Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Linda Ajello Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 8:05:31 AM(UTC)
Linda Ajello

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 68 post(s)
came across this picture- My daughter Megan, 16, had surgery July 30- a spinal fusion to help her severe scoliosis which had compromised her lung capacity. This surgery involved 34 scres and two metal rods placed in an 8 and half hour surgery. She loves crafts and starting the DAY she came home from the hospital- after a scary stay in the ICU- she started with her machines. Since Meg's CP affects her hands, and she can not walk, she needs special equipment to cut things, color them etc.
We do a LOT of charity stuff in our family- everyone must get involved. Megan uses her Cricut to make signs for charity. Even though she is not in an official Special Olympics program, we do a lemonade stand for Special Olympics at our home. this year we raised over 4000! dollars. Megan made signs and sold lemonade in August- the very first day she had company after her major surgery. now we are working on bowlathon signs. She uses her machine to help her get involved with the charity work. see pic of her and friend with the sign she made. Note that she was so soon after the surgery she still had pillows supporting her in her wheelchair. She is doing great now and i am SO proud of her finding a way to help people. To all the special educators- THANK YOU for encouraging our kids to get involved - in whatever capacity they can! [img]meganmatt[/img]

Edited by user Friday, October 29, 2010 8:09:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Linda Ajello attached the following image(s):
lemonadeaug22.jpg
 2 users thanked Linda Ajello for this useful post.
MoniqueBatiste on 11/22/2010(UTC), creativemamma on 3/5/2011(UTC)
JessicaDeJesus Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 5:53:48 PM(UTC)
JessicaDeJesus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
God bless you and your daughter. I am a special educator and I need to thank YOU for being positive, encouraging and supportive for your daughter!! Some children are born with a natural resilience and some children have incredible parents who encourage them to believe and achieve!! Always focus on abilities!!
It's funny that I came across this post because I just purchased my cricut with the intent of making a poster that says "I believe in me and I can achieve anything!"
I'll post a picture when I'm done!
 1 user thanked JessicaDeJesus for this useful post.
Linda Ajello on 11/7/2010(UTC)
BrendaTurner Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:16:42 PM(UTC)
BrendaTurner

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you so much for this post. I am the Mother of a Special need child and I have five adopted special needs grandchildren. I had never thought to let them use my Cricut until I read your post. That will be on top of my list from now on.
 1 user thanked BrendaTurner for this useful post.
Linda Ajello on 1/6/2011(UTC)