Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kookikreations Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:10:48 AM(UTC)
Kookikreations

Groups: Registered

I love the cute little boy with the fishing rod, and I think the grasshopper in the jar would be really cte with it if I could make it small enough. Thing is, even when I made the grasshopper in the jar in a 4 1/2in size, the pieces were still relatively hard to take off the mat (even with Cricut spatula) and glue down. So, I'm scared that when I cut the grasshopper pieces out teeny tiny, that they are going to rip when I take them off the mat...Anyway to prevent that from happening? Any solutions??
PS- I know this is a really beginner q, but hey, I've only had my Expression for a little over a week. Blushing

Edited by user Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:13:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: One of the sentences didn't show up.

Moe Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2011 8:09:44 PM(UTC)
Moe

I am wondering the same thing. I tried to make the piano and the pinao keys would not fit on it.
Love the cart if only I could figure it out.

Moe
MsHope2012 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:58:24 AM(UTC)
MsHope2012

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I hate those little, tiny pieces. When I do cut them, I carefully take them off with the spatula. Then, I put them right into my Xyron sticker maker so I don't lose them. Sometimes I still lose them and end up cutting them by hand. I just use bits of scraps and cut them. They don't have to be perfect.

However, one thing I have started to do that I love is to use draw the pieces with a paint marker or a sharpie. Some shapes actually look better when you draw them. For example, months and eyes are really simple to just draw on. I hate where I get glue or adhesive all over my images because of the size. Another thing that I do is draw or cover gluey shapes with glitter glue! It really makes the images "pop."

I really prefer the cuts that utilize the negative shapes instead of having all these teeny pieces. They are a pain.

http://learningcurve2012.blogspot.com
 1 user thanked MsHope2012 for this useful post.
Doxmom17 on 6/13/2013(UTC)