Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ScrapR Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:47:26 PM(UTC)
ScrapR

Groups: Registered

Ok I Got the 12x24 cricut size paper pad. when I did try to use it today it keeps telling me size wont work. I did try all the sizes. I dont know what I am doing wrong. can someone tell me how to makea paper doll out of this size. I would like to make it as big as I can. thanks
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:15:52 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2394 time(s) in 2146 post(s)
Did you change the size on the Cricut machine? It's under settings.
All hours crafter Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:22:17 PM(UTC)
All hours crafter

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I recently did this for a friend of mine for his classroom but used Design Studio.
The one thing I did have to do for the body and any layers that went "off the page" was to restart DS after each cut but I was able to get it done.

If you are able to do a search on the old boards or possibly check the Classroom section there, I remember someone doing them for a Thanksgiving bulletin board with pilgrams and Indians. I believe they used the fit to page and then went from there.

Would love to find out a more precise answer also.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:14:28 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
Did you try the PORTRAIT button on the E; don't know which machine you're using.
It just seems to me that might work. When we use the 12X12, everything cuts from left to right, which will always be the 12" side of the 12X24. Wouldn't portrait cut on the 12X24 up and down, which to me means you need to use PORTRAIT.

I don't always know how to think these things out; makes sense to me, though.

Char
ScrapR Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 5:04:15 AM(UTC)
ScrapR

I did try all of these and cant get any of them to work. is there a number I can call and they can walk me step by step maybe. I dont know what I am doing wrong.Confused
MamaC2 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 5:27:13 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
I cut a paper doll using "Portrait" and "Fit to Page" on the 12x24 mat...just this morning. The figure will cut at 16 inches.

I used the Expression, only.

Before loading your 12x24 mat, press "Settings". Then scroll through all the information on the screen by hitting "OK". When you come to size of the mat, be sure to use the arrows to move to 12x24. Then hit "OK". Then...press "Settings" again. This closes the "Settings" function.

Now, press "Portrait", then load your mat. The blade housing will move to the left of your E to begin cutting.

Since you know the size the figure will cut, all you have to do is set the measurement for 16 inches. You do not have to press "Fit to Page"...you already know the size to cut.

Choose your image and cut! Leave the measurement at 16 inches to cut all the accessories.

***by the way*** you can now start using your 12x12 mat to cut all the accessories! Everything will fit! I keep the "Portrait" mode activated while cutting all accessories.

I hope this is helpful!
 2 users thanked MamaC2 for this useful post.
lyndisan on 10/22/2010(UTC), All hours crafter on 10/22/2010(UTC)
ScrapR Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 7:29:53 AM(UTC)
ScrapR

MamaC wrote:
I cut a paper doll using "Portrait" and "Fit to Page" on the 12x24 mat...just this morning. The figure will cut at 16 inches.

I used the Expression, only.

Before loading your 12x24 mat, press "Settings". Then scroll through all the information on the screen by hitting "OK". When you come to size of the mat, be sure to use the arrows to move to 12x24. Then hit "OK". Then...press "Settings" again. This closes the "Settings" function.

Now, press "Portrait", then load your mat. The blade housing will move to the left of your E to begin cutting.

Since you know the size the figure will cut, all you have to do is set the measurement for 16 inches. You do not have to press "Fit to Page"...you already know the size to cut.

Choose your image and cut! Leave the measurement at 16 inches to cut all the accessories.

***by the way*** you can now start using your 12x12 mat to cut all the accessories! Everything will fit! I keep the "Portrait" mode activated while cutting all accessories.

I hope this is helpful!

Thank you so much. I did get it to cut. but it is not the full size. can i not get it all the way down on the page. thanks so much again.
MamaC2 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 12:14:43 PM(UTC)
MamaC2

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
You can't get the image to cut all the way down the page with the E by itself. I don't know about using the Gypsy or Design Studio.

It is all about proportion. To keep the image in proportion and use a 12x6, 12x12, or 12x24, there are certain proportions to the image. I don't think the image would look right if it were stretched to fit the 12x24...JMHO!