Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

38 Pages«<363738
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1111 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 5:41:23 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
Hi.

The laptop is mine, DH is taking it to the races. He is home right now, and did bring it home tonight, but I am still on his as I had my Explore set up in his office.

I am thankful for the Bluetooth. It makes one less wire to move.

Two more days of racing, unless BIL looses tomorrow. Then they are done.

Sandra, your projects are SO CUTE! LOVE your cutting board. It is GREAT!!

Sharon, so sorry your girls are having a tough time, each in their own way. Hope surgery goes well and that the sleep study helps figure out the nightmares.

Nancy, it is so good to hear that Patti is liking her new job. I am sure that is a relief for you.

WE went to Boise this morning. My sister called a couple of days ago and said on her way to her new home she saw a Positive Changes billboard with my pic on it! So we went early to take pictures of it, then I dropped DH off at the drag strip and came on home. Had some friends, well really, I only know the lady a little and just met her husband on Monday, come over this afternoon and helped them book a cruise. With us. And our other cruise friends. In early March to the Mexican Riviera.

I am getting my Christmas cards cut out as I type. It is nice I can cut on CDS and still be in the internet.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1112 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 6:50:09 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Just a quick check-in while I have my computer before DH takes it back to the races. He brought it home last night. They keyboard is back to being bad. Well, the spacebar. I guess I will have to have the keyboard replaced before the warranty expires.

I have a few final things to go to Wally's for before I finish packing. So, a trip to town today.

And I have quite a bit more cutting to get done! Whew. Again, I am thankful I can use DH's computer to cut with.

It is finally cooling down. Into the 60's, and they say wind today and tomorrow. Which is not good for the races.

Megan is running a half marathon tomorrow. She will be glad when it is over. She is tired training for it.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1113 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 6:52:47 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I put a picture of the billboard on facebook.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 10/11/2014(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1114 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 7:11:13 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1284 time(s) in 999 post(s)
How exciting Joy to see your picture on a BillboardBigGrin Did they pay you for the advertisement???

I hope your Lap Top is home to stay for a while LOL

Raining here a nice 3 day weekend and all they are saying is rain. We have all the Fall Festivals all weekend long so many places to go and it is raining heavy!!

Alex came yesterday and Abby was shy all over again with him ... but still gives her high 5 and hug and kisses.

Today some light cleaning (wash is all done) my DH changes his clothes up to 3 times a day starts out in jeans and shirt then goes and plays in the yard comes in says he is done for the day showers and clean set of clothes then he says I think I will go outside and see what I can do!! comes in couple hours later showers again changes his clothes. Enough already. !!

Well going for eye brows today I think a little shopping maybe crafting later

Have a great day and Happy Crafting

Hmmm I wonder what Sandra will be creating today LOL
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1115 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 8:46:57 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sandra... I forgot to wish you Good Luck on your new vanBigGrin
Shelly Offline
#1116 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 4:32:45 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 271 post(s)
Hi Girls!!

YIPPEE!!! I can get on the internet with my computer finally! It has to be plugged in to the wall, but that's ok. Now I can start saving all the cute SVGs I've been seeing so that when I FINALLY get my craft stuff back and learn the Explore, I will have them. Unfortunately, DH messed with stuff on here trying to get it going and lost all my bookmarks. Ugh! Not happy about that.

Sharon, sorry about your girls. Hope the surgery goes well and the sleep study gives you some answers.

Sandra, congratulations on the new van! Your crafts are cute! So fun.

Nancy, so glad Patti's job is working out.

Joy, have fun on your trip. How long will you be gone?

Well DH was going to retire the end of the year, but his company offered a RIF (reduction in force) with a 6 month severance package. They wanted the upper management to go, but the legal dept. said they had to offer it to everyone, so he grabbed it. So now he gets to retire sometime in the first week of Nov. Not sure of the exact date yet. So we booked a cruise to celebrate. They have done this before they have had layoffs for years, and we have always been worried about them. Kind of hoped that they would offer this when it came time to retire, but he was told they weren't doing it again. So we are so excited that this happened.

Have a good weekend everyone.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1117 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 7:58:23 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Beautiful day here today sun shining is a good thing.. I did light cleaning yesterday then relaxed all day it was such a gloomy day I didn't even feel like crafting.

I did some catalog shopping for the kids I have 3 orders coming from 3 different places Miles Kimball, CollectionsEtc.com and LTD Comm. I saw some cute personalized ornaments for the grand kids so ordered
and cute snowman cover that goes over your outside light. on on

Shelly .. nice to hear from you again g;ad you are able to connect again and Congrats to DH on early retirement where are you going on your cruise???

So how is it living with your DD??

Finally got my new Epson Printer hooked up I love it nice and quiet, prints so good.. I have had so many Printers in the past Cannon. Lexmark, 2 HP's now Epson I think the printing quality can't be beat.

Oh I did try and get on online last night and play alittle with my Explore finally able to cut a darn pumpkin. I am not crazy on using my Lap Top since I had my eyes done my eyes get tired easily.

Well have a good day everyone

Edited by user Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:00:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mylilpeanut Offline
#1118 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 11:18:29 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi! This probably isn't the the area, but wondering if there's a buy/sell/trade topic anywhere?
Love my Cricut products, just don't have time to use them since my second son was born. Now collecting dust and that makes me sad :(
Thanks in advance!
Ashley
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1119 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 10:58:24 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Ashley, it is under General Chat / Product Reviews and Deals.

Shelly, I KNEW you should have come on our cruise with us!!!! Congratulations to Blair. Merle LOVES retirement. Where are you going on your cruise? We have several booked. Who knows. Maybe you will be with us!! Ours are all to the Mexican Rivera. Merle found NO TIPS on seven days or longer if booked by tomorrow. So we did. It looks like Kate and Jordan will come on one of them with us! BigGrin

Shelly, start playing with CDS. Playing around is what made me want an Explore. Glad you can finally get on the internet.

Nancy, cute that Abigail was shy with Alex. I guess she did not remember him very well.

Sandra, enjoying the new van??

My Explore got a workout over the weekend. I was cutting Christmas cards and stuff for the cruise when I remembered I needed to make some tags for church. So along with 60 Christmas card parts and room decorations, I cut 100 mitten tags. They were from Gingerbread, so simple, but still took time.

The car is loaded. I mean LOADED! Blushing Whew. I have decided to leave some cruise clothes at Jill's and they will be there in January. I won't need shorts around here in December. And our formal clothes.

We will take off as soon as DH and Brandon are done blowing out the sprinkler systems and a quick bit of lunch.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1120 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 11:00:57 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

You guys know Paul Revere and the Raiders? They are local. Anyway, Paul died, and his funeral is today.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1121 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 1:48:04 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy.. it was in yesterday's newspaper.. I think he was in his early 70's!! Enjoy your tripBigGrin

I had a surprise this morning here I thought I had the day off and I was relaxing in bed and DH hears a knock on the door and it was Patty and Abigail!! I jumped out of bed and said what are you doing here?? She said I have work today!! that is the only drawback with this job she says all these little holidays she works.

Well we had a really nice day out yesterday went to some Festivals and then a movie then out to dinner. Lots of walking I was exhausted. Plus the movie was 2 1/2 hours.

So Abigail wanted to go for a walk today it is so damp out so i said why not.. she loves all the Halloween decorations on all the houses. I bought 2 hugh scarecrows for the front of the house but with all this rain we have been having I know they wil be wrecked. So maybe just put them out in the day and bring them in.

DH made a hugh pot of clam chowder so that is his dinner for tonight.

SandraB. Offline
#1122 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 3:20:00 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 244 post(s)
hi everyone, been such a busy w/end and few days before I'm just finally getting back to the computer. We had a long w/end as it's our Thanksgiving. We had a nice family dinner at my sister's on Sat., then yesterday we had a hockey game in the afternoon and then went to my cousin's for dessert. She just bought a new place about 5 blocks from us. It was nice as all the rest of her brothers,some of their families and her parents were all there. Today went out and did some shopping, wanted to get a haircut but the shop was closed today...some places were open, others closed for Thanksgiving. My new Journey is great, it's a crossover instead of a van. So far, so goodBigGrin

Shelly: glad you are able to get on the internet, congrats to your dh on his retirement.

Sharon: hope things go well with the girls. Hope you get your mil's house all looked after, do you have any help doing it? I got my cutting board from Wal-mart. Did find one at the dollarama today, not as nice as the other one though.

Namcy: glad Patti's new job is going good for her and she likes it. Hope you have more fun with your Explore, I think you will love it once you get going.

Joy: you must be getting excited for your cruise. Sounds like you've been putting your Explore to good use.

Might try cutting some stuff with the window cling tonite, have to go get dinner now.

Take care and happy crafting
Shelly Offline
#1123 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 9:07:13 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi,

Sandra - Happy Thanksgiving. It was Columbus Day here. Two of my SILs had the day off as they work for banks. Everyone else had to work. Glad you are enjoying your new car.

Nancy - Isn't it fun watching Abigail get interested in the holidays! My oldest GS is loving Halloween this year. He is so excited to be spiderman. I think he will wear his costume out before the actual day.

Joy - Have fun on your cruise. We are going to the Western Caribbean again. We have been to all the ports before, but it will be nice to get away. I would love to go to the Mexican cruise. But Blair doesn't like them. We have been on several. Tips are going up about a week before we board. Hope you have an amazing time.

Things are going so, so living here. I am having a very hard time adjusting to this. I wish we would have gotten our own place. It is going to be a very long five months! I have been pretty down being here with all that is going on.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1124 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:35:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

I got a text this morning that my sil was dropping off Abby because he is sick. I said to DD why would you want him taking care of Abby dressing her then bringing her here! She wanted Abby to sleep in!!

If i knew that I could have stayed in bed. I hate getting up in the dark LOL

Shelly.. you need to craft a little maybe get some yarn a knit or crochet to make the time pass.

Sandra... you are loving making those deocrations glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and got together with family.

OMG!! sitting here yawning..

Sharon hope all goes well with DD at the sleep clinic

Have a good day all
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1125 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:31:08 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Had a really nice day today with Abigail went for a long walk it hit 75 deg. today no jacket like a Summer day.

I bought her a bubble machine she played with it for a good 1 then i said time to go in and nap she says time for ice cream then a nap. I said OK sounds good to me. LOL

Hoping Sharon your DD does well on Wed.

I hope Joy doesn't hit any of this bad weather I hear some really bad storms out West!

Have a good night all
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1126 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:53:41 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

A quick good morning running late this morning for bowling...

Beautiful day here on L.I. supposed so be in the mid 70's.

Today we are bowling the dreaded high scorers in Bowling they all have over 200 avg. although they will give us points if we don't bowl above our avg. we lose.

Have a good day all
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1127 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:14:24 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well it was a really good day bowling.. we won 2 games took high game and total wood from these great bowlers. My team mate bowled a 211 her avg. is 140.

here we thought we couldn't do it and I guess they were off today and we all bowled way above our averages.

Hard to believe it is 79 deg. out today I have my air conditioning on it is so hot out.

Well I know I am talking to myself but that is ok at least I know someone is listening LOL

Enjoy
SandraB. Offline
#1128 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:07:54 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

a cool and rainy day here today, really feels like fall! Went to my nephew's after school to give his wife her next crochet lesson, taught her how to read a pattern today. She's making her first dishclothBigGrin ! While she was working away I got to play with great neice & nephewBigGrin!

Shelly: hope things get better for you, like Nancy said get your self some wool and start knitting or something to pass the time. Bet you're looking forward to your cruise!

Joy: you must be on your way now

Sharon: hope things went well for dd today

Nancy: glad you guys did well at bowling..

Last night I played with the new window cling, it works great when you cut it the right way. The first time I tried it I had it on the mat upside downCursing, I was able to salvage the pumpkins though by cutting them out by hand.
File Attachment(s):
window cling.JPG (1,201kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 10/16/2014(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#1129 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:20:21 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sandra, your pumpkins are so cute!! Look great on your window. You sure are having fun with your Explore!!

Nancy, glad your bowling went so well. Nice weather you are having. We had a gloomy looking day. Thought it might rain, but didn't.

Sharon, hope things go well with the sleep study and they figure out what is going on with your DD.

I have started an afghan for a friend for Christmas. Looking for more projects for when this one is done. I've made everyone an afghan lately, so don't know who else I can make one for, but maybe I will just make me one.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1130 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:12:14 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all. We are at Jill's. First time I have gotten my computer out, though.

DH is scraping and sanding and painting Jill's windows outside. Eventually he will paint the house, but has to do some stucco repair first. That will be in a later trip. After his shoulder recovers from shoulder surgery.

Jeffie is happy to have daytime company!

Shelly, we are cruising out of LA while Jill is still here. The cruises we booked have free tips, which is why we booked them. Also, we are getting really close to Elite status. We just may break down and go on extra little cruises in January to get there. Flapper

We had planned on two cruises back to back in February. DH booked the wrong two. He booked one in February and the next one the first week in March. Well, we now have three other couples going with us in March! Our regular cruise friends, another couple that we don't know very well but she was Kate's primary PE/music teacher, and Kate and Jordan! I guess it was meant to be.

Got some pumpkin decorations cut our for Jill from Pumpkin Carving. I brought my G with me.

Nancy, good job on the bowling! Megan tells me we have to get cruising out of our system by the time she has babies. We will be child care for her.

Sandra, your window clings are so cute!!!! I may have to try that stuff one of these days.

Hopefully the hurricane will be all past by the time we get to Hawaii but we bought extra Bonine just in case the seas are rough.

I will try and check in tomorrow. We head out on Saturday. I am missing Camry and Lincoln, but at least we have Jeffie! He is quite a character.

1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1131 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:34:58 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Nice to hear from you Joy... glad you are enjoying your stay at Jill's hopefully the weather will be nice for your trips.

What are Free Tips????

Sandra... love your pumpkins they are so cute. You sure are enjoying crafting and decorationsBigGrin

Shelly.. Shelly that will be nice keeping your hands busy. I am sure it is hard adjusting living at your DD but enjoy the time.

It has been raining really heavy here since last night Abigail wanted to go for a walk in the rain! I said no it is raining too hard she said she has her rain coat!! too cute

DH had her under our overhang in the yard it is hugh so I peak out to see her darting out in the pouring rain playing with her bubble gun. I go out and right away she comes back. Grandma I have my rain coat on!!!

My Mail man isn't too happy I have so many deliveries coming every day..
I should get my Artfully Sent cartridge on Friday can't wait

Well hoping everyone has a good night
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1132 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 4:21:18 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, on a cruise you have to pay a certain amount per day for gratuities that get split between like your room steward and your waiter and jr. waiter and so on and so on. On Princess I think it is like $11.50 per person per day. Well, on the cruise we booked, you don't have to pay the tips. The cruise line will pay them for us. It was a good deal. Saves us like $200.

Finally got re-packed. A couple of the suitcases looked like they exploded in our room. They other ones I packed so I didn't have to get into them. Not much, anyway.

Not quite as nervous as I was for several days. It has helped being at Jill's I think. I am sure I will be a bit apprehensive in the morning. This is a LONG time to be on a ship.

I will do my best to check in from Hawaii. Next weekend.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1133 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 12:16:12 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I figured that Joy but never heard of it on a ship. That is good. Hope the weather is good for you.

A beautiful day here I can't believe this weather windows open yesterday I had the air con on unbelievable for this time of year.

Well all my orders came yesterday and I am happy to say I have been making cards with Artfully Sent. You do need some patience with the Pop Up cards but I need to get a variety done so when the girls pick up their orders I can show them some of the cards. If I can do it anyone can LOL

Went for a hair cut today I felt like being daring and left it in the hair stylist hands shorter then I expected but I love it.

Still covers my neck and ears actually past my ears but something for a change DH loved it.

Well hope everyone is having a good dayBigGrin
SandraB. Offline
#1134 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:34:09 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

another beautiful fall day here...hit 20C, which is something like 70F. Sure can't complain as it's almost the end of Oct.! Even got dh out for a walk after I got home from groceries. I've been trying to order the Vintage birds, butterflies, flowers and phrases through DS with no luck. Spent an hour on hold yesterday, finally gave up and sent an e-mail. Tried again today...was about to hang up after close to an hour when my call was answered. The gal tried a few different things, even went to ask her supervisor about it and now it has to go to someone else who won't be in until Mon. Maybe this is telling me I really don't need themLOL! Anyway, I'll see what happens now. They look like really nice PNC images though.

Nancy: I got a haircut today also. Glad your order arrived and you are enjoying the new cart. I still haven't ordered mine, better get on it.

Joy: have a safe trip and enjoy your cruise.

Shelly: glad you've found something to keep busy with. You could have quite a pile of afghans made by the time you get in your new houseBigGrin

I've been on the hunt for the plain white travel tumblers people are using to put the personalized Starbucks logos on, no luck so far. Thought they would be great gifts for the teachers I work with. Pretty quiet w/end here...no hockey games. Have to get dd's & sil's anniversary card done tonite though so I can mail them tomorrow.

Take care everyone and happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1135 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 6:58:56 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning everyone,

Sharon I would like to know how how the sleep test went with your daughter!! hope all is well with you all

Shelly... like Sandra said you will have lots of blankets made

Sandra.. I spent most of the afternoon and evening making sample cards to show the girls here from the new cartridge.

The first card I cut at 5 inches came out hugh then i cut another at 4.50 inches and it came out fine.
I don't normally make large size cards unless it is for the kids.

So I made a pop up, the flower swing cards that was easy. Pop up took my awhile to get it made actually glueing it down.

Made several I will try and post.

Today it is not so warm but ok we have our monthly Koi meeting nice to get together with the gals and chit chat.

Have a good day all

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1136 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 7:09:51 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Ok lets see if I can upload the cards I used Brushed Paper Pack CTMH

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Artfully Sent.JPG
Pop Up.JPG
Swing Card.JPG
Shelly Offline
#1137 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:39:23 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy, Love the cards. I really want this cartridge. Christmas is coming and I plan to get it then!! Abigail sounds like such a little cutie!

Sandra, Nice weather you are having. Hope you get it straightened out so you can get those designs. I am watching videos occasionally about the Explore. Will watchb them more when I can actually open it and use it. I will forget everything if I do it now. I am loving what I am seeing everyone do with it.

Joy, Have a great time on your cruise! Tell Megan she will need to have an alternative babysitter for your cruises. That's what I told my girls. Although for ours in November, I lined it all up for them.

Have a great day everyone!