Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
allisonfinkebc9bfccb Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:52:02 PM(UTC)
allisonfinkebc9bfccb

Groups: Registered

OH MY GOSH...are you kidding?!? I cannot believe how long the thread is on this, and Cricut still hasn't fixed this problem! I just bought my first Cricut the other day, and I can't use it with Craft Room?!? This is completely absurd and shameful for a company that charges a small fortune for their products!!!!!
jenny.yuting.chiud3fca838 Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:26:01 PM(UTC)
jenny.yuting.chiud3fca838

I'm running on OS X 10.9.4 as well. Cricut really needs to find a fix. This is ridiculous.
courtneynicolebarkerc82ab3c8 Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 02, 2014 3:46:47 PM(UTC)
courtneynicolebarkerc82ab3c8

This is SO frustrating! I spend $150 on a Cricut just to find out that I can't connect to my computer and use?! And after months, there is still no resolution?! This is ridiculous. I am very disappointed and I will not ever be purchasing another Cricut after this.
alice2fe28dcd Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 1:22:15 PM(UTC)
alice2fe28dcd

Cricut, FIX THIS! I agree with everyone. We pay A LOT of money for the whole system. The least they could do is have it work. GGGRRRRRRMad
Cricut Jo Ann Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 8:03:18 PM(UTC)
Cricut Jo Ann

Groups: Registered, Cricut Community Admin, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ajpalma08ab000b44 Go to Quoted Post
Having the same problem on 2 macs running 10.9.4 operating system. I just bought this cricut and can't use it on either computer!! Luckily I have an old macbook that is still 10.6.8 that I can use in the meantime. Please work on this ASAP!!! Mac OS 10.9 has been out for over a year and this issue has been known of for quite some time...

We do have a fix for this now.

Please PM your email address and we will get a new link sent out to you.

Cricut JoAnn

Cricut Jo Ann Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 8:04:15 PM(UTC)
Cricut Jo Ann

Groups: Registered, Cricut Community Admin, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jenny.yuting.chiud3fca838 Go to Quoted Post
I'm running on OS X 10.9.4 as well. Cricut really needs to find a fix. This is ridiculous.

Please PM me your email address and we will send you a new link to try.

Cricut JoAnn

clerma4508eaff0477 Offline
#37 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:36:48 PM(UTC)
clerma4508eaff0477

I seen this on another forum and it worked for me! Im running OS X 10.9.5

"To install the most up to date version of Craft Room, you will go to: http://www.cricut.com/home/usemini and select ‘Download for MAC’. This will then download and install the latest version of the Cricut Craft Room (Build 187). Once installed, you will open the program and log in.

With this update, once your machine is connected to Craft Room and powered on you will see a popup box that says "CCRBridge is trying to install a new helper tool..." go ahead an enter your password and click on the install helper button and you should be good to go!

***Please Note: You will need the admin log in information to install this helper.

Once you have entered in your password information, the program will continue to operate the way it would normally. This is a ONE time update, you should not be given this prompt again."

*I had to replace the version I originally downloaded with the one it says to install. I also changed my security & privacy setting in system preferences to allow apps downloaded from anywhere. Hope this helps!

Edited by user Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:38:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Celmofamily2a0ff987 Offline
#38 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:08:05 PM(UTC)
Celmofamily2a0ff987

hoping to get an answer soon. just got my new mac and was super excited to use it with my cricut for all my christmas decorations. i was about to purchase the yearly subscription and now i am so glad i didn't. it is so frustrating with the new explore out it feels like they have forgotten about everything else they are pushing the explore on everyone. I mean they seem amazing but not everyone can afford to buy a brand new cricut. not to mention my husband would kill me if i bought another.
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#39 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:12:02 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Cricut Community Admin, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 252 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Celmofamily2a0ff987 Go to Quoted Post
hoping to get an answer soon. just got my new mac and was super excited to use it with my cricut for all my christmas decorations. i was about to purchase the yearly subscription and now i am so glad i didn't. it is so frustrating with the new explore out it feels like they have forgotten about everything else they are pushing the explore on everyone. I mean they seem amazing but not everyone can afford to buy a brand new cricut. not to mention my husband would kill me if i bought another.

Please PM your email address and we will get a new link sent out to you.

Cricut Tamara
cctimeslipccf4fa8819 Offline
#40 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:23:49 PM(UTC)
cctimeslipccf4fa8819

Now how do you fix 10.10? I can't believe we are a complete year behind in supporting the latest OS's.
NatalieBlakeman Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 10:15:18 AM(UTC)
NatalieBlakeman

Come on Cricut!

I just tried PM'ing my email address for a link to the fixed Mac version, only to be informed that the inbox was full.

Cricut, why all the jumping through hoops? Why can't you just post the link on the forums instead of asking people to request a link.

As the inbox is full, obviously there are a lot of people who need the update, so why handle it is such an inefficient manner?

Not a happy bunny. Mad
PRADA.489702593 Offline
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:08:55 AM(UTC)
PRADA.489702593

YES....I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMAngry PLEASE CRICUT HELP US
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 10:00:56 AM(UTC)

Groups: Cricut Community Admin, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Originally Posted by: Celmofamily2a0ff987 Go to Quoted Post

"To install the most up to date version of Craft Room, you will go to: http://www.cricut.com/home/usemini and select ‘Download for MAC’. This will then download and install the latest version of the Cricut Craft Room (Build 187). Once installed, you will open the program and log in.

With this update, once your machine is connected to Craft Room and powered on you will see a popup box that says "CCRBridge is trying to install a new helper tool..." go ahead an enter your password and click on the install helper button and you should be good to go!

***Please Note: You will need the admin log in information to install this helper.

Once you have entered in your password information, the program will continue to operate the way it would normally. This is a ONE time update, you should not be given this prompt again."

*I had to replace the version I originally downloaded with the one it says to install. I also changed my security & privacy setting in system preferences to allow apps downloaded from anywhere. Hope this helps!
rscastagnola92bf0b4b Offline
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:19:40 PM(UTC)
rscastagnola92bf0b4b

Originally Posted by: rhonda.miller598218c4 Go to Quoted Post
My husband found a work around. He got an external drive and installed Snow Leopard (10.6) on it. I connect it with a USB cable to my Mac, then mount it at start-up. It's a pain, but I am cutting again with CCR.

Cricut still needs to come out with a fix for this problem. I've been thinking about getting the Cricut Explore, but this is making me very hesitant.

Hi i have the an external hard drive and was trying to go around the problem your way, im not all that computer savy so sorry if this silly question but what does mount it mean and how do i do it? thank you!
mrankin63017acc3ab Offline
#45 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:18:27 PM(UTC)
mrankin63017acc3ab

I tried the new installation route and did the Build 187. STILL having the same problem. Has this not worked for anyone else either?

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
sabineeeabacd1 Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 1:54:50 PM(UTC)
sabineeeabacd1

Is there a fix for this or should I consider returning this to the store?

I received my cricut for my birthday and because I use Mac I cannot use it.

I am running 10.10 and do not have the opportunity to downgrade to 10.9 or 10.8 just to use this device.
#47 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 2:04:32 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sabineeeabacd1 Go to Quoted Post

I am running 10.10 and do not have the opportunity to downgrade to 10.9 or 10.8 just to use this device.

Hello-

This is Cricut Tamara. We are working on resolving the issue with CCR and the 10.10 issue. We appreciate your patience during this time and apoligize for any inconvience this has caused. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact customer serivce at 1-877-7CRICUT and they would be happy to help you out.

laumityler4103e584 Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 5:39:15 PM(UTC)
laumityler4103e584

Tamara, are you even working on making sure the Craft Room will work with the LATEST OS, which is 10.10.1?? I'm going to guess not. I've put so much money into to my Cricut Expressions (the machine, replacement mats, replacement blades, cartridges, pens, etc.) over the years, as I'm sure many other Mac users and haven'teven been able to use any of them for closing in to a year now. At this point, I am over being patient. It is truly unforgivable how inept Cricut/Provo Craft has been in keeping up on top of the latest technology in all the systems you have been supporting over the years.
I am pretty certain there's not a business around--at least one that values it's clients and it's future--that would disagree with me that this issues has definitely NOT been handled professionally.

Oh, and when I emailed customer support yesterday about how terribly this has been handled, I got this reply back (what a joke):

On Nov 13, 2014, at 8:24 AM, support-Cricut <support@cricut.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

We apologize for the frustration, but our software can be used with all versions of MAC. Is there an issue that you are experiencing?

If you have any further questions please feel free to call the number below where one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist you or you are welcome to reply to this email.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer Support
Customer Support Email
support@cricut.com
1-877-727-4288 Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST

I doubt they'll come up with a solution anytime soon, so I'm definitely going to rid myself of this problem and buy a Silhouette Cameo, who has always been incredibly supportive of Mac users. Just shouldn't have to basically start over spending my hard earned money to rebuild my images library, not to mention the expense of buying a new machine. Maybe I can sell my Cricut and my entire stash of supplies and images/cartridges to get back a little of my money.

Thanks for letting me air my grievances.
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#49 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 10:21:31 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sabineeeabacd1 Go to Quoted Post

Considering that they have been "aware" and "working on a fix" for the Gypsy sync problem for nearly a year, unless you are VERY patient (and not very interested in using your present), I'd return it.
leannemacraea5232ad6 Offline
#50 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 7:12:28 PM(UTC)
leannemacraea5232ad6

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

THIS IS INFURIATING!!!!

How much longer is this bull going to go on???

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
jarjanen30032374 Offline
#51 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 3:02:20 PM(UTC)
jarjanen30032374

I am working with IOS 10.10 and I am praying it doesn't take Cricut 6 months to fix this problem. I pay each moth for the subscription and cannot believe that it is useless! I could be spending my money else where. I am considering the Silhouette as an alternative to this headache. I have enjoyed my cricut expression but if this is a ploy to force people to buy the latest machine then it will work but not for Provo craft. Move into this century and fix this now. Everyday you take the better a Silhouette Cameo is looking and Christmas is right around the corner.Mad
CandieSchaal Offline
#52 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 1:34:46 PM(UTC)
CandieSchaal

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I have to say asking us to be patient for a couple of days fine., but not this long. I was using CCR on my Mac fine until my hard drive crashed and I had no choice but to run 10.10.1 IOS X and now my CCR doesn't work. Now I have an expensive paperweight and cartridges I can't use. This is ridiculous and I have decided not to invest in the Explore for this reason.
siobhannordstromc9d2e42c Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:56:30 PM(UTC)
siobhannordstromc9d2e42c

This is unbelievable. After spending 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a circuit representative who knew absolutely nothing about macs their response was we will pass along your feed back but it appears as if craft room is not compatible with the new OS! What the heck kind of response is that. You advertise your product to work with Macs we expect them to work. Maybe you should spend some time educating your staff on the product that they support!Cursing Angry