Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

46 Pages«<444546
Friend958 Offline
#1351 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:56:57 PM(UTC)
Friend958

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 413 time(s) in 329 post(s)
Hi I've been MIA, needed to focus on getting some things done. Tree and decorations are up. Last year on clearance bought some pine cone lights, one string was not working, glad I paid less than $2 for them, they actually look pretty nice. Several of the icicle light had burn out spots was able to take them to ace to be recycled. Then had to pick up more. got some giant Christmas ordainments to hang on the tree outside. Just the usual going one here.
Trying to make some gift tag and cant find the snowflake stamps I want to use Glare .

Char. Hope you have been able to catch up on stuff and are ready for all your company. My nephew love the Disney movies Cars and Planes I would image your grand son would also.

Shelly. Glad you got some snow to get you in the Christmas spirit. Great deal on the fridge.

Sandra. Were you able to get the coffee mugs and things done?

Bugsy2. How sweet of your son to make something he knew you would treasure.

Joy. Glad your husband is doing better. Did you get the image working. I hope you are able to get a refund on the vacuum for you
dad.

lv2scrap. Hope Abigail is better. Too funny with the phone. your baking sounds yummy. Have fun at your bowling party.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1352 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:25:20 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1556 time(s) in 1246 post(s)
Good Morning.

Nancy, I haven't said anything, but your phone story made me smile out loud! Especially giving a talking box to the mailman. Cute.

I cut out thin black strips and tiny "belt buckles" and made my thumbnail into Santa's coat.

I cut out a poinsettia last night with my Explore that I know I NEVER could have cut with any of my other machines. It had some really detailed layering cuts. It was wonderful!

DH is in the tub. I am glad he has figured out how to get in. We have a really deep tub so he can soak. He gets his stitches out next Monday. Still won't be able to move his arm for six weeks. I guess maybe its a good thing we will be on a ship the majority of January because then he does not feel the need to do anything. He will start physical therapy as soon as we get back home.

No code showing so I will be copying my post!

It took me at least four tries to get the code to show up!
Bugsy2 Offline
#1353 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:58:42 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 500 time(s) in 355 post(s)
Joy, I really hope that your husband heals quickly!!

We are bracing for some freezing rain tonight. Last year much of our area was without electricity for several days over Christmas due to days of freezing rain. It was awful. Not looking forward to a repeat performance.Sad

Take care everyone and stay safe when you are out and about!
Lisa

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1354 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:45:15 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Lisa, BE CAREFUL! Freezing rain an be so awful.

I'm reminiscing now. The day the first space shuttle exploded we had freezing rain. It took DH over two hours to drive to work, a normally 25 minute drive. About 10 minutes after he left the police closed the road out of town. I walked to work that day, and could hardly stand up it was so slick.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1355 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:54:41 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Have any of you seen that SVGcuts is offering a free kit tonight!?! I am so excited! I LOVE their kits. They work like a charm with my Explore.

I am really so glad I have an Explore. I don't really like always having to use my computer with it, but I guess that is why I keep my other machines.

I cut a poinsettia last night that I NEVER would have been able to cut with one of my other machines. It was very detailed, and I cut it with just paper. But I guess I said this already. :D
CricketCMV Offline
#1356 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:58:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
FRIEND….we missed you! Glad you’re getting so much done. I got all the ornaments on our tree (that I’m going to put on). Debating whether or not to put balls on….it’s so crowded. There’s still room at the bottom for our DGS to hang some on, though.
We have a neighbor (two streets over and on Main Street) who made his own BALLS. They are huge and he has about fifteen hanging around in his trees around his property. He has some of the tree trunks covered with white lights and the balls are all sorts of colors. They are beautiful. We don’t know how he made them; we’re going to find out!
We don’t do anything outside….it all has to be from my bay window and I have kept it quiet this year. I did put up some icycle lights at the top hanging down from a sheer rod I don’t use and have laid about nine glass blocks I made over the years (before CRICUT) in the window. I plan to get some standing LED lights to place behind them….battery….to light them from behind and/or I may just place another string of lights down on the floor of the bay window to help show those off a little more than they do right now. On a bed of cotton fluff, maybe? Haven’t decided, as yet.

JOY….what do you mean you made your “thumbnail” into Santa’s coat? I’m not getting it! LOL….sorry. I know it’s simple; can’t figure it out, though. The belt buckles sound really cute. There were several times today I didn’t get a code, either. AND, there were a couple of times I KNOW I had it in right….it said I didn’t! I hope we don’t have to do those codes forever; hate taking the time…but, I do know why. IT IS GREAT you will be on a trip while DH is not supposed to move that arm. That will help his wait time go much, much quicker.

LISA….yes…be careful out in the freezing rain!!

JO…..I agree….the EXPLORE is a lot of fun for all it can do for us!!

TIRED….everyone….have a great THURSDAY!

Char
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1357 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:09:08 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

My nails are painted red. On my thumb I put Santa's belt. So it looks like Santa's coat.

I got slammed with a sinus headache last night. I am sure some of that was exhaustion, too, taking care of DH. Much better this morning, but still not great.

The man that is staying with us gave me an amazing neck/shoulder rub. He did some physical therapy in the Navy. He will be starting school in January to be a physician's assistant.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/19/2014(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#1358 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 10:26:09 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 277 post(s)
NANCY - Loved the story about the phone. Hope you had a good time at your party.

Friend - Nice you were able to get your decorations and lights up. I bet the pinecone lights are cute!

Lisa - Be careful with the freezing rain. Haven't experienced it much, but when I have it was scary.

Char - Your window sounds so fun! Would love to see it. I really miss decorating for Christmas this year!

Joy - Did you get the money back for your dad? I sure hope so! Bet your nails are cute. Hope your sinus headache goes away. So glad that Merle is doing better. You have a lot of cruises coming up! I bet you are excited. We want to go somewhere in January, but I don't know if will or where. DD would need to make babysitting arrangements, and it is kinda hard.

Well my card kit FINALLY came. It is quite a nice kit. I am having trouble getting some of the stuff to stick well, especially on the glitter items. I have stuff in storage that would work well. DH is not a fan of me going to get more stuff for them, so I am trying to make it work with what I can get at Walmart. I am doing lots of babysitting, so only have the evenings to work on them. Only have a few more to get done though.

Went and met with our builder today. They said I should be done by February 10th!! That's not too far away. They have the tubs and showers in. Electrical is in, most of the plumbing. They are going to insulate tomorrow and put up the drywall on Monday. Seems like it shouldn't take that long to finish, but oh well. I'm sure we will have a blizzard that week to make moving fun!
CricketCMV Offline
#1359 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 8:27:20 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
My nails are painted red. On my thumb I put Santa's belt. So it looks like Santa's coat.

I got slammed with a sinus headache last night. I am sure some of that was exhaustion, too, taking care of DH. Much better this morning, but still not great.

The man that is staying with us gave me an amazing neck/shoulder rub. He did some physical therapy in the Navy. He will be starting school in January to be a physician's assistant.

JOY.....hope your headache is resolved (praying for it for you right now)!!!! You know what I believe about prayer? That God knew I was going to pray for that for you, so you probably don't have it anymore today. Hope he granted that one for you!! We never know what His timing is for helping us out.

Haha....I've never used nail polish all that much, so I wasn't thinking "nails" when you said "thumb"; although, you might have said nails, too.

Char

Edited by user Friday, December 19, 2014 8:28:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#1360 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 8:36:53 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

SHELLY....excited for you and your move.

Do you have any Aleene's Tacky Glue? Or, any tacky glue? I use it all the time for touchups at the end of all my cards (sometimes there might be a little edge that won't stay down). BUT, for the glittery things you're having trouble with...well, I would lay down a little tacky on the card itself and lay down a little on the back of your glittery (well more than a little if the piece is big) and let it in the air for three or five minutes then go back and PRESS the glittery piece onto the glob on your card.

When I'm doing edges, I just run a little Aleene's into the area with the very end tip of one of my smallest paint brushes and press together. If it oozes out, I just wipe it away with a paper towel.

Hope you have something that works.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#1361 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 8:49:59 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I know everyone must be very busy right now; I know I am.

As you know, we have been going through every room in our home, practically, (I don't know why I said WE, because DH really will have nothing to do with going through and purging stuff we don't need....maybe because I yell at him every time he starts to get rid of something?)....to make more sense of our home!! Oh, my. The things I've gotten myself into. I have ALWAYS messed my home up BIG time to get it back in good order. BUT, it is a good feeling to do some of the deep cleaning that hardly ever gets done.

When our parents used to DEEP CLEAN in the SPRING and in the FALL....I don't remember them taking everything out of closets and going through those things that were always "there" but never brought out for inspection. They did wash all the curtains and washed down all the ceilings and walls....but never the closets. They just stayed the same.

Anyway, this morning, I should get the last of the stuff I have drug out (including bins of things for the tree) put back away. Tomorrow, DH will vacuum ALL over for me (we'll go behind pictures, which we have done lately, anyway, tip up the couches to go under....etc.! Kind of a DEEP CLEANING of the furniture (LOL).....and I will be dusting every little space in our rooms (some have had touchups since our last cleaning a month or so ago).

Oh, and it's not that DH doesn't do anything; he has been busy this week polyurethaning bedroom doors (he started this in the SPRING, so some of the work is already done) that have been down to bare wood the past fifteen years or so. I just keep dusting over them. They were very rough. ANYWAY, ALL the doors in our home (in the next few hours), plus the upstairs bannister (downstairs isn't that bad, so he'll wait and do it in the next few months). The doors are looking really nice; we shouldn't have let them go so long. It's kind of like we're getting READY to sell our home....don't know if we'll be able to do it when it comes down to it. We are BOTH tired of yardwork in the summer.

Whatever I do today will end with me finishing up Christmas shopping (not much) and getting a few things I need for guests who will be here at least a week. That will be a late day....have to drive at least 30-45 minutes to good shopping!

Sunday...after Church...GROCERIES! I hate to get that grocery bill when we're having company. Even for Christmas dinners (or any other holiday dinners), I can NEVER stay within the AVERAGE they always give us in the polls...makes me so mad. I'm not one to buy the grocers' labels...maybe that's my problem.

If I'm not on here all that much the next week or two...you'll all know why. HOWEVER, I do come down a time or two just to get off my feet a little...then, I have to come here at night when the day's done, too. I just may not feel like posting. MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone, if I don't get it said in the next few days.

Char

Edited by user Friday, December 19, 2014 8:54:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bugsy2 Offline
#1362 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 2:32:40 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 500 time(s) in 355 post(s)
Hello everyone!! It's Friday! I wanted to get some more reindeer treat bags done, but tonight is family movie night! Have no idea what we're going to watch.. I know my son would like to watch Home Alone and Home Alone 2. I love both of those movies. Hubby wants to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I love that movie too... I guess it's a win for me either way.

Take care and stay safe if you're out and about this evening.
 1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/19/2014(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1363 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 6:29:09 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1316 time(s) in 1023 post(s)
Hi Girls,

I have read everyone's posts each day but have been unable to post!! I would type everything and not get the CodeAngry and then lose it all. Very frustrating

We have been busy I think Abigail must have allergies or this cold is going around back and forth between her and mommy and daddy because the nose is still runny. But doesn't bother her a bit. Grandpa bought a case of the "Cool Touch" Tissues so we are good for a while.

Went to Costco the other night to buy a Prime Rib Roast and the prices were off the wall so i bought a hugh ham for Christmas Day. Then thinking about it I said I really don't want Ham I want my Prime rib (everyone loves it too)

So went back to Costco and got a Prime Choice Prime Rib still alot of money but we will have leftovers but so much easier to cook. You all know I usually do a big pot of sauce, meat and stuffed shells or lasagna but was not in the mood to do all that work. Because it is always 10 large can of crushed tomotoes and 5 cans of paste and I am cooking all day and the next day. Just didn't have it in me this year. So it's beef.

Went to my crafty's friend's house this morning with Abigail she loves my friend Linda (who is a retired school teacher grade school) and she has such a warm wonderful way about her and Abby just took to her. So we had a nice morning together showing each other our crafts.

Oh by the way DH loved his hand made Lighthouse Card. He thought the background was paper and I explained how I took different colors of ink and sponged them on the cardstock he was impressed.

Hannah is home from Collage came for dinner with Alex now left and I am tired.

Shelly .. so happy the house will be done in Feb. that is great news...

Joy... your nails sound really cute

Char... I usually do Spring and Fall really good cleaning and do all the closets meaning go thru things and donate or throw away. I use Tacky Glue a lot good stuff

Lisa.. Enjoy your movie

Well hoping everyone has a great weekend