Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

katyfitz Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:31:34 PM(UTC)
katyfitz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 362 time(s) in 229 post(s)
I just bought the Explore a few hours ago. Came home to set it up and found no set-up instructions in the box. Tips and Tricks -- yes. What's in the Box? -- yes. Instructions on how to make this thing go? -- no. Arghhh!

Found the missing manual online. Okay, maybe we can get this thing going. Still think some instructions in the box would have been a nice touch.

Then I am trying to set up Design Space and find a error message. In trying to find out what is going on I find that several people have been having problems this weekend.

Is this normal?

Explore owners -- is it worth it? Should I return the machine and everything I bought with it and go back to my original Expression and my Imagine an just be happy with them?

I have had my share of problems and frustrations with PC/Cricut since buying my Baby in 2007. Do I have the patience to go through it all again?

Can you even do anything on the Explore without Design Space?
Leanner Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:39:00 PM(UTC)
Leanner

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1557 time(s) in 1145 post(s)
I am sorry that you are having a problem with it. I really like mine and didn't have any issues with set up. What error message are you getting?

You do have to use Design Space to use the Explore.
katyfitz Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:44:29 PM(UTC)
katyfitz

Was thanked: 362 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Leanner -- Thanks for responding.

I have downloaded the missing manual to my iPad and I am going to read through it this evening. I think I will wait to set things up until CS is open. I am a bit concerned since there seem to have been some problems over the weekend with Design Space. I will feel better if I know I can get help if something goes awry. I will post when I have this working.
CricutDani Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:46:15 PM(UTC)
CricutDani

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: katyfitz Go to Quoted Post
I just bought the Explore a few hours ago. Came home to set it up and found no set-up instructions in the box. Tips and Tricks -- yes. What's in the Box? -- yes. Instructions on how to make this thing go? -- no. Arghhh!

Found the missing manual online. Okay, maybe we can get this thing going. Still think some instructions in the box would have been a nice touch.

Then I am trying to set up Design Space and find a error message. In trying to find out what is going on I find that several people have been having problems this weekend.

Is this normal?

Explore owners -- is it worth it? Should I return the machine and everything I bought with it and go back to my original Expression and my Imagine an just be happy with them?

I have had my share of problems and frustrations with PC/Cricut since buying my Baby in 2007. Do I have the patience to go through it all again?

Can you even do anything on the Explore without Design Space?

Hello Katyfitz,

You will want to go to the website listed inside the lid of the machine www.cricut.com/setup and follow the steps. You can find a video on the setup process at the link below: https://www.youtube.com/...D-dsBl7NZUeIJ-NYydzbvRIX for a PC or https://www.youtube.com/...UUenmvBlGmukLZG0ELpS6mRQ for a MAC. If you are using Safari or Internet Explorer I would suggest trying Google Chrome or Firefox.

- Cricut Dani
melodylanedesigns Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:53:56 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1940 time(s) in 953 post(s)
You are also welcome to join our Cricut Design Space Facebook Group. we have over 8200 members who are so nice and very helpful. You get answers 24 hours a day even when Customer service is closed.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DesignSpaceFans/
 2 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Kat on 8/4/2014(UTC), Dewana on 8/7/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Online
#6 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 7:33:24 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8156 time(s) in 4779 post(s)
I have had some problems with Design Space and with my EXPLORE. But, I in no way want to send it back. I think it's an awesome machine.

I think, once we get the hang of everything, this machine will be one of PC's finest (I have always loved my Expression and always got really good cuts with it, so I was leery of buying the EXPLORE. BUT, it will do many things my Expression won't do for me).

As I go along, I am working out my problems with CDSPACE. There are many things that are inferior to me in CDSPACE, since I loved CCR from the beginning. I think CCR is a more superior program to what I needed for my own creations; but, again, I am working more and more things out with CDSPACE as I go along.

Before long, I'm sure I will be saying....I LOVE CDSPACE AND I LOVE MY EXPLORE, just as I have always said about CCR and my Expression!!

Char