Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
*NanaDonna* Offline
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:28:34 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Hello all it has been a busy week around here. I have my sketch #3 almost done hopefully I will have it done and ready to post tomorrow.
I will try and get the extra credit sketch done too but not sure if I will.
We will be leaving town on Monday to go to Colorado and see Miss Emma and her new little
brother, can't wait.
I know I know that gives me 4 days to get the card made but I am not that speedy LOL
TurtleBug Offline
#62 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:32:19 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
DeeScraps
#3 and Ad Colors - Very cute image, the snowflake paper is nice. Like the way you worked in the small touches of the turquoise ad color.
#4 - How creative to use the musical notes this way...such a delicate cut, and perfect embossing
folder. Three simple elements and such a pretty card!
#2 - You really are getting some Christmas cards done! What better colors for a Christmas card than red, green and white? This card is very colorful and like the holly wreath matching the panel pattern.

NanaDonna
#4 - LOVE the "love" heart and simple embossing, great CAS card. On my screen the card looks white with black, are the oultines a dark purple, like the Bride's color theme?

Omar
There you are, you busy man!
#4 - Another great creation from you! Love the "starry night" background and the way the vellum banner allows the whole BG to show through. Cute how you dotted the "i" with a heart. You have very nice handwriting, I don't think I would be brave enough to ruin one of my own cards using my own handwritingLaugh. Love how you staged the card... all black and the light looks like a bright meteor.

Sandra
Congrats to you, all done and you still have a week left!!Laugh
#1 and Ad Colors - Like the sentiment, is it a stamp or cut? Like the two-sided banner and cute birdcage. Very nice and soothing get well card.
#2 - This is a 100% male card, colors and paper pattern are very manly. Your birthday sentiment and the medallion look very nice, and also great to use for a male card.
First #3 - How cute!! Love the image and purple theme of this card, are the flower embellies brads or stick-ons?
Second #3 - Can't decide which version I like best, they are both so pretty!! I like the floral BG papers, the purple theme and so cute image on both cards. I choose #1 cause my favorite color is yellow and I like the yellow bird.Smile
#4 - Very colorful, I couldn't help but think of the Olympic rings (which is a good feeling) when I saw this card. Like the block font, the layering of all the cuts and how the stars seem to be shooting out.
Extra Crdit - Love the way you interpreted the Ex. Credit sketch and still got the three pockets in there. Honestly, I had quite a challenge getting this sketch done...had a hard time fitting all the pockets in, managed it as best I could. LOVE all the details you put into it and the sentiment on there looks neat!

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
SandraCzech on 8/20/2014(UTC), Omar on 8/24/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:07:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

YAY!!!
Finished all my cards early as I planned to, now I can work on my other projects until our next challenge.

My Ex. Credit Card:
"Hello" - STAMPING cartridge
Embossing - "Spots and Dots" Cuttlebug folder
Pattern Paper - Single sheet rack
Tags - ARTISTE cartridge
Cuts and triangles - Cut on paper cutter
I added a drop of white Ranger Enamel Accents to each tag.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:09:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraCzech Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:08:50 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
DeeScraps
#3 and Ad Colors - Very cute image, the snowflake paper is nice. Like the way you worked in the small touches of the turquoise ad color.
#4 - How creative to use the musical notes this way...such a delicate cut, and perfect embossing
folder. Three simple elements and such a pretty card!
#2 - You really are getting some Christmas cards done! What better colors for a Christmas card than red, green and white? This card is very colorful and like the holly wreath matching the panel pattern.

NanaDonna
#4 - LOVE the "love" heart and simple embossing, great CAS card. On my screen the card looks white with black, are the oultines a dark purple, like the Bride's color theme?

Omar
There you are, you busy man!
#4 - Another great creation from you! Love the "starry night" background and the way the vellum banner allows the whole BG to show through. Cute how you dotted the "i" with a heart. You have very nice handwriting, I don't think I would be brave enough to ruin one of my own cards using my own handwritingLaugh. Love how you staged the card... all black and the light looks like a bright meteor.

Sandra
Congrats to you, all done and you still have a week left!!Laugh
#1 and Ad Colors - Like the sentiment, is it a stamp or cut? Like the two-sided banner and cute birdcage. Very nice and soothing get well card.
#2 - This is a 100% male card, colors and paper pattern are very manly. Your birthday sentiment and the medallion look very nice, and also great to use for a male card.
First #3 - How cute!! Love the image and purple theme of this card, are the flower embellies brads or stick-ons?
Second #3 - Can't decide which version I like best, they are both so pretty!! I like the floral BG papers, the purple theme and so cute image on both cards. I choose #1 cause my favorite color is yellow and I like the yellow bird.Smile
#4 - Very colorful, I couldn't help but think of the Olympic rings (which is a good feeling) when I saw this card. Like the block font, the layering of all the cuts and how the stars seem to be shooting out.
Extra Crdit - Love the way you interpreted the Ex. Credit sketch and still got the three pockets in there. Honestly, I had quite a challenge getting this sketch done...had a hard time fitting all the pockets in, managed it as best I could. LOVE all the details you put into it and the sentiment on there looks neat!

Hi Turtlebug:

Thanks for your positive comments!

To answer your questions, #1 - the sentiment is a stamp and #3 - the flowers are stick on flower gems that have been hanging around my house for a long time. If I never bought anything else except glue and tape, I probably could make cards for a couple of years before I run out of "stuff".

1 user thanked SandraCzech for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 8/20/2014(UTC)
SandraCzech Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:46:39 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Finally, I'm getting to the card comments. First, you all do such a great job of interpreting the card sketches.

Sunnieday I really enjoyed your sketches - they were a nice challenge!
#1 - Very pretty card - great embossing.
#2 - This card is so pretty and feminine looking. Very nice!
#3 - Love the colors>
#4 - Cute! Especially like the sentiment.
Extra credit card - so cute. Love your pockets.
And last, your granddaughter is darling - gorgeous blue eyes.

DeeScraps[/b]
Thanks for the fun challenge colors - they were fun to work with.
#3 - what a cute card! I really like your little girl stamp.
#4 - Very pretty. Red, white and black are my favorite color combination. Your scale and notes are so perfect.
#2 - What a pretty Christmas card - I like your wreath - is it a cricut cut or a die? I'm jealous - I haven't even thought about making Christmas cards yet.

BingoLady
#1 - Very pretty. I love your layered butterfly.
#2 - What a pretty Chirstmas card. Everything goes together so well.

Omar
#4 - As usual, this is another striking card.I really like the blending of the different blues and your white embossed stars. Another great job.

Turtebug
#2 - this is an excellent card! Everything about it is just perfect.
#3 - What a happy looking Happy Birthday card. Very nice.
#1 - Another pretty card. Your butterfly pops on that red background.
#4 - Nice! Love the colors - papers - everything.
Extra Credit - I like your blue paper - it looks like blue bricks! Congrats on getting the pockets on. Very cute card.

NanaDonna
#1 - Great card - everything coordinates so well.
#2 = Nice. I like your center cut and the borders.
#4 - This is a "WOW" card. You nailed the sketch. Love it.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I'll pick you up on the next round of comments.

PS - please excuse the errors/typing. My laptop is actually on my lap - makes it difficult to type!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:47:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked SandraCzech for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 8/21/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#66 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:56:54 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I got my #3 done and I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
I cut the oval using my Explore as well as the banner.
The image and sentiment are Wild Rose stamps.
I colored the image with my Copic markers. The flowers I had cut for some
time I don't remember where they are from.Blushing

Hope to get started on the last card today.
SandraCzech Offline
#67 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 8:28:11 AM(UTC)
SandraCzech

NanaDonna - Love your card! Great colors and a fantastic coloring job + I love that elephant!
BingoLady Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:27:43 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)
To all of you ,all your cards are wonderful. I love all the colors and décor.
Sorry I will not be able to comment on each card. I'm saving my penniesBigGrin to
buy me a computer. Mine gave out. I'm using my daughters, but I use it when I can.
I,m going to post my # 3 sketch and post before she wakes up.BigGrin
BingoLady Offline
#69 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:42:08 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 3 sketch
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
002.jpg
Omar Offline
#70 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 3:37:10 PM(UTC)
Omar

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Ok, so here's my Sketch#1
I interpreted literally, but decided to throw some me in it, so I made a custom SVG for the butterfly.
I used Sizzix butterflies #4 embossing folder and the great rhinestones I got in the mail last week from The Crafts Outlet.
I used plain cardstock (I'm not as polished as Nanna Donna or Turtlebug with printed paper)And used some Foam tape to give it dimension.
I'm amazed at how well the explore cut this intricate design, the card is only 4.25 x 5.5 in. Gotta love the explore.Love

Edited by user Friday, August 22, 2014 3:42:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Omar attached the following image(s):
_MG_6998.jpg
_MG_7000.jpg
_MG_7002.jpg
_MG_7003.jpg
DeeScraps Offline
#71 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 7:43:48 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 751 time(s) in 582 post(s)
Nana Donna...Your #3 card is very pretty. The Wild Rose stamp is adorable and I love how you colored it. The flowers also came out nice.

Have fun with your family and have a safe trip.

Bingo lady...So sorry that you're without a computer, and I hope you can get one soon. It's nice that you can use your daughter's computer.

Your #3 is very nice. I like that patterned paper and color combo. The buttons and ties look nice. Are the hearts also buttons?

Omar...what a striking card. The simple embossed white really shows off the butterfly. At first I thought you colored it, but I checked your blog and see that it's paper pieced. Very nice.

Sandra...In answer to your question, I used a Spellbinder Nestability on the Christmas card. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a flower or not, but I've used it several times for a poinsettia.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Omar on 8/24/2014(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 10:45:28 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

I just wanted to say that I will do the next challenge if that is OK with everyone?

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Omar on 8/24/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#73 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 12:41:50 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
I just wanted to say that I will do the next challenge if that is OK with everyone?

Dee

Sounds great Dee thanks for jumping in. I will be gone the first part of it but will try and jump in when I get back.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#74 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 12:55:41 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my extra credit sketch.
It reminded me of pockets so I cut them using Artiste and stuffed a small
piece of kleenex in each one. I also added some faux stitching.
The get well soon is a Rubbernecker stamp, and the corners are cut from Art Philosophy.
TFL
Omar Offline
#75 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:41:44 PM(UTC)
Omar

My #3 sketch
Hope you like it.
Details in my blog.
www.awesomesvgs.blogspot.com
I'm really having a hard time with #2, but I promise to work on it tomorrow.

Edited by user Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:43:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

_MG_7004.jpg
Omar Offline
#76 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:15:09 PM(UTC)
Omar

Here Are my comments on your work ladies.
Sunnie
Your extra credit is so cool, Are those lines you made?. Makes the pockets look like shirt pockets.

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Boy I haven't heard that word in a very long time LOL! re: psychedelic

Thanks for the compliment on the papers I use. Believe me it isn't easy, more times than not it takes me way longer to pick out my papers then it does to make the card. It is not unusual for me to take an hour or 2 to pick out the paper, not to mention change my mind about 10 times in the process

NanaDonna
I know what you mean about not being sure and going back and forth through all your stash. I have a few and sometimes can't decide.
Sketch #2 Where did you get the yellow cut? It is very intricate and works great with the pattern on the sides-
Sketch #3The coloring of the stamp is so pretty, I've learned a lot from you. Now I want Copic Markers!
Extra Credit The faux stitching look great. I love how you switched the color of the corner embellishments. Great idea to use the cutouts. What kinda ink did you use for the get well soon stamp?

BingoLady
Your christmas card is so simple and pretty. The embossing folder gives it very nice dimension.
Sketch#3 Nice paper! I learned today to leave the string hanging from buttons, looks very good.

TurtleBug
Sketch #3 is so pretty, the paper has a watercolor kinda vibe that I love. You just reminded me of the ad color and the extra credit.
Sketch #1 The color remind me of a strawberry field. Very pretty!
Sketch #4 Pretty sharp embossing! love the color combo!
Extra credit I like the way you added the enamel accents to the tags, they look pined to the background. The color combination is one of my favourite.

Dee
Sketch #3 Your card is so pretty. It reminded me of a story my mom told us when we were little about a girl that sold matches... great memories. A tip for when you take the photo: flash your phone light at a 30° angle, that way the Stickles shine.
Sketch #4 Love the interpretation with the notes and the elongated heart.
Sketch #2 I see you are getting your christmas cards ready. I like the flower very much.

Sandra
Sketch #1 I really liked the banner, what cartridge is that from?
Sketch #2 Isn't the Explore great? I try to use the writing feature as much as I can. It came out great
Sketch #3 The image is so cute! and the coordinating paper work very well with it.
Sketch #4 The color combination is great!, I'm thinking of taking it into consideration for my next blog project spoiler alert

Extra credit is so fun and it would make a great postcard to send while on vacations.

I hope I didn't leave anybody out.
I just realized I hadn't commented in a while.

This is my #2 Sketch The details are in my blog My Blog

Have a great week everybody!!

Edited by user Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:21:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

_MG_7017.jpg
 1 user thanked Omar for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 8/24/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#77 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 6:41:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Happy Sunday everyone!!Smile

Dee
THANK YOU so much for volunteering to Host our next challenge...I'm sure you will have some great sketches for us, looking forward to them.

NanaDonna
#3 - So pretty love the stamp and cute Baby elephant, nice job on the soft coloring of the flowers. LOve the color combo, too.
Ex. Credit -So colorful, makes a great Get Well card, love the demin pockets with the faux stitching, the scalloped corners are nice and the tissue just might come in handy, too! I once made a similar card for a sick friend with the tissue sticking out of a tissue box...fun to make, not so fun to have to send to someone.Sad
Have a great, fun and safe time in Colorado!

BingoLady
Sorry about your computer problems, but glad your new one is on it's way. Hope you will be able to participate more and finish your sketches.
Sorry, your #3 card will not open up larger for me, but I do see some very colorful paper and what looks like pink ribbon and bows.

Omar
#1 - Another awesome card! Beautiful butterfly and bright, bold colors. Your embossing folder is so pretty, love this colorful butterfly against the pure white embossing. The bling matches the butterfly perfectly. I went to your blog and checked out the Crafts Outlet store....and what a great deal on that TON of rhinestones, I love all the colors they offer, you have become such an enabler!!Laugh
#3 - Halloween already?!! Very cute card, the web at the corner looks neat and all the 3-D cuts and "Mummy" look great on the white textured oval cardstock, Cute! Cute!
#2 - You mentioned earlier you were having a hard time with this sketch, I think you interpreted the sketch very well. You always come up with some very good ideas and this card I love! It looks like the flash actually "clicked" with the bright sunburst of light, like the effect of it.

DeeScraps Offline
#78 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:10:23 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna: Very nice extra credit card. For some reason I'm having trouble with this sketch. I think I need to make it on a bigger card....? Anyway, you nailed it.

Omar: I just love your Halloween card, as I'm very partial to Halloween and colored images. I can tell that you will soon be hooked on Copics, not to mention patterned papers. The smaller packs are great for card making. I find I mostly buy 6 x 6 now.

You next card is also great. You incorporated so many things into it.

I hope I have haven't missed anyone. Lots of nice cards again this week.

Dee
*NanaDonna* Offline
#79 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:12:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Omar;1875018
NanaDonna
I know what you mean about not being sure and going back and forth through all your stash. I have a few and sometimes can't decide.
Sketch #2 Where did you get the yellow cut? It is very intricate and works great with the pattern on the sides-
Sketch #3The coloring of the stamp is so pretty, I've learned a lot from you. Now I want Copic Markers!
Extra Credit The faux stitching look great. I love how you switched the color of the corner embellishments. Great idea to use the cutouts. What kinda ink did you use for the get well soon stamp?
[b wrote:

OMAR that cut is from the Home for the Holidays cartridge, one I do not have but had access to it during my 2 week free subscription. I wanted to test out my Explore on some intricate cuts when I got my replacement and this was one of the cuts. I was happy when I was putting this card together that I was able to use it.
I love my Copics but still learning how to color and shade properly. Copics are very very addicting, I am the kind of person that never seems to have the "right" color so I had to keep buying them. I don't even want to admit how many I have. LOL
Thanks for the compliment about learning a lot from me, but that goes both ways you are pretty amazing by your own right with creating SVGs something I would not even attempt.

Great cards everyone, wish I could comment individually but have to go pack, we leave at 4 am for our LONG trip to Colorado. I am so excited to see my great-grandchildren who are landing right now in Phoenix AZ we will not see them till we pick them up in the morning.

Will try and check in on Tuesday when we get all settled in to the cabin we rented up in the mountains in Colorado, we are supposed to have internet access.

Edited by user Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:38:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#80 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 3:40:13 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna: I meant to ask you what kind of white ink you used on the "Get Well" in your extra-credit card? I've been wanting to buy some, just wasn't sure which one would work the best.

Your trip sounds great. Enjoy.

Here is my Extra-Credit card. I'm not happy with it and would love everyones opinion as to what they would add to the card. I have some ideas, but I'm always open to suggestions.

Some papers were scraps and others were from a small Martha Stewart Halloween pack that I bought about two years ago. The Spiderweb is also a Martha Stewart corner punch. The pumpkin was cut from a sheet of paper and the ghosts and bat are stickers that I've had for so long that I can't remember when I bought them. LOL.

Thanks for looking,

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
BingoLady Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:04:46 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello to all of you, Wonderful cards to all of you. I'll be getting my computer
next week so I'll be able to take my time and comment on all the wonderful cards.
We had a storm last night, now my daughters computer is so slow. It took forever
to turn on this morning.

Dee that is so nice of you to host next.

Sunnieday thanks for hosting, sorry I was not able to finish my sketches.
DeeScraps Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:36:29 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Bingolady, I'm so glad that you will be getting a new computer.

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:14:32 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

Here is my Extra-Credit card. I'm not happy with it and would love everyones opinion as to what they would add to the card. I have some ideas, but I'm always open to suggestions.
Some papers were scraps and others were from a small Martha Stewart Halloween pack that I bought about two years ago. The Spiderweb is also a Martha Stewart corner punch. The pumpkin was cut from a sheet of paper and the ghosts and bat are stickers that I've had for so long that I can't remember when I bought them. LOL.
Thanks for looking,
Dee

[img=http://][/img]

DeeScraps
Ex. Credit - So cute and colorful, love all the details! The chevron design is so trendy right now and this background looks great. All the Halloween cuts look so cute coming out of the squares and the spider web cuts at the corners tie in all the other details nicely. I think it looks so cute as it is....the only addition I can think of is to maybe mat the squares with some orange to breakup the chevron background from the pattern of the squares??

Edited by user Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:16:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:53:05 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

That's a great idea TurtleBug. As I was doing it, I kept thinking that I should have matted the chevron paper on orange, but I didn't want to take it apart because I had really glued down the paper and didn't want to take a chance of it tearing. What I plan on doing is adding some twine around the squares...and if I can, I will go ahead and outline them in orange.

Thanks, Dee
Kiethann Offline
#85 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:14:23 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
Dee how about doing Diamond sticles on the spider webs and or adding some jewel bling to some of the black dots.

Everyone, I have enjoyed looking at your cards. So sorry I was not able to comment on them individually or make any this round. Hope to be able to do both for the next bi-weekly sketch challenge.
TurtleBug Offline
#86 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:52:01 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

sunnie
Thank you for Hosting this challenge, and for the sketches and samples you provided. Hope you decide to Host again, soon.

Dee,
Thanks for another great Ad Color Challenge these past two weeks.