Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BELLA✿BUG Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 2:37:24 PM(UTC)
BELLA✿BUG

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1373 time(s) in 856 post(s)
I'm having trouble getting this to work. The real size seems to be working, but the relative size is giving me some of the cuts way too small. What am I doing wrong?
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 2:51:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8084 time(s) in 4730 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BELLA✿BUG Go to Quoted Post
I'm having trouble getting this to work. The real size seems to be working, but the relative size is giving me some of the cuts way too small. What am I doing wrong?

BellaBug - I have an unorthodox way of working around this, myself. I think I posted it for someone else; then, another poster came along and gave a better way to do it, so maybe that will happen again!

Here's what I do:

I put down my first image and size it the way I want it. You can even do it bigger than you want it to begin with, while you're creating your piece. When I get the first image on, I get the box around it (by left clicking inside the image) and SAVE. Then, with the box around it, I go inside the box and right click and you should see "Send Forward or Backward". I send it backward.

Next, I place a layer on the mat. Let's say you have three pieces to layer. When I make it a little bigger, I get the box around it, right click and "bring forward". Then, I get the box around it again and click inside on the upper, left corner to drag it across the first image I sent backward. I place the layer on the upper, leftmost area where the layer will appear on the first image, then I go to the lower, right-hand corner and drag it until it layers over the image correctly. SAVE. ALWAYS TELL THE LITTLE REMINDER TO "Do not Weld", when it pops up, on your layers, unless you are using the IMAGINE and are using your colors with it.

Do the same with the second layer. Don't forget to bring it forward. Get the box around it and go place it where you want it and size it where you need it sized. Sometimes, you might need to use the upper (it might be the lower) arrow on the box to make your image a little taller or shorter to fit where you want it better. FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE WITH THE FIRST LAYER.

Then, do your third layer. SAVE ALL - CCR automatically saves every three minutes, also, but I don't count on their saves; I like to save every time I finish something.

Now, you can left click in the center of each layer to drag each one back off the original image. SAVE.

THIS IS MY CONVULUTED WAY OF WORKING WITH LAYERS.

Char

BELLA✿BUG Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 3:01:01 PM(UTC)
BELLA✿BUG

EIYIYI!!! Char, I totally understand your explanation and THANK YOU SO MUCH, but what a major headache! I sure hope this is one of the features that PC is going to improve, because it sure seems like a lot of work. My project is fairly simple, but I couldn't imagine going through this all the time!
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 3:33:42 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

EIYIYI!!! Char, I totally understand your explanation and THANK YOU SO MUCH, but what a major headache! I sure hope this is one of the features that PC is going to improve, because it sure seems like a lot of work. My project is fairly simple, but I couldn't imagine going through this all the time!

I don't know if it will work for you; I also use it for shadowing. BUT, I'm hoping CCR will come up with the shadow feature; I don't think it works that well when you shadow the way I layer.

I do think there is still an easier way to layer, though; I just don't remember what it is. Sorry.

ALSO, if it's that important to you, you should go to FEEDBACK (over on left side menus) and let them know what you would like to see. The more people give the SAME feedback, the more PC is apt to give us what we ask for!

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 4:48:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

BELLABUG - I JUST USED THE RELATIVE/REAL DIAL SIZE option on the top menus in CCR. They work for me. Just be sure you are on the right layer for the original image you're using. Some layers can look alike but be for different images (at least, I think that has been my experience).

Sorry, but I have to get ready for Good Friday Services at our church. I'll be back later; I hope you will see this and I'll PM you, too.

Char
BELLA✿BUG Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:18:23 AM(UTC)
BELLA✿BUG

Char...it worked for me, but when working with many layers, it's a bit tedious. Do you know why the real/relative size feature isn't working? Another feature that isn't working for me is the size feature in the craft room menu. I have my card all designed but it won't cut. I sent an email to PC and I'm waiting on a response. Guess I won't get one until Monday, at the earliest. Thank you for all of your help!
Margie
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 1:22:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Char...it worked for me, but when working with many layers, it's a bit tedious. Do you know why the real/relative size feature isn't working? Another feature that isn't working for me is the size feature in the craft room menu. I have my card all designed but it won't cut. I sent an email to PC and I'm waiting on a response. Guess I won't get one until Monday, at the earliest. Thank you for all of your help!
Margie

BellaBug - I don't think they have the sizing feature over on the left menus working, as yet. I can't get those to work, either. The ones at the top of the screen work, though, if you click on the original image and get it the size you want and note the dimensions in the first two boxes. Then, when you click on your layers, drag them to resize to the same dimensions you used on your original image. I think that should work. I don't find that tedious; maybe because I have worked in other programs that use those same features.

I think the layers work correctly; maybe I haven't explained it right. THE REAL/RELATIVE size is working for me, too. I don't think you have the right CUT update; I think once you get it, you should be able to see those things working (except the left menu for sizing).

So sorry you're having so much trouble. I think at this point, only PC can help you.

IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE ABLE TO HELP BELLABUG?

- Char
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 6:56:01 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7864 time(s) in 3679 post(s)
Here's how I do the layers

1. Set the size of the base layer at the Options menu, Craft Room tab, Dial size

At that same screen I also deselect "Mat Layers Enabled" so that I don't have to keep selecting "this layer" whenever I place an object on the mat. However if you want all your different colours to go on different mats then leave "mat layers enabled" selected.

2. Make sure Relative is showing on the toolbar

Then place each of the layers on the mat. If, after you've placed the base layer you decide it's the wrong size, delete it then change the size using the Dial size option again. Once you have it the correct size, then add the rest of your layers.

Here's my screen with all the layers on the mat. I position all the same coloured objects together to make it easier to place my cardstock.

Hope that helps!

Narelle

Edited by user Monday, April 25, 2011 3:57:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 11:54:24 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks, Narelle!

That's definitely a lot easier.

BellaBug, will this work for you?

Char

Edited by user Monday, April 25, 2011 11:59:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified