Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
TurtleBug Offline
#91 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:17:47 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Dee
#4 and Ad Colors - Love the tree cut and embossing, Like the way you worked in the ad colors. I have had the embossing break on me too. I use my water color pencils in a color that matches, mist the tip and just go over it lightly to cover up the breaks. Great male card.
#1 Tall & Skinny and Christmas Ex. Credits - Wow, three-in-one card! LOVE this doily cut, it fits so many types of cards, like the present in the center. I LOVE 5/$1 sales, but our Michael's never really has a good Christmas (single)paper selection, (Joanne's and Hobby Lobby's are better, IMO). I saw the chevron one you used and debated if to get it or not, but I didn't see the cute snowman one you used. I like the way you combined them on this card, though.

Kiethann
#4 - Like the punched ends of the banners, very creative idea! I like using "print" paper and matching it with my "Script" CB folder, I think they complement each other well. Cute flower, it looks so "spongy" like. Nice to offer your card to your neighbor, the sentiment is exactly what her friend needs now.

LisaW.
Lots going on for you, don't wear yourself down, Take care! Pop in when time allows.Smile

Sandra
Thanks for the PM, you have been one busy Bee! My DSIL's Grandma D (93 yrsold) passed 2 years ago and my DSIL's parents had to do what you just went through. Had to have a sale to sell Grandma D's belongings, plus get her 2-story house ready to sell and it was a HUGH job for my DSIL's parents (and, they are up in age, themselves!). OMG, I can just hear my daughter when she has to go through the same with our house...."WHY did my MOM keep this??!!")Laugh

OK, enough chatter....on to your cards!LOL
#1 Tall & Skinny, Ex. Credit "Christmas" and Ad Colors - Love it, so clean and simple. The bright red door looks so pretty against the snow white BG.
#2 - So colorful and bright, the little boy sure is missing someone badly, cute with his just as sad puppy. Too cute card!
#3 - Love the color combo in this card, the curved center is very nice and delicate. Is th butterfly a sticker or a brad, looks nice. Pretty card
#4 & "Food" Ex. Credit - Love the candy jar, did you add each candy cut to it?? The twine around the cap is a nice accent, which cart is the "sweet" cut from, I really like it. Very "sweet" card!

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
SandraCzech on 8/13/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#92 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:27:28 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna
Thank you so much for Hosting this challenge. Loved the sketches (not sure how much I loved #3, it was a challenge for meLOL). Liked all the Ex. Credits you gave us, especially the "Food" one, we never had that one before...it was a fun one.

DeeScraps
Thank you for the Ad Color Challenge, loved the colors you provided. Can't believe I chose to make a Christmas card with them, but happy with the result.

Not sure if I will get any crafting done tomorrow. I am going to my monthly Lunch Date with my high school friends. I will peek in though to see what sunnieday has in store for us. Also, Dee's Ad Challenge for this round.
BingoLady Online
#93 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:06:01 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 1007 time(s) in 687 post(s)
To all of you, wonderful cards.

Donna thank you so much for hosting with your wonderful cards.

And Sunnieday thanks again for hosting the next two weeks.
SandraCzech Offline
#94 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:15:01 AM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Dee
#4 and Ad Colors - Love the tree cut and embossing, Like the way you worked in the ad colors. I have had the embossing break on me too. I use my water color pencils in a color that matches, mist the tip and just go over it lightly to cover up the breaks. Great male card.
#1 Tall & Skinny and Christmas Ex. Credits - Wow, three-in-one card! LOVE this doily cut, it fits so many types of cards, like the present in the center. I LOVE 5/$1 sales, but our Michael's never really has a good Christmas (single)paper selection, (Joanne's and Hobby Lobby's are better, IMO). I saw the chevron one you used and debated if to get it or not, but I didn't see the cute snowman one you used. I like the way you combined them on this card, though.

Kiethann
#4 - Like the punched ends of the banners, very creative idea! I like using "print" paper and matching it with my "Script" CB folder, I think they complement each other well. Cute flower, it looks so "spongy" like. Nice to offer your card to your neighbor, the sentiment is exactly what her friend needs now.

LisaW.
Lots going on for you, don't wear yourself down, Take care! Pop in when time allows.Smile

Sandra
Thanks for the PM, you have been one busy Bee! My DSIL's Grandma D (93 yrsold) passed 2 years ago and my DSIL's parents had to do what you just went through. Had to have a sale to sell Grandma D's belongings, plus get her 2-story house ready to sell and it was a HUGH job for my DSIL's parents (and, they are up in age, themselves!). OMG, I can just hear my daughter when she has to go through the same with our house...."WHY did my MOM keep this??!!")Laugh

OK, enough chatter....on to your cards!LOL
#1 Tall & Skinny, Ex. Credit "Christmas" and Ad Colors - Love it, so clean and simple. The bright red door looks so pretty against the snow white BG.
#2 - So colorful and bright, the little boy sure is missing someone badly, cute with his just as sad puppy. Too cute card!
#3 - Love the color combo in this card, the curved center is very nice and delicate. Is th butterfly a sticker or a brad, looks nice. Pretty card
#4 & "Food" Ex. Credit - Love the candy jar, did you add each candy cut to it?? The twine around the cap is a nice accent, which cart is the "sweet" cut from, I really like it. Very "sweet" card!

Hi TurtleBug:

Thanks for your nice commentary of my cards. The butterfly is a brad - you guessed right. And believe it or not, the "Sweet" is from Mini-Monsters. Who would have guessed??

SandraCzech Offline
#95 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:18:23 AM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Thanks everyone for participating in the challenge this time. I loved seeing
everyone's interpretation of the sketches and extra credit. I enjoyed being the hostess.

Dee - #1 love your Christmas card, that paper is adorable. That die cut is very pretty. I love when they have that 5/$1 sale but try to stay away as I do NOT need anymore

Sandra - WOW so nice to see you back I was worried something happened, but sounds like you have been pretty busy. I know getting ready for a garage sale is a lot of work. I am sure you are glad to have that all behind you.
#1 Christmas I love that door cut isn't it from Joys of the Season? Love all the sparkle and glitter. #2 Cute image and great coloring. Like the little flower cuts. #3 Very pretty color combination. I like that you put the banner on the bottom. #4 very sweet indeed is this card. Great jar full of candies.

Well look forward to seeing what Sunnie has for us this next challenge.

HI NanaDonna:

Thanks for the nice words - glad you liked my cards. The door is from the "Christmas" cartridge.
momof3smurphs293b5a56 Offline
#96 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:35:11 PM(UTC)
momof3smurphs293b5a56

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Is there a new thread for the Sketch Challenge?
TurtleBug Offline
#97 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:09:32 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi!
Not sure what exactly you mean by "new thread". You can check out sketches on "Wednesdays Bi-Weekly Card Sketch Challenge". A new set of sketches, Ad Colors and Ex. Credits is Hosted by Ladies on this thread and posted every other Wednesday.
Please join in, we enjoy lots of fun, creativity and inspiration.Smile
*NanaDonna* Offline
#98 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 7:31:46 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2659 time(s) in 1410 post(s)
Originally Posted by: momof3smurphs293b5a56 Go to Quoted Post
Is there a new thread for the Sketch Challenge?

Here is a link to the current challenge.

Wednesday sketch Challenge