Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Omar Offline
#61 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:11:27 AM(UTC)
Omar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
NanaDonna
#3 - Cute, cute! The image does remind me of your DS, this is exactly as he probably looks when he has "gone fishing"!Laugh Very fun card. What kind of sentiment would you add to it?

JeanP.
#2 and Ad Colors - Yes, this is what this challenge is all about...getting inspired by each other. Nice card, like your "doodling" with a dash-dot-dash-dot pattern on the panels. The simple "thanks" stamp I like very much.
#4 and Ex. Credit - Very nice and colorful. I think we all pretty much love the red, black and white color combo, cards always turn out so pretty with these colors. Like the bird image, nice way of repurposing old Christmas cards...which I have a ton of and need to use when making Christmas cards. Now, you have inspired me, see what I mean? I think the ribbon looks fine and goes with your color theme.

Omar
My goodness what can I say but.... Bravo!!!
#1 - This card is amazing, the damask paper you printed out looks like fabric and the design mix is great in this color combo. Love the camera image and the button is a nice embellishment. This is a perfect male card for any occasion. The simple "Feliz Cumpleanos" ("Happy Birthday") stamp you made for the inside is nice, too.
Now, don't get carried away doing too much daydreaming about making these sketches while working on your patients teeth, you might end up hurting someone!Laugh

Don´t worry, I've been able to keep focused so far, hehehe Flapper
Omar Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:13:09 AM(UTC)
Omar

Originally Posted by: SandraCzech Go to Quoted Post
Cricut is not allowing me to attach my cards!! I can't figure out what the hold up is so I'm going to start from scratch again!

I had the same problem yesterday, guess it was a site glitch. Now seems to be working just fine.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#63 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:29:32 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2618 time(s) in 1376 post(s)
Here is my sketch #1 and extra credit. The photo I took two years ago when we were in Maine and is the Nubble Lighthouse also known as Cape Neddick it is in York Maine. It is also the same lighthouse that was in the picture Turtlebug used for her sketch #3 card.

The papers are from Coastal Collection for Nit Wits.
The lobster I cut using From My Kitchen cartridge. The anchor is a plastic sticker.
TFL
JeanP Offline
#64 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:41:23 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 932 time(s) in 753 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Here is my sketch #1 and extra credit. The photo I took two years ago when we were in Maine and is the Nubble Lighthouse also known as Cape Neddick it is in York Maine. It is also the same lighthouse that was in the picture Turtlebug used for her sketch #3 card.

The papers are from Coastal Collection for Nit Wits.
The lobster I cut using From My Kitchen cartridge. The anchor is a plastic sticker.
TFL

Love the card and the lighthouse. Perfect extra credit and I like the RWB scheme.

Lots of my relatives came from Maine. Boothbay harbor to be exact. I love anything to do with the ocean and live about 6 miles from it. We don't go there very often though because of all the tourists. LOL

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 7/10/2014(UTC)
SandraCzech Offline
#65 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:43:45 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Well, here goes try #3 -

My sketch #1 card has no Cricut but I do have the extra credit photo or digital image - in this case a digital image colored with Adobe Photoshop.

For Sketch #2 I used Fun in the Sun for the yacht, Cake Basics for the Bon Voyage and Pack Your Bags for the anchor.

For sketch #3 I used Celebrate with Flourish for the rose and vase.

For sketch #4, the car and the sign are from Nifty Fifties. I also used the ad colors for extra credit.

Thanks
Sandy
SandraCzech attached the following image(s):
070914 swap0001.jpg
Cricut challenge0002.jpg
Cricut challenge0001.jpg
Cricut challenge0003.jpg
SandraCzech Offline
#66 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:12:48 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

There are some really talented cardmakers in the group. I agree with NannaDonna - playing with this group helps raise your cardmaking skills.

JeanP Great sketches for this challenge - you made me work! #! - Very pretty birthday card - nice job coordinating paper, flower and ribbon #4 - Very nice vintage looking card . I like your buckle? I never think to use them. #2 - Very pretty #3 - Outanding card - love your color selection. Your bird looks like he's going to fly off. #4 - pretty - your doodling makes the card stand out.

DeeScraps You selected some challenging ad colors this time - but I love a challenge! Thanks.

BingoLadyCute card - love the hearts and congrats for using scraps. Ad colors - cute paper. The embossed present is so cute. Extra credit - Love it! You can't go wrong with Micky and Minnie.

Turtlebug #3 & extra credit - Love this card. Browns and blues are a great color combo. #1 - what a cute card. Your owl with the googly eyes is so cute. #4 - and ad colors - Great card - nice subtle ad colors - very pretty. #2 - Great use of bold colors. This is a great masculine card - almost all purpose!

NannaDonna #2 - Love your paper. I've never used the spray ink. I'm going to have to make a trip to Michaels. I love to see new techniques. Also very nice corners. #4 - Love this card. Everything goes together so well. #3 - Cute! Your "fisherbear" makes the card! Is he part of a series? #1 - Great card - love the color combination, the picture and the lobster!

ValerieSchomburg #1 - Very pretty and patriotic looking - nice use of red, white and blue. #2 - pretty birthday card. The embossed butterflies are so cute. #3 - Good job in coordinating all elements - cardstock, paper and ribbon. Nice embossed background. #4 - My favorite of your cards - I like the colors - so calm and peaceful.

Sunniday #1 - Very pretty - nice colors and embossing. #2 - pretty card - your stitching around the edges frames everything so well. #3 - Cute! Love the monkey and the saying. #4 - Nice manly colors and stamp Cute fishing pole and fish.

Omar - First, I have to thank you for the great Snoopy and Woodstock! I'm a big Snoopy fan. #4 - Very cute card with a new, fresh idea to try. I love your butterflies. #1 - Beautiful card - everything is just perfect. Nice touch with the ribbon and button.
 3 users thanked SandraCzech for this useful post.
JeanP on 7/11/2014(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 7/11/2014(UTC), TurtleBug on 7/15/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#67 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:58:07 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 657 post(s)
Omar, how nice of you to join this group with your wonderful cards. I sure hope
to see some more.

Turtlebug, nice card, I like the background paper you used. It will be a nice
male card.

Donna, Your cards came out so nice, The one with the fisherman came out so cute.
David will love it. The one with the lighthouse looks so peaceful, I would like
to spend some days in a place like that.

Jean, nice cards, like the paper you used and the image of the little bird came
out so cute.

Sandra, wonderful cards, great job on all of them. I especially like the one
with the vase and the rose, I like the colors you used.
 3 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
JeanP on 7/11/2014(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 7/11/2014(UTC), TurtleBug on 7/15/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 9:24:59 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Ladies, hope everyone is having a "Sparkler" of a week-end!Smile

NanaDonna

#2 and Ad Colors - LOVE this card! How awesome to be able to make your own color paper, especially when it comes to the Ad Color Challenge. These pastel colors are right on and to be able to write the sentiment on it at the same time...I WANT AN EXLPORER!!" Your base cardstock and corner punches look like one solid piece and that you slipped the pastel card right into the corners. Love all the embossing and cute butterfly with the center Brad.

[/color][/b]

That is exactly what it is. I punched the corners of the dark gray paper and then slipped the pastel paper into the corners. I have several corner punches that work this wayBigGrin

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/15/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#69 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:22:07 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 522 post(s)
Finally able to get back on here. Love everyones cards. Was hoping to get card made, but had to leave town unexpectedly for a few days. Arrived home last night and was itching to get back on here to see more cards.
Kiethann Offline
#70 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:24:35 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Just wanted to share, especially with Kiethann

Kiethann, remember last week you posted your card with some "lace" you bought at your 90 yr. old neighbor's yardsale and didn't know how old it was? When I saw it I knew it wasn't lace but seam binding for hems. Way back in the day I worked at a Five and Dime that had a sewing notions department and I used to stock it, I remember all these bindings used for all kinds of things when sewing. I went through my sewing basket and found the seam binding I used on my #1 card. I am posting the item below, I found a date printed on the package...1974....40 yrs. ago...yours might be even older!!
Isn't it awesome that we can re-purpose something we have had for so long on to a card. OH! and check out the nice price, three yards for a whopping 45 cents...what a deal!Laugh

Thank you so much for the seam binding. arrived yesterday and I opened up the package at breakfast this morning. I can hardly wait to create the card with it.
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#71 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:35:34 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 956 time(s) in 618 post(s)
DANG IT!! Was on my LAST comment on Sandra's LAST card and I lost all my comments!! Hit a wrong key and poof it was gone! Cursing Cursing

NanaDonna
Very pretty card! Such a peaceful and beautiful scene, I would love to visit a place like this some day. Like all the pattern papers, espcially the lighthouse one. The anchor and Lobster add a nice finish to the card.

Sandra Czech
Glad you were able to finally post your cards, this MB can get pretty testy at times.
#1 and Ex. Credit - I am not a chocolate lover (but, I do want to go to heavenLaugh,) but this image is too cute and so fun! Love all the soft pastel colors and the ribbon you picked is perfect. Did you stitch the background paper, love the look of it?
#3 - Love all the shades of blue on the yacht with touches of white and grays. Like the way you did the waves and the one glittery wave in the back. The swirly entwined with the anchor is a nice touch.
#4 - Love the pretty sheer ribbon with flowers on it. Using the color pink for the "greenery" is different...like the way it looks. I look at this card and it is a card I would buy at a store to give to my Mother or Grandmother. I can't explain it....this card represents "respect" to me for some reason. Maybe, it is the simple red rose in a simple vase and how red roses reprsent "love". Anyone else with me on what I am trying to explain, or am I just plain crazy??Smile
#4 - Great card for a traveler or car enthusiast. The car cut with all the layers is nice and so 50's for back in the day when Route 66 was in it's glory days. The road sign is very nostalgic. Love the map background, the names of the towns and cities don't look familiar to me, is this a map from your home state?

Kiethann
Glad the seam binding arrived. Can't wait to see the card you are making with it!Smile

Edited by user Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:36:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Omar Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:53:56 PM(UTC)
Omar

My Sketch #3
I got inspired by the destinations cricut cartridge, but traced my own Golden Gate bridge on Illustrator CC.
This is mostly white cardstock, inked, embossed and distressed with sand paper.
I used a photo I took last february at Pier 39 in San Francisco.
The embossing was made with a "We R Memory Keepers Chain Embossing Folder".
And the tickets are kraft cardstock with a white gel pen.
Great tip: the photo was printed on plain white cardstock and looked very dull. I used hair spray to give it a little matte shine.
hope you like it
Omar attached the following image(s):
_MG_6730.jpg
TurtleBug Offline
#73 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 8:39:40 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Omar
#3 - WOW!! Very unique interpretation of the sketch. The cutout top layer of your photo is so creative, I love the bold yellow and orange colors you used for it. Cute way to add the tabs with the words and the rest of the paper colors you made for the card are very nice.

OhMyGod OhMyGod Oh! Oh!...Wednesday will be here soon and it will be time for a new Host....anyone like to volunteer??Wink

Hope everyone had a nice and fun week-end.Smile
*NanaDonna* Offline
#74 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 7:37:40 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OhMyGod OhMyGod Oh! Oh!...Wednesday will be here soon and it will be time for a new Host....anyone like to volunteer??Wink

I was just thinking the same thing last nightBigGrin
Anyone ready?

Edited by user Monday, July 14, 2014 7:38:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraCzech Offline
#75 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 9:38:26 AM(UTC)
SandraCzech

DANG IT!! Was on my LAST comment on Sandra's LAST card and I lost all my comments!! Hit a wrong key and poof it was gone! Cursing Cursing

NanaDonna
Very pretty card! Such a peaceful and beautiful scene, I would love to visit a place like this some day. Like all the pattern papers, espcially the lighthouse one. The anchor and Lobster add a nice finish to the card.

Sandra Czech
Glad you were able to finally post your cards, this MB can get pretty testy at times.
#1 and Ex. Credit - I am not a chocolate lover (but, I do want to go to heavenLaugh,) but this image is too cute and so fun! Love all the soft pastel colors and the ribbon you picked is perfect. Did you stitch the background paper, love the look of it?
#3 - Love all the shades of blue on the yacht with touches of white and grays. Like the way you did the waves and the one glittery wave in the back. The swirly entwined with the anchor is a nice touch.
#4 - Love the pretty sheer ribbon with flowers on it. Using the color pink for the "greenery" is different...like the way it looks. I look at this card and it is a card I would buy at a store to give to my Mother or Grandmother. I can't explain it....this card represents "respect" to me for some reason. Maybe, it is the simple red rose in a simple vase and how red roses reprsent "love". Anyone else with me on what I am trying to explain, or am I just plain crazy??Smile
#4 - Great card for a traveler or car enthusiast. The car cut with all the layers is nice and so 50's for back in the day when Route 66 was in it's glory days. The road sign is very nostalgic. Love the map background, the names of the towns and cities don't look familiar to me, is this a map from your home state?

Kiethann
Glad the seam binding arrived. Can't wait to see the card you are making with it!Smile

Hi Turtlebug:

Thanks for the kind words.

The paper on sketch one includes the stitches - it's from DCWV - The Lace and Linen Stack. I like the stack so much I hate to use the papers. (Anyone else a paper hoarder?)

The map is loose paper I bought at Michaels and it isn't Route 66. I googled a couple of the cities on the map and it appears to be Ohio and Pennsylvania.
 1 user thanked SandraCzech for this useful post.
SandraCzech Offline
#76 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 9:41:40 AM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Omar - I love your card. I'm very familiar with Pier 39 and the Golden Gate Bridge. San Francisco is my second most favorite city - first is Denver, of course! So glad you joined us.
SandraCzech Offline
#77 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 9:46:50 AM(UTC)
SandraCzech

I'll host the next challenge if no one else was planning to volunteer. That's 4 sketches, 1 extra point and ad colors? DeeScraps posts the ad colors?
*NanaDonna* Offline
#78 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 11:29:53 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: SandraCzech Go to Quoted Post
I'll host the next challenge if no one else was planning to volunteer. That's 4 sketches, 1 extra point and ad colors? DeeScraps posts the ad colors?

Sandra I am so happy you are going to host next.BigGrin Look forward to seeing the sketches
you come up with.

The normal is 4 sketches and an extra credit or 2 something to "challenge" us. No real set rules if you do 3 sketches or 4 that is up to you, when we went to a 2 week challenge instead of 1 week we put up 4 sketches since there was more time to create them, but it is up to the hostess.

Yes Dee will post the colors. Thanks again for offering to host
BingoLady Offline
#79 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 1:00:10 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Sandra that is so nice of you to host next two weeks. I'll be waiting for
those sketches.
JeanP Offline
#80 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 1:53:01 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 932 time(s) in 753 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Omar Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't so sure about them when I saw them on amazon, now I want them all!Flapper

Some of them are really cool to ink, stamp and then cut up. Like the cupcake one.
Here are a couple cards I made using this technique and 2 different blueprint stamps.
JeanP attached the following image(s):
IMG_1187.JPG
BingoLady Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:54:24 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Jean thank you for hosting with the nice sketches.
and Dee thanks for the colors.
Kiethann Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:34:27 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Finally finished one card. Thank you very much Turtlebug for the green seam binding lace. It was the perfect embellishment for the paper I had planned to use. I used sketch one and the extra credit for this card.

I was able to install my printer, but for some reason can not figure out how to locate the picture of the card I made. I will keep searching and if locate it, will be posting.

Well found where it is at. I wanted it to go to photos when I scanned it, but for some reason I can only add scans to documents. well I will keep trying.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:05:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: additional comments added.

Kiethann attached the following image(s):
green lace card0007.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:10:12 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Jean thanks so much for hosting this challenge, hope you host again sometime.

Every ones cards are fabulous sorry I didn't get to comment on all of them, just got busy.
I love seeing all the lighthouses this time as I don't know why but I have always had a fascination with lighthouses and love them.

Look forward to seeing what Sandra has ready for us this next challenge.
TurtleBug Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:57:56 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Sandra
Thanks so much for Hosting our next two-week challenge, looking forward to your sketches. Thanks again!

Kiethann
There it is, my seam binding...now at your house!!LOL
#1 - Very pretty and yes, this seam binding was the perfect color for this card. Love the pattern paper and the lighter panels look so nice. The image and sentiment ring "It is tea time"!

JeanP.
You did a great job Hosting your first ever challenge, loved your sketches and Extra Credit. Thank you!!

Dee
Thanks for the Ad Color Challenge. We missed your awesome cards this week, hope you are back and able to craft this next challenge.
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
JeanP on 7/16/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#85 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:04:19 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Sandra
Thanks so much for Hosting our next two-week challenge, looking forward to your sketches. Thanks again!

Kiethann
There it is, my seam binding...now at your house!!LOL
#1 - Very pretty and yes, this seam binding was the perfect color for this card. Love the pattern paper and the lighter panels look so nice. The image and sentiment ring "It is tea time"!

JeanP.
You did a great job Hosting your first ever challenge, loved your sketches and Extra Credit. Thank you!!

Dee
Thanks for the Ad Color Challenge. We missed your awesome cards this week, hope you are back and able to craft this next challenge.

First, thank you Jean P for hosting your first card sketch challenge. Great job on selecting the sketches.

Next Sandra, thanks for taking the plunge and hosting the next card sketch challenge.

Dee, as always, thanks for the inspiring add colors you post.

And thank you again, Turtlebug for the very pretty lace seam binding. I enjoyed putting to good use what you sent me. I have been sitting on this piece of paper for quite some time and just knew the time had come to use it.

I am so very looking forward to the next card sketch challenge and hope to be more active in it.