Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tracyowens Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:48:22 AM(UTC)
tracyowens

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I rememer once someone used contact paper instead of emulsion sheets? I need a quick fix and wondered of anyone had those directions? I hate using the emulsion for one small piece but I do Love that YUDU! so much fun!
NewfyMom Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 2:03:09 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
This one has a few different answers. You can put contact paper directly on your shirt and use it like a one time use stencil (people are also using freezer paper) ant then you paint onto your shirt.

You can also put contact paper on the back of you screen and use it that way. If you doing lettering on your cricut you'll want to flip the image since the sticky part of the contact paper goes on the screen and is what is showing from the front side. Contact paper won't have the life span of emulsion.

HTH
 2 users thanked NewfyMom for this useful post.
MariaReyes1 on 9/18/2010(UTC), iheartmycricut on 10/15/2010(UTC)
JeanniePhillips Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 3:54:28 PM(UTC)
JeanniePhillips

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 322 post(s)
I used contact paper on my first shirt.. I applied it to the back side of the screen .. you have to reverse the image... it worked wonderfully... I loved using it.. and will continue se it for stuff like number or something simple on the back of a shirt.

hugs
Jeannie
 1 user thanked JeanniePhillips for this useful post.
tracyowens on 9/20/2010(UTC)
tracyowens Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:34:07 PM(UTC)
tracyowens

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
thanks so much! I just hate using an emulsion sheet for something quick and simple.
you all are the best!
Princessaam Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:20:10 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I totally understand. That is one reason I use Liquid Emulsion and keep at least one screen ready at all times. But the other alternative with contact paper for a quick little something is to use it like Freezer paper. Still use the screen printing inks but use a sponge brush and pounce it on. That way you don't need to wash a screen afterwards. BigGrin

~M
 1 user thanked Princessaam for this useful post.
MariaReyes1 on 9/26/2010(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:50:55 AM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Princessaam wrote:
I totally understand. That is one reason I use Liquid Emulsion and keep at least one screen ready at all times. But the other alternative with contact paper for a quick little something is to use it like Freezer paper. Still use the screen printing inks but use a sponge brush and pounce it on. That way you don't need to wash a screen afterwards. BigGrin

~M

What's the longest you've ever let a "ready" screen sit? with the unexposed emulsion on it. Can it hurt the screen if it sits for a very long me? months?
Maile Lei Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:16:49 PM(UTC)
Maile Lei

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2070 time(s) in 715 post(s)
NewfyMom wrote:
This one has a few different answers. You can put contact paper directly on your shirt and use it like a one time use stencil (people are also using freezer paper) ant then you paint onto your shirt.

You can also put contact paper on the back of you screen and use it that way. If you doing lettering on your cricut you'll want to flip the image since the sticky part of the contact paper goes on the screen and is what is showing from the front side. Contact paper won't have the life span of emulsion.

HTH
HELLO HAVE YOU TRYED VINLY, IT IS MUCH EASIER I THINK THAN WAX PAPER. I CUT MY CRICUT MAN OUT WITH THE EXPRESSION, REVERSED THE LETTERING IN MY GYPSY, SINCE THE BACK OF THE VINYL IS VERY STICKY IT ADHERES TO THE TOP PART OF THE SCREEN. HERE IS A SAMPLE OF HOW I MADE ONE WITH REVERSE AND THE OTHER JUST NORMAL. MAKE SURE YOU USE TAPE TO HOLD DOWN ON ALL FOUR SIDES WHERE YOU DON'T WANT THE INK TO GO...IT ALSO WORKED BECAUSE THESE WERE ONLY 4INCHES INSTEAD OF USING THE EMULSION SHEET. PC TOLD ME TO CUT THE EMULSION SHEET DOWN, BUT IT IS CHEAPER TO BUY THE VINLY. LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP..... MAILE
 1 user thanked Maile Lei for this useful post.
tracyowens on 9/22/2010(UTC)