Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sumaiya Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:55:57 AM(UTC)
Sumaiya

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dear Cricut People,

I just received my cricut explore today and I followed the steps for setup which all went well only till I tried to make my first project which is the Thank You Card. I followed the instructions I then pressed the double arrow button to load my mat it took the mat in and it then asked me to choose the type of paper which i did (Cardstock) It then asked me to insert the pen that came with the machine. I did that and it then asked me to press GO the (c) button which I did and it ejected the mat back out. I have now officially tried the same method for the past 3 hours but the Go button just keeps ejecting my mat back out :( Im not sure what to do. i watched a Number of videos online and followed everything that Im suppose to do but the C button instead of processing the cut it just ejects the mat back out. Am I doing something wrong? Please Help

Thanks ever so much in advance

Sumaiya
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:43:13 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 932 time(s) in 460 post(s)
how aggravating that must be. You seem to be doing everything correctly. Have you checked to
make sure you don't have any packaging still inside or around the carriage parts.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Sumaiya on 6/28/2014(UTC)
Sumaiya Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:50:35 AM(UTC)
Sumaiya

Hi Dear Thanks so much for your reply. Yeah I checked everything I examined the entire Cricut explore. Nothing seems to be inside or around the area. Not sure what to do now. Was really looking fwd to using this. Worst Part is Im currently living in Kuwait. So I cant even return it or something :( I dont know if its to do with the firmware because when I was registering my account it said firmware needs to be updated so i clicked to update it and now its not ever working
 1 user thanked Sumaiya for this useful post.
DarleneDuncan on 6/28/2014(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:09:03 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 932 time(s) in 460 post(s)
I am not a tech person so really just shooting at anything here. But have you tried to do the firmware update again. Click on your login name and click firmware update and see if anything changes. I know you have to close out of all other internet logins and browers before you do this process. (If I remember correctly). I know i had initial trouble similar and it was because I was not out of all my browser stuff before I did the update.

Hope someone else who is more a tech person chimes in and offers a solution.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Sumaiya Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:40:55 AM(UTC)
Sumaiya

Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
I am not a tech person so really just shooting at anything here. But have you tried to do the firmware update again. Click on your login name and click firmware update and see if anything changes. I know you have to close out of all other internet logins and browers before you do this process. (If I remember correctly). I know i had initial trouble similar and it was because I was not out of all my browser stuff before I did the update.

Hope someone else who is more a tech person chimes in and offers a solution.

I Just did that and Still the same Issue. Do you think maybe just maybe this one that I got is faulty. Its a bit weird it loads the poper but when it ask me to press the Go Button It ejects the paper back out. This just had to be my luck :( Now if i want to sent it back I probably have to pay $150 for postage.
 1 user thanked Sumaiya for this useful post.
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 11:12:42 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19160 time(s) in 8569 post(s)
You have to update the Design Space plugin first and then do the firmware update. Try these steps from Cricut Lisa from another thread:

Here's an easy fix for you. You will want to update the plug in to 046R before you can complete your firmware update. Simply disconnect your USB from the back of your Explore machine and unplug your power source. Close your Cricut Design Space and reopen it. Click on start a new project and you will be prompted to update your plug in. Once that completes plug in your USB and reconnect the power on your Explore. Turn it on and then go to the firmware update in the upper left hand corner (where your name is). Once your machine is recognized it will tell you a firmware update is available. Go ahead and update and you should be good to go. Your Explore will turn off when the update is finished. Thanks for your question,

Cricut Lisa
 2 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Sumaiya on 6/28/2014(UTC), DarleneDuncan on 6/28/2014(UTC)
Sumaiya Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:20:26 PM(UTC)
Sumaiya

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
You have to update the Design Space plugin first and then do the firmware update. Try these steps from Cricut Lisa from another thread:

Here's an easy fix for you. You will want to update the plug in to 046R before you can complete your firmware update. Simply disconnect your USB from the back of your Explore machine and unplug your power source. Close your Cricut Design Space and reopen it. Click on start a new project and you will be prompted to update your plug in. Once that completes plug in your USB and reconnect the power on your Explore. Turn it on and then go to the firmware update in the upper left hand corner (where your name is). Once your machine is recognized it will tell you a firmware update is available. Go ahead and update and you should be good to go. Your Explore will turn off when the update is finished. Thanks for your question,

Cricut Lisa

Hi Dear, Thanks for the suggestion. i followed the instructions I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled I made a new account I checked the firmware update it said up to date even then I pressed update and still the same problem. I then connected it to my macbook and installed plugin etc and same issue it just wont take the board in to cut. it loads and unloads and thats all it does. Honestly have no idea what to do now.
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 3:50:05 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7910 time(s) in 3708 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sumaiya924f9d2a Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dear, Thanks for the suggestion. i followed the instructions I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled I made a new account I checked the firmware update it said up to date even then I pressed update and still the same problem. I then connected it to my macbook and installed plugin etc and same issue it just wont take the board in to cut. it loads and unloads and thats all it does. Honestly have no idea what to do now.

What does the Design Space screen look like when this is happening?

Is there a drop down menu to select how you want to connect? (Via USB or Bluetooth).
Sumaiya Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 8:02:30 AM(UTC)
Sumaiya

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
What does the Design Space screen look like when this is happening?

Is there a drop down menu to select how you want to connect? (Via USB or Bluetooth).

Hi Dear

When it tells me to press the Go button I do that then it ejects the cutting mat back out and then it goes back to step 1 where it says load the cutting mat. It never goes pass step 3 which is click go button and it cuts. Will always just go back to step 1. No error comes up or anything thats why I think maybe i have a faulty machine.
Cricut Jo Ann Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 6:29:41 AM(UTC)
Cricut Jo Ann

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Sumaiya, This is Cricut JoAnn.

This is not the way the Explore machine should be performing. Please give us a call at 1-877-7CRICUT so that we can help with this.