Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<789
golfingrams Offline
#241 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:14:25 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 359 time(s) in 318 post(s)
Wowie Zowie is right Carol. I got my cards today and they are just awesome.

Carol - how do you put on Flower Soft, that's really interesting. So many talented ladies. It is so much fun to receive these and can learn new ways to do new projects.

Thank you all. Have a great weekend.

Barb, thanks for that mailing envelope, I am taking it to my po and tell them to get some.
Can't wait to play with my new carts. Thanks for the speedy shipping.

Hugs - Patti
 1 user thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 9/13/2014(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#242 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 1:17:06 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 601 post(s)
My cards arrived today too! Great cards from all!

Thanks so much Barb for hosting and the time spent sorting. It's a chore, I know!

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
Catita Offline
#243 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 4:58:01 PM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 156 post(s)
Got my cards in the mail yesterday. BEAUTIFUL. Something about fall cards.... These might be my favorite set so far.

Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's September cards!!!!
 1 user thanked Catita for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#244 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 6:49:59 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 732 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KaliCarpenter Go to Quoted Post
So, if our name is on the first post we are good to continue with this swap? I haven't officially signed up for September yet so I wanted to make sure I'm not kicked to the curb just yet. BigGrin

Hi Ladies - Sorry I have been quiet...been really struggling this week with pain. I am trying hard to keep up but I am woefully behind on some swaps that I need to finish this weekend. On top of that tomorrow is DH's birthday so I had to bake a cake tonight and that took me away from the crafting time. Some times I know that I have bitten off more than I should and it is hard chewing !!LOL But I will make it because I have always had a lot of determination .ThumpUp

I am so glad to hear that you are all so happy with your cards this month. I think they are super gorgeous !
September's Halloween theme promises to be a really FUN time too.

Yes-Merrie and Kali & Your Mom can be in Sept....I dont automatically assume that a person wishes to be in every month, so you do need to let me know.

Received cards today from Merrie for September, I have not had time to open them yet, but I am sure they are lovely ! Also, I received your check for the postage...thank you !

I do so enjoy seeing the different techniques and the creativity of each person as it is expressed in their card-making. We all have a different "signature" on our artwork. So much fun to express it !

KM - You werent supposed to tell everybody about that contract I made you sign....Now that the whole WORLD knows all about it Scared I just may have to consult with my attorney again !! Razz Wink

Will be back in a couple of days ya'll !! Wub
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Merrie Jones on 9/14/2014(UTC)
KaliCarpenter Offline
#245 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:03:01 PM(UTC)
KaliCarpenter

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Ok we are signing up for September. Can we continue to sign up monthly or do we need to commit now for what months we want for the remainder of the year?
yenpeso Offline
#246 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 2:19:59 AM(UTC)
yenpeso

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Originally Posted by: yenpeso Go to Quoted Post
Barb,
I want in for September. I'm asking my brother to bring my Cricut to the nursing home because I've run out of things to do and I tend to get in trouble when I'm bored. Besides I still owe Patti part of another swap.

I've also noticed that some of the signs posted around the building could do with a little work, and I've agreed to help the crafts group make cards. This should keep me busy for awhile.

JudyLove

Barb,

I don't see my name on the list for September. Am I in, I hope so.

It's been a rough week, head and chest congestion plus problems with right eye. Because of leakage behind eyeball I've lost most of vision in right eye for now. Praying it clears up soon. You know...with my stump and bad eye I could have someone take my picture and use it for the front of my Halloween cards...what do you think? Too morbid? I think I better get well really quick or the next move might be to the mental ward.

JudyLove

Hodmom Offline
#247 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 6:01:48 AM(UTC)
Hodmom

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6778 time(s) in 3905 post(s)
I loved all the cards I received this month...fabulous batch of goodies! Thank you all! Thanks to you, Barb. I know how time consuming organizing a swap can be...they can burn you out after a bit. Thanks for all you do. Hope you're feeling better.
Merrie Jones Offline
#248 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:03:25 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Was thanked: 923 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ladies - Sorry I have been quiet...been really struggling this week with pain. I am trying hard to keep up but I am woefully behind on some swaps that I need to finish this weekend. On top of that tomorrow is DH's birthday so I had to bake a cake tonight and that took me away from the crafting time. Some times I know that I have bitten off more than I should and it is hard chewing !!LOL But I will make it because I have always had a lot of determination .ThumpUp

Yes-Merrie and Kali & Your Mom can be in Sept....I dont automatically assume that a person wishes to be in every month, so you do need to let me know.

Received cards today from Merrie for September, I have not had time to open them yet, but I am sure they are lovely ! Also, I received your check for the postage...thank you !

Will be back in a couple of days ya'll !! Wub

Barb- I am so sorry you are hurting- sending hugs your way. I don't know how you do it all, between hosting and participating in the swaps. Glad the cards and check made it ok. I always worry about the mail. I have been in awe over Augusts card- oh myDrool ! Looking forward to seeing- and receiving- Sept. cards. I'm sure you will notice, but is October I want to sign up for (I had such fun doing Sept). Just one this timeLOL . Thanks for being a super hostess and letting me be part of it. Smile
Merrie Jones Offline
#249 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:04:46 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Barb,

It's been a rough week, head and chest congestion plus problems with right eye. Because of leakage behind eyeball I've lost most of vision in right eye for now. Praying it clears up soon. You know...with my stump and bad eye I could have someone take my picture and use it for the front of my Halloween cards...what do you think? Too morbid? I think I better get well really quick or the next move might be to the mental ward.

JudyLove

Judy- I am so sorry you are going thru all of this. Sending hugs your way. Smile
 1 user thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
yenpeso on 9/19/2014(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#250 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:12:55 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 927 time(s) in 750 post(s)
I received may cards yesterday and they are all super nice fall cards!!!!
Great job ladies!!!

My only complaint is that only 2 of them were signed on the back. I like to know who made the cards without having to go back thru the thread to see if pictures were posted.

Maybe people don't want to give a homemade card if it was made by someone else.BigGrin
 2 users thanked JeanP for this useful post.
Catita on 9/14/2014(UTC), Merrie Jones on 9/14/2014(UTC)
Catita Offline
#251 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:41:28 AM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 156 post(s)
I completely agree, Jean. I always look for a signature or something that lets me know who made it. Love to link crafts to MB names. Laugh
 2 users thanked Catita for this useful post.
Merrie Jones on 9/14/2014(UTC), JeanP on 9/14/2014(UTC)
Merrie Jones Offline
#252 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:46:13 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

I always stamp the back of mineBigGrin . That is the last thing I do so I know they are finished.
 1 user thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
JeanP on 9/14/2014(UTC)
LoriSjogren Offline
#253 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 11:03:32 AM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Was thanked: 2578 time(s) in 1526 post(s)
Thank you, Barb, I got my beautiful cards! Wonderful work, ladies :-)
iammrshinton Offline
#254 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 7:01:32 AM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
do you sign your name or initials or soemthing else? I guess I didnt even consider signing them. huh.
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#255 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 9:00:47 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Hi everyone -- I received last month's cards and enjoyed them so much. Then, I realized oh my I better busy -- there's a new month! Time is going so fast. I have enjoyed getting back to my crafting. It's a little hard now since we are remodeling but soon I will have my new craft room and then I can do a lot more. LOL.

Hope you all have a great week.
Evelyn
NancyHjortness Offline
#256 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 10:59:48 AM(UTC)
NancyHjortness

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 48 post(s)
JCI ----- I am at my daughters house in Spokane for the next 2 weeks. I am sure I have received my cards also but wont be able to see them till the 1st of October. I will be mailing my cards for September from Spokane also. Have just started working on them -----the cards look awesome. What talent
CricutCrazy Offline
#257 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 4:26:51 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Ladies - Reading all of your lovely comments about the August cards made my little heart feel good ! Love Yes they were a very lovely batch !!

Jean made a good point...some of you are new to this game. It is always nice to have your intitals, or a little logo that you call your own, on the back of your cards...Call this your "HALLMARK" BigGrin I usually stamp a hand or 2, or use a die cut hand and then sign it "Barb" but sometimes I forget. It is also okay if you make a sheet of return address labels and just put your name and Cricut ID on the label - then all you have to do is peel and stick them on your cards !

I think I have everyone on the September list now except for Lori and Paula...I think they wanted to sit this one out.

Paula, I have not mailed your cards to you yet, because you had emailed me that you would let me know about your order. But if i do not hear something soon, I will mail them out anyhow.

Judy - I hope you are continuing to heal and recuperate in record fashion ! You are remarkable ! I am so happy to welcome you back in the swap this month !! Love
iammrshinton Offline
#258 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 7:00:59 PM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Barb, thanks for the info about a "signature". Hope you are feeling better!

BA
 1 user thanked iammrshinton for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 9/16/2014(UTC)
Lifeweaver Offline
#259 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:20:55 AM(UTC)
Lifeweaver

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Sorry I am late in reply... I received my cards they are all so lovely I want to make a wall collage out of them instead of using them. But I know I need grab one when I want to send someone special, something special. Thank you Ladies for all the work that went in to theses
 1 user thanked Lifeweaver for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 9/16/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#260 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:49:41 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Barb,

JudyLove

Judy - my dear , someone as lovely as you are could never be the front of a Halloween card ! Wub And, as a retired Psychiatric nurse I know what I am talking about when I say you are NOT ready for the mental ward ! Razz You are always in such an "up" mood ,even in the face of great crisis....We could all learn a little bit about being brave and sweet from you. I am so glad you are back in the game this month !! Woot Wub

Lifeweaver, just let me know when you think you will be back...no problem if you have to take a month off.

JeanP Offline
#261 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:15:42 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 927 time(s) in 750 post(s)
All this talk about stamping the back, I don't even remember if I did my own!!!!

Best open up my package and make sure before I send them to BarbBlushing
iammrshinton Offline
#262 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:01:31 PM(UTC)
iammrshinton

I want to come up with a fabulous signature.... wait that's another swap; maybe just my initials then!

good night friends....
CarolKlink Offline
#263 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:59:51 PM(UTC)
CarolKlink

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Hi Patti,

Late in reading pg 9 posts so will now answer your ? about Flower Soft. The company sells their own brand of glue but I think any thick white glue would work. I really like the effects it can create.

Barb, I thought I had signed up for the rest of the year but now I don't remember, so please count me in.

Take Care All, Carol
yenpeso Offline
#264 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 5:34:58 PM(UTC)
yenpeso

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Oh,goody. I can stop worrying and start making cards. I helped the ladies in the craft class here at the "home" make cards yesterday. I used an Anna Griffin card kit which has all those lovely papers and embellishments. They loved it and made some beautiful cards. I had my cuttlebug and embossing folders so we had a great time. Have you tried embossing the flaps of your envelopes? Looks great, would be perfect for wedding invitations.

Oh, I don't put my name or initials, but I do glue on a little punched cherub. In case you haven't noticed, I love cherubs.

JudyLove
golfingrams Offline
#265 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 7:10:13 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Carol, I'm confused, what do you add to glue. Hugs Patti
CarolKlink Offline
#266 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 10:44:03 PM(UTC)
CarolKlink

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Hi Patti,

Flower Soft looks like shaved/shredded colored I'm not sure what. It's not paper, more like little pieces of fluff with a little body to them. It adds texture to paper products and the glue is put on first then it is sprinkled with the Flower Soft. It comes in different thicknesses. I'll try to send you something I have used it on.
golfingrams Offline
#267 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 11:05:21 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Hi Carol, that's okay, I got one of your wonderful cards. I think tht is what had me interested. I'm going to order some. Thanks Hugs Patti