Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SaintsRule! Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 4:18:41 PM(UTC)
SaintsRule!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 34 post(s)
First of all let me begin by thanking PC for creating products we all love. I have been a faithful fan and customer for 5 years. My first purchase was a Baby Bug and shortly thereafter I purchased Design Studio. I immediately bought the original Expression as soon as it became available. And then of course I had to have the Gypsy! I won’t even begin to tell you how many cartridges I own for fear my husband is reading this post… Flapper

However, with all this being said, I must express my disappointment. I, along with many other Cricut faithful, ordered a Cricut Expression 2 from HSN during the world-wide launch. And I, like many others, are waiting…. There are contrary reports. HSN says they are “waiting for Provocraft” to release more product while PC maintains “HSN has enough product to fill the orders.” I for one am frustrated! I do not understand why a company would continue to sell a product they do not have in stock. This should have been clarified when we placed our order. As of today, my order status says to expect delivery by May 6th. However, my card has not been charged. I have received both a robo-call and email telling me "possibly the end of May." I suspect I will receive my E2 by Friday if and when pigs fly…

Please bear with me. I do not complain. In fact I have been one of the biggest cheerleaders for PC products. But this experience has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. HSN makes money by selling PC’s products. It is their (HSN's) job to make the product and corresponding manufacturer look good. And quite honestly they have not. If I handled my supplier’s goods so loosely, I would soon lose their business. It is my sincere hope that if anyone at PC reads this, they will take a serious look at this “business relationship.” The last time I looked “good will” can do a great deal for your company. In the current economic times it is much easier to maintain customers versus creating new ones.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

SaintsRule!

2 users thanked SaintsRule! for this useful post.
CraftyWifey on 5/2/2011(UTC), gdtwin1 on 5/3/2011(UTC)
Sunshinesacricutdiva Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 4:37:02 PM(UTC)
Sunshinesacricutdiva

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If it makes you feel any better, my card wasn't charged until a day before I received my shipment.
SaintsRule! Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 4:50:39 PM(UTC)
SaintsRule!

Originally Posted by: Sunshinesacricutdiva Go to Quoted Post
If it makes you feel any better, my card wasn't charged until a day before I received my shipment.

Thank you! I appreciate the words of encouragement. I'm not holding my breath though. Considering there has been zero changes on my account information and HSN has given me little hope.... very discouraging...

Thanks again for attempting to cheer me up!
JanaTerpstra Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 4:55:50 PM(UTC)
JanaTerpstra

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 100 post(s)
It was my understanding that all orders will be filled. PC has shipped more E2's to HSN to be shipped out.
Good luck, I'm sure it will work out.
SaintsRule! Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 5:07:14 PM(UTC)
SaintsRule!

Originally Posted by: JanaTerpstra Go to Quoted Post
It was my understanding that all orders will be filled. PC has shipped more E2's to HSN to be shipped out.
Good luck, I'm sure it will work out.

I'm sure you are right. I don't doubt that PC has done what they say. And I am sure you are right and I will receive an E2... maybe by Memorial Day... I am troubled by the idea that HSN sold these units, confirmed sale to so many people and gave them an arrival date they had no intention of making good on...

I don't want anyone here to think I am beating up on Provocraft. I do know one thing.. I will never use HSN again... no matter WHAT PC offers for sale there... I bought my Gypsy there a few years back during the launch and had ZERO issues... obviously something has changed...

There may be another Expression 2 available (or not) if I decide to cancel my order... Crying

Edited by user Monday, May 02, 2011 5:08:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked SaintsRule! for this useful post.
4i's on 5/2/2011(UTC)
Sunshinesacricutdiva Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 6:36:50 PM(UTC)
Sunshinesacricutdiva

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SaintsRule! Go to Quoted Post
Thank you! I appreciate the words of encouragement. I'm not holding my breath though. Considering there has been zero changes on my account information and HSN has given me little hope.... very discouraging...

Thanks again for attempting to cheer me up!

My status wasn't updated until the day I was expected to receive it. My account showed a delivery date of April 28th, on the 27th I checked right before I went to bed which was 11PM Eastern time and there was no change so of course I was more than a little discouraged but when I logged on around 10 AM the next day it was in transit. Hopefully you will receive it on your initial delivery date and lets just hope that it was a mass message that was sent to everyone that ordered the E2 and they just didn't have time to look through the orders. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in hopes that you'll receive yours by the weekend.

Edited by user Monday, May 02, 2011 6:37:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Sunshinesacricutdiva for this useful post.
SaintsRule! on 5/3/2011(UTC)
AdminAndy Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 7:36:49 PM(UTC)
AdminAndy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick note. We've been working with HSN on these issues. They're shipping machines as fast as they can and have plenty of inventory. We're excited about the enthusiastic response. The Anniversary Edition is a great machine. I wish that there was a way to get them out faster. I'll forward you initial post to the folks on our side who work with HSN, so they get the word that there are some anxious crafters ready to get creative!

Thanks for your patience.

Andy
 6 users thanked AdminAndy for this useful post.
farmscraps on 5/2/2011(UTC), JojoMedley on 5/2/2011(UTC), CraftyWifey on 5/2/2011(UTC), amandaniemeyer on 5/3/2011(UTC), luvmyshihtzus (Carole) on 5/3/2011(UTC), scrapalette on 5/3/2011(UTC)
4i's Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 8:00:15 PM(UTC)
4i's

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Stupid question...why didn't PC just ship the E2 directly to us vs shipping them to HSN to turnaround and ship to us?? Doesn't seem like a good use of money...someone is going to have to pick up the extra shipping costs...hopefully not us loyal Cricut users...

I too have not seen a change in my shipping or payment status...still says Not Shipped Yet and the payment as processing and I ordered on the 25th; said the ETA was 05/06.
 1 user thanked 4i's for this useful post.
Mercy Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 8:15:53 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TimmiCahal Go to Quoted Post
Stupid question...why didn't PC just ship the E2 directly to us vs shipping them to HSN to turnaround and ship to us?? Doesn't seem like a good use of money...someone is going to have to pick up the extra shipping costs...hopefully not us loyal Cricut users...

I too have not seen a change in my shipping or payment status...still says Not Shipped Yet and the payment as processing and I ordered on the 25th; said the ETA was 05/06.

That is the same process when we go to any store. The HQ orders a product, it is sent to stores and then we buy it from the store. All orders must go to a specific location to be counted and verified and then to the customer as that is normal procedure.
Mercy Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 8:20:01 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Oh, that was not a stupid question as we understand your concern. :)
Red Hat Lady Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:26:36 PM(UTC)
Red Hat Lady

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I got mine today at about 5pm. I had to laugh because the outside of the box
says Salt lake City on it---then was sent to california and then shipped back to guess where!Thats right, good old Salt lake city where I live and where Provo Craft is.
Yes it would have been a lot easier/cheaper to just go and knock on their door and pick it upBigGrin if only it could work that way!
nightnurse Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:32:50 PM(UTC)
nightnurse

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 550 time(s) in 365 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AdminAndy Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick note. We've been working with HSN on these issues. They're shipping machines as fast as they can and have plenty of inventory. We're excited about the enthusiastic response. The Anniversary Edition is a great machine. I wish that there was a way to get them out faster. I'll forward you initial post to the folks on our side who work with HSN, so they get the word that there are some anxious crafters ready to get creative!

Thanks for your patience.

Andy

Andy, I just want to thank you and PC for trying to keep us informed and assured that we will get the product we ordered from HSN. As for HSN: Angry Angry Angry
 1 user thanked nightnurse for this useful post.
CraftyWifey on 5/2/2011(UTC)
luvmyshihtzus (Carole) Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:00:08 AM(UTC)
luvmyshihtzus (Carole)

Was thanked: 616 time(s) in 414 post(s)
If we received the e-mail/phone message that ours are on back order, they will not be magically showing up on the 5th or 6th as originally promised. The people who unexpectedly got theirs quicker with little notice didn't get that message. The one thing that HSN has been consistent in their message regarding the back ordered items is, that we will not be getting our machines when originally promised.

I already filed a complaint with the BBB. Even if I get my machine, HSN follows unfair sales tactics and order fulfillment procedures when they place customers who ordered first on back order, and they need to be held accountable since this practice is not disclosed at the time of purchase.

BTW, Happy Mother's Day to me. This was supposed to be my Mother's Day gift and I've been waiting since CHA for the chance to get it. So "I'm sorry" just isn't good enough.

Anyone who would like the link to the Better Business Bureau in Tampa, please send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to send it to you.

Thanks, Admin Andy. I'm happy to know Provocraft is doing all they can to help HSN rectify this situation in the only way that is currently available to them. I hold HSN solely responsible for their order fulfillment procedure.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:07:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JodyGouldsberry Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 5:18:06 AM(UTC)
JodyGouldsberry

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I called HSN again yesterday and the csr had no idea that they werent even being sent out. Lot of help there. I told her there was talk of a class action suit for overselling and other things and she said off the record she wouldnt blame us if we did. She also said that if we hadnt recieved them we prolly wouldnt be reciving them at all they dont normally wait this long.

i know that is no help but im just as upset as the next person if not more. I had already sold my CE in expectation of recieving the CE2 as i ordered it at 12:20 am i was around number 1200 for ordering.

JOdy
 1 user thanked JodyGouldsberry for this useful post.
Flamenco92627 on 5/3/2011(UTC)
gdtwin1 Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 8:22:56 AM(UTC)
gdtwin1

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Andy,

While I appreciate your attempt at appeasing everyone involved in this mess, we are just not being heard by anyone involved. I, like many others, am having the same issue and run around with HSN/PC/PayPal, etc. It just makes no sense what-so-ever that you can order the E2 BEFORE the official launch (when it was first posted online) with a confirmation and delivery date of May 5th, only to receive a "Oh we don't have a clue IF or WHEN you will receive yours...and by the way, we may have to cancel your order if it takes too long to get them back in...!" How can this be????? NO ONE has been able to explain this in any logical way yet! My friend that lives in the same neighborhood ordered hers at the END of the launch (only 120 left)... had it sent to my address because she is in the process of moving... and got hers YESTERDAY! She chose the flex pay, used PayPal, got the additional electrical warranty, etc.- any logical explanation out there???????????????? Seems strange that this usually happens whenever PC launches anything with HSN, doesn't it? Does HSN have this problem with all of the companies it deals with and, if so, how would they still be in business?? Makes you wonder where the problem really is...

I wholeheartedly agree with you SaintsRule!;852714 ... your letter was right on and to the point. Good luck to you...
 3 users thanked gdtwin1 for this useful post.
Flamenco92627 on 5/3/2011(UTC), SaintsRule! on 5/3/2011(UTC), Joan Carskaddon on 5/3/2011(UTC)
luvmyshihtzus (Carole) Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:12:49 AM(UTC)
luvmyshihtzus (Carole)

Was thanked: 616 time(s) in 414 post(s)
Better Business Bureau-Tampa

The only possible way to prevent this from happening again.
SaintsRule! Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:39:36 PM(UTC)
SaintsRule!

I appreciate PC taking the time to respond to my post. I can tell by scrolling through the posts here and elsewhere that there is a great deal of frustration. I wanted to express my opinion. And it is just that MY opinion. I am grateful that I will receive my E2 (unless HSN changes their mind)... However, I still question the methods used by HSN. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for the whole thing. I find it odd that the moment we point and click (receiving a receipt with anticipated delivery date no less) that we can not be notified there are NO MORE available. I feel as if I were lied to (for a lack of a more politically correct way to put it). It's not a good way to do business... and I feel it reflects badly on PC. I am happy for those who received their new toy and I have enjoyed seeing their creations! I hope for a happy ending as well! But as I stated earlier, I am NOT holding my breath. At this point, many of us are at the mercy of HSN and that is not a place I particularly want to be...

Red Hat Lady Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 3:44:20 PM(UTC)
Red Hat Lady

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I ordered my E2 about the first hour it was on. I wanted to see them introduce it and what it did/looked like etc. I wasn't planning on ordering but was "sucked it" again! lol.
I received mine yesterday the 2nd, had an arrival date of the the 6th, so I got it even
earlier than expected.
Now this may be the difference-or not---since I am in Utah, all my hsn stuff comes from
California not Tampa. We always get everything we order from HSN earlier than the stated time of arrival. So far we have never had a problem with them, always good service and very timely. I wonder if the problem is the Tampa center that they ship
from is not as on top of things as the one in California. If that is the case I am
glad that I don't get mine from Florida :)
So if that is the case, they're being inconsistant and slow, I would think they do
have plenty of product and you will still get your machines. Hopefully for all of you that will happen.
 1 user thanked Red Hat Lady for this useful post.
Weezie13 Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:39:41 PM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
I called again today for my E2, still on BACK~ORDER!!
They said they didn't get enough supply in, that PC didn't think they'd sell as many as they did.Confused

~~~>But I still find it odd, that with ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
of the orders that I order from HSN, when I order something PC, is when there's a snaf~foo!!!
Seriously, I order make~up/skin products *Love Serious Skin Care*, I order Tony Little stuff,
A TON OF CRAFTING STUFF, from Martha Stewart to 3 Birds, to WeRMemoryKeepers, to Anna Griffin,
to Tim Holtz, to Bazzil to Hot off the Press...
and it's only PROVO CRAFT ITEMS (ELECTRONIC ONES' REALLY) that get held up..
I am soooooooo serious....
Everything has come in a timely fashion, and haven't had any BACK~ORDER issues...

JMHO!!!
 1 user thanked Weezie13 for this useful post.
Joan Carskaddon on 5/3/2011(UTC)
SaintsRule! Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:45:55 PM(UTC)
SaintsRule!

Well here is what I know about the ongoing E2 saga...

My card was FINALLY charged today for the first payment. Keep in mind that this entire time my delivery date has said May 6th. I purchased the item early Tuesday morning...) The delivery date STILL says May 6th... don't know how that is going to happen... lol

I sincerely hope that PC has taken issue with HSN over this mess. I hope and pray that we all get our new toys soon!
cricutkris Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 5:16:27 PM(UTC)
cricutkris

Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 225 post(s)
Maybe PC should switch to QVC.
MiChElLe PeTrO Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:12:37 PM(UTC)
MiChElLe PeTrO

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luvmyshihtzus (Carole) Go to Quoted Post
If we received the e-mail/phone message that ours are on back order, they will not be magically showing up on the 5th or 6th as originally promised. The people who unexpectedly got theirs quicker with little notice didn't get that message. The one thing that HSN has been consistent in their message regarding the back ordered items is, that we will not be getting our machines when originally promised.

I already filed a complaint with the BBB. Even if I get my machine, HSN follows unfair sales tactics and order fulfillment procedures when they place customers who ordered first on back order, and they need to be held accountable since this practice is not disclosed at the time of purchase.

BTW, Happy Mother's Day to me. This was supposed to be my Mother's Day gift and I've been waiting since CHA for the chance to get it. So "I'm sorry" just isn't good enough.

Anyone who would like the link to the Better Business Bureau in Tampa, please send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to send it to you.

Thanks, Admin Andy. I'm happy to know Provocraft is doing all they can to help HSN rectify this situation in the only way that is currently available to them. I hold HSN solely responsible for their order fulfillment procedure.

I know this is a little off topic here but, I wanted to say that this doesn't only happen with PC Products.... It happened to me with the Martha Stewart Star Burst Punch Set that I ordered on Auto-Ship... I had ordered it and got it but, one of them was defective so I had to exchange it. Well Everything was peachy keen then two days later I got the same type of call saying it was on back order and they were waiting for Martha Stewart's company to reship them more. The kicker was if they didn't get them back in stock by the end of this week they were going to cancel my order and they'd give me a credit for my shipping charges.... I was very upset by this so I know how frustrating it can be but HSN does it with everything... I don't think they should keep selling what they dont have in stock with hopes that they will get it. Maybe I'm wrong.