Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<8910
CricutCrazy Offline
#271 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 4:06:12 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1020 time(s) in 739 post(s)
Judy - So glad to have you back in the swap this month, and yes I had noticed your cute little "cherub" - he is sweet ! Being a nurse and massage therapist, I like to use a little "hand" on mine and also have a stamp of hands to use.

Carol - I think they make FLower Soft out of dryer lint ! Honest.

Beverly - Your super GLITTERY and GORGEOUS cards are here....thanks

Merrie - Your adorable "Step" cards are here and the Birthday ones are sooo cute too !

Ladies, I will get pictures posted of these cards soon. I am trying to catch up on a few other things tonight.

You still have 8 more days until mailing date but "the sooner...the better" !! ThumpUp Wub

1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
yenpeso on 9/25/2014(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#272 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 5:36:04 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2164 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Judy - So glad to have you back in the swap this month, and yes I had noticed your cute little "cherub" - he is sweet ! Being a nurse and massage therapist, I like to use a little "hand" on mine and also have a stamp of hands to use.

Carol - I think they make FLower Soft out of dryer lint ! Honest.

Beverly - Your super GLITTERY and GORGEOUS cards are here....thanks

Merrie - Your adorable "Step" cards are here and the Birthday ones are sooo cute too !

Ladies, I will get pictures posted of these cards soon. I am trying to catch up on a few other things tonight.

You still have 8 more days until mailing date but "the sooner...the better" !! ThumpUp Wub

I sure saw a lot of fancy folding cards that my brain just couldn't figure out. Luckily, there were some easy peasy ones, so I was able to do those. Almost done, and probably closer to mail date before sending. Barbara is so particular, I have to really go over them with a fine tooth comb and magnifying glass just incase I missed a hot glue string.
CricutCrazy Offline
#273 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 9:42:54 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: KauaiMelody Go to Quoted Post
I sure saw a lot of fancy folding cards that my brain just couldn't figure out. Luckily, there were some easy peasy ones, so I was able to do those. Almost done, and probably closer to mail date before sending. Barbara is so particular, I have to really go over them with a fine tooth comb and magnifying glass just incase I missed a hot glue string.

YES !!! THAT'S RIGHT !! Don't you dare leave hot glue strings or strands of your hair OhMyGod stuck to the glue on the cards ......... how gross !!! LOL (I have actually found hair stuck to cards before !ThumbDown but it wasnt yours) Razz ThumpUp

If anyone would like some - I have packets of cards to sell that are pre-cut step cards...all white but you add the blocks of color. You get 10 A2 cards for $4.50. Not cheap, but a big time saver !

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#274 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:00:24 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Goodness me, here it is the end of September. The month has gone by so quickly. Hope you all are having a great week. I am anxious to see the cards this month. Last month was a winner for sure. The cards were all so beautiful.

Evelyn
 1 user thanked EvelynRobinson2 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 9/24/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#275 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:07:22 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Yes sweet Evelyn...September is almost gone and I am still asking.... Where did the summer go ? Laugh

Here are pictures of the packages of "Step" Card blanks that I have for sale... I must admit that I have been "cheating" a little and using them to save some time -

CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
SN DIECUTS 1.jpg
SN DIECUTS 2.jpg
SN Diecut3.jpg
iammrshinton Offline
#276 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:09:58 PM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 35 post(s)
JCI - not done with my cards. Have them cut and started doing some stamping. I used a white ink for the first time and when it dried, it still smeared a little. anyone have this problem? Well, its not really a PROBLEM, as I was stamping cobwebs, and the smear actually added to the affect, but.... any tips, trick, comments?

BA
CricutCrazy Offline
#277 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:30:56 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: iammrshinton Go to Quoted Post
JCI - not done with my cards. Have them cut and started doing some stamping. I used a white ink for the first time and when it dried, it still smeared a little. anyone have this problem? Well, its not really a PROBLEM, as I was stamping cobwebs, and the smear actually added to the affect, but.... any tips, trick, comments?

BA

Hi Bethann, I have had the same problem with some white pigments. It helps to take your heat embossing tool and apply some heat to it, or you could always use white embossing powder and apply heat. There must be some white "chalk" in those inks...you know how chalk will smear when you try to wipe it off a surface.
Kiethann Offline
#278 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:57:51 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 703 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Just had to jump in here and comment on Flower Soft. Love it. Have been using it for about 5 years now. It adds dimension to cards without the bulkiness other embellies create. You can even use it to "make" fur on animals you have stamped. I use Aleene's tacky glue with the Flower Soft. Any good white dries clear glue will work. Actually Flower Soft reminds me of those old crumbly foam filled pillows stores passed off as bed pillows. I even used some flower soft in a Halloween swap where I made a potion chest and filled one of the bottles with Flower Soft.
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 9/30/2014(UTC)
NancyHjortness Offline
#279 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 12:24:13 PM(UTC)
NancyHjortness

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 49 post(s)
JCI ----My cards went postal this morning and the tracking number is. 9400110200883358843061. I had a lot of fun making them. I put a place on the back for people to write on as the card is black. Hope people like it -----Have a great week
 1 user thanked NancyHjortness for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#280 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 5:52:43 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 779 time(s) in 615 post(s)
I just have some assembly left to do on the cards tonight. All the pieces are cut, inked, stamped, etc. SO it's just a matter of doing a little assembly line to complete them.

And I was reminded of my annual dr. appt. tomorrow, and the PO is directly across the street from the Dr. office, so how lucky am I? My daughter is even going to be in town for car inspection so she can hold down the fort here at the DayCare while I tend to business.

SO every once in a while everything does line up perfectly and make a task easy! lol

But I swear that's one time out of 100 other times it was a hassle to figure out! lol

Bottom line: my cards will be mailed out tomorrow, the 30th!
KauaiMelody Offline
#281 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 10:15:22 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
I just have some assembly left to do on the cards tonight. All the pieces are cut, inked, stamped, etc. SO it's just a matter of doing a little assembly line to complete them.

And I was reminded of my annual dr. appt. tomorrow, and the PO is directly across the street from the Dr. office, so how lucky am I? My daughter is even going to be in town for car inspection so she can hold down the fort here at the DayCare while I tend to business.

SO every once in a while everything does line up perfectly and make a task easy! lol

But I swear that's one time out of 100 other times it was a hassle to figure out! lol

Bottom line: my cards will be mailed out tomorrow, the 30th!

JCI waving to our hostess and wondering how she keeps all of the swaps straight. Unsure Looks like me and ScrapinGwen will be mailing out at the same time. . Cannot believe the big holidays are upon us so soon - but they are my favorites to craft for. Always a treat getting these cards back each month. Love

1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#282 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:18:38 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 779 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Here is my card: folded up and then "popped up" to display on shelf

Thanks Barb for a fun Halloween Card swap month! My pkg. will be mailed this afternoon.

ScrappinGwen attached the following image(s):
IMG_7369.JPG
IMG_7370.JPG
IMG_7371.JPG
 1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
yenpeso Offline
#283 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:50:51 AM(UTC)
yenpeso

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Barb, my cards were mailed out today. Just a word of warning...they may not be up to swap standard due to the loss of vision in my right eye. You will not hurt my feelings if you would prefer not to include them in the swap. I think I should have tried something simpler, but I had this idea and nothing would do but to give it a try. Let me know what you think when they arrive.

Judy Love
 1 user thanked yenpeso for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#284 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:51:28 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone !! I'm BACK !!!!!!!!!! WOW !! Did I ever have a great time learning from Tim HOltz !! What an awesome teacher he is....Now I see why everybody LOVES him !! Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

So, here is a picture of "MOI" and TH - and the Altered Art "Mixed Media" Canvas we made in class...we got TONS of free "Christmas" gifts from him too - I have to admit I did get a little tired of listening to Christmas music all day in the 90 degree Florida heat ! LOL But, it was worth it !

NANCY - Received your super cute cards today - I will start posting pictures of the cards I have received so far probably tomorrow. I am still trying to get caught up after this past weekend + Monday all day classes...

Looking forward to more super cute Halloween cards, and I will be getting some further instructions posted concerning the OCTOBER and NOVEMBER card requirements in a day or 2. Many thanks to all the participants !

CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
TIM HOLTZ and ME.JPG
101_0789.JPG
iammrshinton Offline
#285 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:06:26 PM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Barb, I missed the post office today, so I will be mailing tomorrow. Sorry! looking forward to seeing all the cards! Sorry you have to click in my file manager isn't letting me in to the properties; ugh!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:19:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
2014-09-30 19.46.30.jpg (2,193kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
2014-09-30 19.46.44.jpg (2,399kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
KauaiMelody Offline
#286 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:30:38 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Gone postal today by my good friend and personal mailer, so handy when I am under the weather or I could not do these swaps.