Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
14cross Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 2:59:55 PM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
1. Start up the Imagine App on the Gypsy
2. Start up the Imagine
3. Select the Manage Cartridges Button on the Gypsy
4. Select the Add button on the bottom of the Gypsy
5. Plug your Gypsy into the back of your Imagine
6. Insert your Imagine cartridge and wait until it has loaded on the Imagine
7. Press the OK button on the Gypsy
8. The percent bar on the Gypsy will turn red and start to progress to 100%

If The Gypsy tells you it does not recognize the cartridge then you may have to repeat some or all of the steps above. Usually, just selecting the Add button again and then pressing OK will work though. Or try removing the Imagine cartridge, blowing lightly into the connector end and reinserting the cartridge. Then select the Add button on the bottom of the Gypsy.

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:38:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

34 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
HiGhLaNdEyEs on 3/7/2011(UTC), Marta on 3/7/2011(UTC), MariaReyes1 on 3/7/2011(UTC), Craftelicious on 3/7/2011(UTC), Shelby on 3/8/2011(UTC), ChunkyMonkey on 3/8/2011(UTC), BirdsofaFeather on 3/8/2011(UTC), CarolClifford on 3/8/2011(UTC), O2BMe on 3/8/2011(UTC), 4i's on 3/8/2011(UTC), Smoochie Grandma on 3/9/2011(UTC), MarleneFair on 3/10/2011(UTC), JavaJen on 3/12/2011(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 3/18/2011(UTC), Angie Torp on 3/23/2011(UTC), ILoveBowling on 3/25/2011(UTC), ScrappyMama on 3/30/2011(UTC), scrapperbecka on 4/8/2011(UTC), Tracy (CountryCharm) on 4/21/2011(UTC), Pink Elephant on 4/30/2011(UTC), LilianaTincher on 5/1/2011(UTC), scarlet squirrel on 5/13/2011(UTC), TX Scrapper Mom on 5/16/2011(UTC), mhjudge67 on 5/24/2011(UTC), KeepinUpWKaren on 6/3/2011(UTC), garagesaler on 7/2/2011(UTC), Karen J on 7/4/2011(UTC), Carolyn Mendoza-Canales on 10/8/2011(UTC), NJsharon on 11/26/2011(UTC), StampinRealtor on 11/27/2011(UTC), AllieAlbee on 12/30/2011(UTC), Kigz on 1/1/2012(UTC), PAMDEK on 1/10/2012(UTC), SusanneBrock on 2/9/2013(UTC)
HiGhLaNdEyEs Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 3:10:13 PM(UTC)
HiGhLaNdEyEs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Thanks so very much Chris...it's sad that you have to give us these step by step instructions, but I for one, GREATLY appreciate them;0)

}}}HUGS{{{,
Sheri G
anniehall Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 3:55:42 PM(UTC)
anniehall

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This might help some of you who are having problems linking your Imagine cartridges.

Initially my I cartridges wouldn't load, kept getting a message saying Gypsy not linked to Imagine. I removed the I cartridge then re-inserted. I then WAITED TILL THE I CARTRIDGE LOADED ONTO THE I SCREEN (SO I COULD SEE THE INDIVIDUAL IMAGES) before I clicked Ok on my Gypsy.

After that, all my cartridges loaded fine.

Have fun!

Annie
 4 users thanked anniehall for this useful post.
14cross on 3/7/2011(UTC), scrapperbecka on 4/8/2011(UTC), LilianaTincher on 5/1/2011(UTC), Kigz on 12/24/2011(UTC)
14cross Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 4:02:07 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: anniehall Go to Quoted Post
This might help some of you who are having problems linking your Imagine cartridges.

Initially my I cartridges wouldn't load, kept getting a message saying Gypsy not linked to Imagine. I removed the I cartridge then re-inserted. I then WAITED TILL THE I CARTRIDGE LOADED ONTO THE I SCREEN (SO I COULD SEE THE INDIVIDUAL IMAGES) before I clicked Ok on my Gypsy.

After that, all my cartridges loaded fine.

Have fun!

Annie

That is a good point and something I also noticed but failed to put in my instructions. I will add it now.

Chris
Provo Craft
{RedBecca} Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 4:07:08 PM(UTC)
{RedBecca}

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Yup, the waiting is the most important part! Of course I skipped over this step in my excitement to load the carts ;-) But now one is loading. So exciting!

Thanks so much for all the instructions and support you provide, Chris!
NatashaHensel Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 7:54:37 PM(UTC)
NatashaHensel

Huh My cord is not being recognized when trying to link the Imagine carts. It works file otherwise connected to the Imagine and Gypsy when printing/cutting but not to link the carts, why?

So eager to get this done so I can scale background images that I am trying anything I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:) Natasha
www.cleversoiree.blogspot.com
YouTube - Enastasia
14cross Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 8:22:39 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: NatashaHensel Go to Quoted Post
Huh My cord is not being recognized when trying to link the Imagine carts. It works file otherwise connected to the Imagine and Gypsy when printing/cutting but not to link the carts, why?

So eager to get this done so I can scale background images that I am trying anything I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:) Natasha
www.cleversoiree.blogspot.com
YouTube - Enastasia

The linking process isn't flawless. You might have to try some of your cartridges a few times in order to get them to link. But if you follow the instructions above you will likley get them to work.

Chris
Provo Craft
The Monogram Mom Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:47:16 AM(UTC)
The Monogram Mom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 89 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
2. Start up the Imagine
5. Plug your Gypsy into the back of your Imagine and wait until it has loaded on the Imagine.
6. Insert your Imagine cartridge.

If The Gypsy tells you it does not recognize the cartridge then you may have to repeat some or all of the steps above. Usually, just selecting the Add button again and then pressing OK will work though. Or try removing the Imagine cartridge, blowing lightly into the connector end and reinserting the cartridge. Then select the Add button on the bottom of the Gypsy.

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris,
I think the note in red above should be listed next to step #6. This is the only 'trick' I needed to know before loading all my cards. I am all set up and ready to design on the go with my G now.

Thanks!
Jill
 1 user thanked The Monogram Mom for this useful post.
14cross on 3/8/2011(UTC)
007Stitch Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:15:21 AM(UTC)
007Stitch

Bahamas

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 146 post(s)
2. Start up the Imagine
5. Plug your Gypsy into the back of your Imagine and wait until it has loaded on the Imagine.6. Insert your Imagine cartridge.

Chris
Provo Craft

Which cord do I use??? I can not find a cord that fits into the back of the imagine and into my Gyspy. I have the white long imagine cord which fits in the back then into my usb on my computer. Then I have a short black gypsy cord that I use to link carts and the medium black cord that i plug into the top of the gypsy and my usb on my computer for sync updates. Please help which cord do I plug into the back of the imagine and then into my gypsy? I can not find one that works. TIA must need more sleep I can not figure this one out.
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:29:38 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 007Stitch Go to Quoted Post
Which cord do I use??? I can not find a cord that fits into the back of the imagine and into my Gyspy. I have the white long imagine cord which fits in the back then into my usb on my computer. Then I have a short black gypsy cord that I use to link carts and the medium black cord that i plug into the top of the gypsy and my usb on my computer for sync updates. Please help which cord do I plug into the back of the imagine and then into my gypsy? I can not find one that works. TIA must need more sleep I can not figure this one out.

HiBigGrin
When you bought your Gypsy you got 3 cords with it + charger,
You need the one that links any cricut machine with the Gypsy, it has the same squarish end as the Cricut Expression, Create,baby and Imagine, the other end plugs into your Gypsy.
Hugs
Adele
 2 users thanked ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ for this useful post.
007Stitch on 3/8/2011(UTC), 14cross on 3/8/2011(UTC)
007Stitch Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:39:34 AM(UTC)
007Stitch

Bahamas

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Adele

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

you saved me from going crazy and your post was clear!!! I plum forgot about the third black gypsy cord, that was pluged into my expression. I have not ever used the gypsy with the imagine, only using carts so that cord never crossed my mind.

again that you!
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:41:26 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 007Stitch Go to Quoted Post
Adele

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

you saved me from going crazy and your post was clear!!! I plum forgot about the third black gypsy cord, that was pluged into my expression. I have not ever used the gypsy with the imagine, only using carts so that cord never crossed my mind.

again that you!

My pleasure SweetieBigGrin
Happy crafting
Hugs
Adele
4i's Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 6:41:18 PM(UTC)
4i's

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 125 post(s)
I am beyond happy!! While it does take a little bit to load the carts it's going to be well worth the wait!! BigGrin

Thanks Chris and team for the much anticipated updates!!
LAMom23 Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:31:17 AM(UTC)
LAMom23

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Please help!!! My G just keeps saying "The Gypsy is unable to connect to the Imagine". I've tried doing it step by step exactly the way Chris said several times... just keeps refusing to connect. This is SOOO frustrating after I spent 5 1/2 hours Thursday night trying to update my G and it failed and then doing it for 3 hours last night until it finally took.

Lisa
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:50:30 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: LAMom23 Go to Quoted Post
Please help!!! My G just keeps saying "The Gypsy is unable to connect to the Imagine". I've tried doing it step by step exactly the way Chris said several times... just keeps refusing to connect. This is SOOO frustrating after I spent 5 1/2 hours Thursday night trying to update my G and it failed and then doing it for 3 hours last night until it finally took.

Lisa

Hi lisaBigGrin
It sounds like it's your Imagine that needs to be updated now, it should be
version 1.01 (0110:0020:0239:202A)
HTH
Hugs
Adele
 1 user thanked ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ for this useful post.
CricutLadyBug on 3/12/2011(UTC)
14cross Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:25:41 AM(UTC)
14cross

Lisa

Can you please tell me the update numbers on your Gypsy/Imagine App? You can find these numbers by clicking on the little About button at the top of your Gypsy/Imagine App screen. It should say Version 1.01 (0110:0020).

Also tell me the version numbers on your Imagine.

Chris
Provo Craft
LAMom23 Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:03:17 AM(UTC)
LAMom23

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thanks y'all! I updated my I Thursday night, but I guess it didn't take or something because I reupdated again after seeing the replies, it worked! I'm so glad too because I was really on my last nerve with this thing! I have the cartridges loading now. Thanks again!

Lisa
Smoochie Grandma Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:09:04 PM(UTC)
Smoochie Grandma

United States

Was thanked: 3201 time(s) in 1357 post(s)
2. Start up the Imagine

Chris
Provo Craft

I have updated 3 times and I still do not have an Imagine app on my gypsy...HELP!!!God bless, Pamela
14cross Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:23:23 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: SmoochieGrandma Go to Quoted Post
I have updated 3 times and I still do not have an Imagine app on my gypsy...HELP!!!God bless, Pamela

What version does your Gypsy show? Do you only have the three icons on your startup screen? What happens when you do the update? Does it look like it completes?

I won't be able to respond to your answers until morning as I will be gone all evening.

Chris
Provo craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
Smoochie Grandma on 3/9/2011(UTC)
Karen-in-Indiana Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:36:09 PM(UTC)
Karen-in-Indiana

United States

Was thanked: 267 time(s) in 172 post(s)

Lisa

PLEASE HELP! I am having this same problem. Spent two long evenings updating G and I and now it says "The Gypsy is unable to connect to the Imagine". This is a brand new I just updated. I tried to sync both and both say they are up to date. ???

I just want to play!
Karen
Karen-in-Indiana Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:42:55 PM(UTC)
Karen-in-Indiana

United States

Never mind! It's now working. You have to follow Chris's steps in first post exactly. I printed them out to have next to my machine and followed them and it took. Tried memorizing them before and the mind just does not work like it did in my 20's and I did the steps out of order! LOL

Karen
Smoochie Grandma Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:20:50 PM(UTC)
Smoochie Grandma

United States

Was thanked: 3201 time(s) in 1357 post(s)
What version does your Gypsy show? Do you only have the three icons on your startup screen? What happens when you do the update? Does it look like it completes?

I won't be able to respond to your answers until morning as I will be gone all evening.

Chris
Provo craft

Thanks...My version on my gypsy says...version 1.4 (0208:0214). I only have the 3 icons on my startup screen and I have updated 3 times. It looks like it completes. I also updated the Imagine. Thank you so much for your help. God bless, Pamela
Karen-in-Indiana Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:34:44 PM(UTC)
Karen-in-Indiana

United States

Thanks...My version on my gypsy says...version 1.4 (0208:0214). I only have the 3 icons on my startup screen and I have updated 3 times. It looks like it completes. I also updated the Imagine. Thank you so much for your help. God bless, Pamela

I had to run the Gypsy sync several times until I finally got the message "your gypsy device is up to date" or something like that. Have you gotten that message yet when you sync your Gypsy?

Karen
KellyStooksbury Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:56:19 AM(UTC)
KellyStooksbury

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Chris:

Just got my Imagine on Monday and have gone through all the steps and have the Imagine app on my gyspy, but like some of the others, the Imagine and Gyspy aren't communicating. The message reads "The Gyspy is unable to to connect to the Imagine". I have tried both carts I have - the Art that came with the Imagine and the Imagine More Cards. Please help as this is one of the reasons I purchased the Imagine.

Thanks in advance for your help!

SuperJoy Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:36:14 AM(UTC)
SuperJoy

Was thanked: 297 time(s) in 100 post(s)
2. Start up the Imagine

Chris
Provo Craft

Thank you Chris! This worked perfectly for me. I was going crazy until I read your post. BigGrin
~Joy~
LeslieZee Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:35:52 AM(UTC)
LeslieZee

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Chris,
I also posted this on the ASK CHRIS thread but this may be the more appropriate thread so I'm repeating my question here.

I finally got the imagine application onto the G and attached all my I carts to it. I am able to create a design using my I carts, however, none of my already attached original carts show up in the I application. Is there something else I need to do to see these? They all still show up in the G application, just not in the I app. Do I need to reattach them using the I app? (I hope not!)
14cross Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:56:59 PM(UTC)
14cross

Sorry for the late reply. It has been another full day of meetings. Your version numbers for the gypsy App are correct but the Imagine App is not loading on the Gypsy. I would first try a few times to connect to Cricut Sync. It should tell you an update is available. If it is not connecting then try restarting the Gypsy, restarting Cricut Sync, restarting your computer, unplugging the cord and plugging it back into your computer or Gypsy. Try using a different USB port on your computer.

Let me know if any of that works.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:14:15 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Leslie Z Go to Quoted Post
Chris,
I also posted this on the ASK CHRIS thread but this may be the more appropriate thread so I'm repeating my question here.

I finally got the imagine application onto the G and attached all my I carts to it. I am able to create a design using my I carts, however, none of my already attached original carts show up in the I application. Is there something else I need to do to see these? They all still show up in the G application, just not in the I app. Do I need to reattach them using the I app? (I hope not!)

No. You don't have the Imagine content update on your Gypsy yet. To confirm that you can press the About button at the top of your Gypsy screen in the Imagine App and it will likely show four quesiton marks. Try running Cricut Sync again and see if it tells you there is an update available.

Chris
Provo Craft
LeslieZee Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:53:53 PM(UTC)
LeslieZee

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 57 post(s)
No. You don't have the Imagine content update on your Gypsy yet. To confirm that you can press the About button at the top of your Gypsy screen in the Imagine App and it will likely show four quesiton marks. Try running Cricut Sync again and see if it tells you there is an update available.

Chris
Provo Craft

Thanks Chris - that did the trick.
Theresa Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:34:45 PM(UTC)
Theresa

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 407 post(s)
I haven't really thought this thought yet so it may be a silly question. Since the I cartridges seem to take up so much space on the G is everyone linking the pattern cartridges to there G. And if not can we use the pattern cartridges in the I while downloading a Gypsy project to the Imagine? I hope this makes sense.

Edited by user Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:36:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified