Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SandyFord Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 5:24:51 PM(UTC)
SandyFord

Groups: Registered

Just got my E2 today. Everytime I have tried to cut, it starts cutting and then shuts off in the middle of it, the beginning of it, or the end of it. I updated the firmware and still have this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks,
KarenDimitrijevski1 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 6:07:42 PM(UTC)
KarenDimitrijevski1

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
No problems here but I've only made 3 cuts. Maybe try plugging it into a different outlet?
 1 user thanked KarenDimitrijevski1 for this useful post.
SandyFord on 5/1/2011(UTC)
SaraWise Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 7:36:09 PM(UTC)
SaraWise

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I had that problem with my original expression. Called provo craft and they sent me a new power cable etc... that fixed the problem. There was something wrong with the POWER getting to the expression...... hope it's an easy fix for you!
 1 user thanked SaraWise for this useful post.
14cross Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 8:30:51 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandyFord Go to Quoted Post
Just got my E2 today. Everytime I have tried to cut, it starts cutting and then shuts off in the middle of it, the beginning of it, or the end of it. I updated the firmware and still have this problem. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks,

Make sure your power cord is plugged firmly into the back of the E2 and also plugged firmly into the brick on the power supply. That may be the problem.

Chris
Provo Craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
SandyFord Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 1:17:08 PM(UTC)
SandyFord

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Chris, I unplugged everything and replugged to make sure it was a snug fit. Even tried a different outlet and it is still shutting off. Any more suggestions? Thanks.
SandyFord Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 1:36:38 PM(UTC)
SandyFord

Ok, It gets even crazier. I had been putting it on heavy paper, so that's when it would shut off. I tried medium paper and it stays on, cuts, unloads, etc. I'm going to go play some more. After I did medium paper 5 times, I tried heavy paper again and when it was done cutting it shut off. I'll post again tonight after trying the other papers. Thanks.
14cross Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 8:10:00 AM(UTC)
14cross

Ok, It gets even crazier. I had been putting it on heavy paper, so that's when it would shut off. I tried medium paper and it stays on, cuts, unloads, etc. I'm going to go play some more. After I did medium paper 5 times, I tried heavy paper again and when it was done cutting it shut off. I'll post again tonight after trying the other papers. Thanks.

Can you define heavy paper? Are you talking about chipboard or are you talking about 85 lb Bazzill paper or what? What depth is your blade set to and what is your pressure setting? I would like to try to replicate this here, though I know we tested multiple machines at all settings with most materials.

Chris
Provo Craft
SandyFord Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 9:16:28 AM(UTC)
SandyFord

It is your preset heavy paper that it won't cut at. (I cut most everything on max regardless of what it is). My blade is set at 6. I hooked up the Gypsy to see if that would work and it communicates, but shuts off during printing. I also had the settings set on Max. Thanks.
14cross Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 9:46:00 AM(UTC)
14cross

It is your preset heavy paper that it won't cut at. (I cut most everything on max regardless of what it is). My blade is set at 6. I hooked up the Gypsy to see if that would work and it communicates, but shuts off during printing. I also had the settings set on Max. Thanks.

What kind of paper are you using? What speed setting and are you doing multi cut?

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Monday, May 02, 2011 9:46:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyFord Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:04:29 AM(UTC)
SandyFord

Using DCWV paper, speed 5, no multi cut. When I say it won't cut, I mean it shuts off. It would physically cut the paper in part and then shut off.
14cross Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:12:13 AM(UTC)
14cross

Using DCWV paper, speed 5, no multi cut. When I say it won't cut, I mean it shuts off. It would physically cut the paper in part and then shut off.

DCWV makes a lot of different weights of paper. Can you tell me the weight of the paper? Often it states that is is 80 lb paper or 65 lb or whatever. If not can you tell me if it is chipboard, cardstock, or any other info that might help me identify what paper is being used?

Chris
Provo Craft
SandyFord Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:31:38 AM(UTC)
SandyFord

Do not know the weight, I cannot find it on the stack, but it is their cardstock that comes in a pad, some are glittered, some are textured. It is NOT chipboard. But the problem is not the paper, because it will cut on a lower setting. It is the setting itself. Thanks
14cross Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:50:47 AM(UTC)
14cross

Do not know the weight, I cannot find it on the stack, but it is their cardstock that comes in a pad, some are glittered, some are textured. It is NOT chipboard. But the problem is not the paper, because it will cut on a lower setting. It is the setting itself. Thanks

Ok. So cutting the same paper works if set to Medium Paper. It just doesn't work on the Heavy Paper setting. Keep it at the Medium paper setting and I will talk to the software engineers to see if they can find a bug with this setting. By the way, have you tried to update your E2 yet?

Chris
Provo Craft
SandyFord Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 11:00:30 AM(UTC)
SandyFord

Yes, I did update my E2 when I first had the problem. Everything on the update worked just fine. Thanks for your help.