Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SheilaToppi Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 12:43:49 AM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I just got this cart the other day and WAS so excited about it...until my first two projects were AWFUL.

First I made the video game shaped card on page 43. In the picture in the book, the buttons in the center are perfect round circles, and the other "button" thing to the left is a perfect circle with a perfect "plus sign" inside it, and to the right is another perfect circle with a smaller perfect circle inside it. However, after SEVERAL tries cutting these out, trying both the layer options and the card options, the results are FAR from perfect. The circles are lopsided, NOT perfectly round, and the pie shaped sections inside the plus sign are MESSED UP. What is going on? They do not line up nice and perfect inside each other like I am used to dealing with.

I just tried the baby block on page 30. SAME issue. The box cuts fine, but the "shift" for the box with the squares with letters inside are not cutting right. Parts of the letters, like the long side of the "B" or "d" the cuts are "off".

I know it is NOT my machine or blade. I checked the blade as sometimes tiny paper bits get stuck and could cause this but it is fine. All my other 50+ carts are FINE.

Does anyone else have this cart and have a problem? I hope it won't be like this with every image, but even if it is with only a few, it is still VERY UPSETTING.

BTW the video game controller card was done at 4.5" and the baby block box at 9"

Edited by user Monday, November 22, 2010 12:46:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LindaF Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:20:52 PM(UTC)
LindaF

I don't have this particular cart, but I do have the new TRIM THE TREE cart which there is no forum spot for yet.
I am also having problems, no matter how many new blades I try, types of cardstock or paper, settings etc, I can not get it to cut properly. The design either doesn't cut at all, or mashes it up. Not very impressed, but I should have realised with all the scrollwork it would be a hard one to cut.
I think they are bringing them out too quickly and not enough research put into them and checking the cutting of them. JMO of course.
As you have stated, all my other carts work extremely well, this being the first cart I have bought since the Mother's Day one. None of the other new ones appeal to me at all.
I have updated my CDS but am not using it to do my cutting, just straight from the cart. My cuts are at 3 1/2 inches and 4 inches, so not really too small. Any larger and they would not fit on a card.
Thanks for listening to my off topic winge! LOL

Linda

Edited by user Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:22:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AussieAlli Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:51:18 PM(UTC)
AussieAlli

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 88 post(s)
SheilaToppi wrote:
I just got this cart the other day and WAS so excited about it...until my first two projects were AWFUL.

First I made the video game shaped card on page 43. In the picture in the book, the buttons in the center are perfect round circles, and the other "button" thing to the left is a perfect circle with a perfect "plus sign" inside it, and to the right is another perfect circle with a smaller perfect circle inside it. However, after SEVERAL tries cutting these out, trying both the layer options and the card options, the results are FAR from perfect. The circles are lopsided, NOT perfectly round, and the pie shaped sections inside the plus sign are MESSED UP. What is going on? They do not line up nice and perfect inside each other like I am used to dealing with.

I just tried the baby block on page 30. SAME issue. The box cuts fine, but the "shift" for the box with the squares with letters inside are not cutting right. Parts of the letters, like the long side of the "B" or "d" the cuts are "off".

I know it is NOT my machine or blade. I checked the blade as sometimes tiny paper bits get stuck and could cause this but it is fine. All my other 50+ carts are FINE.

Does anyone else have this cart and have a problem? I hope it won't be like this with every image, but even if it is with only a few, it is still VERY UPSETTING.

BTW the video game controller card was done at 4.5" and the baby block box at 9"

Sorry you are having troubles. I'm waiting for this cartridge to arrive in the mail, and the video controller is one of the main reasons i bought this cartridge. I will test it out when it arrives..could be a while though..
AussieAlli Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:53:07 PM(UTC)
AussieAlli

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 88 post(s)
LindaF wrote:
I don't have this particular cart, but I do have the new TRIM THE TREE cart which there is no forum spot for yet.
I am also having problems, no matter how many new blades I try, types of cardstock or paper, settings etc, I can not get it to cut properly. The design either doesn't cut at all, or mashes it up. Not very impressed, but I should have realised with all the scrollwork it would be a hard one to cut.
I think they are bringing them out too quickly and not enough research put into them and checking the cutting of them. JMO of course.
As you have stated, all my other carts work extremely well, this being the first cart I have bought since the Mother's Day one. None of the other new ones appeal to me at all.
I have updated my CDS but am not using it to do my cutting, just straight from the cart. My cuts are at 3 1/2 inches and 4 inches, so not really too small. Any larger and they would not fit on a card.
Thanks for listening to my off topic winge! LOL

Linda

Sorry you are having troubles too Linda, I don't have this one, it does look very intricate, so i'm not surprised about the cuts. I agree with you about the churning out of carts..some of the licenced ones are almost impossible to put together, even at a large size, like 8 or 9 inches, there are some pieces that are not much bigger than 'specks' Very frustrating.
OhhhSnap Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 6:30:07 AM(UTC)
OhhhSnap

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Korea, Republic Of

Was thanked: 1459 time(s) in 901 post(s)
SheilaToppi wrote:

I just got the cart and can only speak about the circle issue. I've used three Cricut Expressions and have had trouble with circles with all of them. Some circle cuts are more lopsided than others. It's more pronounced when I use my Gypsy or DS. Wonky scallops are also a problem.
5monkeys Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 06, 2011 7:18:38 AM(UTC)
5monkeys

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I have also had some issues with sizes. For instance on one of the flowers the layers must be cut much smaller. Which if you don't have a gypsy you will end up cutting many to get the right one to match. I really love the images on this cart. But very frustrated with the sizing.
Renee Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:26:30 AM(UTC)
Renee

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I just got this cartridge last week and haven't had a chance to try it yet. Now I am not looking forward to the troubles I might have with it.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:11:01 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8150 time(s) in 4774 post(s)
It seems you might want to call PC and discuss with them; maybe they know there are problems with it and will make it right.

If there are problems, and we have heard others discuss from time-to-time (don't know if problems were on this cart, though) and noone is calling PC, they may be unaware. I KNOW, they should be; but, there are recalls on a lot of products across the World. You might have defective carts!

Let us know if you find out it is a defective cart; it will help others.

Char