Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

karelj Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 8:30:21 AM(UTC)
karelj

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Have you smooshed your Tatas lately?
In October, most of us turn out thoughts to Autumn...we dig out our sweaters and, jackets (at least here in NY) and drink copious amounts of apple cider. We gather corn and pumpkins, carve some spooky faces and pass out candy to all the little visiotrs on the 31st...and we make all those cute and spooky Halloween Crafts. In addition to all this orange and brown, my thoughts turn to PINK! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and there are so many crafty things happening to help raise awareness. On my blog, One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity, I focus on more PINK than Orange. I mail Support Cards to Breast Cancer Patients and Survivors. The cards are sent upon request and are free of charge. I make PINK the focus of my monthly challenge (this month, the prize is the Pumpkin Carving Cricut Cartridge) and am hoping to get more entries than ever. I also host a THINK PINK Blog Hop over the Columbus Day weekedn (Oct.9-11 this year). There will be lots of creative ideas and projects, some great blog candy, including a Grand Candy Prize from our own Sarah at pinkcricut.com, and links to sites where you can help support a cure. As part of the lead up to this, I am spotlighting some of the bloggers participating each day, as well as a site or two with an inspiring story, a way to support a cure or some creative ways to raise awareness. I hope you'll take the time got go have a mamogram this month (you, boys, you too! It's not just a woman's disease!) Awareness is the way to a CURE! I also hope you'll take the time to check out my blog, where there's more information on the support cards and the challenge... I also hope you'll come join us on the Hop. Do it for the Girls!
Put your name and the date of your last (or upcoming) mamogram in a post under this...Let's see if we can get us all!!

Karelj--August, 2010
 1 user thanked karelj for this useful post.
Scrappy Tinman on 10/2/2010(UTC)