Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TheSingingCrafter Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 6:35:31 PM(UTC)
TheSingingCrafter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I purchased a gyspy a coupleo of hours ago from Michaels.I don't have a clue what to do. Can someone please list the steps for me and possibly refer me to some tutorials?

Thanks so much
Amyrod Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 7:39:56 PM(UTC)
Amyrod

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I just did too. What a great deal at Michaels ($149.99 through tomorrow), and I'm so excited to start playing with my new Gypsy!

First thing I did was purchase the protective sleeve and put it on because I'm a spaz and am worried about wrecking it.

Then I registered my unit with ProvoCraft. To do this, I plugged it in, turned it on and connected it to my Mac with the enclosed USB connector cable.

I downloaded and installed the Gypsy Sync software from ProvoCraft.

Then I used the software to sync the Gypsy and get the latest software and cartridges downloaded. I think I had to do this twice, maybe three times.

As I was doing all this, an e-mail from Provocraft arrived in my inbox from registering. At the bottom of the e-mail was a code to get 200 rewards points for purchasing the Gypsy at Michaels. So I also went to Cricut rewards to get credit for the points to my account.

Up next, I will be linking my cartridges to the Gypsy so that when I create a file on the machine I can cut it out on my Expression. I think I will try one or two before linking all of them to make sure I'm doing OK.

I saw a video online that implied I will need to do some stuff to update my Expression once I connect the Gypsy to that for cutting, but I haven't gotten to this part yet. That's up next too.

Hope this is helpful. I'm a newbie myself.
SassyLady Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:03:54 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Amyrod wrote:
I just did too. What a great deal at Michaels ($149.99 through tomorrow), and I'm so excited to start playing with my new Gypsy!

First thing I did was purchase the protective sleeve and put it on because I'm a spaz and am worried about wrecking it.

Then I registered my unit with ProvoCraft. To do this, I plugged it in, turned it on and connected it to my Mac with the enclosed USB connector cable.

I downloaded and installed the Gypsy Sync software from ProvoCraft.

Then I used the software to sync the Gypsy and get the latest software and cartridges downloaded. I think I had to do this twice, maybe three times.

As I was doing all this, an e-mail from Provocraft arrived in my inbox from registering. At the bottom of the e-mail was a code to get 200 rewards points for purchasing the Gypsy at Michaels. So I also went to Cricut rewards to get credit for the points to my account.

Up next, I will be linking my cartridges to the Gypsy so that when I create a file on the machine I can cut it out on my Expression. I think I will try one or two before linking all of them to make sure I'm doing OK.

I saw a video online that implied I will need to do some stuff to update my Expression once I connect the Gypsy to that for cutting, but I haven't gotten to this part yet. That's up next too.

Hope this is helpful. I'm a newbie myself.

All the right steps.... next it is time to start designing. Please join in our weekly challenge and post a project. I realize you are not ready yet to jump through all the hoops on this project so please lable your entry 1 week ownder and anything you enter will qualify! We want you to learn with us, but it will take a little to catch up. Also I run Gypsy Made Simple on Saturday mornings on my blog, giving you step by step instructions on how to create things. Do check that out as it should get you up and designing in no time at all.

GYPSY HAPPY DANCE
FOR BOTH OF YOU!
juicyfruities Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 3:56:32 PM(UTC)
juicyfruities

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I watched a ton of gypsy tutorials on YOUTUBE and all these wonderful messageboarders that have tutorials on their blogs.
 1 user thanked juicyfruities for this useful post.
suzqucrafter21 on 9/26/2010(UTC)
xcountrymom Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:37:54 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Well that makes 3 of us that got our Gypsy's from M's this week! I too picked one up and followed all the same steps as Amyrod. I just love my new G I am able to sit and design while hubby is watching tv. I didn't have to update my expression I just plugged in my G and it cut out fine (maybe my E was up to date already? I'm not sure). I've only cut a few things out so far but I'm loving not having to load carts in each and every time I use my E. Enjoy your new Gypsy! BigGrin
ScrappinMom4 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:08:28 AM(UTC)
ScrappinMom4

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Make that 4 who purchased this weekend. :) I have completed all the steps too and loaded my carts...ready to design as soon as I can break myself away from my old addition of reading about the Gypsy! lol

Rhonda :)
DeborahCar Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:01:22 PM(UTC)
DeborahCar

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I missed the sale! Always a day late and dollar short! Congratulations ladies on your new Gypsys. I want one!!!!

Liz Caruso Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 2:50:15 PM(UTC)
Liz Caruso

Hi Everyone,
I just got one during the Michael's sale too. I purchased it on the 26th, so I wanted to mention to DeborahCar that I think the sale is still going on just in case you are still thinking of getting one. I did all of the steps mentioned above, but also wanted to add a link to the Provo Craft website to download the user manual. I printed it out and will be reading more tonight. It is a PDF file and takes a minute or two to load.
Hope this helps,
Liz
Gypsy User Manual
DeborahCar Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:37:14 PM(UTC)
DeborahCar

How I wish I could get one now! That is a wonderful price. My son started college in August and it is just me helping him. I cannot justify buying one now. I will scrimp and save and buy one eventually. Until then, I will read everything on the boards and share your excitement. Drool
M.Whitehurst Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:15:50 PM(UTC)
M.Whitehurst

I to was at M's on a whim last week and saw the the Gypsy was $149.What Christmas in September!! So I went to check out and they said they did not have anymore. Raincheck? No of course not. Another store close by? Manager said maybe some were upstairs in boxes..... Long story short I got a Gypsy. Whoo Hoo!Registered, updated, loaded all my carts & now I am ready to design.BigGrin
Scootingranny Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 5:14:51 PM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3539 time(s) in 1918 post(s)
How do I know if my Gypsy sync worked? It said something about "Cleaning up Gypsy Resources" on my computer and then...nothing there (no gypsy tracking thing showing how far the sync had gone) and the new photo app icon is now on my gypsy. Does that mean it's now ok to link my carts?
DanielNickeson Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:30:34 AM(UTC)
DanielNickeson

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

I got one too, but, after downloading and applying the update... I can't link any cartridges.
it won't start with one plugged in and after I start it and click link cartridge and then plug in cartridge it dies.

????

Any assistance is appreciated

Dan
JSClemsonFan Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:22:41 PM(UTC)
JSClemsonFan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
DeborahCar wrote:
I missed the sale! Always a day late and dollar short! Congratulations ladies on your new Gypsys. I want one!!!!

My Michael's still had the sign up today that they are $149. Have you checked to see if yours does too?? They are usually $150 on Amazon...maybe get one that way. :)
DeborahCar Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:30:32 PM(UTC)
DeborahCar

Woo hoo! I have a Gypsy! It is an early Birthday/Christmas present. My birthday is December 22, so combo gifts are the rule. I am charging and updating it as we speak. I cannot wait to design something. I don't know when I will link my cartridges. I will play with it for a few days to make sure nothing is wrong before I link.

I am so excited.
ChristineC Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:52:19 PM(UTC)
ChristineC

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just got one at Michael's too for 149! Just registered and set it all up. Linked all my carts and am now updating my Cricut since it wouldn't link the George. I have the original cricut. I didn't even think to play with what is on there before linking but I am so excited! Printed out the 47 page manual too! Have fun ladies!
TracyVB Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:37:25 PM(UTC)
TracyVB

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Ladies, enjoy your new toy! Scrapbooking will never be the same!
 1 user thanked TracyVB for this useful post.
Amyrod on 9/28/2010(UTC)
PattiCarnelos Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 9:01:26 AM(UTC)
PattiCarnelos

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Just play with it and read what the ladies on MB has to say about what they do and did.. You will love it. I know that I do.

Good Luck

PattiFlapper
Longtimelurker Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 2:27:34 PM(UTC)
Longtimelurker

Is it me or are there a ton of us gypsy newbies. I just got mine (not from Michaels) the other day and have it all set up and ready to go and all I can think of is "now what" too. Someone should give us a challenge specifically for us newbies. Any takers?
CindyVelotta Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 3:06:33 PM(UTC)
CindyVelotta

I bought my gypsy last Saturday at Michaels as well. I almost bought one a few weeks ago at the $199 price so I was glad I waited. I am designing every night and even cut some things out. I have a weekend retreat coming up in a few weeks so I want to make sure I know what I am doing before I go.