Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<131415
rm920 Offline
#421 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:20:02 PM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all...

Nancy, hope you were able to enjoy the day outside today. We are still so very windy. But so far most of the rain has missed us.

Pat, how was the kite festival? It sounds like it would really be a neat event. And I know you walked off all the scones and probably lots more!!

It was a great day in Topeka. We did some shopping but I didn't buy anything except some fruit from a market. I am now working on making a list of yard projects I want to work on this week if the weather holds.

Hope everyone is enjoying their eveing.

I am off to watch Amazing Race!
imnchghere Offline
#422 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:46:34 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I am home and I am tired. The day didn't turn out as we had planned, but it was ok. There weren't many kites when we got there and so we went into one of the museums. BIG mistake, as we ended up in there for 4 hrs. This was the museum of Natural History (which to me is the most boring). By the time we left it was too late to walk down to the tidal basin and the area where the kites were by then being flown. So we went and ate and headed home. It made for a very long day.

I see we are on page 15, so I guess I better start us a new thread. It will be #5.

Rhonda, I am glad you had a decent day. I have a lot to get done this week as well. Jim was telling me he had been hoping for a shutdown of the gov't, so his customers wouldn't be in the office. It is so quiet when they aren't there bugging him.

I am going to get my list for the week together and see if I can make a plan. Hate that it has to include scanning.
Lizzy Offline
#423 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:42:18 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...I am finally home from the volleyball tournament. I felt as if my days moved very fast. We were up and out early, the pace was non-stop, and when it did stop, I slept, got up, started going again, etc.

The team did pretty well. In the final day, they lost in the second round. We aren't sure how that worked out overall, but we feel they did well. They lost to the only team that beat them in pool play. It was disappointing, but overall, they played well.

It was really great to be with my family. Honestly, I think it was exactly what my spirit needed. I feel so much happier and saner inside.

I did not get any work done; I did not get any lessons planned; and furthermore,when I got home today, I slept most of the day. I am going to see what I can pull together right now for tomorrow. It's very likely going to be a tough week, but I can manage it.

imnchghere Offline
#424 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:53:06 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Welcome home Lizzy. I am glad you had a good time with family and that you are feeling better. I am confident you will pull something sufficient together for tomorrow and the rest of the week. Maybe just keep things to the minimum until you get on track.
Sorry about the loss. When you say "pool play", do you mean in the water? I am not much of volley ball fan, although I enjoyed beach volleyball in the summer olympics.

I am going to call it a night here and hope for a productive tomorrow. It is supposed to be near 80.
rm920 Offline
#425 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:11:24 PM(UTC)
rm920

Welcome home Lizzy! Sorry the team didn't win, but sounds like the did very well. The other team must have their number to have beaten them in pool play as well as the tournament. I know you will get things together for tomorrow. You can start the week out feeling much better over all! Family is what gets us through all that we have to go through.

Pat, maybe we can "meet" and get out yard work done together. I think we are going to be very warm this week as well.

I am going to call it a night!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#426 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 4:59:18 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
good morning ladies!!

We had a beautiful day here yesterday. A bit windy but warm. :D

I ended up running out of town Saturday with my friend to Costco, Marshall's and Sephora. She wanted to get a new mattress.
Yesterday we went to my sister's for dinner. Her son was passing through town on his way from a weekend conference back to college. He ended up having to stay for a couple extra meetings because of a position he won so we stayed a lot longer than expected (waiting for him). Needless to say nothing got done here yesterday.

Lizzy, I see you are back from your travels. I am glad you enjoyed your trip.
And Rhonda, sounds like your day in Topeka was nice.

Pat, that is one museum we may visit in July. We are trying to decide if DS and I will go with DH, and if so where we will visit. There is so much to see!!

Today is my regular Monday house, then I think I will pick up a bit around here.
imnchghere Offline
#427 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 5:18:32 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. I started a new challenge thread.
Paula.. you are correct that there is so much to see here. I think we would have been better going to the American History Museum, although Christian was very interested in all the dinosaurs.

I have a lot to do today to make up for yesterday. I've got 2 loads of laundry going and I am going to work on the index cards for each of the folders I have to scan. It is the most tedious part of the scanning.
As soon as it warms up a little more, I am going to get out to the yard. Supposed to be mid 80's today and then storms tonight.