Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DeeScraps Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:06:05 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 751 time(s) in 582 post(s)
I seem to remember that there was a site that listed what was on each cartridge by item. Meaning, if you were looking for a horse, it would tell you what cartridges had a horse. This was way back on the old message board. Does anyone have a link to this site or even remember it? I realize the Gypsy does that now, but I'd rather look at it on the computer.

Thanks, Dee
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:17:16 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
are you talking about www.cricutsearch.com
Abbeysgram Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:30:45 PM(UTC)
Abbeysgram

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Dee ~ Sent you a PM Deborah
CropingQueen Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:41:39 PM(UTC)
CropingQueen

Was thanked: 273 time(s) in 156 post(s)
yes I remember that, it was long before cricutsearch.com, which is a great site but doesnt have everything, because I have tried searching for things several times, I know I have it on one of my carts but unsure which one,and it says not found or whatever is used to say it doesnt exist on any of the carts yet. I use my gypsy at work and dont have my handbooks, the gypsy search isnt complete and accurate either. There has been lots of times we have had to change what we are making because I cant spend forever searching through each cart that may have it, especially since the icons are so small and half the time even with my reading glasses on I cant make out what it is, I have to select the item, then enlarge it to see what it is....way to time consuming. Craft class is only an hr, lol. I could however use the computer to locate it on the one your talking about, it was handy, hmmmmmm maybe I have it saved in favorites, but that was most likely on my computer (which died) rather than my laptop. I'll see if I can find it, wish I had time to type it all out, everytime I get a new cart, but ,most of the time I dont even get to use the cart for months after I buy it. I have several carts I havent even used yet. Can we say addicted...lol

good luck finding it though, sry I'm no help
Abbeysgram Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:59:46 PM(UTC)
Abbeysgram

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I'm quite sure that the creator's name is Cynthia Feenstra. Cynthia...are you out there?
PattyGolden Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 4:43:12 PM(UTC)
PattyGolden

Was thanked: 210 time(s) in 25 post(s)
this might be what you are looking for. you have to sign up for yahoo groups but it's free and easy.

and the sheets were just updated earlier this month!

cricut cheat sheets by linda

p.s. once you are in, click on 'files' in the left column, and then 'master cheat sheets' and you'll see several options (alpha, by cartridge, etc)

Edited by user Monday, February 14, 2011 4:44:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked PattyGolden for this useful post.
normafricker2 on 2/14/2011(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 5:57:06 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

PattyGolden wrote:
this might be what you are looking for. you have to sign up for yahoo groups but it's free and easy.

and the sheets were just updated earlier this month!

cricut cheat sheets by linda

p.s. once you are in, click on 'files' in the left column, and then 'master cheat sheets' and you'll see several options (alpha, by cartridge, etc)

Thanks, this is a great site and maybe it's the one I was thinking of, but I thought you could search by subject. For instance, if I wanted a cat, I would go down the list and find cat. Then it would tell me all the cartridges on which I would find a cat. Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly.....or maybe it's the one Cynthia did. Lets see if she turns up.

Thanks, Dee
sweetpea1030 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 9:32:43 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1605 time(s) in 1020 post(s)
If you have Design Studio, you can also look it up. Why don't you want to look it up in the gypsy? It will show you a picture of the item. If you have the item on the screen, put your stylus on it and press the top of the two silver bottoms and the item will enlarge on the screen just like when you're using the hide feature and you can get a good look. HTH
PattyGolden Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:57:47 AM(UTC)
PattyGolden

DeeScraps wrote:
Thanks, this is a great site and maybe it's the one I was thinking of, but I thought you could search by subject. For instance, if I wanted a cat, I would go down the list and find cat. Then it would tell me all the cartridges on which I would find a cat. Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly.....or maybe it's the one Cynthia did. Lets see if she turns up.

Thanks, Dee

The link i gave you is the spreadsheet in .pdf format. once you download it, you can do a search with your .pdf reader and tab through, ie. 'flower', 'cat', etc.

it's really very comprehensive. i have it saved to my ipad, too.
DeeScraps Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:16:15 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

PattyGolden wrote:
The link i gave you is the spreadsheet in .pdf format. once you download it, you can do a search with your .pdf reader and tab through, ie. 'flower', 'cat', etc.

it's really very comprehensive. i have it saved to my ipad, too.

Patty, I must be doing something wrong because I didn't see anyway you could search by subject. It seemed to be searching by he name of the cartridge. Please tell me step by step again how to do it.

Thanks, Dee

I know I can do it with the gypsy, but I remember the site and wanted to find it again.
PattyGolden Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:09:14 PM(UTC)
PattyGolden

I use Foxit .pdf reader (it's free to download - Adobe Acrobat takes up too many resources). But I believe you can do the same thing with Adobe Acrobat.

You need to have downloaded the file "Cricut Cheat Sheet by Alpha" to do this. Save it to your hard drive and open it up.

Here's a screenshot. The pink arrow shows the 'find' field where i type in what i'm looking for i.e. flower, cat, dog. the blue arrow points to the icons that let me click through each item. the search will start at the beginning of the spreadsheet and you just start clicking through until you get to a 'flower' on a cartridge that you have. hope this makes sense!

here's a website that tells you how to do the search in an Adobe Acrobat document - looks basically the same

using the search feature in Adobe Acrobat Reader

Searching within a PDF document

You can use the "Find" command to find a complete word or part of a word in the current PDF. Acrobat Reader looks for the word by reading every word on every page in the file, including text in form fields.
Finding a word using the Find command

1. Click the Find button , or choose Edit > Find.
2. Enter the text to find in the text box. Select search options if necessary:

* Match Whole Word Only finds only occurrences of the complete word you enter in the text box. For example, if you search for the word "stick," the words "tick" and "sticky" will not be highlighted.
* Match Case finds only words that contain exactly the same capitalization you enter in the text box.
* Find Backwards starts the search from the current page and goes backwards through the document.

3. Click Find. Acrobat Reader finds the next occurrence of the word.

Finding the next occurrence of the word

1. Choose Edit > Find Again.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:21:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Carlislemom Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:42:08 PM(UTC)
Carlislemom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does anyone know where I can find a current PDF from the Yahoo group? I am a member but there does not seem to be file posted.