Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CraftyKitchen Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 11:56:43 AM(UTC)
CraftyKitchen

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/25/2010(UTC)
Posts: 826
Location: Missouri

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Welcome to the new forum BigGrin
sherrihend180 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 12:25:19 PM(UTC)
sherrihend180

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 12/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,400
Canada
Location: Alberta, Canada

Thanks: 264 times
Was thanked: 831 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Thanks...hi to you from Canada.
cynthiagrant1 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 12:28:22 PM(UTC)
cynthiagrant1

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 45
Location: Layton, Utah

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello! I just got my CC a couple of weeks ago but I love it already and I'm not even a baker!
CraftyKitchen Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 1:06:52 PM(UTC)
CraftyKitchen

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/25/2010(UTC)
Posts: 826
Location: Missouri

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 86 post(s)
We're going to have to fill this board up with new pictures! I'm using my Cricut Cake to make a cake this weekend, anyone else?
Schachteles Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 2:31:56 PM(UTC)
Schachteles

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/8/2009(UTC)
Posts: 8

Thanks: 1 times
Can't wait to see everyone's projects, I have had my Cake since it was released and sadly I haven't used it yet! My goal is to figure it out to make some cool cookies for the holidays! Love
MarthaRuiz1 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 3:26:28 PM(UTC)
MarthaRuiz1

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 46

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
BigGrin this is faster I like this

Edited by user Friday, September 17, 2010 3:27:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Christie116 Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 8:04:52 PM(UTC)
Christie116

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 9
Location: Australia

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum but thought I would try and see if I could upload some pictures. So here goes.BigGrin
File Attachment(s):
IMG_0450.jpg (1,123kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
Christie116 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0421.jpg
 1 user thanked Christie116 for this useful post.
Pookie on 9/18/2010(UTC)
cricket Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 11:12:00 PM(UTC)
cricket

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6
Location: texas

Hello everyone! I like the speed of this so far!
FoxyLady Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 3:27:08 AM(UTC)
FoxyLady

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 12
Location: Devon UK

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello from the UK have bought my daughter the Cake for her birthday on 30th September, just hoping she will get on alright with it, I have just bought myself the Expression.
AussieShell Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:03:31 AM(UTC)
AussieShell

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/13/2010(UTC)
Posts: 216

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Christie116 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum but thought I would try and see if I could upload some pictures. So here goes.BigGrin



welcome to the forum!!
wow they look amazing!! do you have a blog that i can look at?
i seen the cricut cake being advertised on tvsn shopping network....was tempted to buy one but i have only just got the expression & i think i scrapbook more than i bake..but love seeing what it can do!!
KayMc Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 5:46:06 AM(UTC)
KayMc

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 813

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 178 post(s)
I keep vascillating over whether or not to get the Cake. I'm a cake hobbyist (not professional), so I can't see justifying the expense just for the fonts - which is all I want it for. I'm thinking the price will continue to drop, so maybe I won't feel so bad springing for it to be used just for fonts.
cynthiagrant1 Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:19:21 AM(UTC)
cynthiagrant1

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 45
Location: Layton, Utah

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
not using the cake this weekend. I'm using the YUDU and getting familiar with the Gypsy I purchased yesterday. I have too much stuff!!! LOL
CraftyKitchen Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:40:22 AM(UTC)
CraftyKitchen

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/25/2010(UTC)
Posts: 826
Location: Missouri

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 86 post(s)
KayMc wrote:
I keep vascillating over whether or not to get the Cake. I'm a cake hobbyist (not professional), so I can't see justifying the expense just for the fonts - which is all I want it for. I'm thinking the price will continue to drop, so maybe I won't feel so bad springing for it to be used just for fonts.



Kay, I thought I would only buy it for the fonts too, but the cake exclusive carts (especially the Martha Stewart ones) are GORGEOUS. I feel weird calling myself a "professional", but I do make cakes for paying customers and I'm finding myself using the Cake in some capacity for almost every order. For example, my avatar was a small buttercream cake I made, where everything was hand cut and piped by me, and when I was done I felt like it was missing something. I cut a butterfly using the Cake, let it dry on a former giving it a 3D effect, and painted it with luster dust. Totally finished my cake off!
Pookie Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:17:30 PM(UTC)
Pookie

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/8/2007(UTC)
Posts: 29
Location: Bakersfield, Ca, now Idaho

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Not a 'Caker' but loving see what everyone makes. Keep the pictures coming!
Boo! Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:35:16 PM(UTC)
Boo!

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/28/2007(UTC)
Posts: 204
Location: Plymouth. England

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I have the Cake it's a good machine and well worth the money IF you use it and not let it gather dust in a cupboard! I intend to use for work we run a small caffe/baguette shop I intend using it for Halloween and Christmas Biscuits/Cookies and for Christmas Cake's. The most difficult thing ....and it's a silly thing, is the American terms that are not widely known here in the UK.
For example Gum paste is called Petal paste, shortning we know as trex had I known this earlier I would not have bought a catering size block of shortning. for £12 But you live and learn. the icing mixed with gum paste is a 50/50 mix I have bought white fondent icing again in a catering pack but this will Keep, and has a long shelf life so I can justify the cost of that. The colours mix well just a drop or two of gel colouring is best. Though I have'nt yet tried to mix colours that might well be my next project as I cant buy any purple gel colouring here ......not for want of looking! I will let you know how that goes if and when I do it.
There also one or two tools you may want to invest in before you start. May I suggest two pallet knives of different sizes I have an 1 inch and 1/2 inch width. You will also need a smoother for hiding the joins in the icing. this is a smooth flat bottomed tool that is used for flatening the icing over the top of the cake.
Please to those of you who have'nt tried if you worried buy a really cheap and cheerful sponge cake to practice on first I would post my first attempt. But ! I still after how many years dont know how to post a pic on this mb! and second one of the Dogs ate the cake while I was answering the phone!

Once again dont be afraid have a go whats the worst that can happen! You may even enjoy it!
 1 user thanked Boo! for this useful post.
FoxyLady on 9/19/2010(UTC)
luv2crft Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 10:42:35 PM(UTC)
luv2crft

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 58

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Sadly, I haven't used mine yet and I have had it since July. Maybe I will purchase a plain cake from the store and decorate it myself....My daughter's birthday is Oct 1st. Hubby is wondering why it is still in the BOX!!!
FoxyLady Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:26:59 AM(UTC)
FoxyLady

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 12
Location: Devon UK

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Boo! wrote:
I have the Cake it's a good machine and well worth the money IF you use it and not let it gather dust in a cupboard! I intend to use for work we run a small caffe/baguette shop I intend using it for Halloween and Christmas Biscuits/Cookies and for Christmas Cake's. The most difficult thing ....and it's a silly thing, is the American terms that are not widely known here in the UK.
For example Gum paste is called Petal paste, shortning we know as trex had I known this earlier I would not have bought a catering size block of shortning. for £12 But you live and learn. the icing mixed with gum paste is a 50/50 mix I have bought white fondent icing again in a catering pack but this will Keep, and has a long shelf life so I can justify the cost of that. The colours mix well just a drop or two of gel colouring is best. Though I have'nt yet tried to mix colours that might well be my next project as I cant buy any purple gel colouring here ......not for want of looking! I will let you know how that goes if and when I do it.
There also one or two tools you may want to invest in before you start. May I suggest two pallet knives of different sizes I have an 1 inch and 1/2 inch width. You will also need a smoother for hiding the joins in the icing. this is a smooth flat bottomed tool that is used for flatening the icing over the top of the cake.
Please to those of you who have'nt tried if you worried buy a really cheap and cheerful sponge cake to practice on first I would post my first attempt. But ! I still after how many years dont know how to post a pic on this mb! and second one of the Dogs ate the cake while I was answering the phone!

Once again dont be afraid have a go whats the worst that can happen! You may even enjoy it!



Thanks for this Boo as I am in the UK too in North Devon. I was born in Plymouth and lived there for 38 years before moving to Bideford. This information will be vey helpful for my daughter as I have bought her the Cake for her birthday next week.
Scrappy*Mommy Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:04:19 AM(UTC)
Scrappy*Mommy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,164
Location: New York

Thanks: 273 times
Was thanked: 657 time(s) in 547 post(s)
hello ladies!! I have had a cake for a month and a half...the first time I used it, I bought the expensive frosting sheets and it just tore and ripped and I was very disappointed. So, tonight I will try it with gum paste...I bought a big fondant roller and I really hope it comes out nice! Can't wait to see some more inspiration here!!
Boo! Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 12:46:12 PM(UTC)
Boo!

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/28/2007(UTC)
Posts: 204
Location: Plymouth. England

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 14 post(s)
FoxyLady wrote:
Thanks for this Boo as I am in the UK too in North Devon. I was born in Plymouth and lived there for 38 years before moving to Bideford. This information will be vey helpful for my daughter as I have bought her the Cake for her birthday next week.




Your very welcome I am by no means an expert and if you saw my first attempt before Jilla ate it you would have had a good laugh. BUT I am a great believer in nothing ventured nothing gained.....And Now I think I have the mix right I am keen to try different thing's like shadowing and multi coloured Die cuts! I was going to have a go today but time has beat me. It's now 8;40 here to late to start to get the machine out now I have work tomorrow So am up at 5:30 so as to get in the cafe and cooking at 7 (It takes time to turn the grills and so on to warm they take 30 mins or so to get hot enough to cook) Then I will have my first lot of bearkfast regulars and so another week begins. I am at the moment trying to find a sorce in The southwest that sells Good fruit cake answers on a poscard please !!!! or failing that a PM!
Christie116 Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:21:56 PM(UTC)
Christie116

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 9
Location: Australia

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
aussiemichelle wrote:
welcome to the forum!!
wow they look amazing!! do you have a blog that i can look at?
i seen the cricut cake being advertised on tvsn shopping network....was tempted to buy one but i have only just got the expression & i think i scrapbook more than i bake..but love seeing what it can do!!


Thanks! I don't have a blog, but maybe I should start one. I had a good weekend using the cricut cake. I have been struggling with it lately because no matter what I tried to cut it kept dragging and ripping. I changed the blade and it worked perfectly. I am hoping the blades don't go blunt as easy as the first one did.

Edited by user Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:22:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ladybugstamper Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 7:53:50 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/23/2007(UTC)
Posts: 939
Location: California

Thanks: 578 times
Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Hi!
Working 2 jobs, one a full time part time job (5 hours a day, Monday through Friday) and then second job is teaching scrapbooking at JoAnn's has kept me from using my Cricut Cake since July. Sad

With things settling into a routine I hope to use my Cake again soon. There are some samples on my blog from over the summer.

It is true, you've got to use the machine to get good at it. I do like mine, I like the fact that if you mess up the fondant you can reroll it and try again.

I've had great success coloring the fondant with Wilton jar colors. I haven't tried gum paste yet.

I'm looking forward to a well decorated Holiday season, LOL!!!
Boo! Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 2:31:28 PM(UTC)
Boo!

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/28/2007(UTC)
Posts: 204
Location: Plymouth. England

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I think I'm going to try some Halloween Biscuits first with pumpkins and the like ......Went to the wholesalers today to find a quick cookie/biscuit dough but no joy.....I'll let you know how I do when I decide what I'm doing
Boo! Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 2:38:00 PM(UTC)
Boo!

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/28/2007(UTC)
Posts: 204
Location: Plymouth. England

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Sorry To sell I mean I want to sell a few to raise some pennies for Scj=holl if I can A few personalised Bikkies in some purple red and orange sellophane would look good in the front counter Dont you think....
Phansworld Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 4:37:28 PM(UTC)
Phansworld

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/8/2007(UTC)
Posts: 9
Location: MD

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Wow I haven't been on the cricut forum in a long long time (moved to the Pazzle) and now I'm back because I happen to see the cricut cake at Michael's one weekend and then decided to look it up :D NOW I"M HOOKED again! UGH :D

I haven't bought the cricut cake yet but I'm trying to stalk ebay out for one since it seems like the best place to get one.

Love the cake decorations/fonts that people have posted. :D I'm so itching to buy/use one!
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:59:30 PM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 287

Thanks: 155 times
Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
cynthiagrant1 wrote:
Hello! I just got my CC a couple of weeks ago but I love it already and I'm not even a baker!


It's probably not good for me to have seen this post! LOL
The reason I don't have a CC is because I don't bake.
Now that you've said that... hmm... maybe I could start! LOL


TFS
susanharris1 Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:30:23 AM(UTC)
susanharris1

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 26

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hi i from t he uk too!! kent actually have had my cricut cake for approx month not really used it much yet.

does anyone know what cricut cartridge has the cupcake wrappers on?
CV4 Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 5:06:39 AM(UTC)
CV4

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/30/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello everyone,

Pleased to join this forum, I'm French and ordered my CC a month ago ( Ebay seller took 2 weeks to send + Foreign Customs...)and I can't wait to receive it !
Your cakes look great !
Can't wait to see the others !
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.198 seconds.
nebo-cricut-04