Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages123>»
14cross Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:37:40 PM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Please take a moment to tell me what you think of your E2 and how your E2 is working. I am very interested to know of any issues you might be having, including shipping damage or updating issues. Please don't post any questions here. Post those as separate posts and I will answer them there.

I know about the backorder issue and, unfortunately (or fortunately), that is not an issue we have any control over. We have more E2s available for HSN and it is my understanding that they have requested more to fill ALL orders that have been placed.

So let me know what you think of the E2 and let me know how it is working.

Thanks!

Chris
Provo Craft
 2 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 4/28/2011(UTC), Patricia Logan on 5/24/2011(UTC)
farmscraps Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:22:02 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
oh yes please please let us know how much you Love your E2!!
 1 user thanked farmscraps for this useful post.
Patricia Logan on 5/24/2011(UTC)
BeverlyWhittle Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:53:25 PM(UTC)
BeverlyWhittle

Just got mine via UPS just moments ago. Everything seems to be in tact and powered up just fine! I'm still going through the motions and reading up on all the new upgrades and features...hopefully I don't find any faults. I'M SUPER EXCITED to make something! BigGrin

The Whittle Crafter
Cuttlebug > Create > Expression > Expression2
Bearylish Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:24:46 PM(UTC)
Bearylish

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Got mine today everything was great with shipping updated it and did a few cuts. I had an issue of the starting point but I figured that out quick and fixed it. Just trying to get used to using it with out being able to move the blade around with the spaces and the returns but not bad. I usually use my Gypsy all the time anyway but wanted to play with it for a while.

Scraplady2001 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:11:21 PM(UTC)
Scraplady2001

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Mine arrived late yesterday afternoon. I have made only a few cuts on it so far. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Shipping was great. Before I was laid off I worked in a shipping department. I was very glad to see how well packed the machine was especially shipped via UPS.

My only thing is wishing that I had read the line about not working with CDS before I bought it. Still love the machine what I have used of it. This was an upgrade for me because I had the Create before. During that time I had become very dependent on CDS. Just going to take some getting use to again.

Amy
farmscraps Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:30:40 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: Bearylish Go to Quoted Post
Got mine today everything was great with shipping updated it and did a few cuts. I had an issue of the starting point but I figured that out quick and fixed it. Just trying to get used to using it with out being able to move the blade around with the spaces and the returns but not bad. I usually use my Gypsy all the time anyway but wanted to play with it for a while.

Is the user manual pretty self explanitory though?? Or did you just jump in with both feet and start playing with it? I am a bit nervous with all of the new features trying to figure them out..

Enjoy your new toy.BigGrin
Trish S Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:46:03 PM(UTC)
Trish S

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I just got mine today. I have not cut anything on it yet, but I was playing with it. I'm really excited! I did have an issue updating it. I couldn't get the Cricut Sync to recognize that it was plugged into the computer. It just said to make sure it was connected and turned on. I had upgraded my Cricut Sync first. I ended up turning off my anti-virus software, restarted my computer, and switched the USB port I was using. I finally got it, but it did freeze on the "restarting expression 2." When I tried to go through the process again, the Cricut Sync didn't recognize it again. I will keep trying. I also noticed my gypsy has a problem with the update for the E2 carts. Whenever I click on them, it exits out of the entire program and goes back to the home screen. Any thoughts on how to take care of these issues would be helpful.
Thank you!!!
 1 user thanked Trish S for this useful post.
Paintnut on 5/2/2011(UTC)
Sheila Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:59:16 PM(UTC)
Sheila

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I got mine today and it is wonderful. Very smooth cutting. The button and icon page is perfect. I copied it, enlarged it and laminated mine. I followed along with the video and that really helped. That center point is AWESOME!
Sheila
 1 user thanked Sheila for this useful post.
Emerald on 5/1/2011(UTC)
Bearylish Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:47:22 PM(UTC)
Bearylish

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: farmscraps Go to Quoted Post
Is the user manual pretty self explanitory though?? Or did you just jump in with both feet and start playing with it? I am a bit nervous with all of the new features trying to figure them out..

Enjoy your new toy.BigGrin

I jumped right in but I have watched a few videos. But I did end up reading the manual and it is pretty easy to follow. The images on the buttons are pretty good that you can figure out what it is. You will be fine!!
Clvseeyore Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:22:58 PM(UTC)
Clvseeyore

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just got my E2 today. The packaging was in great condition. I was able to update okay. The only complaint that I have at this time is on the Cricut Decal cartridge it shows the Cricut head with crossbones. I wanted to cut that out in vinyl for my sister to put on my old Expression I am giving to her. Well, I could not find it on there but it is in the handbook. I called Provo Craft and they said it was a misprint. I am sad, it was adorable. Hopefully there will be a update at sometime adding it. Other than that, so far so good. Can't wait to play more with it. BigGrin
farmscraps Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 5:50:20 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: Bearylish Go to Quoted Post
I jumped right in but I have watched a few videos. But I did end up reading the manual and it is pretty easy to follow. The images on the buttons are pretty good that you can figure out what it is. You will be fine!!

I have watched several videos also.... thank you for letting me know!!BigGrin
kimmie Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 6:23:24 AM(UTC)
kimmie

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Good Morning Everyone, got mine yesterday but havent played with it yet. Unfortunately, I wanted to update my Gypsy first so that I could use them together but my gypsy wont stay on. It powers on with a blue light and then immediately turns itself off. Waiting until 10am my time to call Provo Craft...Wish me luck with CS! Anyway so glad to hear that everyone is enjoying this wonderful new machine!!
14cross Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 9:05:57 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Trish S Go to Quoted Post
I also noticed my gypsy has a problem with the update for the E2 carts. Whenever I click on them, it exits out of the entire program and goes back to the home screen. Any thoughts on how to take care of these issues would be helpful.
Thank you!!!

You need to run a Content Restore. It will not delete your linked cartridges or any projects. Start by connecting your Gypsy to your Computer. Run Cricut Sync. Click on the Help menu and select Troubleshooting. It will ask you some questions. Answer them as follows: Yes, Yes and Yes. That will initiate the Content Restore, which will take about an hour to complete. This will fix the problem though.

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Friday, April 29, 2011 1:35:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
Trish S on 4/30/2011(UTC), Emerald on 5/1/2011(UTC)
VickieMoore1 Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 1:32:51 PM(UTC)
VickieMoore1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Oh wow do i love my E2!! I just got it an hour ago and cannot believe the images on the carts built in!! They are probably better than any cart i own. Does anyone else feel like it cuts smoother and faster than the old expression? I am in awe!! My old one also had a skunky smell when i opened it but i kept it anyway. No smell with this one by the way!! The mat was super sticky though so i had to patty cake it!! LOL BigGrin Over all i am very impressed and i feel like i got my money worth with just the carts included!! I love how many cricut heads were on the one and how the fonts one is so much more than that(includes many images). I am also crazy about the animals on Just a Note they are so cute!! Thanks Cricut i hope this machine keeps working like today and doesn't let me down. So far i am very satisfied and happy i bought this!!!Love Vickie
Weezie13 Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 2:12:27 PM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
I ordered mine, and heard a few people saying theirs were already recieved and or out
w/tracking numbers... and they didn't even pay the quick shipping either..
anyways..... I called to see if I could get my tracking no.'s
and mine is on BACK~ORDER supposedly!!!!
and the operator gave me some song and dance about how
there is soooo many different call centers, and that they possibly
can't keep track of all the orders going in, from different call centers,
and people closer to delivery places, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah...
(but yet HSN has a COUNTER THERE.... (to hurry up and scare you in to buying something,
cause it's going to be sold out and they only got "X" in... THEY NEED TO LOOSE THE COUNTER)Glare

And I was quoted 5/6/11 and now the girl read it wasn't out for delivery
*if they had any left* would be 5/16/11.*
I told her that's not what I was quoted....Cursing

Sooooooo, that's how I like mine so far....Confused Bored Mad Cursing Sad Scared RollEyes ThumbDown
 1 user thanked Weezie13 for this useful post.
craftyculinarian Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 6:11:59 PM(UTC)
craftyculinarian

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello fellow E2 owners I too received my cricut late yesterday evening (April 28th) but didn't play with it because it was getting late so as soon as I got home from work today I quickly opened up and calibrated and registered my E2 only to realize that it was missing the stylus. I double checked all the packaging and looked in the spot where the quick start guide and book said it was and NO STYLUS only an EMPTY SPACE. I didn't panic I just called HSN and asked them to send me one and they put me on hold and come back and told me they sold out of the styluses. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!Cursing She then tells me she was sorry but I could either send it back or keep it as is. I told her how are you guys going to sell me a product with one of the parts missing and then tell me oh well sorry you can send it back and I am paying you over $300 for the rest of my life. She had no answer except to tell me I could send it back for a refund or call Provo Craft and that is what I did the good folks @ Provo Craft BigGrin did the honorable thing and they will be sending a stylus to me. I have been a faithful supporter and customer to both Provo Craft and HSN I was very disappointed with HSN and won't be purchasing anymore craft items from then for a long time. Once I finish paying this machine off I am waiting. I gave this long winded speech to say BE CAREFUL and check your machine out thoroughly. I am also thrilled to have my new toy home and safe especially after reading some posts stating they were told they wouldn't get their machine. Enjoy all!!! Nique Laugh
ssharp11d5c1f11b Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 6:43:02 PM(UTC)
ssharp11d5c1f11b

United States

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 443 post(s)
I received my E2 at 3:15p EST today. So far all of my cuts have been wonderful and the machine is quieter than my Expression. I did try my Gypsy (version 1.4, 0210:0218) with a file I created with Cricut cartridge and it cut beautifully. The E2 demo video is good. I "followed along" with Matt as he demonstrated all the E2 features. My experience has be GREAT so far. Thank you for asking and looking forward to many happy hours with my new baby.
MonikaWilson Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 7:59:16 PM(UTC)
MonikaWilson

Got the E2 yesterday & have now made 2 cards. I have not updated the E2 yet~ I tried yesterday, but the link did not work & I did not have a chance today. The first card was very simple & had no problems, however, I wanted to play with the 'Just a Note' cartridge to make a full, tri-fold card ~ so a little more complicated. With the old Expression, I could cut all the different layers without having to change the size. However, with the E2 it did not work the same way. I cut the card in one size & then the layers had to be adjusted to much smaller ~ & I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be ~ none of my layers completely lined up. Other than that, the E2 is quite a machine. BTW, it arrived with all it's parts & the packing was fine. No complaints. I love the touch screen!Love
farmscraps Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 8:08:31 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: NiqueGrigsby Go to Quoted Post
Hello fellow E2 owners I too received my cricut late yesterday evening (April 28th) but didn't play with it because it was getting late so as soon as I got home from work today I quickly opened up and calibrated and registered my E2 only to realize that it was missing the stylus. I double checked all the packaging and looked in the spot where the quick start guide and book said it was and NO STYLUS only an EMPTY SPACE. I didn't panic I just called HSN and asked them to send me one and they put me on hold and come back and told me they sold out of the styluses. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!Cursing She then tells me she was sorry but I could either send it back or keep it as is. I told her how are you guys going to sell me a product with one of the parts missing and then tell me oh well sorry you can send it back and I am paying you over $300 for the rest of my life. She had no answer except to tell me I could send it back for a refund or call Provo Craft and that is what I did the good folks @ Provo Craft BigGrin did the honorable thing and they will be sending a stylus to me. I have been a faithful supporter and customer to both Provo Craft and HSN I was very disappointed with HSN and won't be purchasing anymore craft items from then for a long time. Once I finish paying this machine off I am waiting. I gave this long winded speech to say BE CAREFUL and check your machine out thoroughly. I am also thrilled to have my new toy home and safe especially after reading some posts stating they were told they wouldn't get their machine. Enjoy all!!! Nique Laugh

Someone posted that the stylus was under where the matt goes. Did you look there?
Sherri Kay Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 8:09:49 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2396 time(s) in 2148 post(s)
I just got an email stating that my E2 has shipped and the delivery date has been updated from May 6 to May 3. Can't wait!!!!!!
Trish S Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 9:09:57 PM(UTC)
Trish S

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MonikaWilson Go to Quoted Post
Got the E2 yesterday & have now made 2 cards. I have not updated the E2 yet~ I tried yesterday, but the link did not work & I did not have a chance today. The first card was very simple & had no problems, however, I wanted to play with the 'Just a Note' cartridge to make a full, tri-fold card ~ so a little more complicated. With the old Expression, I could cut all the different layers without having to change the size. However, with the E2 it did not work the same way. I cut the card in one size & then the layers had to be adjusted to much smaller ~ & I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be ~ none of my layers completely lined up. Other than that, the E2 is quite a machine. BTW, it arrived with all it's parts & the packing was fine. No complaints. I love the touch screen!Love

Hello Monika,
Just a thought...did you make sure the "Real Dial Size" was turned off? With everything being digital, it seems a little harder to tell at first glance what your settings are. I thought it was supposed to be just as easy to cut layers. I got my E2 on Thursday afternoon and I am dying to really have the chance to play with itLove
Good luck!!
VickieMoore1 Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 10:34:01 PM(UTC)
VickieMoore1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I updated my new cricut expression 2 and now i am getting nothing. It won't work. It will power on and all the button lights come on and stay on but the screen just says Cricut expression 2(the welcome screen i suppose) I am so sad and i wish i hadn't installed the firmware..Now my computer won't recognize it and neither will my gypsy. I thought i was doing a good thing..Crying
TheRedAaronness Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 4:15:53 AM(UTC)
TheRedAaronness

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Got mine yesterday morning. I have made one cut LOL I jumped in then looked at manual. Manual isn't really very helpful if you ask me. I did manage to figure out sizing. More later.

Mine is missing the Imagine port cover Mad and I sent CS an email. That has gone unanswered.

Honestly I think it will take us a few days to really get into it for a serious response. Laugh
MonikaWilson Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:47:33 AM(UTC)
MonikaWilson

Originally Posted by: Trish S Go to Quoted Post
Hello Monika,
Just a thought...did you make sure the "Real Dial Size" was turned off? With everything being digital, it seems a little harder to tell at first glance what your settings are. I thought it was supposed to be just as easy to cut layers. I got my E2 on Thursday afternoon and I am dying to really have the chance to play with itLove
Good luck!!

Yes, checked all those settings to make sure. I updated the Firmware last night & so far so good ~ machine has turned on ~ will experiment with making another card to see if there were just some bugs.
TammyJ Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:03:06 AM(UTC)
TammyJ

I got my E2 yesterday and have not even turned it on yet. I am disappointed to find out it will not work with the software. I am thinking of sending it back because of that very reason. I don't want to be buying carts all the time.

Tell me what u all think.
Thanks
Tam
Junebuggy Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:15:10 AM(UTC)
Junebuggy

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
My E2 arrived yesterday, and so far, so good. The update went quickly and smoothly. I am loving the new settings--still reading and learning them. The pre-loads are a good cart variety--so convenient to have them right there in the machine. I didn't have any plans of buying the E2, but I jumped right in on impulse the other night and I have no regrets.
farmscraps Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:25:03 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: TammyJ Go to Quoted Post
I got my E2 yesterday and have not even turned it on yet. I am disappointed to find out it will not work with the software. I am thinking of sending it back because of that very reason. I don't want to be buying carts all the time.

Tell me what u all think.
Thanks
Tam

I am not understanding what software you are talking about.. You dont have to upgrade your E2 for it to work.. The update includes the pause feature and the kerning feature. It should be good to go out of the box other then callibrating the screen....
farmscraps Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:30:41 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: Junebuggy Go to Quoted Post
My E2 arrived yesterday, and so far, so good. The update went quickly and smoothly. I am loving the new settings--still reading and learning them. The pre-loads are a good cart variety--so convenient to have them right there in the machine. I didn't have any plans of buying the E2, but I jumped right in on impulse the other night and I have no regrets.

I wasnt planning on buying the E2 either.. until I saw them demo it.. and I was hooked. I am so glad hubby told me to get it for my Mothers DAy gift!!Love Now if the thing will just get here already!!Flapper
kimmie Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:31:51 AM(UTC)
kimmie

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
[quote=farmscraps;846533]I am not understanding what software you are talking about.. You dont have to upgrade your E2 for it to work.. The update includes the pause feature and the kerning feature. It should be good to go out of the box other then callibrating the screen....
[/q

I agree, I did a few cuts yesterday and was able to pause while cutting and I didnt do any update for the E2...however, when I did attempt and update for my gypsy I got the blue light with a non responsive gypsy screen...called PC and after attempting their fixes they are sending me a replacement gypsy...but the E2 did not need an update to work.
TammyJ Offline
#30 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:37:14 AM(UTC)
TammyJ

Originally Posted by: farmscraps Go to Quoted Post
I am not understanding what software you are talking about.. You dont have to upgrade your E2 for it to work.. The update includes the pause feature and the kerning feature. It should be good to go out of the box other then callibrating the screen....

The Design Studio software is what I am talking about.