Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Pink Elephant Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:59:08 PM(UTC)
Pink Elephant

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I color flooded two cuttin up letters with two different Imagine patterns but after I welded them together they both turned the same color. Does anyone know how to fix this or did I do something wrong?

I hope this was clear.

Thanks!
JensMom Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:45:18 PM(UTC)
JensMom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 460 time(s) in 336 post(s)
I'm really sorry I don't know for sure but I'm guessing once you weld it, it is considered one new image and won't allow you use two different colors just as with any other single image....but I am curious how you are welding with Imagine? Is that available with the Gypsy now? Is that a new update? or is it a feature that was available with the last gypsy update and I totally slept through it? Blushing

Nevermind....I just saw this is in the CCR thread....I am a dope.....

Anyway, hope my guess helps.

Edited by user Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:46:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 7:33:24 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I don't know anything about the IMAGINE; but, based on what the last poster said, I thought it might be the WELD feature also, in which case you might need to UNWELD until you get the colors in and then WELD again OR maybe the two images are GROUPED and need to be UNGROUPED?

Char
Scrapperdee Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:31:02 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4187 time(s) in 2402 post(s)
I don't know if there is a way to fix that...I have sent an e-mail saying that there should be a way to weld without the entire object being flooded as 1 color. What's the point of the "front" "behind" keys if you can't weld and keep each item's color separated.
sunnieday Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:49:29 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 224 post(s)
here is what I think might help
if you weld, you are asking the entire object to be as one... color shape and such
If you want to stack them, hit dont weld and after you have all your layers on group the object including all layers.
Try it and let me know if Im explaining it correctly
Scrapperdee Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 2:07:35 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Originally Posted by: sunnieday Go to Quoted Post
here is what I think might help
if you weld, you are asking the entire object to be as one... color shape and such
If you want to stack them, hit dont weld and after you have all your layers on group the object including all layers.
Try it and let me know if Im explaining it correctly

Can you actually PRINT something that is stacked and it won't cut every piece? I doubt it (although I'll be happy). I can't try it because CCR isn't printing/cutting through the imagine yet (well, it won't for me).

sunnieday Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:55:20 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 224 post(s)
nope I have the imagine too so nope I cant cut and print..
I hope they get that up and running soon.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:09:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Flood your color with each image/layer separately.

After you have everything the color you want, WELD if you want to WELD; the colors will come out on your IMAGINE like you have them on the mat.

I believe you have to select everything (get a box around everything) to GROUP. You do this by left clicking on one of the images you have put together. Hold down the CONTROL key on your keyboard and left click the next image; do this until all images are selected holding down the CONTROL key. Once you have selected them, go to the top and GROUP them together. Anything that is grouped is considered ONE IMAGE at this point.

I believe as long as you have WELDED them before you GROUPED them, all the colors will come out just as you have laid them out on the mat.

SCRAPALETTE or NARELLE, is there an easier way to GROUP?

Char
Narelle Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:47:16 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7904 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Flood your color with each image/layer separately.

After you have everything the color you want, WELD if you want to WELD; the colors will come out on your IMAGINE like you have them on the mat.

I believe you have to select everything (get a box around everything) to GROUP. You do this by left clicking on one of the images you have put together. Hold down the CONTROL key on your keyboard and left click the next image; do this until all images are selected holding down the CONTROL key. Once you have selected them, go to the top and GROUP them together. Anything that is grouped is considered ONE IMAGE at this point.

I believe as long as you have WELDED them before you GROUPED them, all the colors will come out just as you have laid them out on the mat.

SCRAPALETTE or NARELLE, is there an easier way to GROUP?

Char

You can just drag a box around the objects you want to select, then press Group. Or if you want to select everything on the mat you can click Edit, Select All, then press Group.

Edited by user Thursday, May 05, 2011 12:21:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/5/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 12:04:43 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7904 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
Can you actually PRINT something that is stacked and it won't cut every piece? I doubt it (although I'll be happy). I can't try it because CCR isn't printing/cutting through the imagine yet (well, it won't for me).

Do you a GO! button on your screen when you have the Imagine selected? I have one and it goes looking for the Imagine (I don't have one) when I press GO. I just wondered if everyone has that. And does it find the Imagine if you have one selected and attached.

Scrapperdee Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:11:23 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Doesn't "grouping" just allow you to change the size of them all at the same time?

I want the word HAPPY to have each letter a different color YET I also want them to cut out as 1 unit (i.e. welded). Also, I would like different flowers, from different carts to be colored differently...then I want them to kind-of overlap/layer and then just cut out as 1 big unit.

I think I'm confused - or expecting something that isn't going to happen. I was looking forward to this AND to layering, but I really don't believe it'll happen.
Scrapperdee Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:14:00 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Originally Posted by: Narelle (GirlfromOz) Go to Quoted Post
Do you a GO! button on your screen when you have the Imagine selected? I have one and it goes looking for the Imagine (I don't have one) when I press GO. I just wondered if everyone has that. And does it find the Imagine if you have one selected and attached.

I don't think you can cut/print through the imagine yet (using CCR) but what I'm really asking a techy question. I have colored and layered a disney image that appears that it should print as one unit...but I'm pretty sure it won't because the machine will still cut each "cut" line...so all the layering (stacking) will just end up a mess of cut-up items.
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:15:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Doesn't "grouping" just allow you to change the size of them all at the same time?

I want the word HAPPY to have each letter a different color YET I also want them to cut out as 1 unit (i.e. welded). Also, I would like different flowers, from different carts to be colored differently...then I want them to kind-of overlap/layer and then just cut out as 1 big unit.

I think I'm confused - or expecting something that isn't going to happen. I was looking forward to this AND to layering, but I really don't believe it'll happen.

I believe you should color each letter independently; if you want to WELD after that, they should retain the original color you made them when they were separated.

I did go to CCR and try this; I used ADD TEXT and entered HAPPY. When adding TEXT, each letter is separate to begin with. I colored each letter (in the IMAGINE) the color I wanted them--all different. Then, I pushed them together and WELDED. At first, it looked like they were reverting to all the same color. BUT, after I welded all of them, they changed to the colors I applied to them. So, when you CUT, the colors should come out as you applied the colors.

Before I said to GROUP and that was wrong. You are right; GROUPING is more for sizing everything together in correct proportions when you want to do that. I think I said this wrong before and I'll go back and EDIT my post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Char

Edited by user Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:28:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 5/5/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:31:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I don't know if there is a way to fix that...I have sent an e-mail saying that there should be a way to weld without the entire object being flooded as 1 color. What's the point of the "front" "behind" keys if you can't weld and keep each item's color separated.

To me, forward/backward is so you can see the objects on top of each other as they will appear on your card/layout. I think that is the only purpose for forward/backward. After you see how everything is going to look, I think you pull all of the objects/images off each other and separate them for cutting.

Anyone else? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying?

Char
Scrapperdee Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:56:34 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

I believe you should color each letter independently; if you want to WELD after that, they should retain the original color you made them when they were separated.

I did go to CCR and try this; I used ADD TEXT and entered HAPPY. When adding TEXT, each letter is separate to begin with. I colored each letter (in the IMAGINE) the color I wanted them--all different. Then, I pushed them together and WELDED. At first, it looked like they were reverting to all the same color. BUT, after I welded all of them, they changed to the colors I applied to them. So, when you CUT, the colors should come out as you applied the colors.

Before I said to GROUP and that was wrong. You are right; GROUPING is more for sizing everything together in correct proportions when you want to do that. I think I said this wrong before and I'll go back and EDIT my post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Char

COOL - I guess the final test will be to see how it cuts! Thanks, I'll give it a try!
Scrapperdee Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:58:12 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

To me, forward/backward is so you can see the objects on top of each other as they will appear on your card/layout. I think that is the only purpose for forward/backward. After you see how everything is going to look, I think you pull all of the objects/images off each other and separate them for cutting.

Anyone else? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying?

Char

OH...its just so you get the idea of how something will look. Thanks