Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<131415
Merrie Jones Offline
#421 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 3:00:50 PM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 983 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smoochieboochies2 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ladies, sure had fun making these. If you would like to see the Christmas Cards I made for this swap ,you can see them here -

http://smoochieboochies4u.blogspot.com/

Oh wow- those are beautiful. Maybe Miss Barb will put one in my package.LOL
Merrie Jones Offline
#422 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 3:03:12 PM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

You know, I don't think I ever commented- but all the Thanksgiving cards look beautiful. Once again, a very talented group. Looking forward to getting mine! Smile
CricutCrazy Offline
#423 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 3:56:45 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1089 time(s) in 799 post(s)
Hi Everyone...
I know I am really behind. Lots of reasons that I will not bore you all with. One terrible thing that happened is that I took my card supplies that I was working on with me on my trip and when we got home and unpacked I discovered that I had left it all in the hotel room. THis meant that I had to start over working on the Thanksgiving cards. Have been in a tizzy ever since ! I finally got them finished the other day and then have had other problems with posting. Oh well -
Here is a look at BethAnns lovely card (outside and in ) Nice deep colors and Cricut cuts that are layered and a very pretty mat on the inside.
.....then, and mine (Tilda) which were hurriedly done and I am not truly happy with them, but hope the Christmas batch will turn out better.

All the cards will be postal by tomorrow and I will post the rest of the tracking #s.

YenPeso - Judy I am sending your cards along with the Tim Holtz prize you won ! ThumpUp Woot I just took a picture of the box of stuff so everyone will see what you are getting....quite honestly this is the biggest prize I have ever given away BigGrin Love

After Thanksgiving I will be setting up the new 2015 Swap Thread for cards. I hope you will all come back for another year of fun. If you think we should perhaps do "every other month" to ease the burden on you, I am okay with that. Let me know what you think. Due dates would be JAN 31 - MARCH 31- MAY 31 - JULY 31- SEPTEMBER 30 - NOVEMBER 30. I plan to keep January as a partner swap.

Edited by user Sunday, November 16, 2014 3:57:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: pix

CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
101_0983.JPG
101_0984.JPG
101_0985.JPG
101_0986.JPG
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
yenpeso on 11/17/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Offline
#424 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 4:21:13 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 515 time(s) in 450 post(s)
Great cards, how did you do that card Barb??? I would rather do every month especially in winter with nothing to do. Tilda is cute, did you use pencils or ???.

Smoochie, your cards are beautiful and yup I sure hope I get one.

Hope you all stay warm. Hugs Patti

Edited by user Sunday, November 16, 2014 4:23:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink Offline
#425 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 7:37:25 PM(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink

United States

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 109 post(s)
The mail man brought me a pretty bright pink envelope Friday and it was filled with gorgeous Thanksgiving cards! Thank you everyone, excellent work. I made a sample card for this Nov. swap and will be using some metal die cuts, never used them before. Glad this swap is only 6 cards as the cuts are small and I can only make one @ a time. Woe is me. LOL
yenpeso Offline
#426 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 3:25:47 AM(UTC)
yenpeso

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Barb, I can hardly wait to get the package in my hot little hands...I'm so excited. I love all the cards I've seen online. Very creative everyone.

I have to confess I'm not very creative and therefore I'm very grateful for the cards posted on Pinterest. I just copy the ones I like using material I have on hand. Of course, mine are a poor substitute, but if you don't see the original for comparison, mine aren't too bad...are they? I need reassurance here.
I did design my halloween card and one of these days I may have enough courage to try it again. Right now I am kind of addicted to Pinterest though. I'd visit everyday if the wifi signal was better here.

Love,
Judy (yenpeso)

smoochieboochies2 Offline
#427 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 9:22:14 AM(UTC)
smoochieboochies2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 14 post(s)
All of the cards are spectacular - again! Need help getting my blog and pm button into my reply box. Any tips out there? Can we make it optional regarding card cycle. Maybe one group signs up for every other month, and other group signs up for every month. Worried about Golfingrams getting Winter Blues from boredom.

edit: just found the problem , my profile edit page is stuck and won't save changes, calling customer service.

Edited by user Monday, November 17, 2014 11:35:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Merrie Jones Offline
#428 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 12:10:12 PM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post

After Thanksgiving I will be setting up the new 2015 Swap Thread for cards. I hope you will all come back for another year of fun. If you think we should perhaps do "every other month" to ease the burden on you, I am okay with that. Let me know what you think. Due dates would be JAN 31 - MARCH 31- MAY 31 - JULY 31- SEPTEMBER 30 - NOVEMBER 30. I plan to keep January as a partner swap.

Hi Barb- I would think it is up to you, since you are the hostess with the mostessBigGrin. If YOU want to take a break from doing this every month, then go ahead and switch it up. As participants, we always have the option to drop out for a month or two if we are not interested in the theme or 'life' has gotten in the way. But as the hostess, you HAVE to do it every month. Bottom line, I will go along with whatever is easiest for you. Smile Merrie
 2 users thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
yenpeso on 11/17/2014(UTC), CricutCrazy on 11/18/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Offline
#429 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 2:18:34 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

I agree Merrie, I only said every month because it's so boring here in winter months - guess I could always clean,lol and pitch. Where did you get the stamp for back of your cards, I need one of those as my left hand just won't cooperate writing with that nerve damage.
Nice card also, I was a lucky one to get yours.

What fantastic cards I got in the mail today. I haven't gone back to see who made what BUT who did the card with the with the big leaves, says thank you. How did you do the backgroundand with what as it's beautiful. Also the splatter background on leaves. I love them all and such nice work by everyone.

Barb, thanks for sending my pins, was just getting ready to do 2 more pins but my phone had a text from Germany. So got on WHATS app and we texted and did voice texts. I did tear up though hearing her voice again. I'm such a baby and get emotional.

Great awesome cards ladies, Christmas ones I bet will be totally awesome too. Hugs Patti
 2 users thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
Merrie Jones on 11/17/2014(UTC), CricutCrazy on 11/18/2014(UTC)
Merrie Jones Offline
#430 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 3:51:41 PM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

[quote=golfingrams;1892548]I agree Merrie, I only said every month because it's so boring here in winter months - guess I could always clean,lol and pitch. Where did you get the stamp for back of your cards, I need one of those as my left hand just won't cooperate writing with that nerve damage.
Nice card also, I was a lucky one to get yours.

Thanks PattiBigGrin. Waiting for my Thanksgiving cards to get here- they are 'in transit'LOL .I hope to send some of them to shut-in's at my church. I ordered the stamp several years ago on E-Bay. Got that one and one with a butterfly and my name. I don't remember the name of the company, it is overseas (Malaysia? Thailand?). Must admit I was nervous about ordering from them, but Scrapalette (Paulette) recommended them and I had no problem. I like to stamp the back of all my cards. If I can find any info on it, I'll let you know. Smile Merrie
 1 user thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 11/18/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Offline
#431 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 6:53:35 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Thanks Merrie, I know what you mean on ordering. I've ordered 3 times this fall off Amazon things for crafts. Some lace stuff, hand painted wooden button and today got whats called, baby headband and they are small aligator clip bows for little girls. Hand done and they are so cute and precious. Can't wait to get pictures of them in Addy's hair. Lots of different ones. Hugs Patti
CricutCrazy on 11/18/2014(UTC), Merrie Jones on 11/19/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#432 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:50:54 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Ladies !

Thanks for the input about the card swapping from Patti and Merrie....it all helps me to make my decision about it. I am looking for productive ways to keep myself occupied with crafting but not getting overwhelmed. It seems that I cannot handle as many projects as I once did. There is something about Fibromyalgia that affects the thinking processes. If I get too stressed I literally go into a "shut-down" and cannot function at all. I am beginning to feel it coming on me as the holidays approach Scared Sad So, I am doing 1/2 as many swaps as I did last year at this time, which is a relief !
I also have to cut out about 100 various sized SNOWFLAKES from window cling for a local restaurant who commissions me every year to help with their decorations. So, that is also on my mind and I have to get the Expression machine out tonight and get going on them !!

This next post is for all the people who did NOT enter my Blog Candy last month.... Just a look at what Miss Judy (the winner) is about to receive in her "TIM HOLTZ BONANZA" !!

CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
101_0988.JPG
yenpeso on 11/19/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#433 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:36:52 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: golfingrams Go to Quoted Post
Great cards, how did you do that card Barb??? I would rather do every month especially in winter with nothing to do. Tilda is cute, did you use pencils or ???.

Smoochie, your cards are beautiful and yup I sure hope I get one.

Hope you all stay warm. Hugs Patti

Made the card with Sizzix BigzPro die of a Gate-Fold card. Tilda is colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers...

If we do the cards every other month, then the months in between are free for me to put something else up to do. I can no longer handle the cards on top of other things (like pin cushions or exploding boxes). It is too much stress for me.

golfingrams Offline
#434 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:43:42 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

WOW you very lucky girl Judy, so happy for you.

I need to get more dies, just got TH Poinsetta one and can't wait to make some like a video I watched, they are so gorgeous.

Barb, you do what you need to do for your health. I know that fibro is nasty stuff, had a good friend who had to medically retire from the hospital due to fibro. We want you here so if it's better q2months that is fine.

What is the total number of gals doing cards this month??

Hugs Patti

Edited by user Tuesday, November 18, 2014 3:04:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutCrazy on 11/18/2014(UTC), yenpeso on 11/19/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#435 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:52:37 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: golfingrams Go to Quoted Post
WOW you very lucky girl Judy, so happy for you.

I need to get more dies, just got TH Poinsetta one and can't wait to make some like a video I watched, they are so gorgeous.

Barb, you do what you need to do for your health. I know that fibro is nasty stuff, had a good friend who had to medically retire from the hospital due to fibro. We want you here so if it's better q2months that is fine.

What is the total number of gals doing cards this month??

Hugs Patti

Hi Patti - We only had 10 participants for October.... Probably fewer in November - everyone is getting stressed over the holidays I think.
For my health, I try to eat right, exercise a little each day, and take tons of anti-oxidants. I do not like the Rx drugs for FIbro as they make me very tired,and less able to think clearly. I take Ibuprofen for pain when it is really needed. The symptoms get worse when I am emotionally upset or over stressed. I have to discipline myself to be at a slower pace than I really like. I also need more sleep than most people but do not always get it. I also get massage therapy (as well as giving it to others) and chiropractic adjustments on occasion. There is nothing else really that can be done. I use a product called "Topricin" which is a homeopathic cream that you rub into painful areas and it sometimes relieves the pain.
I cut my workload by 50% about 3 years ago because I could no longer work an 8 hour day...so at 62 I am "semi-retired" and glad that now the Social Security checks are coming in to help. Selling supplies on Etsy is also a help.

So....thats about it ! Love
CricutCrazy Offline
#436 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:53:38 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

I almost forgot, Merrie, your cards are here...I have not yet had a chance to open them. I am sure they are lovely. Will try to post pix in a few days. Thank you !
Merrie Jones on 11/19/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#437 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:01:35 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Sorry I forgot to post these :

Tracking #s for

Evelyn R -- 9400109699938920942216
Kali and KalisMom - 9400109699938942230

Patti - I sent yours in a PM and Judy also sent along with merchandise.

yenpeso on 11/19/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Offline
#438 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:16:59 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Yes I got them, you must not have seen my post in time. Thanks for sending my pins I ordered with them. The cards were wonderful.
Hugs Patti
 1 user thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 11/20/2014(UTC)
Merrie Jones Offline
#439 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:18:00 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Got my cards yesterday- I love them. Plan on sending some to shut-ins from my church. I think they will appreciate them. Barb, thanks for sending Christmas Kitsch. The cards on it are adorable. If anyone is looking for a cart to do Christmas cards, check this out! Thank you for the wood cut-out too. Have to tell you a funny. When I first looked at the cut-out I had it sideways and thought 'this is a strange looking cornucopia'- I had Thanksgiving on my mind. Finally turned it the right way and said 'duh, it's a Santa head'LOL Merrie
 1 user thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
yenpeso Offline
#440 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:17:12 PM(UTC)
yenpeso

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ladies !

Thanks for the input about the card swapping from Patti and Merrie....it all helps me to make my decision about it. I am looking for productive ways to keep myself occupied with crafting but not getting overwhelmed. It seems that I cannot handle as many projects as I once did. There is something about Fibromyalgia that affects the thinking processes. If I get too stressed I literally go into a "shut-down" and cannot function at all. I am beginning to feel it coming on me as the holidays approach Scared Sad So, I am doing 1/2 as many swaps as I did last year at this time, which is a relief !
I also have to cut out about 100 various sized SNOWFLAKES from window cling for a local restaurant who commissions me every year to help with their decorations. So, that is also on my mind and I have to get the Expression machine out tonight and get going on them !!

This next post is for all the people who did NOT enter my Blog Candy last month.... Just a look at what Miss Judy (the winner) is about to receive in her "TIM HOLTZ BONANZA" !!

Thank you again, Barbara. I had called home earlier today to see if I had received any packages. I'm so excited. The items all look terrific. Can't wait to get my cards too.

Judy (yenpeso)Love
iammrshinton Offline
#441 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:03:02 PM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
I got my cards this week. Beautiful! Sorry for being MIA.... busy busy busy. I will be working cards this weekend!

BA
 1 user thanked iammrshinton for this useful post.
MsChewie Offline
#442 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:30:48 AM(UTC)
MsChewie

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 238 post(s)
My cards arrived yesterday! They are all so awesome!!
Thanks so much ladies!
 1 user thanked MsChewie for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#443 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:51:43 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Well..... I FINALLY DID IT !!!!!!! I got brave and "fired up" my Cricut Explore Machine this afternoon...
ALong with my new "Holiday SNowflakes" cartridge because a local restaurant asked me to make snowflakes for their front windows. (I usually get a free dinner for me and DH by helping them with decorations) Drool Flapper Love LOL

So, it is "whirring away" in another room while I try to get caught up on here... So far, so good. I had a hard time learning the Design Space and still have a long way to go. It just FEELS like it is difficult to me. I had a struggle with all those LAYERS...OhMyGod RollEyes .I don't want LAYERS...I just want simple snowflakes to peel and stick !! I am also going to attempt a Santa, Christmas Trees, and a Peace Dove. I will make some pix if I get a chance.

I will post pix of the cards that are coming in for this month once I get a couple more - and have some extra time on my hands next week (yeah- right...me with extra time ! LOL Huh )

Judy.... your pkg. should be there by tomorrow at the latest and I hope to be shipping out the FLORAL HOME DECOR cartridges Saturday.

Catch ya'll later !!!!!!!!!!!!! Love
yenpeso on 11/21/2014(UTC)
Platinum~Diva Offline
#444 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 5:08:59 PM(UTC)
Platinum~Diva

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just to let everyone know that I'm still here... BigGrin

Had to redesign my cards at least three times; I'd come up with an idea in my head...sketch it out on paper...make a "prototype", and that's where the problem comes in. It never looks like I want it to, and if I don't like it, I don't expect anyone else to like it.

Therefore, it's back to the drawing board tomorrow... Crying ...and rest assured, my cards will be mailed by the deadline...

And Barb, however you want to do the swaps for next year will be fine; maybe my cards will be worthwhile by then... Wink

Edited by user Friday, November 21, 2014 5:12:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

yenpeso Offline
#445 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:49:12 AM(UTC)
yenpeso

Originally Posted by: yenpeso Go to Quoted Post
Hello, Ladies,

I've been working on my Christmas cards for the past two days. I may do two sets if that's okay, Barb? I had a really hard time deciding between two designs. I would like to do both. I'm doing the postcard swap too so this will give me a chance to make a lot of cards. I love Christmas cards!

I hope to get my prosthesis next week, then after I learn too use the thing I can go home. HOME...what a beautiful word. I will indeed be very thankful to be there again.

Hope everyone will enjoy the holidays and not get too stressed.

Love,
Judy

Barb, you didn't respond to my request to send an extra set of cards to the Christmas swap. I sincerely hope it is okay because I'm almost through with both sets.

I received my package yesterday. I loved everything. All of the prize items are fantastic. The cards are great too. Makes me wish I was more creative and not just crafty.

I love the Creation Inspiration set, Barb, but there is a little problem with the items. I receivd two of the embossing folders but only one CD-rom the Spectrum Noir one. As you know the one missing has all the stuff to do the projects in the magazine. Is it possible to get the missing CD-rom? JudyLove Love
golfingrams Offline
#446 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 5:16:31 AM(UTC)
golfingrams

Checking in, hope your having a great weekend. Boy I was so ahead on things and now running behind. This month is flying byand where does the time go. I've got to clean this house, it's disgusting and do some laundry.

I made some shimmer spray (I love shimmer, shine and bling.)it turned out so good. Sure is easy and beats paying 7.50 as the bottle I bought. Love making my own products.

BARB: What kind of vinyl do you use. I want to put some on a lunch box, what kind would I use?? I have some from the Mystery boxes and those I got from you when you had it on sale. Thanks

Have a great Sunday, be blessed. Hugs Patti
yenpeso Offline
#447 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:25:19 PM(UTC)
yenpeso

Barb, please ignore my request to send a second set of cards to the swap. I finished two sets but one of the workers here at the home wanted to buy one set to use for gift cards. It was a flower pot of poinsettias. If I ever learn how to post pictures on the web I'll put one up as I did take a picture. I do have an audience here. Everyone is always interested in my cards. It's going to make me very vain.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

JudyLove