought the lace, but thinks it was when her children were very young.

[/quote]

I'm not 100% positive, but I think the lace is lace seam binding. If so, it comes in tons of colors. Check the sewing department of your craft store.
JeanP Offline
#64 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:47:02 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandraCzech Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone:

I actually got some cards done and instead of waiting until I have them all done, I'm posting what I've finished.Sketch #1 - Surfs Up! This is also my ad colors card. The surf boards and the phrase are both Cricut. Cartridges used are Graphically Speaking, Luau and Create a Friend Sketch #2 - I changed the rectangle frame to an oval frame - that's a frame from Elegant Edges. Sketch #3 - No Cricut involved in this one. I moved the ribbon and sentiment down on this one.

Now I just need to get started with the last sketch.

LOVELY cards!!!!! I like how you used the surfboards in sketch 1!!!!

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
SandraCzech on 6/26/2014(UTC)
SandraCzech Offline
#65 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:56:50 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

NannaDonna Sketch #4 - Very pretty and colorful card. How do you get such perfect bows tied? And don't you just love the new Explore? Mine is now a month old and I'm loving it. Scetch #3 - Love the card - it's so happy and colorful. Sketch #1 - I love this card. Nice paper - colors - cute buoy - everything is just perfect. Sketch #2 - This one is now my favorite. The colors, the embossing, the bow - everything is perfect!! (Cute new grandbaby, too)

BingoLady
- Sketch #1 - What a cute card - great colors on this. Extra credit - How Clever you are - a bingo card. Very cute.

Deescraps Sketch #2 is so pretty. At first glance I thought it was leaves - then I looked again and saw fish. Great colors on this one.

Turtlebug Sketch 3/Ad colors - you did a great job on this card - very pretty card. I agree - the ad colors were a challenge this time.

JeanP Sketch #3 - this is a very pretty card - nice colors. Your sentiment really fits your picture. Sketch #4 - Another pretty card. I love your blue flowers on this card. I'm going to have to try your technique.

Britishgirl
Sketch #1 - very nice - I really like the colors and paper you used. Sketch #2 - So elegant looking - very pretty! Sketch #4 - Cute card - nice lace border and adorable mouse.

I think I'm caught up with comments. If I've missed anyone, I apologize - it wasn't intentional
 1 user thanked SandraCzech for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 6/28/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#66 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 1:35:33 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)
Turtlebug, The little brads are Mickey brads.

Sandra, so nice to have you back with your wonderful cards. I like the little
surfboards you cut. And the little girl image it is so cute.

Have a nice weekend.

Now I have to go make myself pretty.LOL LOL Tonight we have dinner and it
is our poker night.Cool
 2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
SandraCzech on 6/27/2014(UTC), TurtleBug on 6/28/2014(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#67 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 6:18:52 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1612 time(s) in 1485 post(s)
I am really slow getting this posted. You are all so quick getting your cards completed. Before I post my cards I'm going to give my comments. Hope I haven't left anyone out. So here goes.

TurtleBug: First, great sketches for this challenge. Thank you for posting and getting your cards done. #1 Very nice job! Love the papers. #2 Love the "Mom" with all of the pearls. Everything is so pretty. #3 Really like the bright colors and very cute sticker. The mix of paper hearts and puffy hearts add special touch. #4 Love the pink and green together. The embossed leaves are such a pretty touch to add. Like the lace you used too.

BingoLady: #1 Love the mix of embossing and patterned papers. Great colors too. #2 Cute sticker and love all the dot patterns. Even the ribbon has dots! Great job. The extra credit is awesome. Very well done!

NanaDonna: #1 Great job! Nautical theme is awesome. Love everything on this card. #2 Love the papers and colors. Great embossing patters too. The cut out of flower really accents. #3 Such a cute card with lots of color! Love the embossing. Like the glittery effects. Great job on using the ad colors! #4 Very pretty colors. Love the lace in yellow. The embossing is perfect. Very pretty.

Jean P: #1 Love, love the purple. Also really like the patterned paper. #2 Beautifully done! Love all the flowers. The heart embellishments adda great touch. This is a WOW card!
#3 Great technique for flowers. Turned out really nice! #4 Love the ad colors on this. Another very nice card. Great background paper too.

Keithann: #3 Like the paper patterns and butterflies. The embellishments in lower right add a great effect. #4 Like the stripes on the paper - Great job.

DeeScraps: #2 Great card! Like the colors and the bow with beta is nice touch.

Britishgirl: #1 Love the purple paper and pink bow. Very pretty. But I'm partial to purple. #2 Cute image and lace is really pretty. Like the square buttons. #3 Very nice on this one. Black and white always classy. Very pretty ribbon. Love the flowers on the ribbon.

SandraCzech: #1 Very colorful. Great images. Love the beach theme. #2 Very Cute! Sweet image and cute ribbon with flowers. Happy Day button great accent. #3 Very pretty colors. Like the turquoise flowers. Nice background paper.
 3 users thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
SandraCzech on 6/27/2014(UTC), TurtleBug on 6/28/2014(UTC), JeanP on 6/28/2014(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 6:28:17 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Got these done yesterday. I actually made 2 cards of sketch #1. Loved how this came together. I didn't put any sentiments but will add later. Hoping to get the rest done tomorrow. No Cricut on either one, but did use my Cuttlebug on #2.

ValerieSchomburg attached the following image(s):
DSC01007.JPG
DSC01006.JPG
sunnieday Offline
#69 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:03:27 AM(UTC)
sunnieday

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 224 post(s)
Well I got the cards done. I did the ad challenge in these but not the extra credit. If I have time, I will make another.

Unfortunately I again forgot to write the cartridges down that I used. I have to start remembering.
I used a little bit of CTMH liquid glass on each card.

BigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:06:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sunnieday attached the following image(s):
IMG_2228[1].jpg
IMG_2229[1].jpg
IMG_2230[1].jpg
IMG_2231[1].jpg
BingoLady Offline
#70 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:56:14 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 3 sketch the heart is a cut from Doodle Charms. And my #4

Edited by user Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:34:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady attached the following image(s):
001.jpg
002.jpg
LisaW. Offline
#71 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 1:01:51 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hi ladies...been missing in action. My vacation (only from one of my jobs) is now over but can't say it was a good one. My computer crashed so spent the week trying to get me up and running again for my Friday shift. Very expensive vacation, lol.

Got my shift in this morning so spending the rest of the day getting my cards done...should be studying for my test but don't feel like it.

Sketch #1...no cricut or cuttlebug.

Paper: Pebbles (Americana)
LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0801.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 2:42:07 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies, Happy week-end!Smile
Have to say my favorite sketch this challenge is Sketch #1. Everyone that has done this sketch already has made it into some very creative and pretty cards. All of you have picked some beautiful papers and/or have tweaked it in some way. Hope each of you enjoyed interpreting this sketch as much as I did.

SandraCzech
#1 and Ad Colors - This card is an example of exactly what I am talking about in the paragraph above...it is awesome in every way!! The way you managed to work the AC in and the surfboards in place of the panels is so creative, I LOVE it! The swimsuit patteren paper is perfect and the colorful surfboards are great. Love, love this card!!
#2 - So, so cute! As usual, perfect coloring job, the girl image is "ooo-la-la" sporting those cool sunglasses. Like the frame, have never seen this one before.
#3 - Love this color with touches of black, looks very elegant. Love the way the stamped image matches the floral paper, is the flower done with watercolors, like the way they turned out?
Very pretty card.

Valerie
#1 - Another pretty and tweaked #1 sketch interpretation..Love the color and paper combos. The mix of floral, polka dots and checked patterns look great together. I like that this card can be used with a variety of sentiments.
#2 - LOVE this pretty pink ribbon!! Very elegant card, pretty papers and a bit of embossing looks very nice. Like that you used off-white/beige matting cardstock instead of plain white, it really brings out the background color of the floral paper.

sunnieday
#1 - Another very nice #1 sketch! Very creative, the scroll design is nice and the stamped images are cute. The double-sided ribbon matches the red panels perfectly.
#2 - Like the bow, is it a Cricut cut? The center frame is so colorful, it reminds me of stained glass...did you color in ALL the intricate design???! Very nice card.
#3 - Nice! Like the sentiment font, is it handwritten? The glazed oval looks like a Cameo, gives the card an old-fashion look. Like the assortment of pinks you used, too.
#4 - Yummy cupcake, nice bright colors, like the inked edges and blue gingham background. Cute card.
The small touches of CTMH glaze on each card was an extra nice touch, too!

BingoLady
#3 - Very nice, sharp, black & white card, like all the flowers and layers. WHAT!!!?... NO embossing, are you feeling alright??Razz RazzLOL
#4 - LOVE this paper, reminds me of marble and the colors are so pretty. Nice choice of ribbon...pretty card!

LisaW.
#1 - Very nice! Like the pattern paper choices and the simple flower stamp at each corner of the white panels. The simple one word sentiment says it all.

Edited by user Saturday, June 28, 2014 3:10:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
SandraCzech on 6/28/2014(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#73 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 3:19:47 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
My sketch #2...keeping with the red/white/blue

I cuttlebug'd the blue behind the check print...just don't know the name of it. Cut the flowers from the paper.

Edited by user Saturday, June 28, 2014 3:20:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0802.JPG
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#74 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:23:05 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Sketch #3 and #4 done! Yeah! I didn't do #3 exactly as pictured. Ended up leaving out the rectangular piece. I have a hard time fitting some of these to A2 size and trying to get the pieces to go together and look right. So I decided to make a change on it. Also used Ribbons & Rosettes for back piece of medallion and the flower border. #4 I used my Cuttlebug (which doesn't show up well in pic) and Ribbons & Rosettes for ovals, and MS Elegant Cakes for butterfly.

Edited by user Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:30:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ValerieSchomburg attached the following image(s):
DSC01008.JPG
DSC01009.JPG
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#75 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:39:17 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

BingoLady: #3 Always like black and white together. Love the flowers. They look like they are embroidered. Like the layered heart too. #4 Love the marbled look on the papers and the colors. The sparkly ribbon is a great accent. Great job!

Lisa W.: #1 Like the red, white & blue. The paper patterns go so well together. #2 Again, like the red, white & blue theme. The check print with the flowered print goes well together. Love the big blue bow too.

Sunnieday: #1 Great twist on this card. Love the scroll design and the ribbon! #2 Very colorful! I have to agree with TurtleBug I thought the center piece looked like stained glass. #3 Like the heart wreath and the shiny medallion. Great job! #4 Love the cupcake and scalloped circles. The gingham background paper looks awesome. Great card!

Edited by user Saturday, June 28, 2014 4:57:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraCzech Offline
#76 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:12:11 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ladies, Happy week-end!Smile
Have to say my favorite sketch this challenge is Sketch #1. Everyone that has done this sketch already has made it into some very creative and pretty cards. All of you have picked some beautiful papers and/or have tweaked it in some way. Hope each of you enjoyed interpreting this sketch as much as I did.

SandraCzech
#1 and Ad Colors - This card is an example of exactly what I am talking about in the paragraph above...it is awesome in every way!! The way you managed to work the AC in and the surfboards in place of the panels is so creative, I LOVE it! The swimsuit patteren paper is perfect and the colorful surfboards are great. Love, love this card!!
#2 - So, so cute! As usual, perfect coloring job, the girl image is "ooo-la-la" sporting those cool sunglasses. Like the frame, have never seen this one before.
#3 - Love this color with touches of black, looks very elegant. Love the way the stamped image matches the floral paper, is the flower done with watercolors, like the way they turned out?
Very pretty card.

Valerie
#1 - Another pretty and tweaked #1 sketch interpretation..Love the color and paper combos. The mix of floral, polka dots and checked patterns look great together. I like that this card can be used with a variety of sentiments.
#2 - LOVE this pretty pink ribbon!! Very elegant card, pretty papers and a bit of embossing looks very nice. Like that you used off-white/beige matting cardstock instead of plain white, it really brings out the background color of the floral paper.

sunnieday
#1 - Another very nice #1 sketch! Very creative, the scroll design is nice and the stamped images are cute. The double-sided ribbon matches the red panels perfectly.
#2 - Like the bow, is it a Cricut cut? The center frame is so colorful, it reminds me of stained glass...did you color in ALL the intricate design???! Very nice card.
#3 - Nice! Like the sentiment font, is it handwritten? The glazed oval looks like a Cameo, gives the card an old-fashion look. Like the assortment of pinks you used, too.
#4 - Yummy cupcake, nice bright colors, like the inked edges and blue gingham background. Cute card.
The small touches of CTMH glaze on each card was an extra nice touch, too!

BingoLady
#3 - Very nice, sharp, black & white card, like all the flowers and layers. WHAT!!!?... NO embossing, are you feeling alright??Razz RazzLOL
#4 - LOVE this paper, reminds me of marble and the colors are so pretty. Nice choice of ribbon...pretty card!

LisaW.
#1 - Very nice! Like the pattern paper choices and the simple flower stamp at each corner of the white panels. The simple one word sentiment says it all.

Hi Turtlebug:
Thanks for the kind words! The girl in #2 is from a set called "Janie's Girls" and I bought it from Paper Wishes. The flower in #3 is colored with Copics.

Sandy
 1 user thanked SandraCzech for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 6/30/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#77 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 8:16:43 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
WAVES to all. Had to purchase a new computer. My other one had way to many issues to fix. Decided more economical to invest in a new one. Now have to learn my way around Windows 8.
TurtleBug Offline
#78 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 9:58:33 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LisaW
#2 - Like the mix of floral and gingham papers. Is the ribbon cut from vellum? Like the fuzzy cut flowers, nice idea to use them that way. Nice card!

Valerie
#3 - Very pretty and girly, I have that floral paper and like using it on girly cards. The white border is pretty, like the bling centers on the flowers and the prettty ribbon.
#4 - Pretty butterfly, it seems to reflect all the colors in the BG paper! Like the ric-rak with the lace border. Very nice.

Kiethann
New computer...NICE!! I'm sure you will get acclimated to it in no time, enjoy it!

WE NEED A HOST FOR THIS WEDNESDAY'S 2-WEEK CHALLENGE

It is not hard at all to Host....all you need is to post four sketches (always give credit to person that created the sketch) and an Extra Credit, if you like. Post the new challenge on Wednesday morning (or Tuesday night)to the Cricut Forum under CARDS, then post your sketches, and(if you have them ready) your samples. Maybe, one of you newbies that have not Hosted would like to give it a try??ThumpUp

Edited by user Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:03:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#79 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 5:48:54 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

LisaW
#2 - Like the mix of floral and gingham papers. Is the ribbon cut from vellum? Like the fuzzy cut flowers, nice idea to use them that way. Nice card!

Valerie
#3 - Very pretty and girly, I have that floral paper and like using it on girly cards. The white border is pretty, like the bling centers on the flowers and the prettty ribbon.
#4 - Pretty butterfly, it seems to reflect all the colors in the BG paper! Like the ric-rak with the lace border. Very nice.

Kiethann
New computer...NICE!! I'm sure you will get acclimated to it in no time, enjoy it!

WE NEED A HOST FOR THIS WEDNESDAY'S 2-WEEK CHALLENGE

It is not hard at all to Host....all you need is to post four sketches (always give credit to person that created the sketch) and an Extra Credit, if you like. Post the new challenge on Wednesday morning (or Tuesday night)to the Cricut Forum under CARDS, then post your sketches, and(if you have them ready) your samples. Maybe, one of you newbies that have not Hosted would like to give it a try??ThumpUp

I could host this time if you'd likeBigGrin I'll have to think up a challenge though.
I will be back later to comment on the rest of the cards.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#80 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 8:11:55 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Thanks Jean for offering to host. How exciting can't wait to see what you
have for us. It is nice to have someone new host, it is real easy ad Turtlebug said

Hope to get back later to finish up my comments
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
JeanP on 6/30/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#81 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 1:38:28 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Wonderful cards ladies.
Jean how nice of you to host, can't wait to see your sketches.
Thanks for hosting
TurtleBug Offline
#82 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 3:19:46 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Jean,
Thank you so much for volunteering to Host on Wednesday. Looking forward to your sketches and samples.

NanaDonna,
Love your new avatar, so sweet!
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 6/30/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#83 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 4:27:06 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Since our hostessed like sketch #1 so much and I am lovin the red,white & black combo I went ahead and made another sketch #1BigGrin
There is no Cricut on it, papers are Sassy Design digital paper that I printed.
The only thing is the paper on top of the panels is vellum and it is so hard to glue them
down without the glue showing.
TFL

Sandra - You asked about my bows, the one on this card and on my sketch #4 I tied using the tie a bow with a fork method, but I didn't use a fork my hubby made me a little board that has 4 pegs in it so I don't have to sue a fork.
The black bow on sketch #2 I tied using my homemade bow easy. I can't tie a bow on my own very well so I have to use these tools and cheat LOL.

Thanks for hosting this time Turtlebug.
JeanP Offline
#84 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 5:26:04 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Hi Jean,
Thank you so much for volunteering to Host on Wednesday. Looking forward to your sketches and samples.

I am going to try and get at least one card done before Wednesday!!!! Might be the extra credit oneBigGrin

I don't have to worry about ad colors do I? Not sure how to do that so I hope Dee does it again.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 6:49:10 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I am going to try and get at least one card done before Wednesday!!!! Might be the extra credit oneBigGrin

I don't have to worry about ad colors do I? Not sure how to do that so I hope Dee does it again.

Yes Jean Dee will take care of posting the ad colors, so id you don't have your samples ready yet you cam make one using the ad color. But remember the ad colors are optional and just for isnpiration.

Kiethann Offline
#86 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 10:56:18 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
Jean thanks for hosting the next two weeks. I am hoping to be more active in posting cards....that is a soon as I et my printer installed onto this new computer. Everyone has outdone themselves on creating lovely cards from this periods sketches.
TurtleBug Offline
#87 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 5:38:52 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=*NanaDonna*;1863492]Since our hostessed like sketch #1 so much and I am lovin the red,white & black combo I went ahead and made another sketch #1BigGrin
There is no Cricut on it, papers are Sassy Design digital paper that I printed.
The only thing is the paper on top of the panels is vellum and it is so hard to glue them
down without the glue showing.

TFL

[size=6]NanaDonna
Second #1 - Very pretty red and black combo card. Like your sheer double bow, it matches the vellum. I also use a fork for making my small bows, but I use the serving fork and not a regular dinner fork. My DH cut a metal slotted turner at the top and I use it to make my large bows. Happy you enjoyed this sketch as much as I did and made two of them. Love the vellum, did you add the tiny flowers to it? Does anyone have any suggestions as to which adhesive is the best to use on vellum...I run into the same problem when trying to add velluum to a card.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 01, 2014 5:45:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#88 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 8:05:25 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Thanks Josie, I usually have an adhesive that I like for vellum but since it was the entire piece instead of just an edge or corner this was a bit harder.
The tiny flowers is a pattern on the vellum.
TurtleBug Offline
#89 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 12:07:36 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
Had fun Hosting this last challenge, and would like to thank you for participating and posting all your awesome creations. Good to see this challenge growing with newbies and the continiued dedication of the oldies for the past years.

Dee,
Thank you for being a loyal provider of our Ad Colors for the sketch challenges.

Going to check out now and see what Jean has in store for us for the next challenge!Smile
CricketCMV Offline
#90 Posted : Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:01:40 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
OMG.....I have not been here for quite a long time. It seemed I was taking waaaaaay too much time on this thread, especially, by the time I read all the comments (which are every bit as much fun as seeing your beautiful creations! So, I have enjoyed getting away from the computer more (lots to do outside in summer, anyway). It seems by the time I check emails, FB (friends only) and a couple of the forums on here, I am ready to get off the computer these days.

TODAY, though, I'm so happy I came to this thread.

YOU HAVE ALL OUTDONE yourselves and you ALL ROCKED the challenge with your beautiful, beautiful cards.

NanaDonna....congratulations on the little (but, long) one! So, so cute. I didn't take time to read (sorry) but I think it was your grandchild? He's a cutie.

Char