Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LynO Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 6:47:05 AM(UTC)
LynO

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is anyone else having a problem with DS freezing when you go through the help to check for updates? I reinstalled my DS following the blog instructions due to freezing issues, but it continues to freeze when I select check for updates. I need to update my Expression and can't do that because of this issue.

Are we suppose to update our machines somewhere else, now?? Anyone have any suggestions? I am gearing up for the holiday projects and want to get my equipment and programs current. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.Unsure

Lyn
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:55:44 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2262 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
don't have DS check for updates it doesn't find them. to get updates go to this website http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx and you will find DS updates there
Laurie3333 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:57:33 PM(UTC)
Laurie3333

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I know this post is kind of old, but I thought I'd share what helped me. I was having the same problem when I tried to update DS. It would freeze, etc. What you need to do is make sure your Expression is totally off before you connect it to your PC with the USB cable. Then go to update firmware and follow instructions. If the Expression is on when you try to update, it will freeze and stop responding. Took me several tries to figure this out. Works like a charm as long as the Expression is off when you begin the update. HOpe this helps. BigGrin