Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
PaperCraft65 Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 9:04:12 AM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 172 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Quote:
What "paper" do will we use to fill in the cuts? Anything we want? I have BUNCHES of digital papers. And it would be great to be able to take a pic or scan papers I have that I like to flood my images. Just curious.

Since the Explore P&C ins't released yet - this is just pure guess work and comparison to my Silhouette Cameo's procedure.

I am able to fill my images - for example I made Lori Whitlock 3D strawberries. I had some pink and red digital papers. I "filled" the strawberry outline with the paper - I did several different papers.

I have also taken a digital paper and even a photograph and just placed it on the cut - not fill in, but just placing it there. I printed, then cut with my machine. Both techniques yield about the same result, but if you are trying to place a certain part of the paper/photo on a specific part of the design - it is easier to just lay the paper there, instead of filling the design - hope this makes sense! :)

joyfullycrafting Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 12:27:18 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PaperCraft65 Go to Quoted Post
Since the Explore P&C ins't released yet - this is just pure guess work and comparison to my Silhouette Cameo's procedure.

I am able to fill my images - for example I made Lori Whitlock 3D strawberries. I had some pink and red digital papers. I "filled" the strawberry outline with the paper - I did several different papers.

I have also taken a digital paper and even a photograph and just placed it on the cut - not fill in, but just placing it there. I printed, then cut with my machine. Both techniques yield about the same result, but if you are trying to place a certain part of the paper/photo on a specific part of the design - it is easier to just lay the paper there, instead of filling the design - hope this makes sense! :)

Thanks! I hope we can use any digital paper or picture file to fill in the cuts. I have printed papers and cut them before. I scanned denim one time, printed it, then cut jeans.
CricketCMV Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 4:43:33 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
I just have a print and cut question.

What "paper" do will we use to fill in the cuts? Anything we want? I have BUNCHES of digital papers. And it would be great to be able to take a pic or scan papers I have that I like to flood my images. Just curious.

If you have a printer that will feed your cardstock and other papers you want to use through, then, I would say you can use a lot of different kinds of papers.

My OLD HP Printer will take a lot of materials through the rollers; however, my newer KODAK ESP 5210 is very, very finicky. I have a hard time taking anything through easily BESIDES plain old copier paper.

I can't wait for PRINT THEN CUT!

Char
joyfullycrafting Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 5:30:22 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
We have an old HP Photosmart printer, and it is a workhorse! LOVE it. A wireless printer would be nice, but this one does such a good job, I don't think I am ready to part with it. I only wish it had a scanner. We have an ancient HP printer that won't print or copy any more, but it can scan.
scrapalette Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 6:31:49 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reminder, GypsyB....... "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"............. No reason to drag negativity and/or gossip from one social media site to another. Always better to address the problem where it occurs with that person......

Well, you sure posted a lot of links to other places where PC was trashed. And yet, nothing about any resolution from PC. . .like giving every Circle member who joined in the initial membership a free month because the perks weren't ready by changing the start of the Circle year from July 1 to Aug 1.

Like a pancake, there's always too sides. Huh
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Lilygirl on 8/16/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 7:04:30 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1940 time(s) in 931 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Well, you sure posted a lot of links to other places where PC was trashed. And yet, nothing about any resolution from PC. . .like giving every Circle member who joined in the initial membership a free month because the perks weren't ready by changing the start of the Circle year from July 1 to Aug 1.

Like a pancake, there's always too sides. Huh

The purpose of my 21-point post (or company history as you called it) was to explain that the suit wasn't the only reason that people are upset with Cricut. I wasn't tattling on anyone. The links I posted were to footnote and verify some of my points. I was making the point that people bash for many reasons not just "the suit"....... I am sorry it upset you...... the points upset me also when i saw all 21 of them posted in black and white. My husband thinks I am crazy to support a company that has a "history" like that. Then I remind him he subscribes to the most hated cable TV company :-) We laugh and move on........

The late start with the Circle was just one of several problems, I didn't want to take the time to document them all.

I just suggested that if a person has a problem with what is posted on another site that the matter be handled on that site with the OP.....not brought to another board. I didn't have a problem with any of the links i posted...... there was nothing for me to resolve....... I didn't see them as bashing but as real complaints from real people with specific issues...... as you referred to it.......a history of the company.

Yes, there are 2 sides to every story..... I respect yours, I just don't agree with it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me....... Enjoy your final weeks of summer :-)

Returning this thread to the discussion Print and Cut........ I am excited to see what Cricut has to offer.... I hope PC's version of PnC knocks my socks off.....

Edited by user Wednesday, August 06, 2014 7:44:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 8/6/2014(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 8/6/2014(UTC)
Kut-n-Print Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:09:55 PM(UTC)
Kut-n-Print

Was thanked: 906 time(s) in 439 post(s)
For those who want to understand what PixScan is and isn't, I have a Q&A on my blog.
http://cleversomeday.wor...com/2014/08/06/pixscan1/
Assuming it works (early reports are mixed) this raises the bar for print and cut, which is good news for everyone.
 1 user thanked Kut-n-Print for this useful post.
Lilygirl on 8/16/2014(UTC)