Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

46 Pages«<444546
Friend958 Offline
#1351 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:56:57 PM(UTC)
Friend958

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 413 time(s) in 329 post(s)
Hi I've been MIA, needed to focus on getting some things done. Tree and decorations are up. Last year on clearance bought some pine cone lights, one string was not working, glad I paid less than $2 for them, they actually look pretty nice. Several of the icicle light had burn out spots was able to take them to ace to be recycled. Then had to pick up more. got some giant Christmas ordainments to hang on the tree outside. Just the usual going one here.
Trying to make some gift tag and cant find the snowflake stamps I want to use Glare .

Char. Hope you have been able to catch up on stuff and are ready for all your company. My nephew love the Disney movies Cars and Planes I would image your grand son would also.

Shelly. Glad you got some snow to get you in the Christmas spirit. Great deal on the fridge.

Sandra. Were you able to get the coffee mugs and things done?

Bugsy2. How sweet of your son to make something he knew you would treasure.

Joy. Glad your husband is doing better. Did you get the image working. I hope you are able to get a refund on the vacuum for you
dad.

lv2scrap. Hope Abigail is better. Too funny with the phone. your baking sounds yummy. Have fun at your bowling party.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1352 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:25:20 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1553 time(s) in 1244 post(s)
Good Morning.

Nancy, I haven't said anything, but your phone story made me smile out loud! Especially giving a talking box to the mailman. Cute.

I cut out thin black strips and tiny "belt buckles" and made my thumbnail into Santa's coat.

I cut out a poinsettia last night with my Explore that I know I NEVER could have cut with any of my other machines. It had some really detailed layering cuts. It was wonderful!

DH is in the tub. I am glad he has figured out how to get in. We have a really deep tub so he can soak. He gets his stitches out next Monday. Still won't be able to move his arm for six weeks. I guess maybe its a good thing we will be on a ship the majority of January because then he does not feel the need to do anything. He will start physical therapy as soon as we get back home.

No code showing so I will be copying my post!

It took me at least four tries to get the code to show up!
Bugsy2 Offline
#1353 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:58:42 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 493 time(s) in 351 post(s)
Joy, I really hope that your husband heals quickly!!

We are bracing for some freezing rain tonight. Last year much of our area was without electricity for several days over Christmas due to days of freezing rain. It was awful. Not looking forward to a repeat performance.Sad

Take care everyone and stay safe when you are out and about!
Lisa

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1354 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:45:15 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Lisa, BE CAREFUL! Freezing rain an be so awful.

I'm reminiscing now. The day the first space shuttle exploded we had freezing rain. It took DH over two hours to drive to work, a normally 25 minute drive. About 10 minutes after he left the police closed the road out of town. I walked to work that day, and could hardly stand up it was so slick.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1355 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:54:41 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Have any of you seen that SVGcuts is offering a free kit tonight!?! I am so excited! I LOVE their kits. They work like a charm with my Explore.

I am really so glad I have an Explore. I don't really like always having to use my computer with it, but I guess that is why I keep my other machines.

I cut a poinsettia last night that I NEVER would have been able to cut with one of my other machines. It was very detailed, and I cut it with just paper. But I guess I said this already. :D
CricketCMV Offline
#1356 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:58:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
FRIEND….we missed you! Glad you’re getting so much done. I got all the ornaments on our tree (that I’m going to put on). Debating whether or not to put balls on….it’s so crowded. There’s still room at the bottom for our DGS to hang some on, though.
We have a neighbor (two streets over and on Main Street) who made his own BALLS. They are huge and he has about fifteen hanging around in his trees around his property. He has some of the tree trunks covered with white lights and the balls are all sorts of colors. They are beautiful. We don’t know how he made them; we’re going to find out!
We don’t do anything outside….it all has to be from my bay window and I have kept it quiet this year. I did put up some icycle lights at the top hanging down from a sheer rod I don’t use and have laid about nine glass blocks I made over the years (before CRICUT) in the window. I plan to get some standing LED lights to place behind them….battery….to light them from behind and/or I may just place another string of lights down on the floor of the bay window to help show those off a little more than they do right now. On a bed of cotton fluff, maybe? Haven’t decided, as yet.

JOY….what do you mean you made your “thumbnail” into Santa’s coat? I’m not getting it! LOL….sorry. I know it’s simple; can’t figure it out, though. The belt buckles sound really cute. There were several times today I didn’t get a code, either. AND, there were a couple of times I KNOW I had it in right….it said I didn’t! I hope we don’t have to do those codes forever; hate taking the time…but, I do know why. IT IS GREAT you will be on a trip while DH is not supposed to move that arm. That will help his wait time go much, much quicker.

LISA….yes…be careful out in the freezing rain!!

JO…..I agree….the EXPLORE is a lot of fun for all it can do for us!!

TIRED….everyone….have a great THURSDAY!

Char