Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CH1 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:33:39 PM(UTC)
CH1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
gypsy and design studio...what to do? I've ds for about a year and have never hooked it up to the computer and just bought the gypsy today at M's because it was on sale. Trying to decide if I'm going to keep it, people seem to have problems updating,and hooking it up...and I'm really not to computer savvy. What do you think, and what about my ds.

Thanks for any comments
lilypad crafts Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:47:38 PM(UTC)
lilypad crafts

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

BigGrin very good question. I have both. I like D.S. because I can do a project om my laptop while watching tv and just save printing for later. The Gypsy had a long learning curve for me and at first I didn't like it. Now its the only way to go.
Have fun with bothFlapper
Mike
LenoreSovereign Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 4:55:03 AM(UTC)
LenoreSovereign

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I have DS and never found it easy to use. A few months back I bought a Gypsy and I love it. It is very user friendly and I love having all of my carts available at the push of a button. There are so many tutorials and videos available online making learning the Gypsy fun and easy. Smile
Doxieluv01 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:33:17 AM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
I have both DS and the Gypsy. I love my gypsy so much more then DS probably because the gypsy has the group all function. The screen size I really thought was going to be a problem but with the ability to zoom (it's either 3 or 4 times) I haven't had a problem with seeing small shapes.

I take my gypsy to work every day and get design time in almost every day at lunch so then when I actually have time to create I'm cutting and assembling rather than designing
TheBugBytes Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:42:56 AM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
CH1 wrote:
gypsy and design studio...what to do? I've ds for about a year and have never hooked it up to the computer and just bought the gypsy today at M's because it was on sale. Trying to decide if I'm going to keep it, people seem to have problems updating,and hooking it up...and I'm really not to computer savvy. What do you think, and what about my ds.

Thanks for any comments

They both co exist beautifully!BigGrin
When I am on laptop doing something I play with CDS and then just convert to G and work on it and vice versa.
I usually have 2 versions of all files CDS and gypsy and it is bth wonderful in it's own way
I love grouping feature in G and the sizing handles in CDS
Best of both worlds. So keep both
But G has a catch - you can only link the cartridges to one gypsy and after you link you cannot sell the cartridges..
Gypsy you can reformat and sell (without the cartriges) but the buyer will not have warranty
 1 user thanked TheBugBytes for this useful post.
CH1 on 10/3/2010(UTC)
CH1 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 11:15:41 AM(UTC)
CH1

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
thank you bugbytes, I went to your blog last night for info on updating, etc the gypsy. I worry about problems. But between you and a number of videos on you tube I think I'm ready. After work I'm going to go for it. Thank you for the info.
BarbP Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:44:02 PM(UTC)
BarbP

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I also have both DS & Gypsy.

I loved using DS when it came out & had no problems. Now I love my Gypsy & have had no problems. I can't remember the last time I used DS. It has been surpassed by my Gypsy. LOL I wonder what will take the place of my Gypsy in the future as I'm sure some new improved version will come along eventually. Drool