Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<141516
yenpeso Offline
#451 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 2:15:39 AM(UTC)
yenpeso

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hey, Barb,

Hope you're feeling better.

I was good and mailed my November swap cards before Thanksgiving. Hope you have them by now.
I haven't been so good on my postcard swap. Everything is cut out and ready to glue together but I've been sick with sinus, cold and stomach problems. So sorry, MsChewie.

I WANT TO GO HOME!

Judy (yenpeso)Love
 1 user thanked yenpeso for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 12/7/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#452 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 9:50:37 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1098 time(s) in 806 post(s)
[quote=yenpeso;1894660]Barb, please ignore my request to send a second set of cards to the swap. I finished two sets but one of the workers here at the home wanted to buy one set to use for gift cards. It was a flower pot of poinsettias. If I ever learn how to post pictures on the web I'll put one up as I did take a picture. I do have an audience here. Everyone is always interested in my cards. It's going to make me very vain.

Oh my dear Judy - There is NOT an ounce of being "vain" in you anywhere !! You are very sweet and brave and you deserve the attention...Your cards are truly AWESOME !! Your cards did arrive here today, so I will get pix posted as soon as I can.

So far I have cards from Judy, Merrie, Janice and Smoochie ! I will get busy with pictures tomorrow. I have had a very long and hard day at work and I am real tired right now. I hope that I can get caught up here, but DH is still real sick and I may need to DRAG HIM to a hospital any day. The man just won't give in and go... the last 2 times I finally got him to a hospital he was within hours (or less) of death. I know how bad he hates to go , but it is (selfish I know) hard on me too.

Thank you all so much for making your lovely cards and I hope you will enjoy this month off from the swap, and join me in January for some new things I have been cooking up ! I will have a signup posting ready soon for the January card "trade". It will defininitely be a partner one, which will save you all some postage money next month. Love Love to all of you !! Love Love I think of you as friends and companions.Wub
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
yenpeso on 12/3/2014(UTC)
yenpeso Offline
#453 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 9:00:32 PM(UTC)
yenpeso

Thanks for the kind words, Barb, and I think you are the brave one. I'm sorry to hear about your DH. I will pray that he gets well soon.

Judy (yenpeso)Love
Platinum~Diva Offline
#454 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2014 4:43:28 AM(UTC)
Platinum~Diva

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Barb -

Sorry to hear about your DH; I really hope things get much better for the two of you real soon...prayers and hugs to the two of you.
 1 user thanked Platinum~Diva for this useful post.
golfingrams Offline
#455 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 5:19:12 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 553 time(s) in 485 post(s)
Barb, so sorry dh is so stubborn, I hope he goes so you can have some peace. My cards show they arrived today so hope you did get them. I hope and pray your fibro has quieted down also. You've sure have had a lot happen lately. Sending hugs, blessings and prayers. Patti
 1 user thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#456 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 11:53:01 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi You all !! I have TONS of stuff to do today , but will get started with the Pictures of the cards

First of all, we have an INCREDIBLY CUTE Christmas card from Judy (YenPeso) I simply ADORE this card !!
Perfect one for me to send to my DIL who is expecting my First Grandbaby in May ! She will definitely be getting one of these...once you look at the picture you will see why I chose it for her Love

Patti has crafted a really beautiful Nativity scene on sparkly blue sky cardstock that is one of the prettiest backdrops I have ever seen for a manger scene card. Thanks Patti !

Janice (PlatinumDiva) made us a lovely SNOW sentiment card done in metallic silver and gold papers...very nice !
CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
101_1028.JPG
101_1030.JPG
101_1034.JPG
yenpeso on 12/7/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#457 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 12:21:20 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

SmoochieBoochie's cards definitely win the award for SPARKLE !! Gorgeous colors and lots of GLitter paper - very pretty cards with lots of layers too !

101_1033.JPG
CricutCrazy Offline
#458 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 1:00:20 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Merrie's cards are also super cute ! I love SNOWMAN cards and this one is whimsical and colorful !
Thanks so much for this fun card !

101_1038.JPG
CricutCrazy Offline
#459 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 2:05:09 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

DH just returned from the post office and he had a lovely batch of cards for us to show from ASHLEY (MsChewie)

THese are beautifully cut, layered and crafted Christmas tree cards ! very nice job ! Thanks Ashley !

I believe we are only waiting on cards from Carol at this time. As soon as those arrive I will post her pix and mine and get them all on the way back to you soon !

101_1041.JPG
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink Offline
#460 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 2:56:33 PM(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Sorry you are waiting on me. I didn't get a tracking #. Hope they will arrive tomorrow. Love, love, love the cards I've seen. Great job everyone.

Happy Holidays, Carol
 1 user thanked Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 12/8/2014(UTC)
Platinum~Diva Offline
#461 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 3:08:24 PM(UTC)
Platinum~Diva

Gorgeous cards! Makes mine seem so plain... Blink
yenpeso Offline
#462 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 4:07:26 PM(UTC)
yenpeso

GREAT CARDS, Ladies. Love the diversity...can't wait to get them in my hands.

Can anyone guide me in posting photos on this forum. I confess I'm not computer literate.

Must go and make SIL's birthday card. My supply of paper here at the home, especially DSP is getting low.
I'll have to use my imagination on this one.

Judy (yenpeso) Love
CricutCrazy Offline
#463 Posted : Monday, December 08, 2014 5:15:43 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone -

CAROL - I just got back from the PO and no cards from you today...tomorrow hopefully !

JUDY - there are a couple of different ways to post pix, but here is how I do mine so that I can always get a small picture on the posting instead of one of those things where you have to click on a file and wait forever for the picture to pop up from a download.

The MAIN thing to remember is that you MUST SHRINK your pictures ! If it is more than 800x600 MP in size, then you cannot get the pic to show up in a posting.

I transfer the pic from my camera to my Documents file or Windows Gallery. I right-click on the image and the menu pops up...then I choose "EDIT" . When you get to the PAINT app where you edit the pictures, I click on to "RESIZE" and it gives me a choice of inches or pixels (mp). I click on pixels, and type in a number - usually 800 horizontal by 600 vertical. It automatically shrinks the picture. Then I "save" the edited picture. I do this before I get to the Cricut MB (usually).
WHen I make a posting on the thread, I type my words and then look to the bottom left of the box you type in. It has 2 OPTIONS listed - click on the box that says "ATTACH FILES TO THIS POST?" . then you have to do that stupid Security code again ( I hate that thing !) Blink So, it takes you to the screen where you select your pictures. It will ask you to find your photo on your computer and upload it. It takes about 10 seconds usually to upload the picture. It will lead you through the process. Once you are done you can click "Back" and you will see your post with the picture added.

For me, this has been the simple method. I do not know how to find a picture URL and utilize the choices on the bar at the top of the postings...I have tried for 2 years to figure that one out !! Flapper

I HOPE YOU GET TO GO HOME SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wub Wub Wub
yenpeso on 12/10/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#464 Posted : Tuesday, December 09, 2014 7:56:17 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

No cards yet today from Carol Crying - hope they come tomorrow as I want to get the sorting done and mail them out to you no later than Saturday. I hope I can manage it by Friday.

It has been a hard week so far. Doctor today... another doctor Thursday....long days of work before I can take off for the holidays. I am SO looking forward to Christmas week as I will not be working at the clinic at all.

One blessing is that I have very little Christmas shopping to do this year. Woot ThumpUp

Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink Offline
#465 Posted : Tuesday, December 09, 2014 11:52:42 PM(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Oh, Barb, I'm so sorry they have not arrived. Thought they would have been there before now. From now on I'm getting a tracking #.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 09, 2014 11:54:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Correct Spg

1 user thanked Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 12/11/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#466 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:04:39 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone ! Carol's cards came in today so I will be mailing them back out to you tomorrow afternoon. I hope to get them posted before 5 PM, but no guarantees that I can. I am working on them tonight until I fall over and have to go to bed ! Flapper But gotta work in the AM until about 3 PM...then I can get everything in the mail!

So here are the pix of Carol's cute cards. I love the embossing folder image (Nellie Snellen ?) little winter village scene and the cute cricut cut trees and reindeer really make it adorable. Thanks Carol !
By the way, anytime you guys want to describe your own cards and your "recipe" , please do so ! ALso, please be sure to add your name to the new January Swap before Jan. 2nd. It is a partner swap for a change of pace BigGrin

My card is more of a Happy New Year card. I didnt put that on the card because this way it is more usable for an all occasion type if you want it to be one.
I used Grey Coredinations cardstock for the base, Spectrum Noir stock for the stamped images and the inside mat.
It is the best stock I have ever found for stamping on a super smooth white surface. I used the Cuttlebug "BROCADE WINDOW" die to cut the card topper and window and used super heavy Watercolor Paper for that. I handpainted each stamped image with Spectrum Noir pens, and applied Snowflake Acetate sheets in the window from a company called HUNKYDORY (a British company). I then layered the window with foam tape so it would look like a snowfall under "glass". Added a few rhinestones to it for some "pop". I decided not to use a bow and cover up all the pretty embossing. I just love this Cut & Emboss die and I think it looks elegant. Sometimes keeping things simple is better. I always had a tendency to be pretty conservative on my designs, so it is more "me" this way.

Okay - so here are the pictures and I will be back over the weekend sometime.
I hope you are all well and keeping WARM !! I know the weather is bad in some places...Be safe ! Wub
101_1057.JPG
101_1058.JPG
101_1048.JPG
CricutCrazy Offline
#467 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:13:09 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

OKAY !! We are all sorted and packed and I am making postage labels now. I will take the cards to the Post Office this afternoon .... ThumpUp

GOOD NEWS !! - You will all be getting a little Christmas surprise from me in your packages for being such great people and making your lovely cards during this busy holiday season ! Plus, everybody will receive one of my cards in their packet as I made extras.

Now - the bad news.... Some of the mail is really really slow. Due to major winter storms up North, the mail that is routed through New Jersey has been delayed up to 12 days longer than usual. Nothing I can do about that. I just learned that most of my mail headed to the Northwest has been stuck in NJ since November 30th !! I will get tracking numbers on all of your pkgs. so we can check on it, but it may be slow getting to you . I hope it is moving better this week. For some strange reason, mail from Florida goes to New Jersey to be sorted to go to California, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Dakotas etc... seems weird to me, but that is the USPS for you !! Unsure Razz
yenpeso on 12/18/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Offline
#468 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 7:55:31 AM(UTC)
golfingrams

Isn't that weird they go to NJ. All the cards are awesome, thanks for your kind words. Platinum - no card is "kinda plain", all are awesome and special in their own way. Have a great day ladies, it's ick here so going to make some more stuff to send to kids. Hugs Patti
CricutCrazy on 12/19/2014(UTC)
Platinum~Diva Offline
#469 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 5:42:21 AM(UTC)
Platinum~Diva

Originally Posted by: golfingrams Go to Quoted Post
Isn't that weird they go to NJ. All the cards are awesome, thanks for your kind words. Platinum - no card is "kinda plain", all are awesome and special in their own way. Have a great day ladies, it's ick here so going to make some more stuff to send to kids. Hugs Patti

Thanks, golfingrams! I've only recently started cardmaking, and the work I've seen posted on here is outstanding, compared to what I've done. I'm hoping that by participating in these swaps, I can hone my cardmaking skills...practice makes perfect, right? Wink
Platinum~Diva Offline
#470 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 5:48:52 AM(UTC)
Platinum~Diva

Just picked up my mail from yesterday, and there was a package full of cards! BigGrin I Love each one!!

And Miss Barb...thanks so much for the "surprises"; they were totally unexpected and well appreciated! I even got one of the coveted "Sparkly Award" cards! BigGrin

Thanks to all of you...your cardmaking skills are awesome; and I look forward to participating next month!
golfingrams Offline
#471 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:46:25 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

I got the cards today, awesome awesome cards. Thank you Barb for the gifts and cards.

Platinumdiva, I still don't make cards I totally love and want to get better. I will be practicing this winter and want to try making some fancy fold cards. I have folders of cards on Pinterest I want to try. Making cards is my real joy. ????Does anyone sell their cards??

Hugs Patti
smoochieboochies2 Offline
#472 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:11:21 PM(UTC)
smoochieboochies2

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Barbara, what a lovely package you put together for us. Enjoyed the cards and extra surprises. Very thoughtful of you. Such wonderful cards this month. Everyone did such an awesome job.BigGrin
 1 user thanked smoochieboochies2 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#473 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 11:46:51 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Ladies !
Well...the final "countdown" is on for Christmas ! Scared Razz No - I am NOT ready!! but it will get here anyhow on the 25th !! Wink Wub Woot

I wish you all a VERY SAFE, HAPPY, HEALTHY and MERRY HOLIDAY SEASON !! Wub

Hope you will all sign up for the January EXCHANGE of card sets .... more pictures will be coming and themes will be listed too.... Wub HUGS !! Barb

golfingrams Offline
#474 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 12:34:10 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Merry Christmas to you and your family also, Barb. I'm not ready either and as you said it will come on the 25th anyway. Hugs Patti