Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jdandi Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 3:49:56 AM(UTC)
jdandi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 111 post(s)
I am logged in. My question is is the attachments that you see without a picture a big ordeal for your computer too? Before on the other board when it was a little link you clicked it and the picture just came up in another window it wasn't a big ordeal. I explain in more detail below...

Why can I see some pictures as attachments like on this thread
by SouthernBelleScrapper
http://community.provocr...Made-Using-My-Gypsy.aspx
but can't see these pictures as attachments by
PaperMaine-iac
http://community.provocr...irthday-Centerpiece.aspx
When I have to click on an attachment like PaperMaine-iac my computer wants to make a big production over this my computer ask me if I want to open or save this file, then I get a pop up, I know this part is my computer, that says do I want to allow this content to make changes, then it opens every single picture in my image editor program.

This is too big of a production for me. I don't have about 20 seconds to look at every single picture. I am just wondering if I am the only Windows 7 user that is experiencing this.

Thanks for any input you can give me on this.

PaperMaine-iac I am not picking up on you. Your post was the first one I came too that I could use an example. You know it could only be me and my lame computer settings having this problem. LOL
ErinW-N Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:52:00 AM(UTC)
ErinW-N

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Mine does the same thing. I'm wondering why all the pictures don't just show up. I used the attachment function and all of mine came up thumbnail size in a post for the LID challenge, so you can see em but have to click for larger view.
lovethatbug Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:52:20 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
I think the difference is that the one you have to click and download to see is to large of a picture for this forum, so you are asked to save it to your computer.
I usually just don't click on them. If they have a blog, I would usually go there to see the item rather than downloading.
Hope this helps
Stacy
jdandi Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 6:24:44 AM(UTC)
jdandi

I am glad it is not only me.
I don't click them either. Unzipped download that sit on the net too long run a good chance of a virus attaching themselves to the download link so I personally will not be looking at anyone pictures that I have to download the images. The last thing I need is a virus.
I just wish that the the image attachments worked more like the old boardGlare
lciaccio Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 7:46:23 AM(UTC)
lciaccio

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 43 post(s)
This is what I do.

1. open a Photobucket account.
2. Upoload your photos. Each photo is then assigned a series of codes.
3. Choose your image(s).
4. When you are setting up your post, you can click the icon that looks like a mountain with a sun next to the link button.
this will open a little box on the upper left side of your screen with "http:" in it.
5. Go back to your photo in photobucket and choose the "image" code. Copy the code.
6. Go back to your post and paste this code into the pop up box then hit ok.

a code will be added to your post. If you scroll down you can "preview" your post, it will show you how your picture looks. You can continue to add pics. This way, they are in your post and no one has to download anything. Sounds like a lot but once you get the hang of it, its quite easy.

Good luck!
 2 users thanked lciaccio for this useful post.
PaperMaine-iac on 9/20/2010(UTC), ErinW-N on 9/22/2010(UTC)
Beatriz Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 9:48:17 AM(UTC)
Beatriz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I agree it's to much to have to down load to see the pictures, it take to much time!!!
Not happy with this new board systemAngry
PaperMaine-iac Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:42:16 AM(UTC)
PaperMaine-iac

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 23 post(s)
jdandi--

not to worry...actually, I was trying to upload the photo without having to go to another download thing, but wasn't sure how. That was my first post on this new board and still figuring it out, I guess. I hadn't posted it to my blog yet, but I'm thinking that's how I'm gonna have to do it. Either that or photobucket. What a pain! I liked being able to 'embed' the photo in the post. I also don't have the time to download everyone's photos. I'm going to have to play with it a little more and hopefully will figure it out! I'm glad I wasn't the only one with issues!! Confused

UPDATE: I added the pictures to my blog and then fixed the photo in my post....and it WORKED!! So feel free to check it out again, jdandi! Hope you like it! BigGrin

Edited by user Monday, September 20, 2010 3:24:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bradshawcl Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 2:57:17 PM(UTC)
bradshawcl

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Huh

Well maybe someone could tell me where to change your password on this thing? Oy. I like the old board better despite it's problems.
LJones3 Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:24:08 PM(UTC)
LJones3

Was thanked: 990 time(s) in 962 post(s)
When I click on the attachments, my photo program opens but I can't view the pictures. I want to see them, just won't show up. Sad

For the password problem, I read in another post that the person went to the old board, changed the password, and it worked fine to login here. That's how I changed mine. Hope this helps...

Linda
lylacfey Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:43:19 AM(UTC)
lylacfey

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 251 post(s)
It's not just you. I am on Vista and it's doing the same thing. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Please you all know me enough to know I would never do that. What I have learned over the years never open a picture file because it can transmit a virus. Now, I know that all of us would not do that. I know all of us would not do that if we saw it was a member who never posted before and we can see clearly it's a spammer. I think PC needs to change it because this is a security risk to them too. I hope I don't sound like I am on a soapbox. I am just a computer geek/nerd and I am always thinking of these things.
jdandi Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:01:47 AM(UTC)
jdandi

PaperMaine-iac wrote:
jdandi--

not to worry...actually, I was trying to upload the photo without having to go to another download thing, but wasn't sure how. That was my first post on this new board and still figuring it out, I guess. I hadn't posted it to my blog yet, but I'm thinking that's how I'm gonna have to do it. Either that or photobucket. What a pain! I liked being able to 'embed' the photo in the post. I also don't have the time to download everyone's photos. I'm going to have to play with it a little more and hopefully will figure it out! I'm glad I wasn't the only one with issues!! Confused

UPDATE: I added the pictures to my blog and then fixed the photo in my post....and it WORKED!! So feel free to check it out again, jdandi! Hope you like it! BigGrin

Whew so glad because I wasn't picking on you. I just needed an example and yours was the first I came uponBigGrin I did go to your blog and check it out and it all looks great and the buzz cake look so YUMMY!!!

I just didn't know if it was me and my computer settings and everyone else was doing all right with the download images. Sometimes you just have to ask, ya know.
jdandi Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:04:32 AM(UTC)
jdandi

lylacfey wrote:
It's not just you. I am on Vista and it's doing the same thing. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Please you all know me enough to know I would never do that. What I have learned over the years never open a picture file because it can transmit a virus. Now, I know that all of us would not do that. I know all of us would not do that if we saw it was a member who never posted before and we can see clearly it's a spammer. I think PC needs to change it because this is a security risk to them too. I hope I don't sound like I am on a soapbox. I am just a computer geek/nerd and I am always thinking of these things.

I made a similar statement on another post about viruses too. I am just not downloading peoples images. I agree it is not safe.
Larkspur Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:06:11 AM(UTC)
Larkspur

United States

Was thanked: 2428 time(s) in 1698 post(s)
jdandi wrote:
I am glad it is not only me.
I don't click them either. Unzipped download that sit on the net too long run a good chance of a virus attaching themselves to the download link so I personally will not be looking at anyone pictures that I have to download the images. The last thing I need is a virus.
I just wish that the the image attachments worked more like the old boardGlare

I feel the same way - I'm sure I'm missing some beautiful cards/projects, but I don't feel comfortable downloading them..