Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JenniferRumsby Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:30:49 AM(UTC)
JenniferRumsby

Groups: Registered

Hello I am a newbie to this site and have a Cricut Expression and getting used to it. Have been to some classes and really enjoying it.

I do have problems with my mat curling at the edge after it has been through the Cricut - I have placed it further to the left but this does not seem to make much difference. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please.

I am also very confused with the cardstock that works best with the Cricut - I have used the DCWV teConfused xtured cardstock with a white core and it is awful - I think this is not the right card for me - any advice to a "rookie" would be grweatrly appreciated.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:48:21 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
If you putting the mat to the left, it probably rubbing against the side of the machine as it moves back and forth. There is a little ridge on the right side of the loading bay. That is the mat guide. Make sure your mat butts up to it as it loads. No only will your mat go in straight and be perfectly placed under the rubber grippers on the bar, but it won't hit against that left side and curl (although, there will be curling after extended use). Also, rotate which end you use as the leading edge when you load the mat. The edge with the arrow and the opposite edge will load the same.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Penguin Collector on 10/16/2010(UTC)
LaGeorgiaPaperie Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:41:47 PM(UTC)
LaGeorgiaPaperie

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
The white core DCWV doesn't work well in the Cricut. I mainly use the Recollections cardstock from Michaels, it cuts great, and you can get it pretty cheap too when it's on sale. I also like Bazzill, it's a bit thicker, so might not work for all cuts, but in general its worked well for me.
Alla_S Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 2:12:21 PM(UTC)
Alla_S

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 52 post(s)
I ink the edges with similiar or contrasting color to hide the white...I've used ink pads and Sharpie markers.
sunflowerbug Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:03:38 PM(UTC)
sunflowerbug

Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 150 post(s)
I've had the problem with the white core paper.It just doesn't want to cut clean.Must be very fiberous.
MommaK Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:46:51 AM(UTC)
MommaK

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
JenniferRumsby wrote:
I am also very confused with the cardstock that works best with the Cricut - I have used the DCWV teConfused xtured cardstock with a white core and it is awful - I think this is not the right card for me - any advice to a "rookie" would be grweatrly appreciated.

Above Rubies Studio has an awesome cutting guide that lists every paper imaginable along with the best cut settings for your cricut. It is quite long, but if you print it in booklet setting and fold in half it's not so bad.

I have paper I use regularly and have written down the settings for each of them on a post-it and have it attached to my cricut. Hope this helps you as much as it did me.