Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

27 Pages«<252627
Shelly Offline
#781 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 10:27:49 AM(UTC)
Shelly

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Hi everyone.

Just read through the posts. You guys have been busy.

Came home early Saturday morning from camping to help my DD get ready for a 1st birthday party for her son. DH and Natalie stayed a little longer. Got home and started putting some stuff away and get a phone call, asking if I had the trailer keys. Yup, I had them, so had to drive back up there and back. Almost two hours out of my day that I didn't need to loose. Then get a call from the realtor that someone is coming through between 1 and 2 p.m. which worked out. We got the food in the crockpots and tidied up. Then get a call that someone else is coming between 2 and 3. It would have been ok, but they didn't show. Waited till 3:30 and told our realtor who said she would talk to them. Never heard anything. I hadn't taken a shower yet and we had lots of prep work to do to get stuff ready for the party and take to the park. Needless to say it was frantic and we were a little late.

Need to clear out my craft room and my sewing room, so that they look more like bedrooms. So I guess I will be done with crafting and sewing until we get moved into our new house. Makes me sad. Don't know what I am going to do. I guess I will get a lot of reading done.

Better go and get some things done. DH is going to Boy Scout camp starting tomorrow for the rest of the week and he gave me a list of things he needs me to do. Also have someone coming through the house later so need to wipe up tiny fingerprints from grandkids being here yesterday. Also have lots of laundry to do.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#782 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 3:54:23 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1281 time(s) in 996 post(s)
Shelly.. glad you got a chance to get away and relax.

You sure have lots to do. Hopefully the house will sell quicklyBigGrin

I hope you enjoyed your grandsons Birthday party

Your new home does that need to be built or is it already completed??

Busy day Ms. Abigail didn't nap but played all day by herself which was nice gave me a chance to do some things around the house.

Hoping everyone has a good evening/day
SandraB. Offline
#783 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 8:42:08 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 230 post(s)
Wow! is it hot here and it's supposed to get hotter as the week goes on, into the 30C.

Shelly: glad you got back from your camping ok. Hope the birthday party went well and that your house sells quickly. Maybe you'll be able to get back to some crafting then

Nancy: sounds like you did a great job babysitting/raising Hannah & Alex. Nice that you did albums for them.

Have to take mom for therapy tomorrow & Thurs. Troy is off to camp Wed., so he'll be coming home with us after bocce tomorrow evening and I'll take him out Wed. morning. His camp is about 45 min. away. I'm adding pics of great neice's birthday card and her sandpail decorated with vinyl. The pop-up card was made with the Explore too, so much easier than cutting it all by hand. The balloons and the #3 are cut from glitter foam with the Sizzix.

SandraB. attached the following image(s):
Harper's card & pail.jpg
Harper's pail & card.jpg
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
NJsharon on 7/30/2014(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#784 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:06:06 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
Hi all. Got home from camping late last night. Brought in my purse and computer tooka bath, and crashed. We did all of our unloading this morning. We had planned on coming home this morning but DH decided he would rather leave last night and be able to unload before it got too hot. Although he is at my parents now unloading their RV. Brandon's nephew went to help.

My parents plan on selling their 5th wheel and truck they pull it with. It has always been too big for them. BUT, he wants to buy a smaller one to pull with their smaller pickup. HOWEVER, I really don't think that they will be able to camp by next summer. They have declined a lot this past year, and I am sure another year will bring more decline. I hope it takes his current one a LONG time to sell. But knowing my dad, he will get in a big toot and get something else that really would not fit their needs even if they do go camping again, and he will pay too much. He is not realistic at all.

And my sad news. Nick went to doggie heaven, if there is a doggie heaven, yesterday. It was a really hard decision, but the time was right. I was not there (I couldn't handle it) but Merle was. He said Nick wagged until the very end. He had half a bag of marshmallows! I am tearing up even as I type this. He was such a good dog, and a special member of our family. We will miss him deeply.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#785 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:43:46 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Shelly... that had to be aggravating going back and forth to bring the keys back.

Sandra.. the pail came out cute and love your card so cute.

Oh Joy... I am so sorry to hear about Nick and I am sure there is a doggie heaven.Sending ~~HUGS~~
your way. I'm tearing up myself.

Busy day took Abigail out did some shopping Hannah came along then they played this afternoon.

I think Abby is growing out of her naps but one good thing she plays by herself I can see she is tired but she won't go down in the crib. She is quiet and plays so I really can't compalin.

Awhile back with my Imagine machine I cut Abigail's name with the cart "Blast Off" and today she pulls the letters out of her purse and says "L I said yes that is a L, then I I said your right she told me all the letters.

Well hoping everyone has a good evening/day

lv2scrap02 Offline
#786 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:48:26 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I had a nice little surprise when I got my Anna Griffin cartridge from HSN for 24.99
it had a 10.00 gift certificate for Design Space. That was a nice little perk

Also got my Convection Bread Machine. didn't realize how big it was DH said just make room on the counter which was perfect only had a small toaster that we hardly use and the bread machine fit perfectly. Plenty of room. I couldn't imagine bringing it up and down from the basement. That is what DH got me for my BirthdayBigGrin

I ordered all the King Arthur Bread mixes and flour and there was a delay with Fed X.

so hoping to get it tomorrow and I can start baking my Gluten Free bread. Now I can't even tolerate dairy..Angry

tashcoaks Offline
#787 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:21:22 PM(UTC)
tashcoaks

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this forum and to the whole cricut thing! So bare with me please!BigGrin My name is Tasha, I am a Bahamian - born and raised in The Bahamas! (Although, we did live in Florida for 4 years while DH went to school) Anyways, we are back home. I am a 5th grade teacher here and CANT WAIT to use my E2 to create bulletin boards. I have 1 son (6 years) and he keeps me on my toes!!!!! That's it....cant think of anything else, but I look forward to meeting everyone here!!! Oh and any advice on some good chats for me as a newbie??Wub
joyfullycrafting Offline
#788 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:07:06 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi Tasha. I am Joy. I don't know about specific chats, but just keep looking around the messageboards for great ideas! There are lots of very creative people here.

In the cards area and scrapbook area and general crafts thread, there are some GREAT ideas. I don't think of things to good on my own, but I am good at scraplifting!
Shelly Offline
#789 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:50:00 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Joy - So sorry about Nick! It is hard to lose a pet! I know you will miss him. Hoping it gets easier. Maybe if your dad's trailer doesn't sell till late in the fall, you can talk him out of getting another one until spring and he will realize how much they will or won't use it. Hopefully, you could go with him to look at new ones to help him not get more than he needs or pay more than he should. Why do our parents have to be so stubborn?

Nancy - Hope you get your bread mixes soon. That will be nice for you to make your own. My DD keeps saying she is going to do it, but she hasn't. That GF bread is so expensive! I hope the mixes help keep the price down. Sorry you are having trouble with dairy now too! My DD has just found out she has IBS with her celiac. You asked if we are building or if our house is already done. We will build, but are waiting to start until we sell hopefully. We have 60 days from when we signed to start, or the price will go up. So we are approved to go ahead at that time with a lender and I guess we will, but I sure hope it sells before then.

Tasha - Welcome to the group. I am with Joy, I don't know what specific chats you could look at. But look in the scrapbook areas and the cards sections and you will get lots of inspiration. I also don't come up with things on my own, but I can scraplift with the best of them, lol! There are lots of things on YouTube also that might help you.

We have had good traffic on our house this week. I know it hasn't been long, but I just wish it would sell so we can get moving. Not looking forward to moving twice, but I would feel better if I didn't have to worry about having two houses. I also don't want to have to drop the price just to get out of it. I don't mind if we don't get our asking price, but I don't want to get too little out of it.

Also, the sooner we can start building, the sooner it will be done so I can get back to crafting and sewing. Packing all that up is tough. I'm having a hard time with it, but I guess it must be done.

NJsharon Offline
#790 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:46:02 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 404 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Joy, I am so sorry about Nick. It is so hard when you have to say goodbye to a pet, that truly is a family member. I still miss my cats 'Blue' and 'Gizmo'. And I can't imagine when the time comes for Frodo. We love him so very much! {{{hugs}}}

Tasha, welcome to the chat post! Everyone on this thread is super nice & friendly. I love the Bahamas, so beautiful there. You are lucky to wake up to that every day! I have visited on cruises many times & always admire the natural beauty & the friendly people there.

I am Sharon & from England originally, but now living in NJ. Been over in the States for 21 years now. I have twin (fraternal) girls that just turned 9yrs old. I have a Cricut Expression at home & also the 'other' machine we can't talk about on this board! I am a big scrapbooker, do some cardmaking & tons of vinyl shirts! Even ventured into doing rhinestones on shirts too, it is so much fun!

Right now I am vacationing with my girls, a girlfriend of mine & her 2 kids (no husbands!!) in Western VA (not West VA, just VA, but west in the state). We are staying at a timeshare resort & it is amazing! So beautiful here with tons of trees, wildlife & things to do.

I made a basket, as did the girls. Then yesterday I did glass etching & made a Welcome sign to put in our house. Today we are going to 'candy bag bingo', then one of the outdoor pools, then later going to a meet & greet with some local wildlife (feathered, scaly & furry friends it saysw!).

Having a blast & will be sad to head home on Friday!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#791 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:27:30 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Welcome Tasha to our little cricut chat group. We have talented people on the cricut MB.
OMG!! to wake up every morning in the Bahamas. I have done many cruises and have never taken one to the Bahamas. I know it is beautiful. Lucky girlBigGrin

Last night our temps went to to 60's degrees this is July!!!

Sharon.. nice you are having a wonderful time with your girls and friends.

Shelly.. How is the packing coming along?? Even though you will be packing all your crafts and sewing I am sure you will find other things to do plus you will be busy packing.
Waiting for my Gluten Free Bread mixes, flours to come there was a delay so now I have this bread machine sitting here. I'm a little nervous about it I hope I don't ruin anything!! Truthfully the prices of the mixes are maybe $1.00 less but I don't know if you use a whole box or you get more than 1 loaf out of it.

The other day I took out a GF slice of bread I had in the freezer haven't had it since I blew up like a balloon thought I would try a slice to make sure that is what I had that blew me up and sure enough too many preservatives too much hidden sodium. Printed lots of recipes from King Arthur's Flour site and just found a store that sells it out East. So in the future I know where I can buy it and save on s/h. I have to say this isn't fun. I tried coconut milk it was taste less and I just bought Silk Almond Milk which was good.

Joy.. your Dad is too funny. I know losing a pet is hard I feel so bad.

Sandra...what cart did you use for the Pop Up card or was it a SVG file!!!

Today is my day off I am headed to Kohl's maybe I can get some capri's LOL

Have a great day
lv2scrap02 Offline
#792 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:36:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

trying to make the photos larger Lizzie's Country Store DH will donate to the Riverhead Rail Road Museum

These photos are much larger

Edited by user Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:44:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Country Store 001.jpg
Country Store 002.jpg
joyfullycrafting Offline
#793 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:18:04 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, that building is SO cute! Good luck with your GF bread. Hope your mixes come soon.

Sharon, I LOVE basket making! Sounds silly, I know, but I find it relaxing. I did it one year a 4th and 5th grade girls camp (church). 150 girls trying to make a basket. Some did really good, and others, oh boy.

Shelly, I can't go too long without some sort of crafting. That is why I like small yarn projects. I can carry them with me. I think I will either get yarn to make the girls fingerless mittens with a fliptop or yarn for socks on this long cruise. I have sock yarn, I would have to buy mitten yarn. Just one skein a pair, so not much.

I am hoping to get a bday box card made today - a castle. My BFF's birthday is in a few days, it would be for her.

Still missing Nick. I know it will get better as time goes by. Although Nick and Camry did not interact all that much, I can tell she is missing him, too. She hasn't eaten much since we have been home, and most of the time she inhales her food.
Shelly Offline
#794 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:58:01 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sharon - Sounds like you guys are having a great vacation! Show us a picture of your basket.

Nancy - Love the little building, so detailed. That will be a great donation to the museum. Nice of your DH to do that.

Joy - Those sound like good projects to take on your cruise. I like to take crocheting with me if I can find small projects. I love to take my kindle with me and read though too. I guess when I pack up most of my sewing and crafting stuff, I will hopefully keep out my crocheting. Will have to see.

We are having a baby shower for my new grandson on Saturday. It is mostly so that my husband's sisters will come down to our part of the state and get to see the baby. Since his parents died we don't see much of them. They are very close and do stuff together all the time. They live about 45 minutes away, except for one sister, who lives about 5 minutes away. This is the only way we get to see them. One of his brothers lives north by the majority of the family and his other brother lives south of us.

I am probably in trouble with the family. One of DH's nephew's is getting married and when I was cleaning up the kitchen I must have thrown away the invite. It was on the fridge, so I wouldn't misplace it. I took everything off (that and a picture Ben made me) and must have thrown them away when I was cleaning the fridge. Hopefully, I can find out the details and won't be on the blacklist!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#795 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:45:23 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well today came all my flour and I decided to make some bread I have to say 2 hours later a perfect loaf of Gluten Free Bread crunchy on the outside moist on the inside. I was worried because I didn't use whole milk I used Skim Plus so I was nervous than I added 1 cup of raisens .

So tomorrow I will bake more bread and freeze.

Far cry from the junk in the supermarkets they are all like rubber and dry.

Lizzie's Country Store is pretty big heavy I can't even pick it up. he did do a good job.
Also made a Firehouse a replica of the Riverhead firehouse so they should be really impressed.

Have a good night all