Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MCFsMimi Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:16:47 PM(UTC)
MCFsMimi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do when this occurs? I have reset my Expression and updated the firmware but still get this message on the display. I have spoken to customer service who can't do anything for me because my machine is out of warranty. I am so upset! Is my only option to buy another machine? If that is the case, my husband has said it won't be a PC product! But I really, really like DS and all my cartridges!Crying

Thanks for any suggestions. At this point, I don't have anything to lose if I try something and it doesn't work.
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:44:43 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2262 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
does it happen with all of your carts or one in particular?
MCFsMimi Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:25:01 PM(UTC)
MCFsMimi

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Doxieluv01! You are a jewel! I was so upset I didn't even try another cartridge nor did customer service suggest that to me! (When I asked what options I had I was informed PC does not repair Cricuts; they could sell me a refurbished one but I would be better off buying one from Walmart since the price was so reasonable there.)

I have since tried several other cartridges and they each worked. The cartridge that gave the error message is Songbird. It has worked in the past and must be corrupted now. I'm just so happy that my Expression won't have to be replaced. What a simple solution. Thank you!

PS. PC should put YOU on the payroll! XOXOX!
 1 user thanked MCFsMimi for this useful post.
Doxieluv01 on 2/11/2011(UTC)
AuntieKLE Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:29:06 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 113 post(s)
When a cartridge doesn't seem to work, you can also put it in the machine backwards. The cartridges fit both ways. Sometimes that fixes the problem.

HTH
Doxieluv01 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 6:22:31 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2262 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
MCFsMimi wrote:
Doxieluv01! You are a jewel! I was so upset I didn't even try another cartridge nor did customer service suggest that to me! (When I asked what options I had I was informed PC does not repair Cricuts; they could sell me a refurbished one but I would be better off buying one from Walmart since the price was so reasonable there.)

I have since tried several other cartridges and they each worked. The cartridge that gave the error message is Songbird. It has worked in the past and must be corrupted now. I'm just so happy that my Expression won't have to be replaced. What a simple solution. Thank you!

PS. PC should put YOU on the payroll! XOXOX!

so glad that it wasn't your machine. try turning the cart the other way around if that doesn't work try blowing on the connectors in case there is some dust in there. if that doesn't work then call PC back and let them knoe the cartridge doesn't work in your machine.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:14:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
Doxieluv01 wrote:
so glad that it wasn't your machine. try turning the cart the other way around if that doesn't work try blowing on the connectors in case there is some dust in there. if that doesn't work then call PC back and let them knoe the cartridge doesn't work in your machine.

Be sure to come back and let everyone know whether or not this worked for you; it always helps everyone else to get the feedback from the original poster's query.

Char