Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Alicia Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:38:09 PM(UTC)
Alicia

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I'm just starting out with a cricut. What accessories do I need? I will be getting two cartridges, deep blade housing and blade, and a mat. Is there anything else that I need that will be essential?
ConstanceShortel Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:58:21 PM(UTC)
ConstanceShortel

Was thanked: 1199 time(s) in 859 post(s)
You probably don't NEED anything else other than paper, but I've found the spatula very helpful. Probably need another mat too, since you'll be doing a bunch of "practicing" with the pressure set too high. You'll need some type of adhesive, Zig pen is great for layering those small cuts.
Alaskacricut Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:41:38 PM(UTC)
Alaskacricut

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 223 post(s)
Hi Alicia! WELCOME to the message board (mb). Constance is right, the spatula is such a helpful tool! You can usually find one at Joann's, Michaels and Walmart. Extra mats are a good idea to. There is a wonderful FREE cutting guide to download at www.aboverubiesstudio.com . You might find ths useful. Do you know what carts you are getting? Are you in to card making or scrapbook layouts, or all of it? There are "stickles", which is bottles of pretty glitter with glue, they really add a beautiful touch to projects, it isn't a must have, but they are fun! A great way to see what comes on the carts is go to the cart forum and see what people have posted under the cart name, you can get some great ideas, also there is the card forum and layout forum to look at to!! If you have any questions or need help just ask!! Again welcome! Kathy
Alicia Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:45:26 AM(UTC)
Alicia

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Thank you so much for the advice! I actually ended up buying a big package through cricutmachine.com I got doodlebug, storybook, Home Accent and stretch your imagination! I have about 6 others on my wish list! I'm so excited for it to get here.