Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NewbieCricutGal Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 7:30:44 AM(UTC)
NewbieCricutGal

Groups: Registered

Has anyone else had any problems with the images on this cartridges not "meeting"? Especially with the overlay portions of the images? I have tried multiple machines and new mats, blades, etc. but some of them just will not work right.
Cricutgirlg Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 9:10:41 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 305 post(s)
I haven't had this problem that I can recall. I own several carts (160) could you specify which carts? Maybe some has had the same experience with the particular cart that you mentioned.
NewbieCricutGal Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 5:09:12 PM(UTC)
NewbieCricutGal

I'm new to the forums and wasn't sure how they worked. I thought since I was in that cart's area that my post would only show up there. I am talking about the Summer in Paris in this particular instance, but I have had the problem with a few different carts. I just bought a Baby Bug, a Lime Expressions (one of the limited edition that Walmart had for Black Friday), and a Gypsy. And I own about 8 physical carts including the one that came with my baby bug and the two with my Expressions, plus the 7 virtual carts I got with my Gypsy. Some of those eight that I purchased are "seasonal" or "lite" carts, and I must say I have been extremely disappointed that fully half of my carts (including those that came with my Expressions!) are not even supported by the Gypsy yet! But aside from that, the Inspired Heart (a lite cart), Summer in Paris (seasonal), and Quarter Note (full shapes cart) all have several places where the cuts either don't meet up, or are so thin (even in a larger image size) that it is impossible to keep them from tearing. And in a few places, the machine itself even cuts right through because of how the blade goes over it. So it's not like just using thicker cardstock would solve the issue...

I'm not really new to the Cricut, because I have demo'ed it at one of the large chain craft stores on multiple occasions (not as a PC rep; just as an employee of the store), and have also used the Gypsy many times before I bought it. I had never had any of these issues during all my time demo'ing, nor using my friend's machine, or any other time I've been exposed to the Cricut products. All the cartridges I am having these problems with seem to be the new ones that were released this year or late last year. I can't help but wonder if it is an issue with how quickly PC is trying to release the carts now. I love how many are available (part of the reason I decided to jump in head first to the world of Cricut) but if they are going to have problems with the images, it kinds of defeats the point...

Anyway, any help anyone can provide as to how i may be able to avoid these issues would be most appreciated.

TIA,
Linda in Virginia