Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages123>»
14cross Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:34:53 PM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
The idea for this message is for you to post questions that you feel many people might need the answer to. These questions should revolve around Imagine features, not around product updates or questions of curiosity. In other words they should mostly be "How to" questions that first time readers will want to know the answer to. Everyone will then be able to go to this one post and hopefully find the answer to their question without having to search the whole forum.

I will read all questions posted, and then, if I decide it should be answered here, I will copy and past the question into this message and will include the answer immediately following the question. I will then delete the original posted question so that this post will not get cluttered up.

So ask away. Even if you know the answer already, go ahead and post it so that others can learn the answer.

Chris
Provo Craft

Q. How do we use a pattern from one imagine cartrige with another imagine cartridge?
A. You must first insert the cartridge containing the pattern you wish to use. Then you must "cache" the pattern. Instructions for caching patterns can be found here. Then insert the cartridge containing the image you want to use. Edit the image by clicking on the pencil icon on the image. Scroll to the right of the patterns and colors and you will see your cached pattern. Click on it and it will fill your image with your cached pattern.

Q. Will we eventually be able to intergrate color from the Imagine into the original cartridges images or the Gypsy images?
A. You can currently use any color or pattern on any Cricut or Imagine image.

Q. Is there a correct way to change our carts in the I? For example, is hotswapping an issue? Do we need to turn it off to change any carts (Imagine or regular)?
A. You can hot swap your both Cricut and your Imagine cartridges. You do not need to turn off the Imagine first.

Q. Will we eventually be able to link our I carts to out G?
A. This will be part of a future update.

Q. Will we eventually be able to flood fill images (print & cut) when using our G with the I?
A. This will be part of a future update.

Q. Can I use my jukebox loaded with my original cartridges with the Imagine?
A. Yes, Jukebox is compatible with the Imagine.

Q. How do we change the size of the shapes that come in the Imagine library?
A. Select an Image on your Imagine Screen. You will see a green Pencil icon. Select it. This will take you to the Edit screen. At the bottom center of the screen you will see the size +/- button. Press on the + or - to increase or decrease the size of your image.

Q. If I travel to crops and take my Imagine with me that will I have to calibrate it everytime? Is it a bad idea to take my I places with me?
A. You can take your Imagine to Crops. When you set it up after arriving, do a test cut and see if it needs to be calibrated. Generally, it should not need to be recalibrated unless it takes a hard hit.

Q. At the end of all the shape templates there are some with numbers on them. Can you explain a little about them for me?
A. The numbers represent the size ratio of the width to the hight of the rectangle. So if I select the 5:7 rectangle and size it to five inches high, the rectangle will be seven inches wide.

Q. Will we ever be able to use the Imagine as a printer?
A. At this point HP restricts us from allowing this.

Q. Will I ever be able to use my Imagine with Design Studio?
When Design Studio was written it took advantage of the latest code and language. But now DS cannot do all that we would like our customers to be able to do with the Imagine. We are working on a new project that we are very excited about and are confident you will be too.

Q. When using the Print Page function, what do the overspray settings Off, Medium and High do?
The Imagine is programed to spray ink onto a 12x12 area of the mat. If the overspray is set to Off then you will likely see a little bit of white around the edge of your paper where the ink did not spray. If you choose Medium then you will see a little more overspray and it should cover all of your paper. If you still see areas of your paper that did not get covered with ink then select High and it will overspray enough to cover all of your paper. I usually keep mine set at Medium as it does a good job of covering the whole page. Any ink that sprays onto the mat can and should be cleaned off as soon as possible with a wet rag or paper towel.

Q. While doing a Format and Restore, the update hangs up at "Send updated content." The progress bar does not advance. Cricut Sync asks me to restart my Imagine if the progress bar does not advance, which I do. but nothing happens. What should I do?
If restarting your Imagine does not help then unplug the white cable from the back of your Imagine and plug it back into the Imagine. The progress bar should now start to advance. You can do the same thing if your Imagine hangs up while doing a regular content update on Cricut Sync. Just unplug the cable from the back of the Imagine and plug it back in and your update should begin.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:57:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Changing name

23 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
PrincessKovach on 12/14/2010(UTC), *Heather* on 12/15/2010(UTC), *Karel* on 12/15/2010(UTC), sweettooth on 12/15/2010(UTC), O2BMe on 12/15/2010(UTC), HelenMaenner on 12/15/2010(UTC), serafinascrapping on 12/15/2010(UTC), GrammySue on 12/16/2010(UTC), Makeupgirl217 on 12/17/2010(UTC), ChatterScene on 12/31/2010(UTC), MichelePryor on 1/3/2011(UTC), LiveLaughScrap on 1/4/2011(UTC), YvonneLindsey on 1/5/2011(UTC), ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ on 1/7/2011(UTC), KTinKT on 1/10/2011(UTC), krafty kate on 1/11/2011(UTC), Shadow on 1/16/2011(UTC), VickiRomeo on 1/19/2011(UTC), Irene Salamon1 on 3/21/2011(UTC), sweetpea1030 on 4/8/2011(UTC), BacPac84 on 7/16/2011(UTC), bzymomof9 on 9/28/2011(UTC), creativeinputbylizbc814dcf on 7/3/2012(UTC)
anniehall Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 6:38:14 AM(UTC)
anniehall

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Chris
I've just ordered my Imagine so can't wait for it to arrive.

I have 2 questions for you:

1. Will we ever be able to use the Imagine as a printer? I have hundreds of 12 x 12 digital papers I've downloaded and would love to be able to send them to the Imagine for printing, rather than having to downsize them to A4.

2. My local Cricut supplier here in Kent, UK, told me this morning that I will be able to use my Design Studio with the Imagine once I've installed the current software update and will get full functionality, including printing. Reading through a load of posts over the weekend, most people seem to think that it is not possible to link DS to the Imagine. This has confused me. Can you clarify please.

Many thanks for your help

Annie
*Heather* Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:05:30 AM(UTC)
*Heather*

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Hello Chris

I have done several projects on the Imagine where I have created custom colours. The handbook tells you how to create them but not how to remove them. My palette is full; is there a quicker way than holding down the RGB arrows until back to 255 each, to reset them to white? The reason i would like to know is that if you are using several colours very similar it would be useful to be able to quickly delete the ones you do not want anymore. Numbering the boxes would be a useful addition to the program for quick reference

Many thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:16:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*Karel* Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:57:08 AM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hello Chris

I am aware that we all ask lots from you but...

Will we ever be able to set measurements in centimetres as well as inches on the Imagine?

I know we have the choice with the Gypsy. The reason I ask is because the majority of card blanks we purchase in the UK are metric. This would help with matting & layering and designing with the Imagine. At the moment I have to get the calculator out for conversion.

Thanks for all the time you give to the MB, we would all be 'lost' without your help

Karel
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:38:08 AM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Chris,
Here I am again.
I had to return my Imagine for a new replacement. I had just gotten it for Christmas, however my dad purchased it for me during the September 14, 2010 HSN launch. (already 4 months into the warrantee) I did have it registered (1st thing I always do)before it wasn't working.
My new one is due to arrive on Friday. I am going to register it too as soon as I get it out of the box.

My question is: Does my warrantee start on this machine from the day that I receive it?

Thanks,
Lori
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:07:17 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Hi Chris,
My laptop is preventing me from using cricutsync...is there another way for me to load drivers of USB Imagine ? I had to load everything via hubby's laptop Crying
Thanks in advance
Adele
14cross Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:51:30 PM(UTC)
14cross

LiveLaughScrap wrote:
Chris,
Here I am again.
I had to return my Imagine for a new replacement. I had just gotten it for Christmas, however my dad purchased it for me during the September 14, 2010 HSN launch. (already 4 months into the warrantee) I did have it registered (1st thing I always do)before it wasn't working.
My new one is due to arrive on Friday. I am going to register it too as soon as I get it out of the box.

My question is: Does my warrantee start on this machine from the day that I receive it?

Thanks,
Lori

It probably starts with the date of your purchase but I don't deal with that stuff. You might email Customer Service and ask them.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:53:19 PM(UTC)
14cross

AdeleKarabadji wrote:
Hi Chris,
My laptop is preventing me from using cricutsync...is there another way for me to load drivers of USB Imagine ? I had to load everything via hubby's laptop Crying
Thanks in advance
Adele

Likely your laptops' firewall or antivirus program is preventing Cricut Sync from running. Try disabling them temporarily while you run the updates.

Chris
Provo Craft
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:03:47 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

14cross wrote:
Likely your laptops' firewall or antivirus program is preventing Cricut Sync from running. Try disabling them temporarily while you run the updates.

Chris
Provo Craft

Thank Chris,
Tried them both but still can't load driver, any other suggestions please ?
14cross Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:18:42 PM(UTC)
14cross

AdeleKarabadji wrote:
Thank Chris,
Tried them both but still can't load driver, any other suggestions please ?

What antivirus program are you running? Is it Trend Micro?

Chris
Provo Craft
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:28:40 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

14cross wrote:
What antivirus program are you running? Is it Trend Micro?

Chris
Provo Craft

No mcAfee. i can use cricutsync with my gypsy but cant get it to recognise my Imagine USB. I have tried changing ports switching off etc but can't get it work...hubby has same laptop, windows 7 too and it worked on his that's how I got the updates gor Imagine but it is annoying not to be able to set a driver for imagines USB.
Thanks for your help
Adele
14cross Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:37:35 PM(UTC)
14cross

AdeleKarabadji wrote:
No mcAfee. i can use cricutsync with my gypsy but cant get it to recognise my Imagine USB. I have tried changing ports switching off etc but can't get it work...hubby has same laptop, windows 7 too and it worked on his that's how I got the updates gor Imagine but it is annoying not to be able to set a driver for imagines USB.
Thanks for your help
Adele

The fact that you have the same computers and it works on your husbands and not on yours tells me there is some program on your computer that is blocking communication. Usually that is the firewall or antivirus software. It may also be a parental control program. We have not seen problems with McAffee here but who knows. You might need to uninstall it and try the update to see if that works.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:58:51 PM(UTC)
14cross

14cross wrote:
The fact that you have the same computers and it works on your husbands and not on yours tells me there is some program on your computer that is blocking communication. Usually that is the firewall or antivirus software. It may also be a parental control program. We have not seen problems with McAffee here but who knows. You might need to uninstall it and try the update to see if that works.

Chris
Provo Craft

One more thing. You can try uninstalling the Cricut Sync program. Then right click on the CricutSync .exe file and select "Run as Administrator." Your admistrator settings might be preventing the program from running correctly. I am not real familiar with Windows 7 so I am not positive you have that option but I know XP and Vista have it. You might also take a look at your admistrator settings to see if there is anything that might prevent you from installing programs.

Chris
Provo Craft
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:13:30 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

14cross wrote:
One more thing. You can try uninstalling the Cricut Sync program. Then right click on the CricutSync .exe file and select "Run as Administrator." Your admistrator settings might be preventing the program from running correctly. I am not real familiar with Windows 7 so I am not positive you have that option but I know XP and Vista have it. You might also take a look at your admistrator settings to see if there is anything that might prevent you from installing programs.

Chris
Provo Craft

Ok Thanks Chris i'll give them all a try
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:36:56 AM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Chris,
On the Gypsy, when cutting there is a pause & stop button on the schreen.
When we use the G wityh the I they are not there & there is no way to pause or stop the cut.
Will this be added in the next update or sometime in the furture?
TIA,
Lori
14cross Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:41:52 AM(UTC)
14cross

LiveLaughScrap wrote:
Chris,
On the Gypsy, when cutting there is a pause & stop button on the schreen.
When we use the G wityh the I they are not there & there is no way to pause or stop the cut.
Will this be added in the next update or sometime in the furture?
TIA,
Lori

Ya, I brought this up about a month ago and asked if could be added. I know they are working on it but can't say when it will be added.

Chris
Provo Craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
LiveLaughScrap on 1/14/2011(UTC)
puglady Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 8:16:47 AM(UTC)
puglady

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 13 post(s)
How do I get all of the layers the same size?
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 8:31:41 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

puglady wrote:
How do I get all of the layers the same size?

If you want relative size i.e. in proportion to your base image then use relative numbers on right side..unfortunately you need to size all layer pieces individually to the size you chose for base but they appear in proportion on your mat.
Hope that helps
Hugs
Adele
14cross Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 9:08:24 AM(UTC)
14cross

AdeleKarabadji wrote:
If you want relative size i.e. in proportion to your base image then use relative numbers on right side..unfortunately you need to size all layer pieces individually to the size you chose for base but they appear in proportion on your mat.
Hope that helps
Hugs
Adele

This was fixed and will be on the next update. You will be able to size the first layer and afterward, any layers you add to the queue will automatically be sized to the first layer you added to the queue.

Chris
Provo Craft
 3 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
LiveLaughScrap on 1/14/2011(UTC), BoscosMum on 1/21/2011(UTC), ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ on 2/22/2011(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 11:48:39 PM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Chris,
I just received my replacement I tonight.
It would not do any update (like the enclosed paper said it should) when I intalled the Imagine More cart.
So I plugged it into my computer & did the Cricut Sync. Mostly, it seems to be working good.

I did a print & cut test using the Imgine more cart. I may just have to do the advanced calibration.

I did a print & cut test using the colors on the imagine & the lacy Lables cart. Again, just Advanced calibration issues (That I still have to do).

I did a cut only test again with the Lacy Lables & all worked great.

I did a test using my Gypsy & again all worked well.

BTW, my versions are:
On CriutSync:
CS version: 2.0.3.0
Imagine Firmware version: 0106
Imagine Content version: 0016
imagine serial#: why is this different than what is on the bottom of the machine? Same issue for the 1st one I had.
On Imagine machine:
Version: 1.01
(0106:0016:240:202A)
Is this where I am supposed to be?

TIA,
Lori

Update: 1/17/10
My I was working great until today.
I have not tested everything again, but I tried to cut something using my Gypsy and they would not connect.
Nothing had changed with my I or my G since Friday when I received it.
The only thing that I did differently was that yesterday (Sunday) was use my G with my Expression.
Now it will not connect to my Imagine.
Will keep you posted as to if anything else is not working.
Lori

Edited by user Monday, January 17, 2011 3:16:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapinqueen Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 9:40:49 PM(UTC)
scrapinqueen

I would love to be able to Move the imagies around on the mat so i can save paper. You kmow how you are able to place a box around an imagine in windows so that You are abLe to minAblulate the imagiae by size and were on the paper That would be a Perfect addition to the imaGine machine . SusieBigGrin
Gadget girl Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:25:45 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
KarelB wrote:
Hello Chris

I am aware that we all ask lots from you but...

Will we ever be able to set measurements in centimetres as well as inches on the Imagine?

I know we have the choice with the Gypsy. The reason I ask is because the majority of card blanks we purchase in the UK are metric. This would help with matting & layering and designing with the Imagine. At the moment I have to get the calculator out for conversion.

Thanks for all the time you give to the MB, we would all be 'lost' without your help

Karel

Will there be a mat available in centimetres as its not practical to set to centimetres when everything else is showing as inches.
Ang Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:16:34 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Chris is it possible to have headings for each cartridge so that people can post their works of art under each cartridge for other people to see - could be a heading of say cartridges and sub-headings listing each individual cartridge. Think it would only be required for the art carts and the other carts are used mainly for backgrounds etc..

I would also like to thank you for all your help to all us forum members as it is greatly appreciated.

regards

Ang
Somerset, UK
*Heather* Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:47:20 PM(UTC)
*Heather*

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Gadget girl wrote:
Will there be a mat available in centimetres as its not practical to set to centimetres when everything else is showing as inches.

Susan Sweetie

There are centimetres on the mats we have already they are inside the inches on the green bit, it's just you haven't noticed them

Hugs Heather xx
DanielleClark Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:52:57 PM(UTC)
DanielleClark

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
14cross wrote:
This was fixed and will be on the next update. You will be able to size the first layer and afterward, any layers you add to the queue will automatically be sized to the first layer you added to the queue.

Chris
Provo Craft

Hi Chris,

I just updated the firmware on my Imagine and I'm still having this problem, so is this on the next update as in the one after this one? I'm sure I had just missed the update that I did today, but if not, I wanted you to be aware that it's still a problem. Thanks a bunch Cool

Danielle
Kaybug Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 11:58:21 AM(UTC)
Kaybug

Was thanked: 401 time(s) in 186 post(s)
Thanks for keep us updated! I can't wait for the new update!
14cross Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 3:21:45 PM(UTC)
14cross

AngMay wrote:
Chris is it possible to have headings for each cartridge so that people can post their works of art under each cartridge for other people to see - could be a heading of say cartridges and sub-headings listing each individual cartridge. Think it would only be required for the art carts and the other carts are used mainly for backgrounds etc..

I would also like to thank you for all your help to all us forum members as it is greatly appreciated.

regards

Ang
Somerset, UK

I'll see if I can get them to add those folders.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 3:22:12 PM(UTC)
14cross

DanielleClark wrote:
Hi Chris,

I just updated the firmware on my Imagine and I'm still having this problem, so is this on the next update as in the one after this one? I'm sure I had just missed the update that I did today, but if not, I wanted you to be aware that it's still a problem. Thanks a bunch Cool

Danielle

Yes, this next major update will have this fix.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 3:25:32 PM(UTC)
14cross

LiveLaughScrap wrote:
Chris,
I just received my replacement I tonight.
It would not do any update (like the enclosed paper said it should) when I intalled the Imagine More cart.
So I plugged it into my computer & did the Cricut Sync. Mostly, it seems to be working good.

I did a print & cut test using the Imgine more cart. I may just have to do the advanced calibration.

I did a print & cut test using the colors on the imagine & the lacy Lables cart. Again, just Advanced calibration issues (That I still have to do).

I did a cut only test again with the Lacy Lables & all worked great.

I did a test using my Gypsy & again all worked well.

BTW, my versions are:
On CriutSync:
CS version: 2.0.3.0
Imagine Firmware version: 0106
Imagine Content version: 0016
imagine serial#: why is this different than what is on the bottom of the machine? Same issue for the 1st one I had.
On Imagine machine:
Version: 1.01
(0106:0016:240:202A)
Is this where I am supposed to be?

TIA,
Lori

Update: 1/17/10
My I was working great until today.
I have not tested everything again, but I tried to cut something using my Gypsy and they would not connect.
Nothing had changed with my I or my G since Friday when I received it.
The only thing that I did differently was that yesterday (Sunday) was use my G with my Expression.
Now it will not connect to my Imagine.
Will keep you posted as to if anything else is not working.
Lori

You are up to date on version numbers.

Sometimes the G and the I don't see each other. I'm not sure why that is but it usually just requires disconnecting the cable and reinserting it or turning the Imagine off and back on again.

The serial numbers are always going to different between what Cricut Sync says and what is recorded on the bottom of your machine. Its a lengthy explanation so I won't go into it. Just know that they are different.

Chris
Provo Craft
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 8:25:53 PM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

14cross wrote:
You are up to date on version numbers.

Sometimes the G and the I don't see each other. I'm not sure why that is but it usually just requires disconnecting the cable and reinserting it or turning the Imagine off and back on again.

The serial numbers are always going to different between what Cricut Sync says and what is recorded on the bottom of your machine. Its a lengthy explanation so I won't go into it. Just know that they are different.

Chris
Provo Craft

Thanks Chris,
I have tested the print & cut with a regular cart, the cut only with a regular cart & imagine cart. It all works.

I have unplugged, re-plugged, turned off the I, turned off the G, in all combinations. I let it rest & did it all again numerous times. Neither my G or I do ANYTHING when they are plugged in.
I thought it may have been something wrong with my connection cable, but my G worked with my Expression today.
I now you are doing what you can, but I really need my G to communicate with my I.
Thanks for all you are doing.

Is this something you all are working on to correct? You are working onthe update to connect the I carts to the G, but this will do nothing if the G & I will not communicate.

I was having some communication issues a little while back (before Christmas). It would cut & then just stop in the middle saying that the G was not connected.

Could there be a problem with my connection cable? Maybe there is a short somewhere 7 it works sometimes & not others. Can I possibly get a new cable? My G is still in warrantee too.

TIA,
Lori

Edited by user Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:46:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified