Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
TU Offline
#61 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 10:37:53 AM(UTC)
TU

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 52 post(s)
MissyMel wrote:
Crystal, you're not supposed to be enabling on this thread!!! LOL!!!BigGrin BigGrin

I finished up Lo's 4, 5, and 6 and have started on another project that I will count as two or three. I am going to try to post them on my blog tonight and this weekend. Hopefully I will get all that done, but we have a busy weekend planned. I won Camp Out off ebay and paid for it with my Ebay bucks and still have some left over!! I am going to place an order for a swap and take advantage of combined shipping, so hopefully I can finish my LO's before I place that order. My friend is also placing a CTMH order and I need some ink pads and I want the storage tower. Ugh, why couldn't she wait another week?!?!

I know what we need. We need one person to be responsible for all the cash, credit and gift cards...yeah that's it.

Just send them all to me and I'll take care of em...errrr...you Wink

I'm feeling pretty certain it'd all be safe in MissyMel's hands! Speaking of hands, you've been busy! WoW!...You are so close to that objective! WTG!!!
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#62 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 10:39:01 AM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 253 post(s)
SORRY! BUT in my defense she did not see it here first, she saw it on FB! LOL! One box sold two more at least to go!
j-bear Offline
#63 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 11:12:24 AM(UTC)
j-bear

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Not Crystals fault at all!! I am just weak when it comes to great deals and besides I need more paper for .... well I will think of somethingLaugh

TU I dont know if I should trust you Unsure Are you trying to trick us Sneaky

Great job MissyMel on the LO's!!!

Edited by user Friday, January 07, 2011 11:13:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TU Offline
#64 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 11:43:35 AM(UTC)
TU

j-bear wrote:
Not Crystals fault at all!! I am just weak when it comes to great deals and besides I need more paper for .... well I will think of somethingLaugh

TU I dont know if I should trust you Unsure Are you trying to trick us Sneaky

Great job MissyMel on the LO's!!!

Who me Laugh

Did I mentiong (ETA: accidental typo) the parcel of land I have for sale with paper baring (ETA: accidental, but meaningful typo) trees RollEyes

Flapper Toooo muuuuuch coffee

Edited by user Friday, January 07, 2011 11:48:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

j-bear Offline
#65 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 11:59:47 AM(UTC)
j-bear

TU wrote:
Who me Laugh

Did I mentiong (ETA: accidental typo) the parcel of land I have for sale with paper baring (ETA: accidental, but meaningful typo) trees RollEyes

Flapper Toooo muuuuuch coffee

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
MissyMel Offline
#66 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 2:55:15 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 70 post(s)
TU wrote:
I know what we need. We need one person to be responsible for all the cash, credit and gift cards...yeah that's it.

Just send them all to me and I'll take care of em...errrr...you Wink

I'm feeling pretty certain it'd all be safe in MissyMel's hands! Speaking of hands, you've been busy! WoW!...You are so close to that objective! WTG!!!

Sure send them on!!! Is is breaking my spending ban if I spend your money? LOL!!
NLGirl Offline
#67 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:13:28 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 117 post(s)
NLgirl-Hoarders! I love that show, but it is very sad. I always go clean out something after watching that show. The season finale is about a guy that lives with over 1,500 pet rats!!!! It creeps me out when I watch the previews! You can actually adopt one of them from the hoarders website...yuck!

Missy, Oh big yuck! I haven't seen that one on previews.

Oh and about your gift rewards card, that's like money you already earned on previous purchases so you have to spend that.
We can't be neglectful and let good money/gift card rewards expire, right?BigGrin

Kathy
NLGirl Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:19:15 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

MissyMel wrote:
Girls, I had a CLOSE CALL today!!!Glare I had to go to Wal-Mart for a few household things and some food so please tell me why I had to go to the craft aisle and the clearance aisle?!?! I saw some really cute pink beads and they were only $2. I wanted to get them soooo bad but I put them back and told myself I could go back and get them when I had some money to spend. I was a little sad that I didn't get to make some stick pins out of them, but glad that I stuck to my plan!

I am heading to my craft room for the rest of the night!! I have #3 done and almost finished with #4! I also picked up my pictures and I should be able to get to #10 by this weekend!

Missy, Great Job! Good for you in sticking to your goals.
NLGirl Offline
#69 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 5:22:34 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

j-bear wrote:
TU
Here is more detailed instructions on the card so you can see pics on each step
http://www.splitcoaststa...utorials/trishuttercard/

Wow! that's a beautiful looking card. I've never tempted a fold card and would love to give it a try but the hardest part I think would be choosing the paper colors and how to decorate it. Blushing
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#70 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 8:40:53 PM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

I am so happy to report that I purged almost ALL my supplies today and have sold almost all of it locally and here on the MB. I do have a few boxes left but I am sure they will go if not I will donate them to a school or senior center around here. I did NOT purge my stamps :( and have one rack of paper left, but I am tired, way past my bedtime but I did purge and got all my Christmas stuff (paper, embellies, stamps etc) down to 1.5 Iris containers YAY! So proud of me! WHEW!

Ok off to bed night night!
Serina's Altered Life Offline
#71 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 11:40:32 PM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Caitlynsmommy wrote:
I am so happy to report that I purged almost ALL my supplies today and have sold almost all of it locally and here on the MB. I do have a few boxes left but I am sure they will go if not I will donate them to a school or senior center around here. I did NOT purge my stamps :( and have one rack of paper left, but I am tired, way past my bedtime but I did purge and got all my Christmas stuff (paper, embellies, stamps etc) down to 1.5 Iris containers YAY! So proud of me! WHEW!

Ok off to bed night night!

I am so proud of you! Lol, I would have still bought it all, but I am BROKE until next week! I love paper and STAMPS!!!! they are such a weakness! But, I only get them at fantastic prices! I hot 3 TH sets for a grat deal, then realized I bought 2 of the same... Bummer!!!! I have found 2 super awesome organizational software systems for Scrapbooking/crafting/needlecradft. Both are $30 and I am going to ask hubby for it for valentines Day. Just have to decide! Yes this is part of my ned for organizatio!
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 4:47:52 AM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

so update on my purge, oh it feels SO good! I purged 2.5 FEET of paper! Yep FEET! Pretty sad huh? I have 18 inches of it sold and the rest listed on craigslist, if it does not sell by Saturday I will be donating to a few places around here, I just need it out of my house. I also finished filling a huge 7 gallon tote with misc things I wont use and filled a walmart bag (over full actually) with things to Rak out. WOOHOOO! Oh and J found the heart punch I wanted and got it for me how sweet!

Our heat is finally fixed too! Long dramatic story there but good news is we did not freeze!
j-bear Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 8:25:04 AM(UTC)
j-bear

NLGirl wrote:
Wow! that's a beautiful looking card. I've never tempted a fold card and would love to give it a try but the hardest part I think would be choosing the paper colors and how to decorate it. Blushing

Thank you! BigGrin Thats what takes me the longest when I make cards. It helps to use a color wheel but the wheel dosent make picking out matching patterns any easier lol.

Ok except for the deal with Crystal(ty, ty, ty) I have not spent any money on crafting supplies. I am so proud of myself!!!
TU Offline
#74 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 8:54:27 AM(UTC)
TU

respectfully snipped
j-bear wrote:
Thank you! BigGrin Thats what takes me the longest when I make cards. It helps to use a color wheel but the wheel dosent make picking out matching patterns any easier lol.

I use ColorSchemer
I purchased the software, but you can see the schemes for free.
 1 user thanked TU for this useful post.
NLGirl on 1/11/2011(UTC)
j-bear Offline
#75 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 10:03:54 AM(UTC)
j-bear

TU wrote:
respectfully snipped

I use ColorSchemer
I purchased the software, but you can see the schemes for free.

Thank you I will have to check it out
MissyMel Offline
#76 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 5:01:52 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Hey girls, sorry I have been MIA. I was terribly sick over the weekend and by this morning I couldn't take any more. I went to the doctor and she said I have acute strep throat. She said it was the worse case she has ever seen and didn't know how I was even talking. I got two rounds of antibiotics so hopefully I will feel a little better tomorrow. I will have to catch up a little later. So needless to say, no shopping and no scrapping over the weekend.
TU Offline
#77 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 5:41:05 PM(UTC)
TU

MissyMel wrote:
Hey girls, sorry I have been MIA. I was terribly sick over the weekend and by this morning I couldn't take any more. I went to the doctor and she said I have acute strep throat. She said it was the worse case she has ever seen and didn't know how I was even talking. I got two rounds of antibiotics so hopefully I will feel a little better tomorrow. I will have to catch up a little later. So needless to say, no shopping and no scrapping over the weekend.

Sorry to hear that! You just take it easy, get rest, and get well!
NLGirl Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:09:15 AM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Missy, sorry to hear that. Feel better
j-bear Offline
#79 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:31:44 AM(UTC)
j-bear

Missy hope you are feeling better soon!
MissyMel Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:14:42 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Thanks for all the well wishes! Feeling a little better today, but still dealing with a sore throat and not being able to eat solid foods!! DH fixed me pureed chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight and it wasn't as bad as you would think, haha!

So how is the spending stuff going on? I did buy for two swaps today, so since I had to pay for shipping, I did buy a few things for me, but I didn't go overboard. I am almost done w/ Caitlynsmommy's __________ for the Valentine Day swap, and I will be able to get to 10 LO's before that gets here since DH is going on another business trip. I am starting to plan out the twins birthday party so those projects will be next!

Have a good night and watch that spending!!!
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#81 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:00:08 AM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Missy glad to hear you are doing better! HUGS!

I have been good, spent about 10 at the LSS for a specific project for a swap but that is it! I did sell a tote full of supplies for 50.00 yesterday so WOOHOOO! And I think the lady was sweet and has a little girl the same age as C so we hope to get together after the winter! YAY!

I have a two more boxes of paper I am trying to sell but that is it! YAY! ME!

We got snow last night so I will be out in that as soon as the sun comes up I guess. C is super excited and is running around the house going "WOW pretty snow outside on Mommy's car and Daddy's truck" LOL! I love seeing life through her eyes it is so innocent, fun and happy!
MissyMel Offline
#82 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:35:08 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Just checking in on you girls. I am feeling tons better but still haven't been shopping. Mostly b/c of snow or sickness! Oldest DS finally goes back to school tomorrow one hour late. But since Monday is Martin Luther King holiday, they are out again! So ready for things to get back to normal!
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#83 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 2:38:16 AM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Ok so I think I need to leave the thread. I think you all will ask me to after I tell you this.

I got a blue expression for 100.00 last night from hubby (been wanting a colored one for years) and we picked up some to put on ebay to make up the price. I also SOLD over 200.00 worth of stuff so technically there is no money lost.

Ok I will leave now.Blushing
MissyMel Offline
#84 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 6:31:54 AM(UTC)
MissyMel

Caitlynsmommy wrote:
Ok so I think I need to leave the thread. I think you all will ask me to after I tell you this.

I got a blue expression for 100.00 last night from hubby (been wanting a colored one for years) and we picked up some to put on ebay to make up the price. I also SOLD over 200.00 worth of stuff so technically there is no money lost.

We're not going to make you leave. I think if you sold enough of your stuff to make up the cost, then you should get to spend that money on you! Enjoy your blue E. I bought a green one on BF.
j-bear Offline
#85 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 8:04:26 AM(UTC)
j-bear

Caitlynsmommy wrote:

I agree if you sell anything then that money does not count,its free money lolBigGrin Enjoy your new Cricut!!!
MissyMel Offline
#86 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 6:54:12 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Hey girls!! Another small victory for me! I needed to go to M's for some yarn and beads for my swap. The only things I bought not on my list was a one dollar monogram stamp and some party supplies for the twins birthday, but those supplies don't count against my spending ban.....it's a whole 'nother budget category!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Me and the boys went swimming today and they were glad to get out of the house, but they are worn out!! We also had our first family portrait taken this morning at church and they turned out great! Our photographer couldn't believe that we had never had one done before, but we had always meant to just never got to it! Can't wait to share those with you all!!

TU Offline
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:53:32 PM(UTC)
TU

Edited for clarity (and MissyMel ;)

I've been spending, but have cut back in other areas to make it up.

Now it's short and simple...just like me ;)

Edited by user Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:23:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MissyMel Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:38:22 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

TU- I understood about one-third of that, LOL!!

I have made it to nine layouts and have spent a few dollars. I would normally have spent a ton by now!

Just making ourselves aware of how much and what we are spending on is good!!
Lady Bug Fever Offline
#89 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 10:18:09 AM(UTC)
Lady Bug Fever

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 122 post(s)
MissyMel wrote:
After some discussion on my other thread, it seems I am not the only one that needs a crafty intervention!! I thought that this would be the best place to put this, since it will be a CHALLENGE to all of us!! So post your spending ban goals here and let's help keep each other accountable!

My ban will be no shopping until I complete 10 layouts or projects. Adhesive, printing my photos, and swap items NOT included in my ban.
Some may want to do a specific time, but just do what ever you think you can stick to!

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully stay away from all the enablers on this MB!!!! I have emptied out three online shopping carts tonight, and working on layout number two!

HELP ME PLEASE!!! I've got to make myself stop buying so much stuff and start using what I've got. I had my E for over 2 years before I actually really started using it this time last year, also have a Create I only used a few times. I only had 4-5 cartridges, a cuttlebug and Gypsy both in their boxes still waiting to be used and a reasonable amount of embellishments, paper, etc.

I currently have almost 100 cartridges, a Imagine, a new RED expression (still in the box) and tons of paper and embellishments. I only completed 8 layouts but I've participated in over 40 large organized swaps and an unknown amount of miscellaneous RAKS and simple swaps.

I need to get myself on track and start getting my scrapbooks done. It's the whole reason I bought my Cricut machines in the first place. I've gotten hooked on all the new toys and going into the craft stores. I want to get my pictures into scrapbooks (I've got 30 years worth of photos that need to have something done with them besides being in a box.).

I want to limit my spending to adhesives and items for swaps (I think all I need is the beading stuff) that I'm already signed up for until I've completed at least 10 layouts. I'm also going to limit myself to only one new cartridge a month and to try to use at least one cartridge a week that I own that I haven't used yet, although I have used most of them. I really don't need to have so many but I got hooked on Ebay.

MissyMel Offline
#90 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:51:35 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Just wondering how everyone did this month!!!

I made my 10 LO's/projects before I spent my money!!

Now I am working on getting some stuff for swaps, but no big purchases planned for this month. I do have a hard time resisting clearance/sale items, so I will have to limit my trips to the craft stores!!

Should we start a new thread for Feb??