Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

oicu812 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 7:37:58 PM(UTC)
oicu812

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
i need help loading my blade into the blade assembly. I keep trying to cut the 4th of july cut on the independence cart, but it looks like the cat chewed it up by the time i get it weeded. I think maybe my blade might be turned the wrong direction. I have the little black arrow on the assembley facing me, so which way should the blade face (the side that slants up)? toward me, to the left or right or to the back of the machine. Hope this makes sense to someone.
CricketCMV Online
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:17:59 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8150 time(s) in 4774 post(s)
Sarah - I have noticed that the blade seems to swivel within the housing, myself, so I never quite understood why the black arrow should face out toward us.

BUT, I always insert it that way, anyway. AND, I think the blade corrects itself inside the housing after we set it for our first cut.

We just need to always have that black arrow facing out. I have never much of a problem with cuts and I always make sure that black arrow faces me (or just slightly left of the crack where the screw stops when it is screwed in securely.

Be sure the screw is secure (as tight as possible without over-tightening). I just went out and read under "education" on the CRICUT site and on Page 9. of the manual it shows a blade being inserted, but there are no specific instructions on which way it should go in. It does state that the blade positions itself once the machine is powered on--this is where I don't think it matters how it's inserted into the housing because it adjusts itself somehow.

I happen to use setting 6 (with number 6 directly above the black arrow) for all my paper cuts. I have NEVER had much trouble, unless my mat wasn't sticky enough to hold my cuts down (I like to brayer my paper onto the mat, especially where I know my cut is going to be). I have used my original blade since I got my Expression in February 2009 and have used it extensively (not every day, but probably on average of every other day). I have also only bought four mats in all that time and used only three of them. I still have my original mat, which has many, many cuts on it.

HTH! If not, maybe someone else will offer something that will be of help to you.

Char
CricketCMV Online
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:21:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8150 time(s) in 4774 post(s)
Sorry, but I thought I would add another post that might be helpful.

I find that most cuts (especially the more delicate ones) come out really good on contact paper. If you have some, try your cut on it, to see if you get a good cut on something other than what you are using. At least you might know if the paper you are using is a little inferior. I have used some of the lighter-weight, softer papers that don't do so well on smaller cuts.

Good luck.

Let us know when you find something that helps you; as it will help many on the boards who are having the same problem.

Char
*Karel* Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:31:19 PM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
The black arrow on the blade assembly is the indicator for the blade depth. Having it toward you helps you to see the depth. If you are not getting good cuts it could be that the blade number needs lowering, or the pressure , or the speed, or a combination of all 3. That is assuming that you don't have a 'blunt' blade.
PamWooden Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 12:27:47 PM(UTC)
PamWooden

I just got my Cricut and I can't get it to cut! I've tried everything I know...rereading and rereading.....HELP! I wondered about the black arrow and I have it in the position it says...facing forward.
Doxieluv01 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 6:56:44 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
PamWooden wrote:
I just got my Cricut and I can't get it to cut! I've tried everything I know...rereading and rereading.....HELP! I wondered about the black arrow and I have it in the position it says...facing forward.

is your blade installed like this

have you adjusted your blade depth (number on the housing) pressure and speed?