Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:46:12 AM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Okay, maybe I expected too much, FlapperFlapper maybe I just haven't figured out how to do it.
I really enjoy my G. When I purchased my her, they advertised that users would be able to put photos on it. SOLD!! ...sort of..
I believed that I would be able to plan LO's which included the cart designs and ALSO placement of my photos on the same screen.
PC finally got the long-promised photo software to work consistently on the G, but why can't I have what I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant??! Crying Crying I want to see the photos on the same screen as my LO!
Did anyone else expect this feature? Confused Confused
paperlover Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:16:33 AM(UTC)
paperlover

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 88 post(s)
I think some people are still expecting that eventually. In fact, some want the new imagine to print the whole layout with photos.....eventually. Here is my take on it though...best not to purchase a PC product for the sole reason of what may eventually happen....if you like what it does now, and there aren't too many people on the message board complaining about it...get it. Otherwise keep watching, reading and researching. There will always be those that buy it right out of the gate and you get to benefit from their experience for free! Just something to think about for next time. I realize it doesn't help now.
 1 user thanked paperlover for this useful post.
MissAnn on 10/4/2010(UTC)
TheBugBytes Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:27:02 AM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ wrote:
Okay, maybe I expected too much, FlapperFlapper maybe I just haven't figured out how to do it.
I really enjoy my G. When I purchased my her, they advertised that users would be able to put photos on it. SOLD!! ...sort of..
I believed that I would be able to plan LO's which included the cart designs and ALSO placement of my photos on the same screen.
PC finally got the long-promised photo software to work consistently on the G, but why can't I have what I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant??! Crying Crying I want to see the photos on the same screen as my LO!
Did anyone else expect this feature? Confused Confused

Some did but it said that we will have that only as photo albumBigGrin I want lots of other stuff too
1. Ability to place the images bigger than the mat anywhere . No point in having an update if we can't place it where we want!!
2. Closing the file instead of having to go to all the trouble of opening another file and then opening back the same file
3. No Glitch updates :)
4. Ability to know if a cartridge has been linked to Gypsy without risking it by trying to connect it and only then get a message that it is linked. :)

Soapsfan Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 11:11:47 AM(UTC)
Soapsfan

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I thought that the photo feature was going to be for putting photos on the mat to design layouts around also. I never read anything about it but I didn't know what else you would want the photo feature for and I kept reading how a lot of people really wanted it. So I was bouncing around in my own little bubble and was a little surprised when it finally was there and all it did was allow me to put photos on my G Blushing
I'm not sure what the point is so I think maybe they will make it work that way. I was reading someones blog (wish I could remember whose) and she uses the photo app to download layout sketches onto her G. I thought that was a great idea, now to find where she gets them from, lol.
 1 user thanked Soapsfan for this useful post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 12:14:41 PM(UTC)

Soapsfan wrote:
I thought that the photo feature was going to be for putting photos on the mat to design layouts around also. I never read anything about it but I didn't know what else you would want the photo feature for and I kept reading how a lot of people really wanted it. So I was bouncing around in my own little bubble and was a little surprised when it finally was there and all it did was allow me to put photos on my G Blushing
I'm not sure what the point is so I think maybe they will make it work that way. I was reading someones blog (wish I could remember whose) and she uses the photo app to download layout sketches onto her G. I thought that was a great idea, now to find where she gets them from, lol.

That was the thing. What they initially advertised was kinda vague. I mean, it wasn't false by any stretch but it wasn't very clear. I REALLY like that last bit about using the photo app to download LO sketches! That is a great idea. I'm going to figure out how to do that and hunt for some. I guess it would also be a great way to scraplift designs while searching through magazines huh? Hmmm Oh! Even more, as I'm decluttering and reducing, I could recreate the LO designs from the books that I won't be keeping. GREAT feedback Soapfan!

I love my G I just wish it did more with the photos than that display them. Flapper

Thanks so much for sharing!
CLC Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 7:03:43 AM(UTC)
CLC

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 13 post(s)
While I wait for what might be coming in the future for the photo feature, I have downloaded all of the *.jpg files of the back of the cartridge boxes that I have linked. As I travel with my Gypsy and use it in airports and hotels often, I don't always remember to bring the books that I want. This way I have a good color and layer reference stored in the machine.
 1 user thanked CLC for this useful post.
goatesgirl Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 3:36:31 PM(UTC)
goatesgirl

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I use mine when when shopping...this way I don't have to bring all my pics with me to find the perfect matching paper
#8 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 3:43:13 PM(UTC)

goatesgirl wrote:
I use mine when when shopping...this way I don't have to bring all my pics with me to find the perfect matching paper

Really... would you mind elaborating?
This sounds fascinating.
TIA