Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:44:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
than one cartridge on a design?

I only have an Expression. I don't have Jukebox. I used four cartridges on one design this morning. When I got ready to CUT, my machine told me I needed all four cartridges to be recognized.

Do you think if I would have gotten into the CUT function, switched all four cartridges into my Expression while I was in CUT mode that the CCR would have recognized my cartridges and gone ahead and CUT? I didn't think of that this morning; but, it doesn't make much sense to me to do it in that way.

Can anyone help me with this? I am going to mention it in FEEDBACK, but I don't expect to get feedback.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:06:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tjbaby Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:50:52 PM(UTC)
tjbaby

Location: Not the end of the world but you can see it from here.

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I have done this using the Design Studio, I had to change cartridges during the cut, DS told me when it needed which cartridge. I don't like doing this because I don't change my cartridges hot. Meaning I turn my Cricut off each time I put a cart on or off. But during this cut I HAD to have, using 4 different carts I couldn't turn my Cricut off to change them. It turned out really nice but I wish there was another way around it. I have not had time to try it on the Cricut Craft room. Anyone else? Can you cut a design using muplitple carts without having to change cartridges using the Cricut craft room?
 1 user thanked tjbaby for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/14/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:18:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tjbaby Go to Quoted Post
I have done this using the Design Studio, I had to change cartridges during the cut, DS told me when it needed which cartridge. I don't like doing this because I don't change my cartridges hot. Meaning I turn my Cricut off each time I put a cart on or off. But during this cut I HAD to have, using 4 different carts I couldn't turn my Cricut off to change them. It turned out really nice but I wish there was another way around it. I have not had time to try it on the Cricut Craft room. Anyone else? Can you cut a design using muplitple carts without having to change cartridges using the Cricut craft room?

Thanks for your reply.

I know we aren't supposed to "hot swap" our cartridges with our Expression; but, I thought I read in my early days here that it didn't hurt your machine if you were using DS. I definitely turn my Expression off every time I change cartridges, too. SO, I assume that we can "hot swap" with CCR. Unfortunately, I can only assume that because we have virtually been given NO education on CCR that speaks to this.

When I tried to CUT with my multiple cartridge design this morning, it wouldn't allow me to do anything; the message on the screen said it couldn't recognize my four cartridges and just sat there. I had the cartridge in and the right Glyph up that I wanted to CUT at the time.

Thanks, again. I think I will go try to CUT again and "hot swap" all of the cartridges while I'm in CCR and in my design and see if CCR then recognizes that I "entered" each cartridge needed and leave the one in that I want to use first. I can't imagine it will work.

Char

WHAT I SAID I WOULD TRY, I DID AND IT WORKED! I THINK IN THE PROCESS, THOUGH, MY CARTRIDGES WERE LINKED, AS IT SAID I MUST LINK THEM TO CONTINUE. AFTER I LINKED THEM ALL BY HOT SWAPPING, CCR ALLOWED ME TO CUT. I didn't have to have the correct cartridge in to cut; e.g., if I had Lyrical Letters in, but I was cutting the layer that was using Home Accents, it went ahead and cut the Home Accents layer correctly. That surprised me. Then, I just left Lyrical Letters in to cut every layer of four layers.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:11:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tjbaby Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:02:59 AM(UTC)
tjbaby

Location: Not the end of the world but you can see it from here.

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Good information to know. Thanks for sharing. We have to stick together if we ever want any answers.
 1 user thanked tjbaby for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/14/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:43:09 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7901 time(s) in 3704 post(s)
PC have previously advised that "hot swapping" is perfectly fine when using DS or CCR. In fact it's the only way you can cut with multiple carts using those two programs (other than with a jukebox - and I don't know if the jukebox is working with CCR yet. I should give it a try!)