Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DonnaManley Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 1:12:19 PM(UTC)
DonnaManley

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone! I just got a cricut expression and gypsy and I need to cut an oval that is 2.25" long x 1" wide. So I can fit 30 on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper. How do I do that? I go to cut a 2.25" oval and it's 1.5" wide. So frustrating. I'm trying to cut out tags. Are there any word documents out there for these sizes that it cuts? I can only find word doc templates for avery labels. HELP!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!
creativecatsdesigns Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 1:44:19 PM(UTC)
creativecatsdesigns

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Donna,

I'm not sure if this answers your question but if you want to cut your oval with specific dimensions then all you have to do is choose your oval. On your basic screen the dimensions are listed, under the dimensions is a little chain. It is probably highlighted yellow. If you click on the chain so it is white, then you can click on your height and width dimensions individually. Make your height 2.25" and your width 1".

Hopefully this helps. Good luck!BigGrin
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:15:35 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
DonnaManley wrote:
Hi everyone! I just got a cricut expression and gypsy and I need to cut an oval that is 2.25" long x 1" wide. So I can fit 30 on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper. How do I do that? I go to cut a 2.25" oval and it's 1.5" wide. So frustrating. I'm trying to cut out tags. Are there any word documents out there for these sizes that it cuts? I can only find word doc templates for avery labels. HELP!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Are you using a Cricut? And Imagine? Gypsy? Design Studio?

Using a Cricut, you cannot change one measurement independently of the other. Generally, you set the size which is the height of the image and your Cricut sets the width to keep the image in proportion.

Using a Gypsy or Design Studio, you can change one measurement.
Larkspur Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:39:00 PM(UTC)
Larkspur

United States

Was thanked: 2460 time(s) in 1719 post(s)
I have Design Studio... it is VERY handy for getting just the right size.. I love it.
All hours crafter Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:39:12 PM(UTC)
All hours crafter

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I agree with Larkspur about Design Studio. It is worth every penny. That was one of my main reasons for getting DS because I was wasting too much paper and wanted to know the exact measurements both height and width.
~tallulah~ Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:33:20 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
since you do have the gypsy you can select the width and height by first highlighting the oval (it will be blue) then by tapping on the chain link under the dimensions (as mentioned above).

tap on the chain link then the width, a number pad will come up, tap on that and another number pad will come up and you can put the width in. then tap on the height, the same thing will happen with the number pads. tap on the chain link again to make it yellow, this makes it so they are locked.

also click on the real size button. it looks like a small a with a line above it.

you can also copy and paste the oval so you don't have to do each one individually. and you can place them on the mat (on the g screen( where you want them to maximize your paper.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:37:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified