Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KristenLong Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:43:55 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Most people are aware that in February we usually have a big project for Lindsey's anniversary. Well I know February is a few months off, but I want to get thinking on this... We were just at the hospital last week for Lindsey's Check up. (By the way the results were perfect!!) I spoke with them and was told that they could always use Crayons and Coloring Books. So that is one thing for sure that we will do. Another idea was little projects. I thought for sure we could come up with some sort of little project with our Cricuts. Any ideas? I would like to hand these out on Valentines day and to the local Ronald McDonald House. Thanks in advance for any help! So please share.. what sort of children's projects could we make that the kids in the hospital could do.. It will be on Valentines day if that helps at all!! Lets get the ideas flowing!! Thanks!
mrsmimip Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:11:29 AM(UTC)
mrsmimip

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/19/2006(UTC)
Posts: 714
Location: Olympia, WA

Thanks: 126 times
Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Sorry don't have any ideas but will btt for you .....
 1 user thanked mrsmimip for this useful post.
KristenLong on 9/23/2010(UTC)
KristenLong Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:03:39 AM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Thank you!
PhotoMom Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:35:51 AM(UTC)
PhotoMom

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2007(UTC)
Posts: 271

Thanks: 61 times
Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Good morning Kristen,
First, congratulations on Lindsey's healthy check up!
Since you will be passing these out on valentine's day my Idea would be to take a card base and evvelope and have various cuts and adhesive squares that they could use to make a homemade valentine. Then there could be a table at The Ronald McDonald house set up with all the extra things they would need to put it together like glue, adhesives, markers, stamps etc. The "kits" would have all the basics so that a parent could bring it to a child that isn't able to come to the table and the table would have all the extras for those that can or for family members to use. If you wanted the kits to be the same you could specify what you want in them and we could send then to you in individual zip lock bags that you could add toppers to.
Will you be collecting coloring books and crayons? If so let me know and I will start looking for some. Let me know what you decide on for the projects And I can help you with that too.
Sherene
 1 user thanked PhotoMom for this useful post.
KristenLong on 9/24/2010(UTC)
MelGale Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:52:13 AM(UTC)
MelGale

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/7/2010(UTC)
Posts: 106
Location: MN

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I would be interested in helping too. Let us know what you need and where to send them. I'm new to this board so don't know much about the PM (do I guess this means ProvoMail?) but am guessing I can get in there through my inbox link at the top of my page. Anyways - let me know what I can do to help! I saw Michaels had cute coloring books when I was there yesterday.
 1 user thanked MelGale for this useful post.
KristenLong on 9/24/2010(UTC)
Lguild Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:00:57 PM(UTC)
Lguild

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,093
Location: Oklahoma, Shoutin' out to my Peeps!

Thanks: 2164 times
Was thanked: 1717 time(s) in 690 post(s)
How about stamping or printing some images onto blank cards and then putting the card, an envelope and the crayons necessary to color the image all inside a little baggie?

That way the kids can make their own special Valentines even in their own room on their bed tray.
 1 user thanked Lguild for this useful post.
KristenLong on 9/24/2010(UTC)
Suzanne Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 2:48:34 PM(UTC)
Suzanne

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2006(UTC)
Posts: 135
Location: Oklahoma

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)
No ideas, but I want to help!!! Please put me on the list, and just let me know later what I need to do!BigGrin
 1 user thanked Suzanne for this useful post.
KristenLong on 9/24/2010(UTC)
TulipCollector Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 2:55:28 PM(UTC)
TulipCollector

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 8/30/2006(UTC)
Posts: 5,879
United States
Location: South Bay, CA

Thanks: 2590 times
Was thanked: 7222 time(s) in 2516 post(s)
Great news on the check up!!! I have been following your family since the beginning.

You know, I bought a Crayola box of crayons and markers at Big Lots a while ago. Specifically because you can use a code to log on to this program and make coloring pages out of your photos!

I have been making coloring pages of mine and my grandsons antics. Us at the park, the zoo, Legoland etc. Inexpensive and fun.

You can make a little color book or separate pages of Lindsey as your model around the town. Maybe even some of the popular doctors and nurses at the hospital too.

Then you could make a paperdoll that could be for the recipient and that doll could join in the fun and slip in a spot on the coloring page.

If I find another box, I will get you one.

Also I think Kodak has a similar program on their photoshare.
 1 user thanked TulipCollector for this useful post.
KristenLong on 9/24/2010(UTC)
KristenLong Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:36:08 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
ShereneD wrote:
Good morning Kristen,
First, congratulations on Lindsey's healthy check up!
Since you will be passing these out on valentine's day my Idea would be to take a card base and evvelope and have various cuts and adhesive squares that they could use to make a homemade valentine. Then there could be a table at The Ronald McDonald house set up with all the extra things they would need to put it together like glue, adhesives, markers, stamps etc. The "kits" would have all the basics so that a parent could bring it to a child that isn't able to come to the table and the table would have all the extras for those that can or for family members to use. If you wanted the kits to be the same you could specify what you want in them and we could send then to you in individual zip lock bags that you could add toppers to.
Will you be collecting coloring books and crayons? If so let me know and I will start looking for some. Let me know what you decide on for the projects And I can help you with that too.
Sherene



What a great idea!!! Love it!! Yes I will definitely be doing crayons and coloring books! I have seen some of the crayons clearanced out at 25 cents a box! That is a steal! I already bought about 40 boxes and plan to buy some each month until February!!! Any kind of project you want to make for the kids would be wonderful! Thank you so much!!
KristenLong Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:37:54 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
MelGale wrote:
I would be interested in helping too. Let us know what you need and where to send them. I'm new to this board so don't know much about the PM (do I guess this means ProvoMail?) but am guessing I can get in there through my inbox link at the top of my page. Anyways - let me know what I can do to help! I saw Michaels had cute coloring books when I was there yesterday.


Oh you are wonderful!! Thank you so much!!! I will be collecting coloring books, crayons and little crafty type projects. We will collect them in January and deliver them in February!

PM is private message, but ProvoMail is a cute name!!
KristenLong Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:39:12 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Lguild wrote:
How about stamping or printing some images onto blank cards and then putting the card, an envelope and the crayons necessary to color the image all inside a little baggie?

That way the kids can make their own special Valentines even in their own room on their bed tray.


I did some cards like this with Stampin' Up! Build a Bear set! They turned out so cute! I stamped the bear in black and then attached 2 crayons to the front! I definitely plan on doing those..
KristenLong Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:40:15 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Suzanne wrote:
No ideas, but I want to help!!! Please put me on the list, and just let me know later what I need to do!BigGrin



Thank you so much Suzanne! Any help would be greatly appreciated.. As little or as much as you want to help! Thanks again!!
KristenLong Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:41:29 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
TulipCollector wrote:
Great news on the check up!!! I have been following your family since the beginning.

You know, I bought a Crayola box of crayons and markers at Big Lots a while ago. Specifically because you can use a code to log on to this program and make coloring pages out of your photos!

I have been making coloring pages of mine and my grandsons antics. Us at the park, the zoo, Legoland etc. Inexpensive and fun.

You can make a little color book or separate pages of Lindsey as your model around the town. Maybe even some of the popular doctors and nurses at the hospital too.

Then you could make a paperdoll that could be for the recipient and that doll could join in the fun and slip in a spot on the coloring page.

If I find another box, I will get you one.

Also I think Kodak has a similar program on their photoshare.


Oh that sounds just adorable!! I will definitely have to check into that! Very cute!! Thank you so much!!

Also thanks for following Lindsey's story!
KristenLong Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 4:23:01 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Love
Willysmom Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 4:41:48 PM(UTC)
Willysmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 459
United States
Location: Uniontown, Pa.

Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh for Lindsey. She still is in my prayers. Okay, you know I'm in. I work at a big box store, that gets lots of buy outs, so our prices are pretty good. I wish I had know a few weeks ago, we had to charity out tons of crayons. I could have gotten them really cheap. But now I do know and will keep my eyes open for whatever we can use. Love the idea of stamping things and adding crayons for the kids to color them. I'll do whatever you decide, just let me know.

Again, Thank God for Lindsey good health.

Love, to you and the little missy,
Camille
 1 user thanked Willysmom for this useful post.
KristenLong on 9/25/2010(UTC)
KristenLong Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 4:44:01 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Willysmom wrote:
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh for Lindsey. She still is in my prayers. Okay, you know I'm in. I work at a big box store, that gets lots of buy outs, so our prices are pretty good. I wish I had know a few weeks ago, we had to charity out tons of crayons. I could have gotten them really cheap. But now I do know and will keep my eyes open for whatever we can use. Love the idea of stamping things and adding crayons for the kids to color them. I'll do whatever you decide, just let me know.

Again, Thank God for Lindsey good health.

Love, to you and the little missy,
Camille



Thanks so much Camille.. I usually don't even come up with the idea this soon so I thought I was doing good! I know it would have been better to decide about the crayons earlier because I have seen them on clearance as well.
Willysmom Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 4:58:51 PM(UTC)
Willysmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 459
United States
Location: Uniontown, Pa.

Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Oh I didn't mean that you weren't on top of this, I was just thinking (typing) out loud. You are really ahead of yourself, and it will be fun for me to keep my eyes open for fun stuff.

Just keep me informed....

Camille
DazyCutr Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:22:50 PM(UTC)
DazyCutr

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/22/2006(UTC)
Posts: 783
Location: Maryville Tennessee

Thanks: 100 times
Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 196 post(s)
You may have done this already, I don't remember....we could use the Paper Doll carts and cut some dolls and clothes, but would that work for boys too?

What ever you decide I'll contributeBigGrin

Congrats on Lindsey's good report.
KristenLong Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:29:01 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Willysmom wrote:
Oh I didn't mean that you weren't on top of this, I was just thinking (typing) out loud. You are really ahead of yourself, and it will be fun for me to keep my eyes open for fun stuff.

Just keep me informed....

Camille


Oh I didn't mean to make it seem like I thought you were saying that I wasn't on top of it. I know what you meant Camille. You know I love ya girl! You are the best!!
KristenLong Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:30:03 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
DazyCutr wrote:
You may have done this already, I don't remember....we could use the Paper Doll carts and cut some dolls and clothes, but would that work for boys too?

What ever you decide I'll contributeBigGrin

Congrats on Lindsey's good report.



Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Nope have not done that yet with the paper dolls.. hmm.. not sure about the boys..
Elisa Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:40:55 PM(UTC)
Elisa

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/31/2007(UTC)
Posts: 46
Location: Hawaii...Finally

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
So glad to hear she is still in remission! Go Lindsey!
 1 user thanked Elisa for this useful post.
KristenLong on 9/25/2010(UTC)
KristenLong Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:02:56 PM(UTC)
KristenLong

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,881
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Thanks: 848 times
Was thanked: 468 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Elisa wrote:
So glad to hear she is still in remission! Go Lindsey!


Thank you! love your new picture!! Hope you are getting settled in Hawaii!
TraceyAndriulaitis Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 2:59:04 PM(UTC)
TraceyAndriulaitis

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 213
Location: Connecticut

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 37 post(s)
As someone who has been fighting cancer for almost 2 years I am glad to hear that your daughter is in remission. I don't have any ideas right now but wanted to let you know that I will do whatever I can to help. Just keep me posted. I bet the kids faces must light up when you show up with their crafts. Keep up the great work!!!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.385 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01