Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
14cross Offline
#91 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:35:49 PM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
Nope, no cross hairs and touching the screen does nothing


What version does your machine currently have on it? Give me all of the numbers in parenthesis.

Chris
Provo Craft
Mandy Offline
#92 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:38:39 PM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
What version does your machine currently have on it? Give me all of the numbers in parenthesis.

Chris
Provo Craft



I can't even get to the setting to tell you. I can tell you that it was brand new, never been updated. When I turn on the machine it says "Cricut Imagine" and never gets past that.
14cross Offline
#93 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:40:37 PM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
I can't even get to the setting to tell you. I can tell you that it was brand new, never been updated. When I turn on the machine it says "Cricut Imagine" and never gets past that.


Were you ever able to access the firmware or did it ever ask you to insert a cartridge for the latest updates?

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:42:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mandy Offline
#94 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:42:34 PM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Where you ever able to access the firmware or did it ever ask you to insert a cartridge for the latest updates?

Chris
Provo Craft



No I never was able to acess the firmware, I updated it with the Imagine More cartridge on Monday the 14th of Feb. and that is all the updating I have ever done.
14cross Offline
#95 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:44:36 PM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
No I never was able to acess the firmware, I updated it with the Imagine More cartridge on Monday the 14th of Feb. and that is all the updating I have ever done.


And when you restart the machine now what shows up on the screen?
Mandy Offline
#96 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:45:30 PM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
And when you restart the machine now what shows up on the screen?



Just the cricut imagine welcome page and it doesn't go past that
14cross Offline
#97 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:49:51 PM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
Just the cricut imagine welcome page and it doesn't go past that


I just found out that we changed servers over the weekend and it messed up some files. They should have everything sorted out by tomorrow morning. I will follow up with them to make sure it is correct now and will also try to update a machine here to make sure everything is correct. then I will post here for you to try doing the System Restore again.

Chris
Provo Craft
Mandy Offline
#98 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:50:47 PM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
I just found out that we changed servers over the weekend and it messed up some files. They should have everything sorted out by tomorrow morning. I will follow up with them to make sure it is correct now and will also try to update a machine here to make sure everything is correct. then I will post here for you to try doing the System Restore again.

Chris
Provo Craft



Ok Chris, thank you so much, you are the best!
DianaUtt Offline
#99 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:01:28 AM(UTC)
DianaUtt

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am a new Gypsy owner and was so excited to get this started as I have 75 invitations to get done. I cannot get my Gypsy and Imagine to communicate and I cannot get my PC to recongize my Imagine. I have dowloaded the latest Cricut Sync and in the process of updating my Gypsy (6 tries) my Gypsy is updated but will still not communicate with the Imagine. I have tried to update my Imagine, but the PC itself recongizes that it is hooked up, however the Cricut Sync does not. I followed the instructions for the System Restore and I am able to get to Send Updated Content, then nothing. My cricut appears to be working fine, and shows 4 windowns, Print & Cut, Print paper; settings, and About. However, it will still not accept the Destinations cart and my not communicate with my Gypsy.

Version 1.01 0106:????:0239:202A

This is my 8th attempt and I have left it on overnight for 2 different nights. Mad Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated, it should not be this frustrating.

2/27 update: I have tried again, I have added Cricut Sync to Firewall and Protection software. It is communicating up to a point.

When it gets to send updated content, it will load file 1, there is visable activity in the program bridge (see screen shots). When it gets to file 2, it stops. Nothing, there is no activity in the program bridge and it does not advance any further.

All I want to do is use my gypsy with my Imagine. If I cannot get this to work I will have to return the gypsy.

Edited by user Sunday, February 27, 2011 2:45:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated information

File Attachment(s):
sync.doc (1,650kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
Mandy Offline
#100 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 10:17:46 AM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Chris, any word on when I can try the system restore again? Thanks!
14cross Offline
#101 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 10:38:24 AM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
Chris, any word on when I can try the system restore again? Thanks!


Try doing a system restore now. The files are back online.

Chris
Provo Craft
Mandy Offline
#102 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 11:44:46 AM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Ok, I have started the system restore again, and I have been on the Process recovery Data step for about 15 minutes now, and nothing has changed, just a blue screen on my Imagine and it shows that the imagine is working on my computer.
DianaUtt Offline
#103 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 11:50:53 AM(UTC)
DianaUtt

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DianaUtt Go to Quoted Post
I am a new Gypsy owner and was so excited to get this started as I have 75 invitations to get done. I cannot get my Gypsy and Imagine to communicate and I cannot get my PC to recongize my Imagine. I have dowloaded the latest Cricut Sync and in the process of updating my Gypsy (6 tries) my Gypsy is updated but will still not communicate with the Imagine. I have tried to update my Imagine, but the PC itself recongizes that it is hooked up, however the Cricut Sync does not. I followed the instructions for the System Restore and I am able to get to Send Updated Content, then nothing. My cricut appears to be working fine, and shows 4 windowns, Print & Cut, Print paper; settings, and About. However, it will still not accept the Destinations cart and my not communicate with my Gypsy.

Version 1.01 0106:????:0239:202A

This is my 8th attempt and I have left it on overnight for 2 different nights. Mad Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated, it should not be this frustrating.

2/27 update: I have tried again, I have added Cricut Sync to Firewall and Protection software. It is communicating up to a point.

When it gets to send updated content, it will load file 1, there is visable activity in the program bridge (see screen shots). When it gets to file 2, it stops. Nothing, there is no activity in the program bridge and it does not advance any further.

All I want to do is use my gypsy with my Imagine. If I cannot get this to work I will have to return the gypsy.



Chris: based on the comment you made earlier today with the trouble with the Imagine, do I need to wait to perform my restore based on my Version listed above? Help please.
Mandy Offline
#104 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 12:58:00 PM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I have started the system restore again, and I have been on the Process recovery Data step for about 15 minutes now, and nothing has changed, just a blue screen on my Imagine and it shows that the imagine is working on my computer.



Chris thanks for all the help, I gave up and called Customer Service and they are replacing my machine. Thanks again.
14cross Offline
#105 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 1:23:04 PM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
Chris thanks for all the help, I gave up and called Customer Service and they are replacing my machine. Thanks again.


I honestly don't believe it is a problem with the machine. I think that something is preventing the software from running correctly. Is your firewall or virus protection program interferring? I may have asked you this already but you may need to go into those programs and "allow" them. Most firewalls recognize Cricut Sync as a legitimate program but not all. Same with your virus protection program. Also, if you have any parental controls program running it may prevent Circut Sync from running corretly.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#106 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 1:26:02 PM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DianaUtt Go to Quoted Post
Chris: based on the comment you made earlier today with the trouble with the Imagine, do I need to wait to perform my restore based on my Version listed above? Help please.


Try doing a regular update. It should tell you that there is a content update available. Then run the content update. If it does not say that then run system restore again. Make sure your firewall and virus protection programs allow Cricut Sync to run.

Let me know if it works.

Chris
Provo Craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
DianaUtt on 2/28/2011(UTC)
Mandy Offline
#107 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 1:41:14 PM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
I honestly don't believe it is a problem with the machine. I think that something is preventing the software from running correctly. Is your firewall or virus protection program interferring? I may have asked you this already but you may need to go into those programs and "allow" them. Most firewalls recognize Cricut Sync as a legitimate program but not all. Same with your virus protection program. Also, if you have any parental controls program running it may prevent Circut Sync from running corretly.

Chris
Provo Craft



I have my virus protection and firewall completely turned off when updating, but I do have them set to allow also. There is no parental controls and I turned off my pop up blocker. We tried to run he restore again when I was on he phone with CS and it gets stuck on he fourth step I think it was, like re first time it says the machine will restart itself, it never restarts itself and if you turn off the imagine and turn it back on Cricut sync does not recognize hat the machine in on and it stops everything. Hope that makes some sense. We also tried to manually install the drivers and that did not help either. If there is something else oh can rink to try I will gladly try it before I send it back to provo craft.


Thanks
mandy
Mandy Offline
#108 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 1:44:39 PM(UTC)
Mandy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,475
Location: Georgia

Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Sorry for the typos, my phone keyboard is pretty small!LOL
14cross Offline
#109 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 1:45:13 PM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
I have my virus protection and firewall completely turned off when updating, but I do have them set to allow also. There is no parental controls and I turned off my pop up blocker. We tried to run he restore again when I was on he phone with CS and it gets stuck on he fourth step I think it was, like re first time it says the machine will restart itself, it never restarts itself and if you turn off the imagine and turn it back on Cricut sync does not recognize hat the machine in on and it stops everything. Hope that makes some sense. We also tried to manually install the drivers and that did not help either. If there is something else oh can rink to try I will gladly try it before I send it back to provo craft.


Thanks
mandy


Hmmm. Nothing else comes to mind. But I can't think of what would be wrong with the Imagine that would prevent you from updating either. Well, let's see if the new machine does any better.

Chris
Provo Craft
DianaUtt Offline
#110 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 9:21:43 PM(UTC)
DianaUtt

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Try doing a regular update. It should tell you that there is a content update available. Then run the content update. If it does not say that then run system restore again. Make sure your firewall and virus protection programs allow Cricut Sync to run.

Let me know if it works.

Chris
Provo Craft


Chris: I have tried to perform a regular update, it willnot recognize my Imagine unless I am restore mode. See attached screen shots.

I tried the restore again, and the same results. (I am running out of paper with all the calibration)It gets hung up after it loads the first of 2 "Send updated content". If I unplug the usb or restart it just starts over at file 1, it is like th first file never finishes. I tried to call Customer Service tonight, tried for 2 straight hours and all I got was busy signals.

Also, when i first try to perform the restore, i receive a window that says "Completing the Cricut Imagine Diver v1.03 Setup Wizard (see attached). When I click finish, I then get th message it does not read the Imagine. I think my drivers are not updating.

My version #s on my Imagaine are still showing: 1.01 0106:????:0293:202A

What does the ???? marks mean?


I am really up against a wall at this point and any help would be appreciated.
File Attachment(s):
Doc3.doc (483kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
14cross Offline
#111 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:35:43 AM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DianaUtt Go to Quoted Post
Chris: I have tried to perform a regular update, it willnot recognize my Imagine unless I am restore mode. See attached screen shots.

I tried the restore again, and the same results. (I am running out of paper with all the calibration)It gets hung up after it loads the first of 2 "Send updated content". If I unplug the usb or restart it just starts over at file 1, it is like th first file never finishes. I tried to call Customer Service tonight, tried for 2 straight hours and all I got was busy signals.

Also, when i first try to perform the restore, i receive a window that says "Completing the Cricut Imagine Diver v1.03 Setup Wizard (see attached). When I click finish, I then get th message it does not read the Imagine. I think my drivers are not updating.

My version #s on my Imagaine are still showing: 1.01 0106:????:0293:202A

What does the ???? marks mean?


I am really up against a wall at this point and any help would be appreciated.


I PMed you.

Chris
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
DianaUtt on 3/1/2011(UTC)
DianaUtt Offline
#112 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 5:29:14 PM(UTC)
DianaUtt

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
I PMed you.

Chris


Chris I responded to your PM early this morning but I have not yet heard back from anyone.
mylilpeanut Offline
#113 Posted : Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:03:39 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/7/2009(UTC)
Posts: 139
United States
Location: Southeast South Dakota

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hello,
I recently got a Imagine machine for my birthday! I am on my second Imagine machine right now. First one would not update so I called support, the first support person I talked to told me to press and hold the two buttons on either side of the Menu button and press the power button. They said I should get a rainbow screen. What is this for as the directions I got off this messageboard and the directions on CricutSync tell me to press and hold the Menu button and the button just below it and press the power button. After a handful of attempts to do this system restore I called Support again and again. Each support person walked me through what to do and it still wouldnt work. The last person I talked to told me that what the first support person told me to do fried my machine. I believe I made about 10 calls to support! Im sure they are getting sick of me calling by now. I had to send the first machine back. All I want to do is make the machine work with my old Cricut Cartridges.

When doing to CricutSync, Everything is normal until it gets to the Imagine Restart step (The one right after the firmware updates). The CricutSync screen says the Imagine will start itself. The Imagine does just that, starts itself. Then the Sync stays on that step and says "The Imagine had trouble restarting. Please cycle power on Imagine." The imagine restarts and goes to the next step where its says "Tap screen to begin" and I can go through all the calibration steps, but the Sync just stays stuck at this Imagine Restart step and doesn't move on to the next step.

I also have question marks as the second set of four numbers when I go into the "About" selection on the Imagine.

Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks,
Ashley
DianaUtt Offline
#114 Posted : Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:08:17 AM(UTC)
DianaUtt

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mylilpeanut Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I recently got a Imagine machine for my birthday! I am on my second Imagine machine right now. First one would not update so I called support, the first support person I talked to told me to press and hold the two buttons on either side of the Menu button and press the power button. They said I should get a rainbow screen. What is this for as the directions I got off this messageboard and the directions on CricutSync tell me to press and hold the Menu button and the button just below it and press the power button. After a handful of attempts to do this system restore I called Support again and again. Each support person walked me through what to do and it still wouldnt work. The last person I talked to told me that what the first support person told me to do fried my machine. I believe I made about 10 calls to support! Im sure they are getting sick of me calling by now. I had to send the first machine back. All I want to do is make the machine work with my old Cricut Cartridges.

When doing to CricutSync, Everything is normal until it gets to the Imagine Restart step (The one right after the firmware updates). The CricutSync screen says the Imagine will start itself. The Imagine does just that, starts itself. Then the Sync stays on that step and says "The Imagine had trouble restarting. Please cycle power on Imagine." The imagine restarts and goes to the next step where its says "Tap screen to begin" and I can go through all the calibration steps, but the Sync just stays stuck at this Imagine Restart step and doesn't move on to the next step.

I also have question marks as the second set of four numbers when I go into the "About" selection on the Imagine.

Anyone have any ideas????


Ashely: sounds like you are having the same problem I am. I am still waiting to here back from PC, I now have to buy store bought invitations for a party that I have been trying make invitations for for a week now. They have to get out in the mail. I am getting frustrated.

Thanks,
Ashley

14cross Offline
#115 Posted : Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:11:52 AM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mylilpeanut Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I recently got a Imagine machine for my birthday! I am on my second Imagine machine right now. First one would not update so I called support, the first support person I talked to told me to press and hold the two buttons on either side of the Menu button and press the power button. They said I should get a rainbow screen. What is this for as the directions I got off this messageboard and the directions on CricutSync tell me to press and hold the Menu button and the button just below it and press the power button. After a handful of attempts to do this system restore I called Support again and again. Each support person walked me through what to do and it still wouldnt work. The last person I talked to told me that what the first support person told me to do fried my machine. I believe I made about 10 calls to support! Im sure they are getting sick of me calling by now. I had to send the first machine back. All I want to do is make the machine work with my old Cricut Cartridges.

When doing to CricutSync, Everything is normal until it gets to the Imagine Restart step (The one right after the firmware updates). The CricutSync screen says the Imagine will start itself. The Imagine does just that, starts itself. Then the Sync stays on that step and says "The Imagine had trouble restarting. Please cycle power on Imagine." The imagine restarts and goes to the next step where its says "Tap screen to begin" and I can go through all the calibration steps, but the Sync just stays stuck at this Imagine Restart step and doesn't move on to the next step.

I also have question marks as the second set of four numbers when I go into the "About" selection on the Imagine.

Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks,
Ashley


I'm sure they asked you this but you didn't mention it. Is your Firewall and Anti Virus software set to "allow" Cricut Sync to run? Sometimes Cricut Sync is not recognized by these programs so they think Cricut Sync is malicious and won't let it run properly.

Could you please tell me the entire version numbers you have on your machine? That will tell me a lot. As for the ???? that tells me the content update did not load so it will not recognize any of your cartridges. Doing a successful system restore will fix that. But we need to get you through that first. I don't believe you fried your Imagine.

Get me the answers above and we'll go forward from there.

Chris
Provo Craft
mylilpeanut Offline
#116 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 8:57:13 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/7/2009(UTC)
Posts: 139
United States
Location: Southeast South Dakota

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
I'm sure they asked you this but you didn't mention it. Is your Firewall and Anti Virus software set to "allow" Cricut Sync to run? Sometimes Cricut Sync is not recognized by these programs so they think Cricut Sync is malicious and won't let it run properly.

Could you please tell me the entire version numbers you have on your machine? That will tell me a lot. As for the ???? that tells me the content update did not load so it will not recognize any of your cartridges. Doing a successful system restore will fix that. But we need to get you through that first. I don't believe you fried your Imagine.

Get me the answers above and we'll go forward from there.

Chris
Provo Craft




Chris,

I'm new to this "posting" thing, and not sure how to reply. Hopefully I did it right.

Thank you for your response. I have my antivirus and firewall shut off when I do the Cricut Sync to make sure that it will let it allow everything. I am running on Windows 7, but also tried running on Vista too.

The entire version numbers are: 0106 ???? 0240 202A and version 1.01

After running the Cricut Sync yesterday, I do have 4 icons on the main screen of the Imagine instead of 3 that were on there before I did the Cricut Sync.

When I talked to support a handful of times trying to get the first Imagine up and running, the first tech told me to press the wrong buttons and the machine just sat idle for a while. Called back and next tech told me this Sync thing would take about two hours, called back when it was still not advancing to the next step and the next tech told me this process would take about five hours to complete. By this time I was just getting frustrated. Called back after the Sync was running for six hours and not advancing. That tech told me it should only take up to two hours, but didn't help me through it and wanted to know which tech told me it would take five hours. Called back yet again, and yes, another tech stayed on the phone with me and walked me through it. She was the one who said the first tech told me to push the wrong buttons and fried the machine. At this time while on the phone with her, she stayed on the phone while Sync was doing its job, which only took about five to ten minutes to get to the "Firmware" step. Sync got stuck at the "Imagine Restart" stage (the one after the firmware). It also wouldn't get rid of the question marks. She then told me that I had to send the machine back.

And again this is the same thing that is happening to the second machine I got. Getting really discouraged with the machine now.

Thanks for your help,
Ashley
14cross Offline
#117 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:42:37 AM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mylilpeanut Go to Quoted Post
Chris,

I'm new to this "posting" thing, and not sure how to reply. Hopefully I did it right.

Thank you for your response. I have my antivirus and firewall shut off when I do the Cricut Sync to make sure that it will let it allow everything. I am running on Windows 7, but also tried running on Vista too.

The entire version numbers are: 0106 ???? 0240 202A and version 1.01

After running the Cricut Sync yesterday, I do have 4 icons on the main screen of the Imagine instead of 3 that were on there before I did the Cricut Sync.

When I talked to support a handful of times trying to get the first Imagine up and running, the first tech told me to press the wrong buttons and the machine just sat idle for a while. Called back and next tech told me this Sync thing would take about two hours, called back when it was still not advancing to the next step and the next tech told me this process would take about five hours to complete. By this time I was just getting frustrated. Called back after the Sync was running for six hours and not advancing. That tech told me it should only take up to two hours, but didn't help me through it and wanted to know which tech told me it would take five hours. Called back yet again, and yes, another tech stayed on the phone with me and walked me through it. She was the one who said the first tech told me to push the wrong buttons and fried the machine. At this time while on the phone with her, she stayed on the phone while Sync was doing its job, which only took about five to ten minutes to get to the "Firmware" step. Sync got stuck at the "Imagine Restart" stage (the one after the firmware). It also wouldn't get rid of the question marks. She then told me that I had to send the machine back.

And again this is the same thing that is happening to the second machine I got. Getting really discouraged with the machine now.

Thanks for your help,
Ashley


You have the update but you are missing the content update. Do a System Restore and that will fix this. Directions are stickied at the top of the message boards. Look for a post at the top that says System Restore Instructions, or something like that. It will take about 45 minutes or longer to do a System Restore. Let me know how it goes.

Chris
Provo Craft
mylilpeanut Offline
#118 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:15:49 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/7/2009(UTC)
Posts: 139
United States
Location: Southeast South Dakota

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
You have the update but you are missing the content update. Do a System Restore and that will fix this. Directions are stickied at the top of the message boards. Look for a post at the top that says System Restore Instructions, or something like that. It will take about 45 minutes or longer to do a System Restore. Let me know how it goes.

Chris
Provo Craft



Chris,

I would like to thank you for all your help! I plugged the usb cord from the Imagine to my computer this morning. I then started Cricut Sync. A new screen that did not pop up before did pop up. It was the setup wizard screen. I followed the directions on it and after that closed out of everything and went back in and did the "System Restore". It is working beautifully, I am getting farther than what I was before! I went through the "Setup" step. Right now it is "Sending updated content". We will have to see if it works. The "Sending File 1 of 2 bar is going slowly and jumping back and forth but it is progressing. I will write again when this is complete as it looks like its going to take a while.

Thanks,
Ashley

14cross Offline
#119 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:20:04 AM(UTC)
14cross

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
Joined: 10/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,048

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mylilpeanut Go to Quoted Post
Chris,

I would like to thank you for all your help! I plugged the usb cord from the Imagine to my computer this morning. I then started Cricut Sync. A new screen that did not pop up before did pop up. It was the setup wizard screen. I followed the directions on it and after that closed out of everything and went back in and did the "System Restore". It is working beautifully, I am getting farther than what I was before! I went through the "Setup" step. Right now it is "Sending updated content". We will have to see if it works. The "Sending File 1 of 2 bar is going slowly and jumping back and forth but it is progressing. I will write again when this is complete as it looks like its going to take a while.

Thanks,
Ashley



The content update portion does take a while so be patient. It will finish. Let me know how it goes.

Chris
Provo Craft
DianaUtt Offline
#120 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:25:53 AM(UTC)
DianaUtt

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 14

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mylilpeanut Go to Quoted Post
Chris,

I would like to thank you for all your help! I plugged the usb cord from the Imagine to my computer this morning. I then started Cricut Sync. A new screen that did not pop up before did pop up. It was the setup wizard screen. I followed the directions on it and after that closed out of everything and went back in and did the "System Restore". It is working beautifully, I am getting farther than what I was before! I went through the "Setup" step. Right now it is "Sending updated content". We will have to see if it works. The "Sending File 1 of 2 bar is going slowly and jumping back and forth but it is progressing. I will write again when this is complete as it looks like its going to take a while.

Thanks,
Ashley




You are describing exactly what is happening to me going on 10 days now. I am getting stuck at the Sending updated content, it nevers goes past File 1 of 2, as soon as the bar advances as far as it can on file 1, all activity stops. I hope this works for you as then I will see light at the end of the tunnel. I had to revert to purchasing store bought invitations for a party that I hoped to get out in the mail last weekend. My Imagine works but only with Imagine cartridges.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
7 Pages«<23456>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.337 seconds.
nebo-cricut-04